Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#169769 Dec 3, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah. I'll pass.
And if I remember right you were the one who said you wanted a piece of me...I just advised where I was going to be so you'd have a chance at it.
You're not for gay marriage. I see no honest support from you towards that end.
Whoa, there cowboy! Keep your pants on. I never said any such thing! Jeez! Think of your wife and family.

WOW!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#169770 Dec 3, 2012
Dan. YUK!YUK!YUK!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#169771 Dec 3, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Registered troll.
Unregistered troll!

And jackass!

Nana nana nana!
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#169772 Dec 3, 2012
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth is I donít have an opinion on polygamous or incestuous marriage rights and I donít believe that I have to in order to deserve Gay Marriage Equality. Do you believe that polygamous or incestuous marriages should be legal?
Pickerington?

I'm from Colorado...lived in California most of my life now but spent a year in Lancaster, Ohio.

Very conservative area and one in which gay marriage would seem hard to pass if left to a vote.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#169773 Dec 3, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, yes you can. Straight people do it every day.
"straight people" aren't the ones claiming you can't, and then adding miles of footnotes to the "equal right's" claim to exclude all others but same sex and heterosexual.

What is funny is that you think you are somehow MORE for "equal right's" than another group because you want to include yourselves while excluding all others. Its cute really.

Location hidden

#169774 Dec 3, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do folks like yourself and AK have such difficulty differentiating between ONE, and TWO, THREE or FOUR?
So it is OK to exclude consenting adults from the right of marriage based on the number of parties involved, yet not OK when it comes to gender?

How many other exceptions would you like to include in your- I'm for equal right's of all- claim?
WaterPistol

Covina, CA

#169775 Dec 3, 2012
Is it set on stun?
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#169776 Dec 3, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
"straight people" aren't the ones claiming you can't, and then adding miles of footnotes to the "equal right's" claim to exclude all others but same sex and heterosexual.
What is funny is that you think you are somehow MORE for "equal right's" than another group because you want to include yourselves while excluding all others. Its cute really.
What you're attempting is a play on words.

There is no aspect of gays wanting "more" in terms of equal rights. In fact the term sums it up - equal rights.

As far as the rest of your thoughts here again is why you are incorrect;

Gays pursuing equal rights in terms of marriage have never made efforts towards excluding others. They are only focused on their path towards equality when it comes to marriage mainly because of the concentrated effort it will take to make it a national reality.

Disagree??

Then find just ONE case where gays took efforts to excluding say polygamists from marrying. Just one....because if you cannot you are what I already know of you - you're a liar.
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#169777 Dec 3, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
So it is OK to exclude consenting adults from the right of marriage based on the number of parties involved, yet not OK when it comes to gender?
How many other exceptions would you like to include in your- I'm for equal right's of all- claim?
The poster merely pointed to the fact polygamy involved itself with a completely different set of circumstances in terms of marriage than the gay marriage issue in that polygamists are concerned with marriages involving themselves with 3 or more adults in a union.

And apparently that confused you.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#169778 Dec 3, 2012
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth is I donít have an opinion on polygamous or incestuous marriage rights and I donít believe that I have to in order to deserve Gay Marriage Equality. Do you believe that polygamous or incestuous marriages should be legal?
Yes.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#169779 Dec 3, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
The poster merely pointed to the fact polygamy involved itself with a completely different set of circumstances in terms of marriage than the gay marriage issue in that polygamists are concerned with marriages involving themselves with 3 or more adults in a union.
Wha? Your explanation definitely confused me!

Explain it better. Maybe if you stop trying to talk so fancy.

YUK!YUK!YUK!
rolls

Irving, TX

#169780 Dec 3, 2012
who farted?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#169782 Dec 3, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the poster said it was OK to exclude consenting adults from the right of marriage based on the number of parties involved, but not OK when it comes to gender.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#169783 Dec 3, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
When you post this: "cults which have tendacies to use techniques which amount to bondage, brain washing younger members and many include under aged brides." you are posting about cultists, which can, and do, exist in ay group. You haven't produced any answer about the harmful nature of polygamy, though. Just giving a history lesson...But your stupid ass fails to see the connection, because you don't wish to. The connection is governmentally legislated freedom of choice. But I accept your dodge as evidence that you cannot find any harm in any normal, non-cultist polygamists. It would seem that you are now using the same strategy that the anti-gay side has been using, and getting abused , for. namely, whitewashing a whole group, based upon some bad press generated by a few ill intentioned miscreants. Ciao, dumbass.
Here here! Brilliant post. Thank you for sharing.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#169789 Dec 3, 2012
I predict Dan will be suddenly announcing he's leaving us losers to get back to his exciting and classy social life! Perhaps the cocktail hour approaches. Black ties!

Dan. What a jackass!

YUK!YUK!YUK!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#169793 Dec 3, 2012
rolls wrote:
who farted?
Dan.
FrackedManagers

Covina, CA

#169797 Dec 3, 2012
Look again Chris Jeffers, ther will be an opening in the city of Alhambra, Ca. since there's will be going off to Santa Clara, Ca. to be their city manager.

So Chris Jeffers of Glendora, Ca. you've done plenty of damage to the city and employees mora already, pleasse get lost.

The Santa Clara City Council will vote Tuesday on an employee contract to appoint Alhambra City Manager Julio Fuentes.

Location hidden

#169798 Dec 3, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
What you're attempting is a play on words.
There is no aspect of gays wanting "more" in terms of equal rights. In fact the term sums it up - equal rights.
As far as the rest of your thoughts here again is why you are incorrect;
Gays pursuing equal rights in terms of marriage have never made efforts towards excluding others. They are only focused on their path towards equality when it comes to marriage mainly because of the concentrated effort it will take to make it a national reality.
Disagree??
Then find just ONE case where gays took efforts to excluding say polygamists from marrying. Just one....because if you cannot you are what I already know of you - you're a liar.
Again, you are trying to act cute with your "gays don't make efforts to exclude" nonsense. The fact that you guys toss them to the side like bad fruit says it all. Any other form of marriage aside from same sex marriage is insignificant, a red herring, and off topic to you guys.

If you really want people to buy into your "equal right's" BS you really should stop attempting to exclude others through omission.

Location hidden

#169799 Dec 3, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, pointing out all the differences in forms of marriage are relevant to the argument against them, that is unless you are talking to the differences with homosexual marriages.

Careful, your inner-bigot is showing.
Willows

Covina, CA

#169800 Dec 3, 2012
Whats A Matter U - what century do you live in?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what up 19 min uoyevol 1
Revised EIR on Montebello Hills Proposal Still ... 46 min Wonder Why 47
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 58 min Bruin For Life 27,914
Garvey closed from walnut to Rosemead blvd... 1 hr Streye 1
Licon and Montebello Blvd incident today ??? 1 hr Wonder Why 4
Hollywood is Mutilating Women in the War on Women 2 hr Culture Auditor 3
Van Nuys man expected to be charged with attemp... (Oct '09) 2 hr Arlofkshtup 54

South Pasadena News Video

South Pasadena Dating
Find my Match

South Pasadena Jobs

South Pasadena People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

South Pasadena News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in South Pasadena

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]