Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#171584 Dec 18, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
From a Squid I can only take that one way
Haze gray and underway! In blue water, not brown!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x86oci_haze-...
Big D

Modesto, CA

#171585 Dec 18, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Haze gray and underway! In blue water, not brown!
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x86oci_haze-...
LOL there is not a squid alive that as sailed in any deeper water than I have.

I have been all over the pacific, including over the trench

Granted I was down in an engine compartment most watches ... as I said... bilge snipe.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#171586 Dec 18, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL there is not a squid alive that as sailed in any deeper water than I have.
I have been all over the pacific, including over the trench
Granted I was down in an engine compartment most watches ... as I said... bilge snipe.
I was a brown shoe.(From envy, often modified by non-aviation types with the adjective "f*cking").

Snipes used to get nose bleeds from the altitude the rare times they came up to the flight deck. All pasty white, they'd catch a sun burn in 10 minutes.

My son was a snipe.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#171587 Dec 18, 2012
Ahh, Our snipes got along with the Airedales,( in the Coast Guard they were Airedales ) as we had a lot in common, we had Major ship parties in the Hilo Hanger, usually one big party per trip, Hump day party, although the captain authorized a second party on one extended mission on Deep Freeze 76, homecoming party.

I am pretty sure it was not legal but a pallet of beer would show up at each party, rule was there was not to be a single beer left when the party was over, you drink your allotted 2 beers or in the trash it would go. No one ever would say a word when we got back to port about it though, we knew if anyone taled about it, it would stop.

I would never have stood on both poles if not for the Airedales, they always found a reason to have a few of us Snipes with them when they went.
After d is F

West Covina, CA

#171588 Dec 18, 2012
So on and so on.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#171589 Dec 18, 2012
Big D wrote:
Ahh, Our snipes got along with the Airedales,( in the Coast Guard they were Airedales ) as we had a lot in common, we had Major ship parties in the Hilo Hanger, usually one big party per trip, Hump day party, although the captain authorized a second party on one extended mission on Deep Freeze 76, homecoming party.
I am pretty sure it was not legal but a pallet of beer would show up at each party, rule was there was not to be a single beer left when the party was over, you drink your allotted 2 beers or in the trash it would go. No one ever would say a word when we got back to port about it though, we knew if anyone taled about it, it would stop.
I would never have stood on both poles if not for the Airedales, they always found a reason to have a few of us Snipes with them when they went.
Brown shoes are called airedales in the Navy too. Don't wear brown shoes anymore though.

I flew SAR missions off two different aircraft carriers (two tours) on Yankee Station from 1968 to 1971. I was a high tech type and I would salvage top secret electronics from our downed aircraft before the NVA or VC could. They sent me cause I knew what to destroy or take away and how to get it out fast.

Took a little side trip to North Korea when they shot down one of our planes. So got the medal, tee shirt and hat for the Korean War too.

Signed up for The Navy so I wouldn't be drafted into the meat grinder of the Army infantry etc. Worked out good for me. Used the GI Bill when I got out to get a MS in geology. Was a geologist for the USGS for 33 years. I owe it all to the Navy slapping my young dumbass into shape and squaring me the f*ck away!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#171590 Dec 18, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Brown shoes are called airedales in the Navy too. Don't wear brown shoes anymore though.
I flew SAR missions off two different aircraft carriers (two tours) on Yankee Station from 1968 to 1971. I was a high tech type and I would salvage top secret electronics from our downed aircraft before the NVA or VC could. They sent me cause I knew what to destroy or take away and how to get it out fast.
Took a little side trip to North Korea when they shot down one of our planes. So got the medal, tee shirt and hat for the Korean War too.
Signed up for The Navy so I wouldn't be drafted into the meat grinder of the Army infantry etc. Worked out good for me. Used the GI Bill when I got out to get a MS in geology. Was a geologist for the USGS for 33 years. I owe it all to the Navy slapping my young dumbass into shape and squaring me the f*ck away!
I donít blame you for that, the army was a meat grinder in those days

Vietnam was still on, but winding down when I joined. I was dissatisfied with my life and the direction it was going, friends either in jail or heading in that direction. Wanted to change things, didnít think I would handle the army or marines well, thought about the Air Force and Navy, almost joined the Coast Guard on a whim. Had not put a lot of thought into it at the time, I was pretty young.

Ended up being quite an adventure, 2 years on an Ice Breaker, USCGC Burton Island.

but it did do what I intended it to, turned my life around.

SAR missions? You would have fit right in, a lot of Coast guard missions are SAR

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#171591 Dec 18, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Vietnam was still on, but winding down when I joined. I was dissatisfied with my life and the direction it was going, friends either in jail or heading in that direction. Wanted to change things, didnít think I would handle the army or marines well, thought about the Air Force and Navy, almost joined the Coast Guard on a whim. Had not put a lot of thought into it at the time, I was pretty young.
Ended up being quite an adventure, 2 years on an Ice Breaker, USCGC Burton Island.
SAR missions? You would have fit right in, a lot of Coast guard missions are SAR
I smoked a big fatty on the Brooklyn to Manhattan ferry one day while contemplating what I should do about my impending draft notice.

Enjoying a fine buzz while cruising along on the big ferry, the Navy and the sea struck my fancy. Signed up the next day. Went to Great Lakes boot camp ("Great Mistakes") from November through February. Brrrrrr!

Yes indeed. Turned my life around too. Still a little hungover.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#171592 Dec 18, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I went in with the SAR crew. They rescued the pilot, I rescued the top secret electronics. Usually the aircraft and the pilot were far apart as the pilot had ejected before the crash ideally. Picked up the pilot first. Then it was my turn to fetch the top secret gear. Or destroy it. If the enemy was already there we'd call in an air strike and hightail it out of there.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#171596 Dec 18, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I went in with the SAR crew. They rescued the pilot, I rescued the top secret electronics. Usually the aircraft and the pilot were far apart as the pilot had ejected before the crash ideally. Picked up the pilot first. Then it was my turn to fetch the top secret gear. Or destroy it. If the enemy was already there we'd call in an air strike and hightail it out of there.
I never did any of that kind of stuff myself, my second 3 years were spent on Yerba Buena Island which most people mistake and call Treasure island, it is the natural island on the bay bridge to San Francisco.

I was a firefighter, but scheduled on boat watch crews on duty days, usually pulled jumpers out of the water under the GG bridge. You could call it SAR, but they were always already dead, and we have to knock the sharks off of them before pulling them on board.

Most interesting story there was an inspection on a large sailboat. It was obviously overladen and the crew looked pretty scummy, so we took our longest hair and laid back looking guardsman, he pulled the shirt tails out of his pants and tried to look like he didnít give a crap and boarded them for a safety inspection.

He check thier life preservers and other small crap, gave them a certificate of passage and left.. he told us the boat was just packed to the gills with bales of what was obviously Marijuana, he said it was all over the deck.

The sailboat headed into Oakland and we informed the police and then backed them up with a 50 footer, I donít know if you have seen a Coast guard 50 footer but it will scare the pants off anything smaller, and some things quite a bit larger. A 50 footer will really move, they are designed to catch fast boats.

I wasnít on the 50, but was told there was a firefight on the docks with the Oakland police when they showed up, the cut loose ( just into the water ) with the twin 50 caliber machine guns behind the sailboat and they surrendered to the police.

The police told the boat captain that they would have surrendered too after hearing that.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#171598 Dec 18, 2012
Oops it wasnt a 50 footer, it was an 82

50 footers dont have those kinds of guns
Goldlines

West Covina, CA

#171599 Dec 18, 2012
A fat-headed mindless Senior citizen abuser was a speaker Saturday December 15, 2012 bridge grand opening.

This electd official has been a abuser ever since he was in public school.
Skunk holler bill

Charlottesville, VA

#171600 Dec 18, 2012
I was in the bay in a 21 foot fishing boat. I have never smoked dope or been in trouble. I decided to join the USAF and stayed 21 yrs. It was cold on the bay tho and I ended up flying in Vietnam 190 missions and three very romantic tours. A life changing experience for me. Now all I want to do is ride my motorcycle to the next stop. Wherever that may be??? I am very happy now.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#171601 Dec 18, 2012
Skunk holler bill wrote:
I was in the bay in a 21 foot fishing boat. I have never smoked dope or been in trouble. I decided to join the USAF and stayed 21 yrs. It was cold on the bay tho and I ended up flying in Vietnam 190 missions and three very romantic tours. A life changing experience for me. Now all I want to do is ride my motorcycle to the next stop. Wherever that may be??? I am very happy now.
We had an ex Nam chopper pilot on the BI

He told the most hilarious stories about being shot down.

He had been downed 3 times ( hard for me to imagine )

He said the first time you are shot down, you are screaming your head off into the mic, scared shitless.

The second time you know the drill and are more calm and relaxed as you give your coordinates for them to come get you, problem is when you are relaxed they take their time picking you up because it doesnít sound serious.

The third time you are back screaming into the mic "My wife is rich! my wife is rich.. we are all going to die!" even if you are on the friendly side and an easy pick up
MagicJack

West Covina, CA

#171602 Dec 18, 2012
Be a self starter and post in another towns topic arena.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#171603 Dec 18, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
We had an ex Nam chopper pilot on the BI
He told the most hilarious stories about being shot down.
He had been downed 3 times ( hard for me to imagine )
He said the first time you are shot down, you are screaming your head off into the mic, scared shitless.
The second time you know the drill and are more calm and relaxed as you give your coordinates for them to come get you, problem is when you are relaxed they take their time picking you up because it doesnít sound serious.
The third time you are back screaming into the mic "My wife is rich! my wife is rich.. we are all going to die!" even if you are on the friendly side and an easy pick up
I never met a pilot who had just ejected into Indian country who was relaxed! Even if they'd done it before. Most hadn't. The adrenalin was pumping. They gave us a good snort of brandy back on board.

I couldn't wait to get out when I was in, Now days I'd give my left nut to do it again. But knowing I was coming back alive would take most of the fun out of it!
BuildAbribe

West Covina, CA

#171604 Dec 18, 2012
Many Americans feel this was the same style of operations that Wal-Mart used to get so many stores built in the USA.. Will Wal-Mart be forever known as a stores a bribe can build?

So far Wal-Mart officials have refused to take ploygraph exams. The question is, did Wal-Mart use bribes to build USA stores?

Wal-Mart Stores Inc. says internal investigation into its Mexico subsidiary paid bribes to get stores built continues in Mexico.

The New York Times reports, 19 store sites across Mexico were the target of Wal-Mart bribes.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#171605 Dec 18, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I never met a pilot who had just ejected into Indian country who was relaxed! Even if they'd done it before. Most hadn't. The adrenalin was pumping. They gave us a good snort of brandy back on board.
I couldn't wait to get out when I was in, Now days I'd give my left nut to do it again. But knowing I was coming back alive would take most of the fun out of it!
it is like that isnít it, it is more fun to remember than it was at the time.

It is a shame, I have stood in a place where every direction you looked was north, I have also stood in a place where every direction you looked was south.

I spent 3 months without ever seeing night, the sun would just circle the sky, dipping below the horizon briefly to come up again 10 min later.

I donít think I appreciated it at the time as much as I do remembering it.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#171606 Dec 18, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh he didnít eject, these were choppers, they were going down, but semi controlled.

Engine or hydraulics hits I assume, I donít know

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#171607 Dec 18, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I never did any of that kind of stuff myself, my second 3 years were spent on Yerba Buena Island which most people mistake and call Treasure island, it is the natural island on the bay bridge to San Francisco.
I was a firefighter, but scheduled on boat watch crews on duty days, usually pulled jumpers out of the water under the GG bridge. You could call it SAR, but they were always already dead, and we have to knock the sharks off of them before pulling them on board.
Most interesting story there was an inspection on a large sailboat. It was obviously overladen and the crew looked pretty scummy, so we took our longest hair and laid back looking guardsman, he pulled the shirt tails out of his pants and tried to look like he didnít give a crap and boarded them for a safety inspection.
He check thier life preservers and other small crap, gave them a certificate of passage and left.. he told us the boat was just packed to the gills with bales of what was obviously Marijuana, he said it was all over the deck.
The sailboat headed into Oakland and we informed the police and then backed them up with a 50 footer, I donít know if you have seen a Coast guard 50 footer but it will scare the pants off anything smaller, and some things quite a bit larger. A 50 footer will really move, they are designed to catch fast boats.
I wasnít on the 50, but was told there was a firefight on the docks with the Oakland police when they showed up, the cut loose ( just into the water ) with the twin 50 caliber machine guns behind the sailboat and they surrendered to the police.
The police told the boat captain that they would have surrendered too after hearing that.
I've spent time on Yerba Buena Island with it's spectacular SF city views but as a government geologist, not a squid.

Although I did pass through the T.I. brig for a few intense days in 1969! F**^%!@# Jarheads! "maggot this and maggot that". What jackasses!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Manhattan Beach to vote on FAA airspace plan (Oct '10) 1 hr ugh 24
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Brew In 28,480
is a afro life more valuable than a Hispanic life 6 hr who da fuhk 2
California Wind Farms Kilt All The Birds (Aug '11) 6 hr who da fuhk 4
American Sniper Goes Beyond Tradition to Take ... 6 hr who da fuhk 2
What Gwyneth Paltrow Has to Do With Saving the ... 6 hr who da fuhk 12
Bachman Gomert Presidential Campaign Heats Up 6 hr who da fuhk 2

South Pasadena News Video

South Pasadena Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

South Pasadena People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

South Pasadena News, Events & Info