Woman Killed In 210 Freeway Accident In Arcadia

Sep 29, 2007 Full story: KCBS-TV Los Angeles 21

ARCADIA, Calif. A woman was killed in a crash on the eastbound Foothill Freeway in Arcadia, a California Highway Patrol officer said. via KCBS-TV Los Angeles

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Levonna Shapiro

San Diego, CA

#1 Sep 30, 2007
Her name was Reia Shapiro. We are trying to determine if in fact it was a hit & run, after she exited the vehicle from an accident, in which she hit the center divered. If you have any information are details, please contact me at arttworld@aol.com
david ellsberry

Montebello, CA

#2 Oct 2, 2007
Ms. Shapiro,

My fiance and i drove past the car accident when the coroner's van was there on the 210 freeway. We are both so deeply affected by thinking about how awful it must have been for the person who died( now we know it was Reia because of your posting.), for all the people who must have been waiting for her to come home(family, friends.), but she wouldn't ever make it home. It makes us feel so sad for your loss, i'm sure you know that she did go home to be with the Lord Jesus Christ our Father. You and your family is and will remain in our thought's and prayers, may God be with you all, i Pray you feel the Lord's Loving Spirit soothing everyone to help get through this tragic loss as well as bless you all with strength to deal with all of your grief. We will also pray that you find all the answer's you deserve to find out, as well as the horrible rotten evil person that would hit someone and so coldly just leave the scene. God Bless You all, we feel for you wholeheatedly.

Love,

DAVID ELLSBERRY AND CHRISTINE HA
DUARTE, CA. 91010
levonna shapiro

Orange, CA

#3 Oct 3, 2007
this was in fact a hit and run. we are told she exited the vehicle on her own and was struck by several vehicles. the vehicles never stopped. this is a hit and run. please contact us if you saw anything.

levonna shapiro

Orange, CA

#4 Oct 3, 2007
if anyone has any information about the hit and run involving reia shapiro on the 210 freeway early saturday please cotact us. at arttworld@aol.com and mocha143xo@yahoo.com. please any witnesses.
DAVID ELLSBERRY

Montebello, CA

#5 Oct 3, 2007
Levonna,

I wish we were there 4 hours earlier, but we didn't drive by until around 7am on the eastbound side of the 210. Please keep us posted about what the police find out, and also if you would be so kind to let us know the funeral info. Thank you and God bless all of you. We will continue to pray for all of you as well as Mr.Purify her boyfriend from the Nebraska Cornhuskers. Take care,

DAVID ELLSBERRY
Art

Tucson, AZ

#6 Oct 4, 2007
There will be a memorial held for Reia on Saturday at Pasadena City College. I am not certain of the time it will take place. I will post the time as soon as I get confirmation.
Best,
yolonda

Petersburg, VA

#7 Oct 9, 2007
Reia was not only my friend, but a sister that i never had. The family as well as many friends that Reia have deserves to know the truth and get some closure. I will help out as much as I can, but to others, think if this someone you were close to would you want the public help?
Lawrence

United States

#8 Sep 16, 2008
My buddy was the one that hit her, she was standing in front her car with the lights off in the car pool lane facing the center divider. My buddy and his boss stayed at the scene for about 5 hours talking with the cops.
Lawrence

United States

#9 Sep 16, 2008
Just to be clear I'm not positive if he was the first to hit her or not. I'm very sorry for your loss, but at the same time I'm glad my friend is ok.
Eddie

Duarte, CA

#10 Mar 31, 2009
:(
Alex

San Jose, CA

#11 Jan 25, 2010
I passed this horrific site before there were any emergency responders on site. I only saw a truck pulled over with a man on the phone when I came upon debris in the freeway. I saw the person in the road and this person appeared to have been struck multiple times while lying near the lines between the fast lane and next lane to the right.

Cars were still coming at full speed and were breaking hard upon coming upon debris and seeing the body. 911 was busy and I'm sure many people were calling. Despite being so late into the night, traffic was fairly consistent.

I'm not sure what happened leading up to this person being struck, but I've often wondered after seeing the scene what I would do if my car was disabled on the inside lane of the freeway.

Unless there is sufficient shoulder, I would stay inside the car with hazards on and wait/call for help.

My sincere condolences to the family of this person.
levonna

San Diego, CA

#12 Aug 30, 2010
Lawrence wrote:
Just to be clear I'm not positive if he was the first to hit her or not. I'm very sorry for your loss, but at the same time I'm glad my friend is ok.
Im confused!!!we havent had any closure to finding the first person who hit my little sister.Why would you say your friend saw her standing in front of her car and then say you dont know if he was the first to hit her.How could he see her standing if he wasnt the first to hit her???please respond with some more info
GodSon

United States

#13 Feb 14, 2011
The CHP, officer investigating this fatal accident basically did nothing and did not follow-up on leads items recovered from the scense, witness; etc. Bottom line they did not care or exhibted preferential treatmeant for unknown reasons. Investigation report was not thoreau, basically water under the bridge. So we let it rest in Gods, hands because he sees all. I pray that those involved don't experience the same situation with themselves are a loved one. I also pray that the officer and others involved repent with the lord before passing. His wrath is something that know man on earth could even fatham!! Let this stand as my testimony to God, in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen!!
david e

Glendora, CA

#14 Nov 4, 2012
LEVONNA,
I JUST READ THE COMMENTS FROM LAWRENCE AND CAME TO THE SAME CONCLUSION AS YOU DID. IF HIS "FRIEND" WAS THE FIRST TO HIT HER OR NOT???? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? HE JUST ADMITTED THAT HIS " FRIEND" SAW HER STANDING IN FRONT OF THE CAR WITH THE LIGHTS "OFF". IS THIS FRIEND REALLY HIM??? IT'S BLATANTLY OBVIOUS THAT HE TOTALLY GAVE AWAY WHAT HAPPENED AND WHO DID IT. I HOPE YOU HAVE KEPT PRESSURE ON THE POLICE AND KEEP PUTTING MORE PRESSURE ON THEM TO CHECK THIS GUY OUT. IF THEY WONT DO ANYTHING, CONTACT THE LOCAL NEWS STATIONS TO INVESTIGATE THIS WHOLE THING. IF THEY WONT, CALL THE DAY TIME TALK SHOWS. THIS SEEMS TO ME AN ALCOHOL RELATED D.U.I CRIME. MOST PEOPLE DRIVING AT THAT TIME OF NIGHT ARE MORE LIKELY TO HAVE BEEN DRINKING ESPECIALLY WHEN SOMEONE LEAVES THE SCENE BECAUSE WITH ANY ACCIDENT INVOLVING A DEATH, THE COPS AUTOMATICALLY PERFORM BLOOD TESTS OR AT LEAST A BREATHALYZER. IM POSITIVE THE MEDIA WOULD BE INTERESTED IN YOYR STORY. YOUR SISTER A BASKETBALL PLAYER.IN COLLEGE DATING A STAR FOOTBALL PLAYER AT NEBRASKA. MAY THE LORD DIRECT YOU TO FINDING OUT THE TRUTH AND FINALLY RECEIVING JUSTICE FOR REIA. GOD BLESS YOU, THIS HAS BEEN AND ALWAYS WILL BE A HORRIFIC SAD MEMORY THAT I THINK ABOUT OFTEN, PLEASE KEEP ME POSTED ON WHAT HAPPENS. THANK YOU...
DAVID E.
levonna

United States

#15 Jan 12, 2013
Thanx for the advise, david! Just saw your post..
levonna

United States

#16 Jan 12, 2013
David, just realized you were the original person that wrote from the beginning. Would like to speak to you sometime about what your saw if anything. Thanx
david e

Glendora, CA

#17 Jan 20, 2013
levonna wrote:
David, just realized you were the original person that wrote from the beginning. Would like to speak to you sometime about what your saw if anything. Thanx
Levonna, I will never forget your tragic loss of your sister Reia. I check back on this site as much as I can, to check to see if you received justice. I'll try to help anyway I can. Look me up on facebook, I don't want to post my cell digits publicly. Search for me at.
David Ellsberry
Send a friend request and we'll get in touch like that. I don't have the smoking gun, but I strongly believe in my instincts, the highway patrol or whoever handles hit and runs, needs to be awakened to open the case back up. Talk to you soon.
Sincerely,
David Ellsberry
Coach Smith

Covina, CA

#20 Apr 8, 2013
I will never recover from this tragedy! I try to get beyond it but it's impossible. Reia was the greatest kid! One of my favorite players of all time! She was a wonderful person who made the lives of other better. I try to be like Reia as much as possible. She was so special!!!!!!!!!!
levonna

United States

#21 Apr 12, 2013
That's was so sweet coach..she was a special even as a child..miss her all the time..life not quite the same..
Patricia

Chula Vista, CA

#22 Aug 30, 2013
levonna wrote:
Thanx for the advise, david! Just saw your post..
I wasn't there when the accident happened. You guys are jumping to conclusions because you want closure. The guy Lawrence did not say if His friend hit your loved one physically or the car that caused the accident. Take that into consideration.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LA Earthquake Prediction November 2014 25 min Rainbows 3
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr Chuck 19,382
Maclaren Hall childrens center or juvinile center (Dec '10) 4 hr scotness 129
Voto Latino: African Americans and Latinos Unit... (Mar '12) 8 hr lmer 942
Boy released in San Bernardino triple shooting ... (Nov '09) 9 hr Jay 7
Faking it the green way: Artificial grass looks... (May '09) Oct 4 Ricardo 16
Police: 2 South Pasadena Students Planned High ... Aug '14 MIKETOUHY 3

South Pasadena News Video

South Pasadena Dating
Find my Match