Deputy killed in motorcycle crash

Deputy killed in motorcycle crash

There are 111 comments on the San Gabriel Valley Tribune story from Mar 8, 2009, titled Deputy killed in motorcycle crash. In it, San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports that:

A 21-year-old of sheriff's deputy and Pico Rivera resident died Saturday after his motorcycle collided with a car, officials said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
uncle_vito

Ontario, CA

#1 Mar 8, 2009
You do not want to see anyone die, but why do they make such a big deal of it if they are a city employee, like a cop. He wasn't even killed while on the job.

What if a garbage man is killed. City going to fall all over themselves for that, too.

Also riding motorcycles is dangerous. Folks who ride know this and accept the risk.

Vito
citizen1

Glendale, CA

#2 Mar 8, 2009
Does the Pasadena Star News not have spell-check on their computers? This article is ripe with errors. C'mon people!!
Cop Supporter

United States

#3 Mar 9, 2009
What do you mean, "Like a cop", "why do they make a big deal". It is because you don't call the garbage man to your house when you need help. You don't call a garbage man when cops are the first responders who enter the front lines and face the very dangers you yourself are not willing to face. I assume that is why you don't wear tan and green or blue and carry a badge and gun, because you rely on the men and women who do wear the uniform proudly and do the dirty work of maintaining public safety, not the garbage man. That is why he is remembered and honored, for his life's choice of protecting and dedicating his life to serving the public, even ignorant guys like you. Rest in peace my brother.
Pico resident

La Habra, CA

#4 Mar 9, 2009
God Bless this man and his family.That's all we need to say about this people,no more.
Nana

Westlake Village, CA

#6 Mar 9, 2009
This is a young man who died. He was just about to start his life. He made the decesion to dedicate his life to protect you and I. I am so sad that this has happen to such a dedicated young man. My heart goes out to his family.
ShamWow

Ventura, CA

#7 Mar 9, 2009
Rest in Peace Brother!
real nice

United States

#8 Mar 9, 2009
uncle_vito wrote:
You do not want to see anyone die, but why do they make such a big deal of it if they are a city employee, like a cop. He wasn't even killed while on the job.
What if a garbage man is killed. City going to fall all over themselves for that, too.
Also riding motorcycles is dangerous. Folks who ride know this and accept the risk.
Vito
so true if it was 1 of us no bid deal
real nice

United States

#9 Mar 9, 2009
Cop Supporter wrote:
What do you mean, "Like a cop", "why do they make a big deal". It is because you don't call the garbage man to your house when you need help. You don't call a garbage man when cops are the first responders who enter the front lines and face the very dangers you yourself are not willing to face. I assume that is why you don't wear tan and green or blue and carry a badge and gun, because you rely on the men and women who do wear the uniform proudly and do the dirty work of maintaining public safety, not the garbage man. That is why he is remembered and honored, for his life's choice of protecting and dedicating his life to serving the public, even ignorant guys like you. Rest in peace my brother.
cops suck
BOB

Los Angeles, CA

#10 Mar 9, 2009
wasn't on duty, and if he was he get's paid by tax dollars anyways, so what's your point cop supporter?
Joe

Downey, CA

#11 Mar 9, 2009
Uncle Vito and real nice are dead on. Shouldn't matter if it was a cop or not. And cops do suck! with this having been a brand new bike, with no plates on it yet, I'd be real curious to know if he took the motorcycle safety course! I know a lot of guys who don't because they're too cool. They teach you in the course that if you're involved in an accident, you are ALWAYS partially to blame, even if someone runs a red! As bikers, we have to make up for other people's stupidity.
Tom Joyce

San Jose, CA

#12 Mar 9, 2009
My sincere condolences to his friends and family. Please be careful when operating a vehicle around the motorcyclists. They are extrememly vulnerable .
May he rest in peace and perpetual light shine upon him.
real nice

United States

#13 Mar 9, 2009
Joe wrote:
Uncle Vito and real nice are dead on. Shouldn't matter if it was a cop or not. And cops do suck! with this having been a brand new bike, with no plates on it yet, I'**** be real curious to know if he took the motorcycle safety course! I know a lot of guys who don't because they're too cool. They teach you in the course that if you're involved in an accident, you are ALWAYS partially to blame, even if someone runs a red! As bikers, we have to make up for other people's stupidity.
thank you
Marlena

Pomona, CA

#14 Mar 9, 2009
So tragic - This young man only 21 was already a Sheriff's Deputy - most 21 year olds are still living with Mommy and smoking pot all day.
real nice

United States

#15 Mar 9, 2009
Marlena wrote:
So tragic - This young man only 21 was already a Sheriff's Deputy - most 21 year olds are still living with Mommy and smoking pot all day.
smoking pot all day and crack lol lol not true cops smoke pot to assssssssss
real nice

United States

#16 Mar 9, 2009
Marlena wrote:
So tragic - This young man only 21 was already a Sheriff's Deputy - most 21 year olds are still living with Mommy and smoking pot all day.
thats why cops take are pot and smoke it or sell it
a sadend cousin

El Monte, CA

#17 Mar 9, 2009
uncle_vito wrote:
You do not want to see anyone die, but why do they make such a big deal of it if they are a city employee, like a cop. He wasn't even killed while on the job.
What if a garbage man is killed. City going to fall all over themselves for that, too.
Also riding motorcycles is dangerous. Folks who ride know this and accept the risk.
Vito
First of all he is a Deputy Sheriff there to serve and protect jerks like you. He acomplished more in his short life than you ever will. He was a great person with a giant heart. Dont respond to things you dont know. My cousin was so great Im sure he will forgive you and all the heartless people making rude comments. Didnt your mom ever teach you if you dont have anything nice to say then dont say anything at all. oh ya, to all you cop haters dont call 911 when your in need!!!!
a sadend cousin

El Monte, CA

#18 Mar 9, 2009
Tom Joyce wrote:
My sincere condolences to his friends and family. Please be careful when operating a vehicle around the motorcyclists. They are extrememly vulnerable .
May he rest in peace and perpetual light shine upon him.
Thank You. Please pray for us and for his brother that was on the bike with him.
a sadend cousin

El Monte, CA

#19 Mar 9, 2009
BOB wrote:
wasn't on duty, and if he was he get's paid by tax dollars anyways, so what's your point cop supporter?
It doesnt make it hurt any less that he wasn't on duty. And yes he gets paid to protect heartless people like you.
Martina McSorley

Los Angeles, CA

#20 Mar 9, 2009
Let us hope they do not do the full-blown funeral boondoggle in downtown LA for this guy. Nothing says "We don't care about you" quite like inconveniencing many thousands of your fellow Angelenos by blocking traffic at rush hour.
Joe

Downey, CA

#21 Mar 9, 2009
All cops are scum, but LA Cty sheriffs are the worst! Protect & serve, my butt! 1 in 10 is a good guy, trying to make a difference. The rest are scum. The odds are against him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
RON Calderon will plead GUILTY Friday! 39 min Truth Squad 4
Leash your dog David Armenta! (Mar '10) 3 hr I know You David ... 13
News Clinton campaign hits Trump for seeing Brexit a... 4 hr Chilli J 56
Councilwoman Vanessa Delgado Attempted to Extor... 9 hr Truth Squad 7
Montebello unprepared 9 hr Reality 3
Montebello City Council 10 hr Reality 9
Poll Did God Intend For The Races To Be Separate? (Sep '12) 10 hr Jls 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Pasadena Mortgages