Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,150

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#174474 Jan 12, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Come up with a single real example.
Gun laws!
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#174475 Jan 12, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Come up with a single real example.
I have come to know you now! Not only do you feel unloved, but also too scared and can't trust people enough to be open and honest! HAHAAHAHA
Micky DiRucci

Union City, CA

#174476 Jan 12, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean by "pic"? All I see is some sort of leg. Sex is not a part of love, sex is an expression of love. And why do you need sex? Can't you show it with openness and with words? Do you feel he doesn't really love you?
He doesn't. No one does.
Micky DiRucci

Union City, CA

#174477 Jan 12, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I've told Rose I've never divorced, yet you continue to spread falsehoods; that makes her a liar. She'll write any lie to further her political goals.
<quoted text>Where every culture and time has recognized marriage as gender integration; same sex marriage is gender segregated. Same sex = segregation; get it?
<quoted text>Rose made it to the semi-finals.
Rose_NoHo is a liar. Her lies are very obvious but she thinks they are not. She is insane.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#174478 Jan 12, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, so you can't tell me a buy-bull prophesy that has come true.
I made a buy-bull prophesy that came true...
"Randy Hudson wrote:
I predict that you will soon purchase some steak...

It came true! Now predict I'm gonna get laid this weekend. Got my eye on a likely prospect"
How about that !
Impeachment Cobblers

Frederick, MD

#174479 Jan 12, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't know would you?
Not by the way you mangled the language in that post.
Micky DiRucci

Union City, CA

#174480 Jan 12, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
It makes too much sense! The people who are divorces are people who don't stick to the word properly, just like rebellious mikey!
Aw shuddup you silly jackass! You're a dope.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#174481 Jan 12, 2013
Wise wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Silliest argument yet. "Gender integration and segregation"? REALLY? Seriously?
PROVE that same sex marriages are harmful to straight folks. Prove that it harms society. Prove that it would not be beneficial to the gay couples that choose it. Prove that marriages does not provide emotional and financial stability to the elderly - gay or not. Prove that having married parents is harmful to children.
If this is the best you can do, why bother?
No, it is up to you to prove that it beneficial to society. It is up to you to prove that it does provide emotional and financial stability to the elderly, LOL. We have provided links to studies that have clearly shown that children of gay couples suffer more from maladjustment than other children. Your side just ignores all the evidence, as it's inconvenient to your getting what you want. This whole world is a mess, and this is part of the problem, libertines wanting what they want, when they want it, regardless of the results. Go be gay, by all means, just don't expect us, the vast majority, to smile, and nod approvingly, at your pretense that nothing is wrong with it.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#174482 Jan 12, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>What do you find hilarious about gender segregation of marriage?
Until the 21st Century, all cultures had gender diversity marriage. Now we have gender apartheid marriage; that's not funny in the least.
What is hilarious is that the verbosity of your posts. You seem to have a need to sound intelligent. You're also using words with negative connotation just for the sake of throwing in negative spin. And it makes you seem really dumb. Or can you explain how permitting a small portion of the population access to marriage is "gender apartheid?"

In all honesty I don't expect an explanation. You generally aren't capable of giving one.

Gender diversity? If you count only male and female you're limited to two genders. If you include intersex, gays, lesbians, transgenders, and bisexuals you've got 5 more. That is diversity.

Location hidden

#174483 Jan 12, 2013
"What is hilarious is that the verbosity of your posts."

Should be:

What is hilarious is the verbosity of your posts.

Location hidden

#174484 Jan 12, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it is up to you to prove that it beneficial to society.
So by your standards everything should be illegal until it is proven safe.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#174485 Jan 12, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, so you can't tell me a buy-bull prophesy that has come true.
The evolvement of the seven churches.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#174486 Jan 12, 2013
sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
So by your standards everything should be illegal until it is proven safe.
Put more correctly: Things should be left alone, until need is shown for change.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#174487 Jan 12, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
It says that god said, "Let there be light". Then in the next couple of verses, there was night and day. Then plants. Night and day and plants before there is a sun (somewhere around Genesis 1:16). Absurd.
God made light first, so light was what first existed. Then plants and animals. Now it said the sun was created after the 7 day cycle was mentioned, it is not related. And do you speak to believers much? You must know a fair amount of people within the church to recall people who say they want to save marriage but yet divorce. How were you raised?
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#174488 Jan 12, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
So, it's not all literally true? Fine.
I just don't get why so many Christians insist everything in the buy-bull is literally true when so much of it is clearly absurd.
Making up sights out of your imagination? Everything the bible says is true, but you have no reason to believe that the bible means he saw the world from mountains, as it doesn't mean that, you are very assuming.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#174490 Jan 12, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Man up. I didn't say anything about the Roman Catholics and the fall of Rome. They weren't around at the time.
The saxons were around, no one said they weren't.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#174491 Jan 12, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahahaha
hahahahaha
ahahahahah
Did you learn THAT from Jane Dough, too?
So if Prop 8 is overturned, does that mean polygamy will be legal in California? Of course not. It's a completely seperate issue. Prop 8 has NOTHING to do with polygamy.
You support having sex with all! Of course you do! Thats what gay marriage is really about! And mikey is also very rebellious to the sciptures by not supporting monogamy.
Micky DiRucci

Union City, CA

#174492 Jan 12, 2013
sheesh void of hate wrote:
"What is hilarious is that the verbosity of your posts."
Should be:
What is hilarious is the verbosity of your posts.
What is hilarious is that your post complaining of his verbosity is five times more verbose than the post you are complaining about!

Too Funny!
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#174493 Jan 12, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
Is this thread done yet?
I've met this idiot who calls himself wastewater before. "WasteProduct" is little more than a child trying to be some sort of grown up. One has to wonder what causes the minds of children to gain futile silly thoughts!
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#174494 Jan 12, 2013
Randy Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike was being sarcastic. Of course he knew the definition of "red herring", just like the rest of us.
Did he really? Its difficult to expect someone who is not honest with God and allows polygamy against the bible to be honest with us. Maybe he pretended to know, and was pretending to be sarcastic, to cover his ignorance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mtb Hill Proposal "...does not have a positive ... 13 min Whats Going On 5
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Bruin For Life 28,359
Rename Griffith Park to Villaraigosa Park? 1 hr La Merced Dude 6
Christmas 2014 and New Year’s 2014 Closures and... 9 hr James Macpherson 1
Guitarist Adam Levy Joins LA College of Music a... 9 hr James Macpherson 1
Los Angeles Company Verifi Provides Hillsides w... 9 hr James Macpherson 1
South Pasadena Police Weekly Crime Summary 9 hr James Macpherson 1

South Pasadena News Video

South Pasadena Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

South Pasadena People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

South Pasadena News, Events & Info