Chronic Cantina out of Upland site, p...

Chronic Cantina out of Upland site, property for sale

There are 33 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Sep 27, 2009, titled Chronic Cantina out of Upland site, property for sale. In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

A sports bar and grill has moved out of a building on Central Avenue and the property is for sale.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
whitey

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#21 Sep 28, 2009
now where the Fck am i supposed to buy my meth at?
Angela

Woodland Hills, CA

#22 Oct 12, 2009
Actualy, to those who think it was just bad management and ownership, take a look at the big pic! They obviously know what their doing considering theres 28 taco shops and 3 cantinas. Its the sad and thuggish city itself! As I see it, so many people from Upland and near by citys were driving out to Costa Mesa for the Chronic Cantina there. The owners decided to open one in Upland im sure for many good reasons. People wouldnt have to drive such a distance and after having a few drinks. Thats never safe. Its too bad that a nice place was destroyed by the community itself. Thuggish people from YOUR CITY FOLKS!!! Your all obviously not tooo smart or just talk to soon before taking the time to look at the history of the owners. So, Im glad Chronic left that city. Good for them! They dont need to let such a CRAPPY location slow their success down.
Brock

Guasti, CA

#23 Oct 12, 2009
Angela wrote:
Actualy, to those who think it was just bad management and ownership, take a look at the big pic! They obviously know what their doing considering theres 28 taco shops and 3 cantinas. Its the sad and thuggish city itself! As I see it, so many people from Upland and near by citys were driving out to Costa Mesa for the Chronic Cantina there. The owners decided to open one in Upland im sure for many good reasons. People wouldnt have to drive such a distance and after having a few drinks. Thats never safe. Its too bad that a nice place was destroyed by the community itself. Thuggish people from YOUR CITY FOLKS!!! Your all obviously not tooo smart or just talk to soon before taking the time to look at the history of the owners. So, Im glad Chronic left that city. Good for them! They dont need to let such a CRAPPY location slow their success down.
Oh well, their food sucked anyway.
JOSE

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#24 Oct 13, 2009
Angela wrote:
There is only one reason Chronic opened a cantina in Upland (not many reasons as you profess). To make money. Their not opening for community service!
You validate the points others have made but your confused in regards to reality. If they operate 28 shops and 3 cantina's they have some smarts and deep pockets to expand. The owners just took their eye off the ball with management of the UPLAND location. Look at the number of complaints, calls to police for assistance at that location (someone called the police all those times, either Chronic or customers, or bystanders). Any well run business does not have that track record! They fix the problems. They have to look to how the business was being locally managed and operated.

If the owners and local mangement can't control their own business or change it when the cops and city start getting called on a regular basis, they need to find another community more tolerant of that type operation or find new mangement that can fix their problems. They did neither so now their shut down.
Darn, I liked their tequila shooter specials. I'll have to try the Costa Mesa location when I go back to the beach next summer.
upland dude

Los Angeles, CA

#27 Feb 16, 2010
yeah i guess the freeway brought upland some good and some bad. i mean dang i went below foothill and for once i'm just like wow where am i.
David Grant

Las Vegas, NV

#28 Mar 20, 2011
We had a Sneakers in Las Vegas, great place, killer burgers and good people working there. I went to the Sneakers in upland in 1988 and thought it was fantastic. So who said that the place turned into mexico? Is upland all spanish now?
Di mi quendo tu bin das, di mi quendo quendo quendo!
Good bye Sneakers forever, we miss you and you will never be forgotten
Hernandez

Hesperia, CA

#29 Mar 20, 2011
Upland is not all Spanish however similar to Las Vegas you have alot of clubs focussed on a specific niche. Sneakers was a good sports bar, then chronic took over and foucssed on the latina crowd. Nothing wrong with that but the mangement went for volume instead of quality. Let's just say it soon attracted along of problems. There are other clubs in the area with mexican themes or certain nights of the week focussed on latin music. Works out great. Chronic jsut had some chronic mangement problems.
losers magnet

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#30 Mar 20, 2011
Everyone has failed there. Why can't you just go home and drink ? "You have to be around a crowd, meet new people, watch sports ?". Stupid waste of money.
Out and About

Alpharetta, GA

#31 Mar 21, 2011
Losers magnet I always snicker when someone like you state's the obvious. Sure you can stay at home and and not waste money. If your of that mind frame then why go to the park? Why eat out? Why go to church? Why travel on a vacation? Why live in a country with personal freedom's and choices's?
Joseph P

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#32 Mar 27, 2011
Out and About wrote:
Losers magnet I always snicker when someone like you state's the obvious. Sure you can stay at home and and not waste money. If your of that mind frame then why go to the park? Why eat out? Why go to church? Why travel on a vacation? Why live in a country with personal freedom's and choices's?
Most likely because he is too busy working and paying his taxes, paying through the nose for fuel, paying more for everything. Like many others he or she can't afford it. No inflation ? Go fill your tank up and see.
Patrick N

Arcadia, CA

#33 Dec 27, 2011
My band used to play there for years, when it was Sneakers. When it changed to "Jericho's Mile", we played a few times, but it was never the same as Sneakers. Back in the old days, it was like going to a party with a bunch of friends. The place was usually packed, we knew a lot of the customers, we drank with the staff - they were good people. We even had "Pajama parties"!
I miss the old Sneakers. They could have done a better job with customer service - primarily during the day, though. Customers would sit down at a table and, from what I heard numerous time, they would wait for a long time before the waitress would even take their order.
Oh well...glad I have the memories.
Julie

San Diego, CA

#34 Nov 22, 2013
I worked at Sneakers for 13 years. The owners and guests were awesome!!
Good Time, Great Food and one of the First All American Sports Bars in the Inland Empire!!!
Jeff Spicoli

Riverside, CA

#35 Dec 11, 2013
Sneakers had some nice looking servers!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Venice Beach is the best beach in California 21 min actorvet 1
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 33 min NextPharts 33,092
Slop your Hogs real good God!!! 44 min doG mnaDed lyHo i... 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr toby 21,040
News San Bernardino stabbing victim, 16, was L.A. ga... (May '08) 3 hr powerball win 201... 112
court james appearance 3 hr powerball win 201... 1
Monterey Park at Montebellos Mercy BUT 4 hr suzukisamurai 6

South Pasadena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Pasadena Mortgages