Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201878 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#210663 Aug 18, 2013
Great news wrote:
You're all retarded.
Are you kidding? We're all legendary! They are going to make a documentary about us! Calling it "The Stars Of Topix"
We're all going to be household names!
The subtitle of the documentary is going to be "Gay Lies, And The Rational Ones Who Wouldn't Let Them Take Over"...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#210664 Aug 18, 2013
Tellit wrote:
The wearing of various colored bandanas around the neck was common in the mid- and late-nineteenth century among cowboys, steam railroad engineers, and miners in the Western United States. It is thought that the wearing of bandanas by gay men originated in San Francisco after the Gold Rush, when, because of a shortage of women, men dancing with each other in square dances developed a code wherein the man wearing the blue bandana took the male part in the square dance, and the man wearing the red bandana took the female part (these bandanas were usually worn around the arm or hanging from the belt or in the back pocket of one's jeans). It is thought that the modern hanky code started in New York City in late 1970 or early 1971 when a journalist for the Village Voice joked that instead of simply wearing keys to indicate whether someone was a "top" or a "bottom", it would be more efficient to subtly announce their particular sexual focus by wearing different colored hankies.
That's the one.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#210666 Aug 18, 2013
kookaa wrote:
<quoted text>
I will be putting you on my "ignore list" as of today, for your ridiculous troll behavior. I don't need your permission to post, so I certainly will continue to post as long as I feel like posting. Your opinion is irrelevant.
You won't ignore her. Next time you reply to her, I'll be there to remind you.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#210667 Aug 18, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Suzanne...
Don't get me wrong. I think Paul was a righteous MAN. But he was a Man. He got his direction from Christ, who he never met, just like ALL OF US get our direction from Christ.
Paul's vision is no more significant than anyone else's vision. I do not believe in putting him on a pedestal above other men.
You know, I've always wondered what Paul would think if he knew that his letters would one day make their way into the canon of the New Testament.
I don't think that he wrote his letters with the understanding that they would be relied upon so heavily.
While I have never seen a "Red Letter Bible", I would like to some day. I am more interested in what Christ was reported to have said and done than in what His apostles taught.
I stand by my belief that Paul was just a little too focused on rules and laws. And I still firmly believe that his reliance on living ones life by rules and regulations--instead of living it by following Christ's examples--is misguided. He had been brought up in a community that was so focused on laws and interpretation of laws that he was never able to stop doing so--even after his conversion to Christianity.
That doesn't make him a bad man. It just makes him a misguided man.
The only two laws that we need to follow is to Love God and Love our Neighbors as We Love Ourselves. These are the most important laws. And on these laws hang all other laws. These are Christ's words to us.
Christ's laws cover all of the Ten Commandments. If you follow Christ's direction you cannot go wrong.
If you remain in prayerful contact with God and the Holy Spirit you cannot go wrong. If your heart drives you to love others and try to help (without judgment) then you cannot go wrong.
Stop trying to find God in scripture. Those are just words written about Him. You may find some guidance there, but you can only appreciate and find God through prayer and a personal relationship with Him.
I realize that this is not what we were taught to do as children. We were told to go to the Bible. But as adults we must seek out the truth.
You've already posted about 1000 words this morning. None about the topic. Soon you'll say I post too much and that I am off topic. Priceless!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#210668 Aug 18, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
So then we have no argument... If a married couple does not engage in mating behavior and mating behavior is not a requirement for marriage, then a couple can marry without any concerns re: the constraints for mating behavior.
I'm glad you've finally come to your senses.
Now if we can just get you to stop being so focused on what homosexual barrenness, then you can move on to the next step of excising your overly involved self from the private lives of gay people.
I have a feeling this will be quite difficult for you, since you seem so fascinated with gay male sex and BUTTING into people's private lives.
That's it! Call him gay. Just like you. Great strategy.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#210671 Aug 18, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
He is know for changing posts.
"He is know" what a third class dope!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#210672 Aug 18, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
I could've glorified you, with a reply.....But then, I asked myself "why bother?".....
That was one of Old SwiftButt Bill's ($3 Bill) socks. It's easy to tell. His posts are moronic.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#210673 Aug 18, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't let him fool you he has come out. It was recent so it may take a while for him to adjust. Is there a support group for that? Maybe you can invite him to your next party so he can meet others and adjust.
Is that how you did it Bluto?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#210674 Aug 18, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
I googled "hankie", after Frank asked if that one poster needed a hankie. I was gonna post a link for one, and saw that, on Wiki....
:-D
I didn't know about, until then. It was funny..I had no idea..
Ahh, the things we can learn about, while mocking each other, no?
Yes. Like don't catch a cold and have a hankie in your pocket. Who knows what these clowns will think it means.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#210675 Aug 18, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you're trying use Argument #1 again?
http://www.cracked.com/funny-3809-internet-ar...
Great link.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#210676 Aug 18, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooohh, I bet you'd just like to beat her up, wouldn't you?
Kookaa would beat some tolerance and diversity into her if he could.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#210677 Aug 18, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Sit down, and STFU, before I come over there and smack the fruit out of you...
Can that be done? Smack the fruit out of a fruitloop? Then he'd just be a loop.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#210681 Aug 18, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Can that be done? Smack the fruit out of a fruitloop? Then he'd just be a loop.
I'd give it my best....
suzanne henderson

Shingle Springs, CA

#210682 Aug 18, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You wrote: "I have to determined who is Christian and who isn't and the only way I know that if the person who I am talking to is not obeying God's Commandments."
Why do you need to know who is a Christian or not? Only GOD can do that, are you God? or just playing like it?
I will answer your question. First of all if you do study the Scriptures, you will find that the Bible is like a puzzle and you have to put it together. It says in First Corinthians Chapter 2 Verses 14-16 an I quote: "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ." Unless you have the Spirit of Christ living in you and I do know because I am guided daily with knowing if I am doing right or wrong and if I choose to not please God, he does let me know.

Also, why I have to determine who is Christian when I have friends is because I do make friends easily and I always know if they are Christians because the Christians I run around with are so excited about what Christ is doing in their lives and they always use their Faith in everything that they do and they bear fruits of the spirit which is found in Galatians Chapter 5 because it deals with the "fruits of the spiri" and the "lusts of he flesh." Now I would like to focus on First Corinthians Chapter 5 and read the whole chapter to try and understand what we should do about Christians within gatherings if they are not obeying God's Word, but especially verses 9-13 and I quote: "I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: Yet not altogether with fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world, but now I have written unto you not to keep company if any man is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extorioner, with such an one no not to eat. For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? but them that are without God judgeth. Therefore, put away from among yourselves tht wicked person". These verses we believe is talking to the Christian who sees that one in the gathering is doing these sins and there are many more, but if the man is not a brother in Christ, then we can witness to them and try to help them, but if they say they are a brother in Christ and committing sins, you must remove yourself from them and even eat with them.

I could go on and on about this subject, but I think if you study these verses and you are a Christian that follows Christ daily, you will get the picture that God has warned us to do.
John Lawncummm

Oakland, CA

#210684 Aug 18, 2013
Meet me at that famous gay bar, Paul and Harvey's in Sunnyvale, for a gay old time.
Gustavo

North Hollywood, CA

#210685 Aug 18, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
"He is know" what a third class dope!
Are you really that stupid Frankie? you can't figure it out? what an ass wipe
Metorites

Covina, CA

#210687 Aug 18, 2013
You must have been born on a highway because that's where most accidents happen.
suzanne henderson

Shingle Springs, CA

#210688 Aug 18, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You've already posted about 1000 words this morning. None about the topic. Soon you'll say I post too much and that I am off topic. Priceless!
We are sorry, but we disagree with you on this subject of Apostle Paul. Jesus would not have chosen Apostle Paul if he thought they he would betray Jesus and not do exactly what he wanted him to do. There is so much wisdom in Apostle Pauls writings and we believe whatever Jesus said that Apostle Paul continued with Jesus through the Spirit after Christ death. For instance, when Apostle Paul started his gatherings which some call the Church (called out believers), he probably had no idea that the Church was going to try and split up like they have done today. In First Corinthians chapter 3 verses 3-6 and I quote: "For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men? for while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal? who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? I have planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase." Otherwords, Paul had problems with his gatherings in different towns like Corinth, so the revelation of Christ had to show him how to handle these problems. Look at Galatians chapter 1 verses ll-12 and I quote: "But I certify you, brethern, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ." So, Christ was with him always and when he wrote his epistles, it was the revelation of Christ.
WebKits

Covina, CA

#210689 Aug 18, 2013
Roses are red, violets are blue, I have 5 fingers, the 3rd ones for you.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#210691 Aug 18, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So you admit slandering me.
Why are you upset I point out clear distinctions between marriage and ss couples?
If I have slandered you then you should have no trouble getting an attorney and pursuing an action against me. You know my name and the city in which I live.

I am not upset. You are deflecting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Don't trust SOS Rosie group 45 min Truth Will Come Out 3
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr Yidfellas 20,923
1000s of Vigilantees on way to destroy Los Ange... 4 hr Gabriel 10
News Jodie Foster joins rally against Trump travel ban 4 hr okimar 7
News Book aims to prove existence of God (Nov '09) 6 hr Regolith Based Li... 99
News Scam hits Calvary Chapel Chino Hills hard (Jan '10) 8 hr Mom2 326
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) 18 hr Rene Rio 4,529

South Pasadena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Pasadena Mortgages