Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201871 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#200009 Jul 3, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I say I believed in hell? What post did I declare that?
Never mind, we all know it's just another of those things you completely make up out of thin air so that you try and antagonize and argue about nonsense.
Carry on idiot.
You got mad and told another poster to "enjoy hell" that's the post where you implied you believe in hell. Ask for the post number, maybe I'll look it up if you so insist.

Hope that helped!

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#200010 Jul 3, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 12, 2010
Gay Marriage
Same-sex relationships are not the same as a heterosexual marriage.
I don't think there has ever been a person who is not sexually broken in some way.
That brokenness may be a genetic deformity (born that way), the result of twisted modeling from within the family or outside, abuse/molestation, improper initial sexual experiences or choice (sex outside of marriage in any form).
However, nature, culture, history and religion all point very consistently to a norm. If not, this debate would have been over long ago.
Casting stones does no one any good, nor does trying to make the abnormal normal.
I would suggest our greatest challenge is not each other, but honestly facing and dealing with our own brokenness.
Scientist are not sure why two genders evolved, but it makes sense that one gender focused on protection and provision, while the other on reproduction and nurture.
It is interesting that the Bible indicates just that; Adam was created, and out of that single gender Eve was created. Both had unique purposes that brought 'completion' or 'oneness' when re-united in marriage.
It is not only the perfect setting for reproduction and the nurture of young. It is also a relationship where both genders find 'balance' in a number of ways through an exclusive, life-long commitment in marriage.
One obvious example is the physical expression of oneness in sexual union between a man and a woman. Male and female were made for each other sexually. Homosexual union does not naturally fit.
Same-sex relationships can certainly have genuine love and many other qualities. But it is impossible to match the diversity and balance of heterosexual marriage.
Same-sex relationships have every right to be defined in specific ways. They should also have the necessary protections and justice. However, to provide that within the scope of the marriage relationship is not right or logical.
I have no desire to make you defensive or offend you. I hope we can debate these issues in a polite and fair way. I know I have much more to learn, but this is what I have come to so far.
You are right that marriages in the western world have taken a downward turn in the last few decades. I have some thoughts about that for later.
In the historical context I was speaking of, marriages have been between a man and a woman across cultures, religions and human history.
You are right that homosexuality has always been around and is present in the animal kingdom. But in neither places to a great degree. Among animals there is often a extenuating circumstance.
Among humans it has been and is more often rejected as 'abnormal' or worse. If you re-consider what I listed as possible causes of homosexuality, only one or maybe two would be a choice.
There is certainly a broad genetic variation between masculinity and femininity expressed in genders. However, there is a point where a unusual genetic variation becomes abnormal. I do not say that in a moral sense at all.
The influences of society and family, abuse or molestation also must have a factor in our sexuality. Those are also amoral factors on the part of the recipient.
Our initial sexual experience may be a choice, and therefore possibly unwise. Some people experiment sexually later in life as the Apostle Paul spoke about in Romans. Those are choices.
As I stated earlier, I think we are all sexually broken. God does not excuse us because of that. We are held accountable for how we handle our brokenness.
My experience has been to tightly hold on to two truths. First,'those who do such things will not inherit the Kingdom of God'. And second,'if we confess our sin He is faithful and just to forgive us'.
Posted by Gregory Kirschmann at 7:11 AM No comments:
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2010
MERCY MIGHTY
Wow, that was a lot of religiously generated irrelevant claptrap. Thanks Petey, I needed a nap.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#200011 Jul 3, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Whats wrong with two guys Frank?
Your Homophobia is showing
Nothing. As long as I'm not one of them! Have fun Jizzy, just don't hurt your poor long suffering wife.

P.S. What does she do while you cruise the gay forums?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#200012 Jul 3, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Damn, it took you a long time to figure KMut. If one more state allows same sex marriage, he will hold his breath till he passes out. I can hardly wait.
http://www.google.com/imgres...
You have a long wait. Nowhere is there any evidence that Kimare will hold his breath until he passes out. I got money that says so. Put up or shuddup.

Location hidden

#200013 Jul 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are clearly a confused idiot.
Married couples have to PROTECT themselves to prevent procreation!
SS couples NEVER need protection for procreation. They just need protection to have sex.
Only a gay would be confused about this...
The only confusion is yours. Your confused in the belief that how, or if, children are produced has vested importance to the state. It doesn't.

You reek of desperation.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#200014 Jul 3, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, Ms. Sowing Discord. Exactly.
Smirk. Smile dear, your trolling is being watched by your Sky Santa!!
It is? Are you sure?

Please give evidence of this, your most recent idiotic assertion.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#200015 Jul 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Both Muslims and gays play the victim, live in denial and manipulate with deceit.
What is ironic is the coming face to face confrontation. Bombs against glitter.
Beheadings vs "I'm gonna pinth you SO hard!"
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#200016 Jul 3, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, that was a lot of religiously generated irrelevant claptrap. Thanks Petey, I needed a nap.
It didn't help. Take another one but much longer. The come back nice and refreshed and full of anger!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#200017 Jul 3, 2013
nine voters wrote:
The votes are in and it's all over folks.
Nope. There are still good people being denied marriage.

Location hidden

#200018 Jul 3, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You got mad and told another poster to "enjoy hell" that's the post where you implied you believe in hell. Ask for the post number, maybe I'll look it up if you so insist.
Hope that helped!
I see. By mentioning a place that someone else believes in, I am automatically in your mind, conveying a belief system of my own!! LOL!!! You are so stupid!!

Zeus, Pergatory, Frankie Rizzo's intelligence, Isis, procreation requirements, Limbo, Neptune.

So merely by typing these things, I now, in your mind, magically have conveyed a belief system in them?!! LOL!!!!

Seriously, you get stupider by the hour.

Location hidden

#200019 Jul 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are clearly a confused idiot.
Proverbs 6:16-19

Why such a hypocrite KiMare? If your cause is so just, why do you have to resort to sowing discord?

Smile dear.

Location hidden

#200020 Jul 3, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is? Are you sure?
Please give evidence of this, your most recent idiotic assertion.
Psalm 33:13

Anything else I can help you with Tizzy?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#200021 Jul 3, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Psalm 33:13
Anything else I can help you with Tizzy?
Psalm 33:13 is evidence that his trolling is being watched by Sky Santa?

You're way out there son.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#200022 Jul 3, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Proverbs 6:16-19
Why such a hypocrite KiMare? If your cause is so just, why do you have to resort to sowing discord?
Smile dear.
I ask you the same question.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#200023 Jul 3, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!! What a f*cktard you are!!!
Is it also interesting the Christianity is on the decline while democracy is on the rise?! LOL!!!
cultural Christianity is, Christianity is not declining, but it is being clarified. You need to educate yourself on polls and how questions are worded. Christianity is growing worldwide, in America it's intolerance for people of faith that is growing, bigots like you. But such persecution should not be uncommon or a surprise to a Christian. Thanks proving the prediction from the Bible correct.
Zoro

Rock Island, IL

#200024 Jul 3, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a long wait. Nowhere is there any evidence that Kimare will hold his breath until he passes out. I got money that says so. Put up or shuddup.
Really, he is stuck in a repedative post, same crap with no substance. Hey are you his twinn?
Zoro

Rock Island, IL

#200025 Jul 3, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text> cultural Christianity is, Christianity is not declining, but it is being clarified. You need to educate yourself on polls and how questions are worded. Christianity is growing worldwide, in America it's intolerance for people of faith that is growing, bigots like you. But such persecution should not be uncommon or a surprise to a Christian. Thanks proving the prediction from the Bible correct.
Really? not declining??
http://www.google.com/url...

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#200026 Jul 3, 2013
Zoro wrote:
Sorry, I didn't know you represent Britain, of course we know what religion is growing there, Islam, by immigration. I thought the comment by Jonah1 was regarding this country.
Zoro

Rock Island, IL

#200027 Jul 3, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, I didn't know you represent Britain, of course we know what religion is growing there, Islam, by immigration. I thought the comment by Jonah1 was regarding this country.
OK how are these?
Zoro

Rock Island, IL

#200028 Jul 3, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 17 min Raydot 21,290
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 39 min Chosen Traveler 34,456
No on Measure S 2 hr 4th District Voter 28
City of Montebello Covertly Using Taxpayer Doll... 2 hr ZORRO 2009 19
Montebello Voters Face Decision on Sales Tax Hi... 2 hr Mr Montebello 14
Another Department Head Resigns 2 hr ask eachother 8
Montebello Fire Hazard 13 hr truth squad 4

South Pasadena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Pasadena Mortgages