Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
164,201 - 164,220 of 200,357 Comments Last updated 12 hrs ago

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
They eat and roll in shit too. Oh wait, you are saying gays do that too.
Smirk.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Heterosexuals eat and roll in shit when they hit the back-door. I love how you always think that gays have the market cornered on certain types of sex.
That your mind is races to anal sex says SO MUCH about you.
Honey, calm down, you'll break your wrist!

I'm simply pointing out the full implications of her assertion.

Nor did I bring up anal sex. I was talking about what dogs do.

You brought it up, which brings us back to the simple truth; anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.

Shit, now I have a sphincter muscle charlie horse...

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Ouch! Point, and counter point.
Did you notice no one 'judged' our posts?

It was there, even a near senile old man could see it...

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

A Most Interesting Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said,Who? Or how about a good Yuk,yuk,yuk? You are a frigging whack job! Yuk,yuk,yuk,yuk,yuk!
Heís just a lonely hater looking for attention. Donít expect and logic or intelligence from his posts.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me where any attorney who fought against Prop. 8 or DOMA is arguing in favor of incestuous or plural marriage.
So?

Why would they complicate their dumbing down of marriage by exposing the logical end?

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Moses was married to a Hebrew... Are you saying that Moses was a lily white Caucasian? I'll bet you have a blonde haired, blue eyed painting of Jesus somewhere in your house.
No.

Numbers 12:1 (GW)
Miriam and Aaron began to criticize Moses because he was married to a woman from Sudan.

When did I say Moses was white? I was talking about his wife.

You are such an idiot.

Smile.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Moses a white guy. Looked like Charlton Heston.
Jesus was a good looking white guy with long hair and a beard looked kind of like Brad Pitt.
ROFLMAO

It always struck me funny that if Jesus were here today you know what these people would be saying to him?

SPEAK ENGLISH!!!

lol

And they would be shocked that he wasnít very Caucasian, and likely did not have blue eyes

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
They eat and roll in shit too. Oh wait, you are saying gays do that too.
Smirk.
<quoted text>
Honey, calm down, you'll break your wrist!
I'm simply pointing out the full implications of her assertion.
Nor did I bring up anal sex. I was talking about what dogs do.
You brought it up, which brings us back to the simple truth; anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.
Shit, now I have a sphincter muscle charlie horse...
Smile.
In other words your lip is quivering? Cause your always talking out of you a-- as we all know. Now that deserves a giggle and a smirk.
Oh, and by the way, what about women who pop out babies and then have to wear a strap on donut to keep their vagina from dragging on the floor. Whatís healthy about that?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Says who?
What does that have to do with Moses being married to a black woman destroying another one of VV's lies?
Smile.
"Says who?" regarding what? That he doesn't know of the Lemba? That the Lemba have been shown to have the cohenim genotype?

(Also, "lies" are an intentional attempt to deceive. Inaccuracy, ignorance or wrong-headedness aren't the same as lying. Otherwise I'd have been calling you a liar long since, dearheart.)

Do YOU know about the Lemba?

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
It always struck me funny that if Jesus were here today you know what these people would be saying to him?
SPEAK ENGLISH!!!
lol
And they would be shocked that he wasnít very Caucasian, and likely did not have blue eyes
I know. Itís laughable that these rejects donít realize that the one they love so much looked like and spoke like any middle-eastern man they so thoroughly despise. It soothes their feeble minds to think the bible figures are of caucasian decent. As if?

“ WOOF !”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

There was a ban ?!

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Miriam and Aaron began to criticize Moses because he was married to a woman from Sudan.
You are such an idiot.
Smile.
You poor simple minded fool, that fable is based in the middle-east and they are all brown skinned in the middle-east. Get a clue, youíre delusional on so many levels.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Okaaaaaaay...so what? There's also bisexuality, pansexuality, etc.
<quoted text>
"Entitled"? No one need gov't sanction to "find a partner for life".
<quoted text>
Marriage acknowledges the union of husband and wife, which the state recognizes and privelges.
<quoted text>
Social progress doesn't change the facts of life, and biology, nor the state's interest in marriage as a union of husband and wife. We don't put urinals in the women's locker room in the name of "social progress". Some things just don't proh gross.
Did I say anything about excluding bisexuality or panseuality? Nope!

Of course no one needs government sanction to find a partner. There's just that recognition that one wants to spend the rest of their life and not worry about interventions of relatives on matters like end of life decisions and contact. I dunno why it is necessary to go over this stuff repeatedly. Gaining access to marriage on a national level precludes the need to get all states on the same page over the matter, thus reducing the complexity of all the other contracts that get suggested from time to time. Now if you want to take AKpilot's stance and say the fed ought to stay out of all marriages, then that is a horse of a different color and the only valid argument against taking this to a national level rather than keeping it in individual states. But that means us heterosexuals have to give up the enumerated federally granted benefits that come with legal marriage contracts.

Marriage recognises my union with my wife and I see no reason it shouldn't recognise the union of my nephew and his partner of several years. BTW, they hold a valid Maryland marriage license. Sooo, they're married and those of us who know them recognise this fact as does the state of Maryland.

Social progress doesn't have any bearing on facts of life or biology, but it does get involved in the state's interest in marriage. Whether you agree or not, this is a matter of fact in a growing number of states. Social progress separates us from the rest of the species that inhabit this planet. Or do you think it would be okay if someone bigger and badder than you entered your home and threw you out, killed your children, and took your wife for his own?

Most women can't stand up to pee, so your urinal argument is a bit of a red herring. Gay men do find themselves attracted to other gay men in the same fashion that I am attracted to women. It is sexual in nature but not wholly sexual. There is a huge emotional component. Otherwise why not just use prostitutes if all you're main goal is getting laid?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>there aren't enough facts and evidence in the world to change someones feelings on ssm! Yes, you search actualll research to prove a point, but when it comes to speaking your heart if you have to search the internet to find that voice than it is obviously not a discussion the person is passionate about! I don't have a problem with gays, or ssm for that fact.lol. I was just trying to join in on the discussion, there are more people here who support it so I thought I would go against it!lol.
How many homosexuals do you know on a basis that is more involved than merely passing on the street or working together? By this I mean on an intimate level where you actually get to know them on a personal level in order to get a good feel of what they're like on numerous points, not just sexual orientation.

Since: Apr 13

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
You are such an idiot.
Smile.
Hey KriMore... stfu

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Only three so called "Democrats" left opposing marriage equality. The time is almost up bigots.

In 2011, only 15 US senators supported gay marriage, now it's 54 senators.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me where any attorney who fought against Prop. 8 or DOMA is arguing in favor of incestuous or plural marriage.
What.....and undermine their argument that SSM is the "line in the sand"? Plus I don't they garner support for SSM if they did that. But Prop8 in effect banned any possibility of plural marriage being legalized.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
SPEAK ENGLISH!!!
lol
Jesus was Italian. Think about it.

He was of olive complexion.
He was from the Mediterranean area.
Didn't leave home until he as thirty.
Spoke with his hands.
Hung around with the same group of guys for years.
Was in the trades
Knew how to make wine.

And the clincher.....he thought his mother was a saint, and she thought he was God!

I'll be here all week, please b kind to your waitress.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Heís just a lonely hater looking for attention. Donít expect and logic or intelligence from his posts.
Aw, Bill ain't so bad. He's just a big dope.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words your lip is quivering? Cause your always talking out of you a-- as we all know. Now that deserves a giggle and a smirk.
Oh, and by the way, what about women who pop out babies and then have to wear a strap on donut to keep their vagina from dragging on the floor. Whatís healthy about that?
Sure, Rose_NoHo wears one of those donut puddy-strap things but she can't help that. She's old and worn out. But that's not why she's mean, dumb and nasty.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was Italian. Think about it.
He was of olive complexion.
He was from the Mediterranean area.
Didn't leave home until he as thirty.
Spoke with his hands.
Hung around with the same group of guys for years.
Was in the trades
Knew how to make wine.
And the clincher.....he thought his mother was a saint, and she thought he was God!
I'll be here all week, please b kind to your waitress.
LOL!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent South Pasadena Discussions

Search the South Pasadena Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Council rejects Kare offer (Sep '08) 29 min kare sux 239
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 50 min PEE PEE PETE 26,728
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr truth told 18,589
7-25-14 Long Beach "They assaulted him, breakin... 11 hr sir pickle 2
Review: Financial Plus Investment (Jul '08) 12 hr Se buscan patrocinadores 2,354
a The Threepenny Operaa a fitting beggara s ope... 12 hr James 1
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 12 hr Fly right 4,893
•••
•••

South Pasadena News Video

•••
•••

South Pasadena Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

South Pasadena People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE