Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
148,061 - 148,080 of 200,347 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
GTTMs

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168910
Nov 23, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

All the Republican an Tea Party Nation members are going through the motions, with lip service to try and explain and appear to be trying to help the average small business and or lowly voter in America.

Mitt Romney also has a fair amount of disdain for:

African Americans

Latin American

Young Women

Gay or Lesbian

Students

Working class

Essentially anyone who, in his preferred narrative, was bought off by "gifts" and other "free stuff" from President Obama.

But if your a Morman then your OK?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168911
Nov 23, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a hypocrite to the max you scab
How is he a hypocrite?

He pays Union Dues because the Union requires him to in order to deliver goods, he would gladly deliver those goods to that same places without paying that dues but the Union won't allow it.

His employer, the DMV, the customer, nor himself give a damn if he is a member of a Union, it is the union that cares. That is why the Unions fight so hard to eliminate "right to work" states, if given the choice people will NOT choose the Union.

Unions- Ideas so good them must be mandatory.
WrongWcor

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168912
Nov 23, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Not wrong way Corrigan, again?

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168913
Nov 23, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Something wrong with being gay? Tell us about it Fruitloops!
What a jackass.
Being Gay is natural. Living in denial and making childish quips like you do is not a good way of dealing with your homosexuality. Do you realize that your insults are more reflective of your own internal conflicts and self doubt than they are taken earnestly by anyone receiving them?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168918
Nov 23, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Being Gay is natural. Living in denial and making childish quips like you do is not a good way of dealing with your homosexuality. Do you realize that your insults are more reflective of your own internal conflicts and self doubt than they are taken earnestly by anyone receiving them?
Yeah, yeah. Relax Dr. Phil.

Do you realize that you are a jackass?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168919
Nov 23, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

7

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder....did your parents have any children that were free from brain damage ? Or is there something in the water, where you exist ?
He's the dope who says Rose_NoHo's stupid posts are "intelligent and insightful".

Too Funny!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168920
Nov 23, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Keep marriage male/female because gender roles are important.

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168922
Nov 24, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Brian_G wrote:
Keep marriage male/female because gender roles are important.
Lets go for equality and freedom....LETS MAKE SAME SEX MARRIAGE EQUAL.....YOU KNOW LIKE THE CONSTITUTION SAYS.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168923
Nov 24, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Brian_G wrote:
Keep marriage male/female because gender roles are important.
How will gay folks marrying change straight folk's "Gender Roles"? Do you think they will suddenly change genders if gay folks marry?

Seems a little illogical to me,but I guess you know more about straight people than I do.

And can you please define what static gender roles plays out within the marriages of all straight married couples? Which defined roles MUST a woman live under, and which are strictly male?

Thanks.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168924
Nov 24, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

5

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be so silly, it isn't natural, or else we'd all be gay, and there'd be no conflict. It is an aberration to be gay, and animals do not reproduce through gay behavior.......
Of course being gay is natural - it occurs in nature. It is no aberration.

It is simply not the norm, in the same way that red hair or being left handed are not the norm.

I wonder why you are so worried about other people and their families? Such an obsession with gay people is indeed an aberration. What caused this issue for you?

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168925
Nov 24, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

5

R Hudson wrote:
And, just to be silly for a moment, if Hostess Cupcakes had been downsized 8%, and the price remained fixed, I'd still have bought the little darlins', they were good, and I'm gonna miss them ..
:D
I agree with very little you say, but yes, you are so right on this one.

Grew up with them and STILL love the occasional Hostess snack. They were my Dad's fav growing up. Nasty little waxy chocolate covered and "cream" filled wonders.

I'll miss them, too.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168926
Nov 24, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof of what ? WTF are you trying to say ???
Gee.... maybe I meant you have no proof of the things you wrote in the post I responded to. This post:

"You are an idiot, "Freedom" still has its limitations. Sure you are free to go out and kill someone but its not the moral thing to do and there are consequences to pay. If your gay cult was to have its way, tou will demand to teach your lifestyles in public schools, it has already been brought up, you will demand special medical treatment by insurance companies that will cause rates to go up. The gay cult WILL AFFECT the mnormal hetero society."

You have no proof.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168927
Nov 24, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
The sad fact is, that I sometimes don't know that a delivery site will be a union site, or not, and it is a bad thing to find out at the last minute...Most of the places that I go to aren't union, and I sometimes deliver to union sites that don't ask for a union card, such as Chrysler...It is hit and miss, and I prefer to hedge my bets, but I am considering resignation from the union, anyway...Not like I depend on them for anything, and with so few instances of compliance checking, anyway, it seems a foolish thing to remain in it, at all. The union hasn't done a whole lot, as far as I can tell, except to lock some drivers out, and call inconvenient strikes...So that everyone who depends on truck deliveries gets to suffer, because a few malcontents can't make a few concessions, witness Hostess, whose employees weren't allowed to opt for an 8% pay cut, to guarantee continued employment...92% of a Twinkie is better than none, as someone said...
Do NOT blame the Hostess failure on the union workers. The company failed because its managers didn't know what the fuck they were doing.

Hostess management's efforts to blame union intransigence for the company's collapse persisted right through to the Thanksgiving eve press release announcing Hostess' liquidation, when it cited a nationwide strike by bakery workers that "crippled its operations."

That overlooks the years of union givebacks and management bad faith. Example: Just before declaring bankruptcy for the second time in eight years Jan. 11, Hostess trebled the compensation of then-Chief Executive Brian Driscoll and raised other executives' pay up to twofold. At the same time, the company was demanding lower wages from workers and stiffing employee pension funds of $8 million a month in payment obligations.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-hiltzik...

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168928
Nov 24, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Do NOT blame the Hostess failure on the union workers. The company failed because its managers didn't know what the fuck they were doing.
Hostess management's efforts to blame union intransigence for the company's collapse persisted right through to the Thanksgiving eve press release announcing Hostess' liquidation, when it cited a nationwide strike by bakery workers that "crippled its operations."
That overlooks the years of union givebacks and management bad faith. Example: Just before declaring bankruptcy for the second time in eight years Jan. 11, Hostess trebled the compensation of then-Chief Executive Brian Driscoll and raised other executives' pay up to twofold. At the same time, the company was demanding lower wages from workers and stiffing employee pension funds of $8 million a month in payment obligations.
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-hiltzik...
Hostess failed because of weak management, SHORT SIGHTED LABOR UNIONS, poor judgement by investors and failure to innovate.

Of course Mona Lott blames only management. Because he's a commie dope!
PowderDonuts

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168929
Nov 24, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

All the while management gets a "big fat raise" severance packages and retirements etc. Yep it looks like Willard Mitt Romney and Bain Capital did thier job, protect managment at all costs.

Hostess failed because of pizz poor, weak management, poor judgement by investors and failure to innovate and market it's products.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168930
Nov 24, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

7

PowderDonuts wrote:
All the while management gets a "big fat raise" severance packages and retirements etc. Yep it looks like Willard Mitt Romney and Bain Capital did thier job, protect managment at all costs.
Hostess failed because of pizz poor, weak management, poor judgement by investors and failure to innovate and market it's products.
And short sighted labor unions.

Now SCRAM troll!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168931
Nov 24, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

7

PowderDonuts wrote:
All the while management gets a "big fat raise" severance packages and retirements etc. Yep it looks like Willard Mitt Romney and Bain Capital did thier job, protect managment at all costs.
Hostess failed because of pizz poor, weak management, poor judgement by investors and failure to innovate and market it's products.
Another idiot joining "Mona Lott" in blaming Romney for the Hostess failure.

Priceless!
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168932
Nov 24, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
The sad fact is, that I sometimes don't know that a delivery site will be a union site, or not, and it is a bad thing to find out at the last minute...Most of the places that I go to aren't union, and I sometimes deliver to union sites that don't ask for a union card, such as Chrysler...It is hit and miss, and I prefer to hedge my bets, but I am considering resignation from the union, anyway...Not like I depend on them for anything, and with so few instances of compliance checking, anyway, it seems a foolish thing to remain in it, at all. The union hasn't done a whole lot, as far as I can tell, except to lock some drivers out, and call inconvenient strikes...So that everyone who depends on truck deliveries gets to suffer, because a few malcontents can't make a few concessions, witness Hostess, whose employees weren't allowed to opt for an 8% pay cut, to guarantee continued employment...92% of a Twinkie is better than none, as someone said...
You don't need to know if your delivery site is union or not. If you deliver there it is within the unions jurisdiction. The reason you are a member of the union is because you earn more, have better benefits better working conditions and have barganning power. Independent drivers don't stand a chance against the employer and you know this, it's an uneven playing field and that is the reason you are a member, so don't bite the hand that feeds you. Non union member know this and that is why they are against unions they are "Green Eyed Monsters"
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168933
Nov 24, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Hostess failed because of weak management, SHORT SIGHTED LABOR UNIONS, poor judgement by investors and failure to innovate.
Of course Mona Lott blames only management. Because he's a commie dope!
Short sighted labor unions?????????

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168934
Nov 24, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't need to know if your delivery site is union or not. If you deliver there it is within the unions jurisdiction. The reason you are a member of the union is because you earn more, have better benefits better working conditions and have barganning power. Independent drivers don't stand a chance against the employer and you know this, it's an uneven playing field and that is the reason you are a member, so don't bite the hand that feeds you. Non union member know this and that is why they are against unions they are "Green Eyed Monsters"
Aw shuddup commie boy!

What a jackass!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

South Pasadena News Video

•••
•••

South Pasadena Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

South Pasadena People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

South Pasadena News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in South Pasadena
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••