'Thor' fans protest black actor

Mar 8, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CANOE

Idris Elba as Heimdall in "Thor." LOS ANGELES - When Kenneth Branagh cast Idris Elba as Heimdall in the upcoming summer movie "Thor," some fanboys furiously insisted it was wrong for a black man to play a Nordic god often described as "the whitest of the gods." Fumed one fan in an online foum: "This PC crap has gone too far! Norse deities are not ...

Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Mar 13, 2013
Idiots

Lindsay, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2011

Can't they just put makeup on the dude?
Actor

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2011

Idiots wrote:
You mean like Al Jolson?
THOR

Palmdale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2011

Since: Sep 10

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2011

Idiots wrote:
Sure they can, only if a white guy can be made up in black face for a movie. The Racists Al Sharpton and Jessee Jackson would be fine with that im sure
Jerry

Piscataway, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2011

Judged:

Hollywood is full of nitwits anyway. Who cares?

http://newsviewstattoos.blogspot.com/
South Bay Native

Downey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2011

Last Screenname Left wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure they can, only if a white guy can be made up in black face for a movie. The Racists Al Sharpton and Jessee Jackson would be fine with that im sure
Already been done by Robert Downey Jr in Tropic Thunder. Al and Jesse said nothing and the movie is pretty funny.
lastoutlaw

Studio City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2011

Judged:

South Bay Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Already been done by Robert Downey Jr in Tropic Thunder. Al and Jesse said nothing and the movie is pretty funny.
Don't forget Gene Wilder in 'Silver Streak'.

'I can't pass for Black!'
normal guy

Olympia, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2011

Since there is such thing as a channel for black people (BET) than i think its ok to use a white guy and stay accurate to the comic books and enroll a white guy for this part. There is nothing racist about being accurate. George washington should be played by a white man...i would protest if they didnt since it is a fact that he is white. Read the comics of thor and you will see he is white.
anonymous california

Hillsboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2011

I saw something on TV the other day, a preview during commercials, about the movie and it looked pretty clear that the lead actor playing Thor is a white man. By the gods! But I don't know about the size of his magic hammer. Hopefully he knows how to wield it.
South Bay Native

Downey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

normal guy wrote:
Since there is such thing as a channel for black people (BET) than i think its ok to use a white guy and stay accurate to the comic books and enroll a white guy for this part. There is nothing racist about being accurate. George washington should be played by a white man...i would protest if they didnt since it is a fact that he is white. Read the comics of thor and you will see he is white.
Dude, in all honesty, how are you going to compare a REAL American hero like George Washington, to a fake Nortic god?
Konrad

Valley Heights, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

South Bay Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert Downey Jr isnt white, he is a jew.
Ron

Orange, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Konrad wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert Downey Jr isnt white, he is a jew.
Yep! And they're casting Downey Jr as Himmler in "Good Ol' Boys" ( a Nazi drama ) due to come out in 2015.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

The dumb bastards also casted 5'7", 150 lb. Tom Cruise as 6'4", 220 lb. Jack Reacher. This ruined the movie for everyone who had read any of the books.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

South Pasadena News Video

•••
•••

South Pasadena Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

South Pasadena People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE