Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201891 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#211104 Aug 20, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn you are dumb. You sound like someone that dropped out of middle school, got pregnant and married before 18, found Jesus through a tent revival and now think you hold a PHD in biology, cultural history and language arts. You sound like a child, and you display the knowledge of a child.
The only confusion you are experiencing is the realization that you don't know what the hell you are talking about and others do, and you can't deal with it. It's called a fundie meltdown.
I can't imagine going up to a handicap kid and telling him it's because of sin in his genealogy.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#211105 Aug 20, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fairy tale time again!!
Feel free to present APA studies and demonstrate the fraudulency and expose where science has been distorted!! Get right on that. When you do, be sure and present all the numerous other studies that basically reach the same conclusion as the APAs!!!
I love that idiots like you actually think that anyone above a 6th grade education would believe that an organization as large and respected as the APA would risk their credibility in order to promote your mythical "gay agenda"!!!!! You are so f*cking stupid Greggie!!!! LOL!!!!
<quoted text>
Your obsession over anal sex is creepy. Secondly, medical doctors would never state that a sexual practice was "demeaning". This is a judgment only, and it's yours. It's as irrelevant as all your other made up bullshyt!!! And you will not find medical research that states that anal sex is inherently unhealthy or harmful. You lie. A lot.
<quoted text>
And yet none of the children raised in gay headed households will concur with that. And guess what, they know better than you. More irrelevant and unsupported judgment from the fantasy land of KiMare's head!!!
<quoted text>
No dear, worst case situations would be children being raised by lying, hypocritical bigots like yourself. Can't imagine how horrible that would be for a child.
<quoted text>
Sadly, none of the hundreds of thousands of children being raised in gay headed households would concur. You lose again.
<quoted text>
We already are. But mindless slugs like yourself keep trying to prevent children from being given loving and supportive homes. You don't care about children at all. You're a despicable hypocrite. Nasty and vile to the core. Ugly.
<quoted text>
And yet none of the hundreds of thousands of children already raised by gay parents would agree with you. Know who else doesn't agree with you silly bitch?
American Academy of Pediatrics
American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
American Psychiatric Association
American Psychological Association
American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
American Psychoanalytic Association
National Association of Social Workers
Child Welfare League of America
North American Council on Adoptable Children
Canadian Psychological Association
LOL!!!! Smile Greggie!! You've just been spanked. Again. But do rush back with any of the supposedly fraudulent studies you mention and dissect them for us!!! We'd love to watch the meltdown!!!!
My guess is instead, you will cowardly ignore doing so and revert back to one of your other nonsensical talking points!!!
Wow! Hysterical much?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#211106 Aug 20, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact remains;
Historical context is the argument of fools!!! Always has been, always will be.
Now you just go to your corner and pout about the fact that just because something hasn't been done before, that that doesn't mean it shouldn't be done now!!!!!! Whether something was done in the past will always and forever be COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT!!!!!!!
Relax fruitloops. You're screaming.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#211107 Aug 20, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
He is the epitome of a DOLT!!
Yeah. That's our Big D alright!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#211108 Aug 20, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, just because something was true in the past, does not make it a good thing.
Or a bad thing.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#211109 Aug 20, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
...VV was right. It is you showing your cards, and they all have rips and tears.
Yours are wilted and floppy.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#211110 Aug 20, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Or a bad thing.
right... zero bearing at all

I don’t care if same sex marriage was embraced by other cultures in history or not

I don’t care if slavery was embraced by other cultures in history

I don’t care of women were regarded as second class citizens in history

I don’t care if protestants were burned at the stake for their religion in history

That was then, this is now.. welcome to... today

Just because something was true before, does not mean it should be today.
Hoikers

Covina, CA

#211111 Aug 20, 2013
Festered up big punk- d you mean;

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#211112 Aug 20, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t care if same sex marriage was embraced by other cultures in history or not
I don’t care if protestants were burned at the stake for their religion in history
Truth doesn't change. It will always resurrect when denied. History tells us that happens quickly regarding marriage.
suzanne henderson

Placerville, CA

#211113 Aug 20, 2013
To whom it may concern,

The one who said that this is not a Bible Study forum, for your information, God is with us everyday in everything that we do and say. I am addressing the topic of homosexuality and referring Scripture because most of the forum so far, may not know where certain Scriptures are that I am quoting and this verse has to do with why we should look at Scripture as a Christian because it says "All Scripture is given by the inspiration of God" and then I continue with the rest of the verse. Just because you have no interest in God or anything about what he has says or created does not give you a right to tell me or others what they can say or do, so you move on. I have dusted my feet off on those who are not interested. As I have said before, we will continue on because my husband and I know that there is someone out there that is crying, guilty and needs someone to talk to, despressed and might be thinking of committing suicide and for whoever they are, my husband and I will have a listening ear, for this has happened to us many times in our walk with God and we have been there to help them on the path to show them about Salvation and then God teaches them through His Word and He only gets the Glory for what He has done. And by the way, this forum is about prop. 8 and I have not heard to much about prop. 8 on this forum for it is mostly about homosexuals.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#211114 Aug 20, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Try to relax. This thread is moot remember?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#211115 Aug 20, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I made no such assertion. I simply and accurately pointed out the duplicity of the APA.
2. As noted many times before, simple common sense says who engages in a harmful behavior does not change it's consequences.
3. I made no such assertion. That is why you lied about quoting me.
The one showing their cards is you.
Isn't it funny how everyone seems to misunderstand what you say? Maybe you actually say the things we say, but then you like to backpedal. Yeah... That's it...

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#211116 Aug 20, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth doesn't change. It will always resurrect when denied. History tells us that happens quickly regarding marriage.
Really? What exactly does history tell us will happen? Please provide specific proof of what has happened to past societies that allowed same-sex marriage.
suzanne henderson

Placerville, CA

#211117 Aug 20, 2013
To whom it may concern whoever you are,

Someone has made the comment about Christians or Fundamentalists and making a joke about it. For your information, there is no such thing of being a Christian or a Fundamentalist or a Conservative as far as being a Christian. Either you are a Christian or you are not a Christian, for there is no in-between either. The word Christian means that you are a follower of Christ and you Obey His Commandments and follow him daily. You just cannot live the way you may want to live. The laws are written in your hearts to do what God would have you do and it also says "Shall we sin that Grace may abound? God Forbid!! We as Christians cannot sin as sin is defined in Scripture or if your heart is telling you that you must not do something that will go against our Creator. There are more things that people do today that were not availabe at the time that the Scripture was written, such as watching movies that have very bad content in them, so that is when we rely on the Holy Spirit to guide us. For God through His Son Jesus (Yeshua) wants Christians to live a Holy Life, for the Temple of God lives within us.

Sacramento, CA

#211118 Aug 20, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
I am addressing the topic of homosexuality and referring Scripture because most of the forum so far, may not know where certain Scriptures are
The topic here is NOT HOMOSEXUALITY, it's same-sex marriage. If you are this confused as to the topic, imagine how confused you are interpreting the bible. Also, if you noticed, there has been thousands of posts here, have you caught up on them? Do you think that you're the first person to bring up scriptures?

Location hidden

#211119 Aug 20, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it funny how everyone seems to misunderstand what you say? Maybe you actually say the things we say, but then you like to backpedal. Yeah... That's it...
You didn't misunderstand, you lied.

You don't speak for 'everyone'. That's a lie too.
suzanne henderson

Placerville, CA

#211120 Aug 20, 2013
To whom is saying that we are writing fake posts, then would you please prove what you are saying. We personally do not call people names, we not not sware or use profanity,we do not try to belittle someone either, and we are not the Holier than Thou either (for we are saved by Grace only), for we are only introducing Scripture to those out there that have not taken the time to Study God's Word and the subject on this forum is Prop. 8 being overturned and also people discussing their feelings about homosexuality and so we are addressing that subject. Whoever you are that wrote that post and you know who you are and so do we, please be more considerate of others when you are writing your notes. Is this the way you talk and treat your family?

Sacramento, CA

#211121 Aug 20, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
I am quoting and this verse has to do with why we should look at Scripture as a Christian because it says "All Scripture is given by the inspiration of God" and then I continue with the rest of the verse. Just because you have no interest in God or anything about what he has says or created does not give you a right to tell me or others what they can say or do, so you move on. I have dusted my feet off on those who are not interested. As I have said before, we will continue on because my husband and I know that there is someone out there that is crying, guilty and needs someone to talk to, despressed and might be thinking of committing suicide and for whoever they are, my husband and I will have a listening ear, for this has happened to us many times in our walk with God and we have been there to help them on the path to show them about Salvation and then God teaches them through His Word and He only gets the Glory for what He has done. And by the way, this forum is about prop. 8 and I have not heard to much about prop. 8 on this forum for it is mostly about homosexuals.
I really doubt your time is best served saving a poster here from killing themselves. There seems to be no one here interested in your Westboro type of preaching. As a Christian, I get depressed and sad reading your hatred for others and your judgements and bragging about supporting a hate group.

Location hidden

#211125 Aug 20, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? What exactly does history tell us will happen? Please provide specific proof of what has happened to past societies that allowed same-sex marriage.
That's simple. Can you name one culture that has SS couples equated with marriage from start to finish? Just one. In ALL of human history.

Marriage is present in everyone from start to finish..
Big D

Modesto, CA

#211127 Aug 20, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth doesn’t change?
So you support slavery
You support the repression of women as second class citizens
You are a racist bigot?
You support burning protestants at the stake
All of those where truths
Truth doesn’t change... are you volunteering to be burned first?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Oscars 2017 live updates: 'Moonlight' wins best... 32 min JustAnObserver 1
News Jodie Foster joins rally against Trump travel ban 1 hr Truth hurts 5
Oscars blows up with john pedestal pizza 1 hr USA-1 2
dGo mnDaed lHoy riiSpt 1 hr USA-1 2
News Beyond Oscars' glare, a glimpse of women on the... 1 hr USA-1 4
Review: Radisson Hotel LAX Airport 1 hr Radisson LAX Airport 12
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) 2 hr Brown and proud 4,516

South Pasadena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Pasadena Mortgages