Latest Long Beach murder believed to ...

Latest Long Beach murder believed to be gang-related

There are 28 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from May 6, 2010, titled Latest Long Beach murder believed to be gang-related. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

Police are investigating the city's third homicide in as many days, and the second believed to be tied to gang violence.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BRETT SHEPHERD

Wayne, PA

#2 May 7, 2010
anyone want to blame blacks for this one yet?

Just another great day in hell on earth.
Go away

Seal Beach, CA

#3 May 7, 2010
BRETT SHEPHERD wrote:
anyone want to blame blacks for this one yet?
Just another great day in hell on earth.
You don't live in the area, why are you trying to stir up racial strife? Just go away Brett Shepherd from Philadelphia, PA!
Gang Related

Redondo Beach, CA

#4 May 7, 2010
In this hood, if it wasn't gang related, that would be news.
OnTheScene

Long Beach, CA

#5 May 7, 2010
if the Long Beach Police Department would of not been asking the victim questions and rushed him to the hospital, he might of survived.They in a way prevented him from living.
OnTheScene

Long Beach, CA

#6 May 7, 2010
sh*t..all you people might have your opinions and talk smack all you want, but you people never lived in that area and dont know the people that live there..only if you knew...the world you live in compared to ours is very different...everyone in that community has grown up together and knows each other like a brother...And in this case the victim who i personally knew was not a gangmember...R.I.P My Boy Never Forgotten....
Rob

Las Vegas, NV

#7 May 7, 2010
Reading the most recent headlines of my hometown is very disturbing. Residents in the near future may feel more comfortable carrying firearms and wearing bulletproof vests.

These stories sound more like the dangers in the middle east; not Long Beach!
LBC Resident

Seal Beach, CA

#8 May 7, 2010
Rob wrote:
Reading the most recent headlines of my hometown is very disturbing. Residents in the near future may feel more comfortable carrying firearms and wearing bulletproof vests.
These stories sound more like the dangers in the middle east; not Long Beach!
Long Beach is a war zone!

http://www.crimereports.com/map...
glenn in LB

AOL

#9 May 7, 2010
murder? gang related? Say it aint so, we all know murders in long beach are all church related, they must have been off key in choir practice. and we pay these idiots on the police force to make these stellar observations. I bet it took at least 20 of them on overtime to figure it out.
Icouldusesomehel p

La Habra, CA

#11 May 7, 2010
IT'S THE SCANDINAVIANS!

"Ya eh, vee vant to kill effer vee vone. Vee haf gangs, yu no, ve vill kill efferie von ya no eh?

Scandinavians rule!
Sad

Encino, CA

#12 May 8, 2010
The sad thing about Long Beach is, most gang related shootings are inter-racial. Even if you dont bang, if you are of the race that the other gang is warring with, you will get smoked.
LB Residente

Hacienda Heights, CA

#13 May 9, 2010
The new chief of police promised camaras in areas where high level of shootings are happening. I guess, the monies will go to revamp Pine Ave before this happens.If this same crime wave was happening in Bixby Knolls or Belmont Shore, both in LB, the reaction would be immediate and you would find camaras at every angel.

I guess its Long Beach way to address the bad seeds; let them kill each other. Sad Day in a beautiful city.
Sad

San Jose, CA

#14 May 9, 2010
OnTheScene wrote:
if the Long Beach Police Department would of not been asking the victim questions and rushed him to the hospital, he might of survived.They in a way prevented him from living.
I do agree the ambulance took way to long to get there
Sad

San Jose, CA

#15 May 9, 2010
ignorants said wrote:
entre menos burros mas elotes
. Pues as de estar ambriado
ANON2

Oxnard, CA

#16 May 9, 2010
Sad wrote:
<quoted text> I do agree the ambulance took way to long to get there
How is the ambulance taking way too long to get there the police department's fault? I can all but guarantee the ambulance was dispatched to the scene before the police even arrived.

If the police don't ask questions at that very moment, they may never get the chance to ask the questions. Then everybody would be up in arms because the police can't figure out who did the shooting.
Hmmm

Los Angeles, CA

#17 May 9, 2010
I wonder how bad my blocks going to get once they build those projects on Magnolia and 16th. I have my guns ready.
tere long beach

South Gate, CA

#19 May 10, 2010
sad to know these young guys are loosing the battle on the streets
tere long beach

South Gate, CA

#20 May 10, 2010
OnTheScene wrote:
****..all you people might have your opinions and talk smack all you want, but you people never lived in that area and dont know the people that live there..only if you knew...the world you live in compared to ours is very different...everyone in that community has grown up together and knows each other like a brother...And in this case the victim who i personally knew was not a gangmember...R.I.P My Boy Never Forgotten....
is the victims name mauricio i belive this was a friend of my son
when he was younger he lived with his grandma let me know if this is correct !
BRETT SHEPHERD

Wayne, PA

#21 May 10, 2010
Go away wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't live in the area, why are you trying to stir up racial strife? Just go away Brett Shepherd from Philadelphia, PA!
No I actually live in Atlanta, for some reason the press telegram has me in Philly.
Now as far as not living in the area, no I don't anymore, but I did grow up there and I know the area very well. So there you have it "GO AWAY".
Wise Guy

Los Angeles, CA

#22 May 10, 2010
Damn its really breakin my heart seeing how our fellow citizens of this country are so drawn to gang culture. Those of you criticizing these gang members please dont be so acrimonious. A large proportion of the youth of today are sleeping and it takes harmonious effort of the citizens to wake them up before they die in their sleep. We cant strap up and go at it against gang members or give them the death penalty to make things better. Fighting fire with fire just grows the fire. We should be reaching out to the youth and offer them the best opportunities we can to turn them away from gang violence. Increase the peace and love, that's the only way you can take a step forward to a better world.
Wrigley Gal

Long Beach, CA

#25 May 10, 2010
There seems to be a serious uptick in gang related homicides lately. But, it is not in all of Long Beach. The gangs know where they can get away with their antics. You don't see them shooting folks in Belmont Shore. If neighbors in a particular area want to get rid of crime, they need to grow a pair and start a Neighborhood Watch. Looking the other way will only perpetuate the problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Scam hits Calvary Chapel Chino Hills hard (Jan '10) 23 min Mom2 326
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 9 hr Terrance 20,919
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) 9 hr Rene Rio 4,529
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 13 hr Sport phartz 32,812
News ICE agents arrest illegal immigrants at courtho... 13 hr spytheweb 6
MUSD Corruption 16 hr Corrupt Montebello 2
News Girl who came to U.S. illegally can't get loans (May '10) 21 hr tellinitlikeitis 3,236

South Pasadena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Pasadena Mortgages