Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,179

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#181633 Feb 27, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ad hominem dopiness.
Ad hominem ,Hello Frankie
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181634 Feb 27, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
OK let me put it in very simple terms for you.
You are trying to say that one leads to another which leads to another etc
Work to get poly legal in one state, a state that already recognizes same sex marriages ( else your argument won’t work ) and then we can discuss if one led to the other.
If Utah recognizes poly, that won’t work, because Utah does not ( and will not soon ) recognize same sex marriages.
The Brown case is in a state ( I think ) which does not recognize same sex marriages so that certainly would not apply as one leading to the other.
The only way you can even start to make the case that one leads to the other is to get Poly recognized in a state that does recognize same sex marriages ( and preferably not in any state that does not ) and then you can just barely start to make the case that one leads to the other.
after that you can work on your sister, and then perhaps your goat if you really want to carry it that far.:)
But before you can make any argument that one leads to another, you need to get one state to recognize it, a state that currently recognizes same sex marriage.
So far… you got zip
Go get google glass and we will watch, it will be fun!
I am saying legalizing same sex marriage will make it much easier to legalize polygamy.

And it will, it's logical, grasshopper. Glad it makes you so silly mad. It makes me happy. I like same sex marriage being allowed I also like poly marriage being allowed.

Marriage is good for society ALL marriages. Not just Big D approved marriages. You have no say in anyone's equal rights. You don't matter. Just grin and bear it. Won't hurt you at all.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#181635 Feb 27, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why aren't the Browns asking for it?
One step at a time.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181636 Feb 27, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
One step at a time.
And Neil Andblowme or whatever his current sock is cringes with each step!

Good! He has found some people find social change very painful.

No pain for Neil Andblowme, no gain for equality.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#181637 Feb 27, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
You disagree with that statement?
What statement? The one where I called you an idiot?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181638 Feb 27, 2013
Funny how when Jizzybirdy shows up, the judge-it rigging goes into high gear!

You gotta try and make it credible Jizzy you big stupid galoot!

Too funny. What a dope.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181639 Feb 27, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text> So what? Are you attempting to use an appeal to popularity to prove your point?
That's one of your sidekick Jizzybirdy's best arguments against polygamy. It's not popular enough.

Location hidden

#181640 Feb 27, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't make up the rules in Logic. It's Logic 101.
The slippery slope argument is what it is.
The Slippery Slope is a fallacy in which a person asserts that some event must inevitably follow from another without any argument for the inevitability of the event in question. In most cases, there are a series of steps or gradations between one event and the one in question and no reason is given as to why the intervening steps or gradations will simply be bypassed.
let's try this ploy:
In most cases, there are a series of steps or gradations between one event and the one in question and no reason is given as to why the intervening steps or gradations will simply be bypassed.
In most cases, there are a series of steps or gradations between one event and the one in question and no reason is given as to why the intervening steps or gradations will simply be bypassed.
Making the connection between same-sex marriage legalization leading to poly and incestuous marriages does not meet the definition of a slippery slope argument as the connection is already being made. Both in the US and in other countries.

Perhaps you should read that definition a little slower next time.

Location hidden

#181641 Feb 27, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>How does smae sex marriage change any laws?
Did you really ask this question?

Tax Laws/ Social Security Laws/ Business Law/Medical Laws and Regulations/Insurance Laws and Regulations......
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181642 Feb 27, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Tax Laws/ Social Security Laws/ Business Law/Medical Laws and Regulations/Insurance Laws and Regulations......
Jizzybird's stupidity often baffles me too.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181643 Feb 27, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Making the connection between same-sex marriage legalization leading to poly and incestuous marriages does not meet the definition of a slippery slope argument as the connection is already being made. Both in the US and in other countries.
Perhaps you should read that definition a little slower next time.
Xavier Breath or whatever his current sock is gets very angry and irrational.

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#181644 Feb 27, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Why its still two people.

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#181645 Feb 27, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Xavier Breath or whatever his current sock is gets very angry and irrational.
Damn you are stuck on stupid
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181646 Feb 27, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text> No it isn't. Bigamy laws were on the books well before DOMA.
We know that Miss thing. But a law that says marriage is only one man one woman effectively bans polygamy too.

It's demise is one more step in the right direction towards true equality. Sorry to horn in on your equal protection, I know, so gauche.

But rights are not limited no need to be greedy! We won't take much anyway, just the same as what you got. That's fair right? Xavier?...right?...Xavier?...

We're here! Were Poly! And we're in Mona Lott's face!(and it makes him silly-mad and stupid!)

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#181648 Feb 27, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? What law is that?
Equal rights for friendships to be called marriage with no legitimate reason to limit the number.

Smile.

Location hidden

#181649 Feb 27, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You said "anytime, anywhere"
wrong... the time is now, the place is here in the US
I'm referring to the time period of a culture as a whole. You attempt to equate the brief decade of gay 'marriage' pursuit with the consistent practice of polygamy throughout the history of America... while ignoring the prevalence and acceptance of polygamy past and present.

Smile.

Location hidden

#181650 Feb 27, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text> So what? Are you attempting to use an appeal to popularity to prove your point?
Apparently you are not aware of what the point was.
Smirk.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181651 Feb 27, 2013
Lilith_Kill_Christains wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Spanky Rizzo... STFU
Great argument. Are you a student of Jizzybirdy?

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#181653 Feb 27, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhhhhh......but now that SSM is legal, the polygamists are coning out of the closet. The Brown family has cited SSM in their lawsuit(s), pushing for decriminalization of their marriage/life style.
So, why not go to a forum about polygamy and talk about it? Oh, yeah, you don't give a damn about polygamy, you just want to spam this forum.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#181654 Feb 27, 2013
Frankie Rizzo is a troll who is really against gay marriage. He just likes to spam the forum with posts about polygamy. Bet he's never made a single post about polygamy in a forum on the subject. I've told him polygamy is a red herring in this forum, but he thinks I'm talking about a fish. He's not the sharpest tool in the ol' shed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gary Robbins Threatens SCWXA Meteorologist Kevi... (Aug '09) 6 hr OneForAll 65
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 9 hr Bruin For Life 28,405
Humboldt's homeless examine options for winter ... (Feb '09) 10 hr ariel thompson 122
Review: Financial Plus Investment (Jul '08) 17 hr El Modelos Maxim 2,435
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 22 hr Bently 19,559
Manhattan Beach to vote on FAA airspace plan (Oct '10) Sat Voter 23
Faking it the green way: Artificial grass looks... (May '09) Dec 17 Fyi 18

South Pasadena News Video

South Pasadena Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

South Pasadena People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

South Pasadena News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in South Pasadena

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]