Pasadena High student collects signat...

Pasadena High student collects signatures to save her music tea...

There are 147 comments on the Pasadena Star-News story from Apr 23, 2010, titled Pasadena High student collects signatures to save her music tea.... In it, Pasadena Star-News reports that:

Pasadena High School teacher Lavone Barnett-Seetal got a huge surprise Friday. She learned that one of her students, Emily Abadjian, collected 1,000 signatures on a petition to save her job as a music teacher at PHS.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pasadena Star-News.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Raymond Rsatch

South Pasadena, CA

#145 May 11, 2010
Lavone Barnett-Seetal wrote:
Furthermore, PUSD music teachers with permanent credentials & CLAD are also losing their jobs. 7 out of 8 music teachers at the secondary level have received layoff notices. Talk to me about your madness and mine...not a friend...and make yourself known. Would love to meet ya...
Your excuse for not earning your credential after 6 years on the job is that other teachers are losing their jobs?

What a poor example you set for students about responsibility.

_Virginia_

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#146 May 11, 2010
Raymond Rsatch wrote:
<quoted text>
Your excuse for not earning your credential after 6 years on the job is that other teachers are losing their jobs?
What a poor example you set for humankind, Raymond Rat.
Lets be civil

San Bernardino, CA

#147 May 11, 2010
No reason to resort to named calling.
Raymond Rsatch

South Pasadena, CA

#148 May 11, 2010
Virginia Olive Hoge wrote:
<quoted text>
What a poor example you set for humankind, Raymond Rat.
Rat? I thought I was your DOGGIE sweet Virginnny?:(:( Boo hoo.

_Virginia_

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#149 May 11, 2010
Raymond Rsatch wrote:
<quoted text>
Rat? I thought I was your DOGGIE sweet Virginnny?:(:( Boo hoo.
You are a rat and a dog, Raymond. Any other questions? ready for the dog park?
Lavone Barnett-Seetal

United States

#152 Apr 9, 2013
I've got a permanent teaching credential now, haters! As a result of Emily's hard work, I remained at Pasadena High School for the 2010-2011 school year on a long-term substitute credential. I left in June 2011 with the intent of not returning due to two reasons. 1. I was facing major surgery that would put me out for 8 months; and 2. I knew that if I had let everyone know I was leaving, students, teachers & parents would be disappointed and I didn't want the program to suffer for lack of support. I am now finishing up my masters program in music education at Azusa Pacific University. A degree program I put on hold for 8 years to teach at PHS. Emily is now a senior at PHS & is currently in the choir program and assisted the director of this year's musical production of "Hairspray." The capable Amanda Hillig has succeeded me as choir teacher and the Choral & Musical theater programs in which I helped to build are yet alive & well.
Lavone Barnett-Seetal

United States

#153 Apr 11, 2013
Raymond Rsatch wrote:
<quoted text>
No bitch, what i was saying was...at the time of the layoffs, having a credential or not didn't matter. Everybody was being laid off, you ignorant bastard. Who taught your dumbass how to comprehend what you read?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How should an angry liberal celebrate the Fourt... 40 min Alt Right Lies 520
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr Reverend Tchurkoff 20,975
Review: Belal Hamideh Law (Nov '16) 7 hr Donna Cook 4
JCS admits scamming Mtb 7 hr settlement??? 11
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 9 hr You Phartz 33,409
News Thousands march in L.A. for impeachment of Trum... 16 hr Maxipad 8
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) 23 hr Lynn 4,551

South Pasadena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Pasadena Mortgages