Whittier parents at St. Bruno Catholi...

Whittier parents at St. Bruno Catholic School upset after not being told principal had a stalker

There are 819 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Nov 27, 2012, titled Whittier parents at St. Bruno Catholic School upset after not being told principal had a stalker. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

Ronald S. Martinez was arrested and convicted of stalking Catherine Carvalho, the principal at St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

Happy Parent

Los Angeles, CA

#110 Jan 30, 2013
Did you see how happy our children were today playing on the yard; the beautiful grounds of St. Bruno? How lucky we are to belong to a school that promotes the happiness of our children. There were many parents and grandparents who were really enjoyed themselves and that says more than any words in this blog could argue with. Thank you God, for the supportive parents, outstanding administration, and cooperative teachers. Yahooo....keep up the great work. Our kids are happy and learning.
Happy Parent

Los Angeles, CA

#111 Jan 30, 2013
Did you see how happy our children were today playing on the yard; the beautiful grounds of St. Bruno? How lucky we are to belong to a school that promotes the happiness of our children. There were many parents and grandparents who were really enjoying themselves and that says more than any words in this blog could argue with. Thank you God, for the supportive parents, outstanding administration, and cooperative teachers. Yahooo....keep up the great work. Our kids are happy and learning.
You got to be kidding

United States

#112 Jan 30, 2013
Stop being clueless wrote:
<quoted text> Why don't you take your own advise. Parking or driving down the street is not nor has ever been an issue. So now you're telling me a parent is trying to run over kids? Get a clue and stop trying to mask this parking issue with the big picture. The current administration is showing they haven't got a clue what to do or keep kids safe. They have done nothing but cause turmoil. Coming up with ridiculous ideas. I pray common sense will fill their minds.
I don't think he wanted to run over a child, but obviously he wasn't thinking or he wouldn't have been speeding down the street . You people are so out of control that you're NOT thinking. Why don't you just leave since it seems you hate the school, administrator and even the pastor. You obviously have no respect.
Interesting

United States

#117 Jan 30, 2013
Principal Employment Agreement
Performance and Duties
VI. You agree to conduct yourself with due regard to public conventions and morals, and agree not to do or commit any act or thing that will tend to degrade the Principal in society or bring the Principal into public hatred, contempt, scorn or ridicule, or that will tend to shock, insult or offend the community or offend public morals or decency or prejudices, or tend to embarrass the School, the Roman Catholic Church, or the Archdiocese of Los Angeles.
John Concern

Long Beach, CA

#118 Jan 30, 2013
Haha wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like the music teacher... Clueless and can't hold a tune.
Students are happy, they are children but I don't think they are learning much. Majority of the teachers are unhappy. The administration ie. principal, VP, and Pastor are in denial. The grounds are fair to poor. Ms Carvahlo needs to spend some money on new sod and get the blacktop repaved vs purchasing more cameras which are do to be installed shortly
John Concern

Long Beach, CA

#119 Jan 31, 2013
Connie Simons wrote:
I beleive this teacher is/was trying to get back at the school for being asked to leave her employment.
Care about the children I feel she does not ! she cares about creating trouble and to me this does not refect actions of a christian person.
shame shame on you....
Connie she was not asked to leave. She resigned her position giving two week notice. Carvahlo did not honor who two week notice. That is a good business decision on Carvahlo. The fact I'd the teacher resigned because of Carvahlo actions and lack of actions
Happy

Richmond, VA

#120 Jan 31, 2013
Schools and churches don't teach hate. Be gone all you haters and take your hate with you
Happy

Richmond, VA

#121 Jan 31, 2013
Interesting wrote:
Principal Employment Agreement
Performance and Duties
VI. You agree to conduct yourself with due regard to public conventions and morals, and agree not to do or commit any act or thing that will tend to degrade the Principal in society or bring the Principal into public hatred, contempt, scorn or ridicule, or that will tend to shock, insult or offend the community or offend public morals or decency or prejudices, or tend to embarrass the School, the Roman Catholic Church, or the Archdiocese of Los Angeles.
So why don't you also post the guidelines for Parents in the Parents Code Of Conduct?
How "interesting" is that? Something to hide?
Get it Right

Monterey Park, CA

#122 Jan 31, 2013
You got to be kidding wrote:
I can't believe you are upset about not parking on Citrustree St. Give me a break, maybe if you read the school handbook that you signed you would see that you are supposed to pick up your child at the area by the parking lot NOT in front of school. You're not talking about taking more time, it's for the safety of your child, plus it will give you much needed exercise. I'm sure the few people who are so upset are the ones causing all the problems. It would be terrible if a child is hit by a car crossing the street. People think!!!
It appears you don’t know what’s going on. The parents who park in the street and have always parked in the street actually get out of their cars and walk to the parking lot to pick up their kids. Yes, they do get exercise. haha This is not less safe for the children. Their parents walk them to the car. They are not running about freely. There should not be any problem with this practice continuing.
What is interesting is how on earth Ms. Carvalho convinced a former police officer to try to enforce no parking where there are no signs. Why would a former police officer follow this directive? As a former police officer, it seems clear to me she should know the law and should tell Ms. Carvalho that it cannot be enforced. It is simply one more of Ms. Carvalho’s control tactics. Why is the music teacher going along with such absurdness? Does she really want to stand out there arguing with parents? How does Ms. Carvalho take away one’s sense of right and wrong? How does she gather followers such as these two? It is absolutely amazing! She reminds me of Jim Jones. When will Ms. Carvalho look inwardly and realize the error of her ways?
Happy

Richmond, VA

#123 Jan 31, 2013
Get it Right wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears you don’t know what’s going on. The parents who park in the street and have always parked in the street actually get out of their cars and walk to the parking lot to pick up their kids. Yes, they do get exercise. haha This is not less safe for the children. Their parents walk them to the car. They are not running about freely. There should not be any problem with this practice continuing.
What is interesting is how on earth Ms. Carvalho convinced a former police officer to try to enforce no parking where there are no signs. Why would a former police officer follow this directive? As a former police officer, it seems clear to me she should know the law and should tell Ms. Carvalho that it cannot be enforced. It is simply one more of Ms. Carvalho’s control tactics. Why is the music teacher going along with such absurdness? Does she really want to stand out there arguing with parents? How does Ms. Carvalho take away one’s sense of right and wrong? How does she gather followers such as these two? It is absolutely amazing! She reminds me of Jim Jones. When will Ms. Carvalho look inwardly and realize the error of her ways?
Get a life get it right. It's a private school with rules. Get it right or move on...
Comedy Central

Richmond, VA

#124 Jan 31, 2013
Never heard of this school or principal before but want to thank you all for the entertainment. I never saw so much fuss over nothing before. To park on the street or not to park on the street? WOW Such drama you people face on a daily basis. Not sure what all the" red cup" reference is about but sounds like people behaving badly to me. Do any of you idiots writing this crap have jobs or lives? Come on. Give me some more entertainment now that I have put some chum in the water for you. I can't wait to see what you all complain about next. I got one. Maybe coke should flow from all the water fountains. Grow up. Oops. There is more chum for you. Who wants to bite. You are hilarious I wonder who is more mature at your school the kids or the parents. Yum yum. Love me some chum. Bite people bite
You got to be kidding

Glendora, CA

#125 Jan 31, 2013
Get it Right wrote:
<quoted text>
They all know its not against the law but it is against the school handbook you signed I guess you can't read. Did you just put an X for your signature.
KarmalsaBitch

San Leandro, CA

#126 Jan 31, 2013
You people are stupid!! Ms Carvalho is here to stay. Wacky music teacher is here to stay. The bully ex officer is here to stay. Stop wasting your time.
Get it Right

Monterey Park, CA

#127 Jan 31, 2013
Happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a life get it right. It's a private school with rules. Get it right or move on...
Do you understand they ARE following the rules of picking up their children in the parking lot? Why does this anger you so? If you had any sense you would ask yourself why defend such an absurd rule? You might stop and say, yes it is ridiculous. Recently, a police officer in his squad car and full uniform parked in the street to pick up his kids. The music teacher and former police officer told him he could not park there. He ignored them and continued to walk to pick up his kids. They continued to demand that he move his police car! Funny that they had the audacity to yell at a police officer! The sad part is it's so funny it's extremely sad! Now, you get a life and put on your thinking cap and come to see things for what they are. End of discussion.
Comedy Central

Richmond, VA

#128 Jan 31, 2013
Get it Right wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand they ARE following the rules of picking up their children in the parking lot? Why does this anger you so? If you had any sense you would ask yourself why defend such an absurd rule? You might stop and say, yes it is ridiculous. Recently, a police officer in his squad car and full uniform parked in the street to pick up his kids. The music teacher and former police officer told him he could not park there. He ignored them and continued to walk to pick up his kids. They continued to demand that he move his police car! Funny that they had the audacity to yell at a police officer! The sad part is it's so funny it's extremely sad! Now, you get a life and put on your thinking cap and come to see things for what they are. End of discussion.
Let me guess. Your a big Homer Simpson fan. You sound about as smart as he does. Doo! Yum yum. Love me some chum. Ha ha
Current SBS Parent

Norwalk, CA

#129 Jan 31, 2013
Hey Comedy Central, in response to your comment, I think that there are several kids at SBS acting more mature than their parents at this point (this small group knows who they are – the bloody trouble makers). There are parents being overly dramatic, crying in front of everyone, simply acting like fools – it’s bloody hilarious. The principal has way more supporters than this small number of haters, who as you said, simply have way too much time on their hands. And, quite frankly, these haters don't know the first thing about running a school. Oh yea, and many of them profess to be Christians but are very evil liars. The past p[principal let these knuckleheads run the school, after all, they pay tuition (what a joke), and she let the teachers do whatever the heck they wanted and the new principal runs the school, as it should be, and makes the teachers earn their pay - imagine that, actually earning one's pay. Again, most of the families are happy and support the principal and the kids are happy. Can’t wait to see the look on the collective faces of this small hater group in the near future – stay tuned, you think this is entertaining. Oh yea, carnival is coming up soon so come spend some money folks!!!!
Diana

Glendora, CA

#130 Jan 31, 2013
KarmalsaBitch wrote:
You people are stupid!! Ms Carvalho is here to stay. Wacky music teacher is here to stay. The bully ex officer is here to stay. Stop wasting your time.
My daughter has NEVER been a bully but she has always followed the rules whether is the law or the school rules. I guess people like you have no respect for rules. I guess you think your above the rules, it that's the case leave the school so you won't have to follow rules. What a great role model for your child, if you don't like the rules sweetie don't worry mama and daddy said it ok. Think of the example you're sending your child!!!
Comedy Central

Richmond, VA

#131 Jan 31, 2013
This is no fun. The smart people are starting to out number the haters. I can't make fun of the sensible people. Come on haters. I need to hear more from you. How about this...you should demand that your kids be allowed to eat McDonalds food every day for lunch with donuts for desert. Fire the P. E. teacher, exercise is over rated. Lastly you should demand to be allowed to change your kids grades when ever little Johnny or sussie does poorly on a test. Rules are for losers after all right! Demand your rights I say ! Yum yum. Love me some chum
Judgement Day

Los Angeles, CA

#132 Jan 31, 2013
Comedy Central wrote:
This is no fun. The smart people are starting to out number the haters. I can't make fun of the sensible people. Come on haters. I need to hear more from you. How about this...you should demand that your kids be allowed to eat McDonalds food every day for lunch with donuts for desert. Fire the P. E. teacher, exercise is over rated. Lastly you should demand to be allowed to change your kids grades when ever little Johnny or sussie does poorly on a test. Rules are for losers after all right! Demand your rights I say ! Yum yum. Love me some chum
Thank you for adding your perspective to this blog. You made my day.
Mary

West Covina, CA

#134 Jan 31, 2013
Comedy Central wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me guess. Your a big Homer Simpson fan. You sound about as smart as he does. Doo! Yum yum. Love me some chum. Ha ha
What Get it Right wrote was the truth and very articulate. You, on the other hand are mean, nasty, and quite a dufus. Read it again a second time. Maybe you'll understand it then.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 23 min Samuel-7g-Jackson 20,306
News Swastika on black Biola studenta s door brings ... 14 hr Mike Bauteesta Sc... 3
dork striker Fri duuuuhhhhhhhhhhh 3
JRT Show Periscope Fri Scoper 1
Possible coyote in South Pasadena (Jun '08) May 3 ggg 32
News Auditors question South El Montea s relationshi... (Sep '15) Sep '15 concern citizen 1
News How to prepare for a destructive El Nino winter (Aug '15) Aug '15 Le Duped 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Pasadena Mortgages