Latest Long Beach murder believed to ...

Latest Long Beach murder believed to be gang-related

There are 28 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from May 6, 2010, titled Latest Long Beach murder believed to be gang-related. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

Police are investigating the city's third homicide in as many days, and the second believed to be tied to gang violence.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Kennebreath

Long Beach, CA

#26 May 10, 2010
BRETT SHEPHERD wrote:
<quoted text>
No I actually live in Atlanta, for some reason the press telegram has me in Philly.
Now as far as not living in the area, no I don't anymore, but I did grow up there and I know the area very well. So there you have it "GO AWAY".
Regardless, you don't live here now so your opinion really doesn't mean much especially since it's just standard bashing. I'm sure Atlanta has a local paper for your opinions.
BRETT SHEPHERD

Wayne, PA

#27 May 11, 2010
Kennebreath wrote:
<quoted text>
Regardless, you don't live here now so your opinion really doesn't mean much especially since it's just standard bashing. I'm sure Atlanta has a local paper for your opinions.
And you opinion does matter? Ultimately no one's opinion on this forum matters, but I laugh when you good folks in hell town, get all offended when someone has an opinion of your town. I guess all of us that dont live in Long Beach should worship you because you live in California and the rest of us don't.
Atlanta does have a local paper and funny thing about it is, sometimes people from out there make comments as well. Go figure.
My opinions about Long Beach are out of frustration for a city I grew up in and called home. I hate to see what it has become and I feel bad for the citizens that can't even enjoy a night out on the town without worrying if they will be attacked.
Kennebreath

Long Beach, CA

#28 May 11, 2010
BRETT SHEPHERD wrote:
<quoted text>
And you opinion does matter? Ultimately no one's opinion on this forum matters, but I laugh when you good folks in hell town, get all offended when someone has an opinion of your town. I guess all of us that dont live in Long Beach should worship you because you live in California and the rest of us don't.
Atlanta does have a local paper and funny thing about it is, sometimes people from out there make comments as well. Go figure.
My opinions about Long Beach are out of frustration for a city I grew up in and called home. I hate to see what it has become and I feel bad for the citizens that can't even enjoy a night out on the town without worrying if they will be attacked.
Some peoples opinions matter more than others....non resident, your's matters less. There you go. I grew up here and still call it home, it's a great place to live...it does have it's problems, but what cities don't. Who said anything about worshipping Californians, I just think it's lame you bash your old city.
REST IN PEACE

Ojai, CA

#29 May 17, 2010
I DON'T KNOW IF THIS ARTICLE IS ABOUT WILLIE G. FROM LONG BEACH. BUT, IF SO R.I.P. WELL FOR THAT MATTER WHOEVER THIS IS ABOUT R.I.P. IF ANYONE KNOWS THE NAME OF THE MAN THAT DIED ON MLK (THE MAN IN HIS 30'S) PLEASE LET ME KNOW.. THANKS.. IT IS SO SAD.. THIS VIOLENCE ON YOUNG BLACK MEN.. GOD BLESS ALL OF THEIR SOULS. I PRAY THAT THIS WAKES PEOPLE UP... ALL OF THIS VIOLENCE IS TEACHING OUR YOUTH THAT THIS IS ALL THEY HAVE TO LOOK FORWARD TO IN LIFE INSTEAD OF A LIFE OF SUCCESS AND HAPPINESS..
Cool and cloudy

AOL

#30 May 17, 2010
REST IN PEACE wrote:
I DON'T KNOW IF THIS ARTICLE IS ABOUT WILLIE G. FROM LONG BEACH. BUT, IF SO R.I.P. WELL FOR THAT MATTER WHOEVER THIS IS ABOUT R.I.P. IF ANYONE KNOWS THE NAME OF THE MAN THAT DIED ON MLK (THE MAN IN HIS 30'S) PLEASE LET ME KNOW.. THANKS.. IT IS SO SAD.. THIS VIOLENCE ON YOUNG BLACK MEN.. GOD BLESS ALL OF THEIR SOULS. I PRAY THAT THIS WAKES PEOPLE UP... ALL OF THIS VIOLENCE IS TEACHING OUR YOUTH THAT THIS IS ALL THEY HAVE TO LOOK FORWARD TO IN LIFE INSTEAD OF A LIFE OF SUCCESS AND HAPPINESS..
Much of the violence "on young black men" is perpetrated BY young black men. You can't solve one without dealing with the other.
Big Eddie Fregosi

Irvine, CA

#31 May 17, 2010
glenn in LB wrote:
murder? gang related? Say it aint so, we all know murders in long beach are all church related, they must have been off key in choir practice. and we pay these idiots on the police force to make these stellar observations. I bet it took at least 20 of them on overtime to figure it out.
i agree! we must stem the rising tide of chuch related crimes!!! the outright stealing from hard-working people and the ridiculous notion of not paying taxes must end!!! even Jesus paid taxes! look it up in the bible! albeit, he did alot of work under the table...
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#32 May 17, 2010
Cool and cloudy wrote:
<quoted text>
Much of the violence "on young black men" is perpetrated BY young black men. You can't solve one without dealing with the other.
Cool and cloudy.

We should wish those who try, "Good Luck!"

Ronald
Jazzlyn

Long Beach, CA

#33 Mar 11, 2013
It really bothers me that the city and neighborhood I lived in since I was five years old is becoming so horrible. The people moving over here are bringing their ghetto don't care antics over here and turning this city for the worst. I have never heard gun shots until now. If you have the time to shoot somebody, you should put that same effort into finding a job and getting an education.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Paltrow and Jolie accounts may have sealed Wein... 19 min hollywood prositu... 19
Proposed Montebello sales tax measure will rais... 2 hr No Trust in City 4
Councilwoman Vanessa Delgado Attempted to Extor... (Jun '16) 2 hr Recall Jack ASAP 26
Weinstein has a right to pleasure himself where... 3 hr Brooks 1
News Pet owners now facing $100 fines for barking dogs (May '10) 4 hr Xanthippe 12
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 9 hr Pedro 21,284
No on Measure S 11 hr Interesting 19

South Pasadena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Pasadena Mortgages