Sheriff's training academy plans move out of South Whittier

Full story: Whittier Daily News

The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department will be moving its academy/training program from its current location here to the Biscailuz Center in East Los Angeles.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Larry

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2010

Everything is leaving S. Whittier. Turning into the ghetto with empty buildings and vacant lots. Grocery stores, gas stations, all leaving and nothing to replace them. Too much urban blight.
Acemakr

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

That was my high school and I was a displaced student, Which was a bad decision at the time!!! Since it was the newest school in the district!!! And now it will become warehousing!!! This state is pathetic!!!
Chiefs

West Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

Acemakr wrote:
That was my high school and I was a displaced student, Which was a bad decision at the time!!! Since it was the newest school in the district!!! And now it will become warehousing!!! This state is pathetic!!!
Monte Vista Mustangs sucked anyway. No big loss. haha
La Serna God

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

La Serna ruled in all aspects. Then All of you Monte Vista losers showed up on our campus And the GPA dropped because of your lack of a quality education that Monty Vistaless gave you while it was still open.
GINGER

Norwalk, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

it will be ashame to lose this facility. they had after school programs that were wonderful. Thanks to all the illegals and the wanna be gang bangers south whittier is a big crap hole now and i hate to see the sherriffs academy go. What about the new remodeling they are doing? was this just a waste of tax payers money??
Smart Asa

Downey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

Hey, my first girlfriend was from that school, Holly Genco. I still remember you !:)
by by

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

That hole are sucks any ways I am sure the Sherriffs dont feel safe , thats why they are moving less cops on the street will mean more bad people. I would declare marshal Law.
MVlawyer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2010

La Serna God wrote:
La Serna ruled in all aspects. Then All of you Monte Vista losers showed up on our campus And the GPA dropped because of your lack of a quality education that Monty Vistaless gave you while it was still open.
My, my. Still hung up on high school, huh? I hope you're not prancing around in your cheerleader costume while you write this stuff. Time to grow up, buddy -- it's over.
3MTA3U

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2010

Uh oh. Anyone who owns a home near the academy should really consider selling right now! If you have to ask why and you live there, then stick around to find out. If you don't live there and ask why, drive by a year after the academy has moved and let us know what you find.
bin Laden

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2010

South Whittier needs a bailout.
Hmmmm

Oxnard, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2010

Isn't it funny that every time an entity does anything these days it says "It's been in the works for years"? lol Is that because they're afraid that people will be upset at the cost? It's always amazed me that any facility has to move from where it is. It is multi-million dollars to the taxpayers, but that's ok as long as it's been in the works for years. How about putting a plan in the works that will create jobs for thousands of people with your multi-million dollars? How about creating new businesses with your multi-million dollars? Instead we're creating a new facility for training new officers when a facility, like a school, used after hours would suffice. Quit wasting our money on "new facilities" and just use what you have. You don't deserve more when the rest of the people around you are getting and making less. Better yet, how about building new schools and quit making our children go to school in buildings that have leaks and are falling apart. If you were forced to use these facilities I bet you'd come up with the money to fix them. What a bunch of losers.
MT Whittier

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2010

Thank you Sheriffs! Now I don't have to hear the helicopters at night that are used for training.
3MTA3U

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2010

MT Whittier wrote:
Thank you Sheriffs! Now I don't have to hear the helicopters at night that are used for training.
You're welcome! However, we'll be there the day after we move and every night after that on actual, non-training response. Miss me XOXO.
Whittier Girl

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2010

3MTA3U wrote:
Uh oh. Anyone who owns a home near the academy should really consider selling right now! If you have to ask why and you live there, then stick around to find out. If you don't live there and ask why, drive by a year after the academy has moved and let us know what you find.
I live in the area behind it, and I live in a beautiful and quiet neighborhood. Anywhere you go there is bad and this is not where everyone think in the bad part of whittier. The should just reference it's in "Whittier" because when you hear South Side Whitier, you think of the gang banging area and my neighbor hood is nothing like that. I wouldnt raise my kids in a bad area.
3MTA3U

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2010

Whittier Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in the area behind it, and I live in a beautiful and quiet neighborhood. Anywhere you go there is bad and this is not where everyone think in the bad part of whittier. The should just reference it's in "Whittier" because when you hear South Side Whitier, you think of the gang banging area and my neighbor hood is nothing like that. I wouldnt raise my kids in a bad area.
I agree. The area you live in is absolutely beautiful and quiet. Therefore, I recommend you sell high or move now before the academy leaves. The neighborhood as you know it will change and become that "bad" part of town you're talking about. There's a reason why people think of gang-banging and not country clubs when South Whittier is mentioned. Good luck on your decision.
Teaching Shit Monkeys

Irvine, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2010

3MTA3U wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. The area you live in is absolutely beautiful and quiet. Therefore, I recommend you sell high or move now before the academy leaves. The neighborhood as you know it will change and become that "bad" part of town you're talking about. There's a reason why people think of gang-banging and not country clubs when South Whittier is mentioned. Good luck on your decision.
^Cosigned. You're right. It's inevitable.
sure

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2010

South Whittier should incorporate with the city of Whittier. Much better service from Whittier Pd.
king richards

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

I feel like smoking dope in the abandoned building
Gordon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

king richards wrote:
I feel like smoking dope in the abandoned building
Hi Cohen! How you doing?
stone cold steve austin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Gordon wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Cohen! How you doing?
don't call me retard I'm your superior in every mentality

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

South Pasadena News Video

•••
•••

South Pasadena Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

South Pasadena People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE