Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,186

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#174542 Jan 12, 2013
sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
With that philosophy we'd still be in the dark ages.
But, the Renaissance showed vast need for change, so that will not work here..
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#174543 Jan 12, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry that you are relatively new here, allowances must be made for that, I expect. I am a witch, stated that some time ago, but i do not refute the presence of God, my religion accepts all others, the only one that does, I think. However, I shall answer your questions.
1) I have no problem that people want to be gay, that is their choice.
2) I do not reject monogamy, merely including polygamy as a valid choice, when discussing the possibility of striking down Prop 8.
3) My pride is alive, and well, thank you.
4) My branches are British, so if you do a little homework, you might surmise that I embrace my branches, and trees on the whole.
5) You may fight for God, I have no problem with that.
6) As per calling me lazy, I must laugh, as I work between 12 and 16 hours a day, I drive trucks, and am often at work, both on the road and as a local driver. Never suffered from laziness, but thank you for asking.
1) You love evil!
2) Do you accept polygamy?
3) You've got no pride here!
4) You don't know shit about Britain, nice bluff!
5) But you fight against God himself!
6) You work hard driving both trucks and a mechanic? What a laugh!
Norties

Monrovia, CA

#174544 Jan 12, 2013
The North-Side gang has been running things far too long as I'm told in Glendoera, California.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#174545 Jan 12, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
not allowed to call it a marriage?
these states and countries would tell you otherwise, bub :
Connecticut, Washington DC, Iowa, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, New Hamshire, New York, Vermont, Washington. Argentina, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Iceland, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden.
and since when do you get to define marriage for anyone else other than yourself? if that's the case, then who defined your marriage for you? and why did you let them?
Those aforementioned states are part of a current trend that is disturbing. I don't get to define marriage, I merely accepted that the world I had grown up in had common sense driving it, not like today. Today's world has gone mad. And I am against letting the minority of nutcases re-define it. It makes no sense to allow them to call themselves married, when marriage has a meaning that transcends time. If historical tradition means so little, then what good is it, at all ? What good is the title of "married", at all ? It is for legit couples to claim, not just any pretender that wishes to get some sort of financial gain from the government. If they wish to call themselves married, tough luck. Next thing that results from this will be calling apples oranges, and all sorts of mayhem will result from using the wrong words. Misidentification will make for much confusion.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#174546 Jan 12, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, so you are also a racist
Fitting for a person of ignorance that is all prejudice is you know, you cannot be prejudice without being ignorant
Not all blacks are evil of course, but many are dirty little fools! But you probably already knew I wasn't actually assuming it that far. You picked this on purpose! Getting even more ideas? Do you have kids? Probably not, yet you claim you have grand kids!
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#174547 Jan 12, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
show us where in the court documents that polygamy was included or specifically named in any way shape or form in the law or the law suit.
"It refused to allow any marriage, except between man and woman. Thus excluding polygamy, as it did SSM. Any argument that defends SSM must also defend polygamy, for the exact same reasons, freedom of choice" That is where, through omission.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#174548 Jan 12, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
....and that's what's happening now with the law suits circulating through the system regarding DOMA and Prop 8.
so far, all the seated judges that have heard the cases have agreed - the days are numbered for both laws.
Those lawsuits are a frivolous waste of time and taxpayer money, and those judges have only one option, that is to declare that they have no jurisdiction in this matter, unless the Constitution is, again, to be rewritten without authority.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#174551 Jan 12, 2013
<quoted text>
"It refused to allow any marriage, except between man and woman. Thus excluding polygamy, as it did SSM. Any argument that defends SSM must also defend polygamy, for the exact same reasons, freedom of choice" That is where, through omission.
But you weren't implying that at first! You were before saying you weren't bothered to defend monogamy! Not very loyal to God are you?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#174552 Jan 12, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
1) You love evil!
2) Do you accept polygamy?
3) You've got no pride here!
4) You don't know shit about Britain, nice bluff!
5) But you fight against God himself!
6) You work hard driving both trucks and a mechanic? What a laugh!
1) No evil on my side, it was the Christians that burnt my kind, remember ? My side accepts your side.
2) I do not, but cannot rule it out, when discussing the redefinition of marriage laws.
3) My pride is alive and well, as I stated.
4) I don't eh ? I have spent much time in Great Britain, both as a civilian and in the military. My mother was from Walthamstow, and i spent much time there, and I have also lived in Ramsgate, and even done a stint as a despatch rider, operating out of Hendon, working for Hendon Central Cabs, look it up, right now, you will find it, right there in Hendon. Been all over the Isle of Thanet, and if you wish to quiz me on my "English 101", I will make you eat your hat, mate.
5) I do not fight God, He and I accept each other.
6) Mechanic ? May I ask where there came from, please ?
7) My dual nationality is still alive and well. Shall I place the picture of my British passport up, as an avatar, to disprove you ? Perhaps both my American passport, and my British one, in the same picture ?
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#174553 Jan 12, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
How come you only called my posts stupid when I held you to account, like a good believer of the first church of God?
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#174554 Jan 12, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Making up sights out of your imagination? Everything the bible says is true, but you have no reason to believe that the bible means he saw the world from mountains, as it doesn't mean that, you are very assuming.
Everything the Buybull says is true, eh? Really? Are you sure you want to stick with that?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#174555 Jan 12, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent post!
Thank you, sir. Just doing my part....
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#174556 Jan 12, 2013
<quoted text>
So if Prop 8 is overturned, polygamy becomes legal? No, it doesn't. I wonder why.....
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#174557 Jan 12, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
But you weren't implying that at first! You were before saying you weren't bothered to defend monogamy! Not very loyal to God are you?
You must be in need of spectacles, my good man. Why not use some of that National Health dosh, and go and get some, or is your UB40 going to help you with that ?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#174558 Jan 12, 2013
Honestly, large, you should spend less time in Ladbroke Grove...
Loppers

Monrovia, CA

#174560 Jan 12, 2013
For those who want to "Know."

SGVCOG governing board will be having a meeting Thusday, January 17, 2013

At 6:00 p.m. location; Southern California Edison CTAC, 6090 North Irwindale Avenue, Irwindale, Ca.

27 agenda items have been posted.

www.SGVCOG.org
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#174562 Jan 12, 2013
Hey, large, why not try spewing your old claptrap in Hyde Park on a Sunday afternoon, next to the communists and see how the crowd receives you ?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#174564 Jan 12, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
So if Prop 8 is overturned, polygamy becomes legal? No, it doesn't. I wonder why.....
You are reaching now, but if you defend SSM, you must also defend polygamy, or is it an elitist attitude, one designed to make you feel superior to another discriminated class ? Because you defend one misunderstood group, yet shyte upon another. Your side claims to have been demonized, yet you ignore the fact that polygamists have also been demonized.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#174566 Jan 12, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Mona Lott (Jane Dodo) is a hypocrite. Plain and simple.
Good old Liza Lott.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#174567 Jan 12, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything the Buybull says is true, eh? Really? Are you sure you want to stick with that?
I know thy word!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Bruin For Life 28,452
FBI suspects serial bank robber Gregory Cross i... 3 hr Jason 1
Montebello councilwomana s husband sentenced to... (May '14) 5 hr Wonder Why 46
Ukiah police and fire log: Wednesday, Dec. 24, ... 7 hr Here Is One 3
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 13 hr Sheboon 19,565
Faking it the green way: Artificial grass looks... (May '09) Dec 17 Fyi 18
Night Stalker case led to changes in courts and... (Jun '13) Nov 25 If You Want Blood 2

High Wind Warning for Los Angeles County was issued at December 25 at 12:07AM PST

South Pasadena News Video

South Pasadena Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

South Pasadena People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

South Pasadena News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in South Pasadena

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:27 am PST