Chronic Cantina out of Upland site, p...

Chronic Cantina out of Upland site, property for sale

There are 33 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Sep 27, 2009, titled Chronic Cantina out of Upland site, property for sale. In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

A sports bar and grill has moved out of a building on Central Avenue and the property is for sale.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Brian Hoppie

United States

#1 Sep 27, 2009
It's too bad the owners of the place couldn't re-open as a new version of Sneakers. It used to be that you could see any game you wanted, the staff was the best, and they always let me reserve a room to see the Packer games for friends and family. Since Sneakers went under Upland has lost a top of the line family friendly sports bar/restaurant. Let's hope an enterpreneur with vision has the same passion as those of us who loved Sneakers.
Dick Rockhard

Huntington Beach, CA

#2 Sep 27, 2009
that's true, the owners really F#@!! up this joint, too bad, it could have been one of the best places to hang out in the IE. On the hand, they got what they deserve. With all crap that went down, the attempt murder, the drunks, and the fights, all that could have been prevented if the owners and managers used some common sense. You see, the problems slowly esculated from a few rowdy drunks to attempted murder. The question is: how did the problems get out of control? were the managers doing their job? where was the bouncers? The bartenders and waitresses are also share the blame. i visited the CC several times, and the service could have better, a lot better.
IAmSofaKingWeTod dDid

Glendale, CA

#3 Sep 27, 2009
The I.E. crowd is so rough. Let's hope they dont come to Burbank/Glendale/Pasadena.
Gloria

United States

#4 Sep 27, 2009
Brian Hoppie wrote:
It's too bad the owners of the place couldn't re-open as a new version of Sneakers. It used to be that you could see any game you wanted, the staff was the best, and they always let me reserve a room to see the Packer games for friends and family. Since Sneakers went under Upland has lost a top of the line family friendly sports bar/restaurant. Let's hope an enterpreneur with vision has the same passion as those of us who loved Sneakers.
I totally agree with you I Loved Sneakers!!! I work in Upland and went to lunch and sporting events there for years. I as well as friends were sad to see it go.
Donna

Long Beach, CA

#5 Sep 27, 2009
Loved sneakers great food and good family atmosphere and sports bar
Mad Citizen

Long Beach, CA

#6 Sep 27, 2009
I am glad the city closed it down, I am tired of the USA turning into another Mexico...
MountainMan

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#7 Sep 27, 2009
The problems that surfaced at Chronic Cantina come from just plain greed of owners. Similar to several years ago at Margarita Beach bar in Rancho. Owners try to make the place high volume alcohol hang out. Shooters, 2for1........thats brings fast bucks and dollars. Unfortunately it gets out of control real fast and quickly attracks the wrong clientel, which then spills over outside into the local neighborhood. Some of the best hang outs around offer drink-food at a reasonable price (I did not say cheapest) and quickly develop a loyal clientel, similar to Sneakers. When Sneakers closed I switched to a couple more smaller "neighborhood" taverns. Sorta have the Cheers" envrionment. Does not have the size and sometimes the crowd excitement, but I know there safe, will enjoy myself watching the big games, but will also leave alive.
Eileen

Long Beach, CA

#8 Sep 27, 2009
GOOD JOB CITY OF UPLAND!!!!!! Thank you!
Professor X

La Crescenta, CA

#9 Sep 27, 2009
They have an obviously drug-related name, and nobody expected trouble?

Good job closing it down, Upland.
montclair

Anaheim, CA

#10 Sep 27, 2009
THEY SHOULD CLOSE TEQUILA HOPPERS THAT PLACE HAS A BAD REP FOR ALOT OF DRUG DEALING THATS FIGHTS IN THE PARKING LOT AND THE BOUNCERS THERE ARE ALL COKED OUT ALWAYS TRYING TO PICK FIGHTS WHEN CLOSING.
Start Fresh

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#11 Sep 28, 2009
montclair wrote:
THEY SHOULD CLOSE TEQUILA HOPPERS THAT PLACE HAS A BAD REP FOR ALOT OF DRUG DEALING THATS FIGHTS IN THE PARKING LOT AND THE BOUNCERS THERE ARE ALL COKED OUT ALWAYS TRYING TO PICK FIGHTS WHEN CLOSING.
I don't know about closing them, but cetainly clean up their act so they don't have to shut down like Chronic Cantina! Like already said, these joints try to attrack patrons by offering cheap drinks,theme nights based around drinks AND lots of alchohol,often aimed at the minimum age crowd. Many show up already buzzed before more partying. By end of night they cannot handle themselves and trouble starts. They say "drink responsibly" how about a slogan for club and bar owners, "Serve responsibly". It's the club owners that create the atmosphere and their envirnoment. Hold them responsible and limit their permits or shut them down if they can't run a reasonable business that fits in the community.
thetruthhurts

Los Angeles, CA

#12 Sep 28, 2009
IAmSofaKingWeToddDid wrote:
The I.E. crowd is so rough. Let's hope they dont come to Burbank/Glendale/Pasadena.
It wasn't until the L.A. crowd started moving out here.
Brock

Guasti, CA

#13 Sep 28, 2009
thetruthhurts wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't until the L.A. crowd started moving out here.
ROFL!! You got that right!
Francis

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#14 Sep 28, 2009
Can't eat healthy at the Fair huh?
Guess what, the Fair has always allowed you to bring in your own food. There's some great places to have a picnic if your diet does not tolerate "fair food".
Personally, I just plan my week around my visit to the fair. Eat heathly before and after my visit, and have my favorites the day I go. You just can't eat like your at the fair everyday of you life. It's all in moderation and self control. Got to reward yourself sometimes.
code3girl

Brea, CA

#15 Sep 28, 2009
I think you are rsponding to the wrong story!
Francis wrote:
Guess what, the Fair has always allowed you to bring in your own food. There's some great places to have a picnic if your diet does not tolerate "fair food".
Personally, I just plan my week around my visit to the fair. Eat heathly before and after my visit, and have my favorites the day I go. You just can't eat like your at the fair everyday of you life. It's all in moderation and self control. Got to reward yourself sometimes.
thetruthhurts

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Sep 28, 2009
Francis wrote:
What's that have to do with this article? Is everything okay?
American

Hesperia, CA

#17 Sep 28, 2009
Francis wrote:
Look at this people!!!

Poor Francis spent so much time at the Chronic Cantina smoking the 420 that she can't even focus on what story it is that she is responding to. This in itself should make you pause and realize that a places like Chronic Cantina are damaging our youth.

Francis put the bong down and focus this is not a story about eating healthy at the fair!!
Green Investor

Artesia, CA

#18 Sep 28, 2009
Love the name of this place! I'll buy it if I can open up a MMJ dispensary/operation!
IAmSofaKingWeTod dDid

Glendale, CA

#19 Sep 28, 2009
"It wasn't until the L.A. crowd started moving out here"

I dodn't say L.A. I said Glendale/Burbank/Pasadena
thetruthhurts

Los Angeles, CA

#20 Sep 28, 2009
IAmSofaKingWeToddDid wrote:
"It wasn't until the L.A. crowd started moving out here"
I dodn't say L.A. I said Glendale/Burbank/Pasadena
I read perfectly well what you said, but you commented on the Inland Empire as having a rough crowd and I responded that it was that way because of all the people that moved out here from L.A. Does that make sense now?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Activists Led by Al Sharpton Brave Cold, Rain f... 18 min ThomasA 49
News Montebello housing project still on, despite sale 4 hr montebello dork 1
gudbye to costco 4 hr montebello dork 1
Review: Channel 71 Los Angeles (Feb '16) 8 hr TV Producer 174
News Woman escapes stalled car on tracks in Santa Fe... 17 hr Mr Fabu Whal 3
non question pour nous Tue good job trump hater 1
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Tue Trojan 32,714

South Pasadena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Pasadena Mortgages