Whittier parents at St. Bruno Catholic School upset after not being told principal had a stalker

Nov 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Whittier Daily News

Ronald S. Martinez was arrested and convicted of stalking Catherine Carvalho, the principal at St.

Comments (Page 5)

Showing posts 81 - 100 of817
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
John Concern

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

PARENT PRO SAINT BRUNO wrote:
<quoted text>
The last two two Principals left because they moved out of state. The one before that is at St Marrianne and the one before that works for the City of Whittier and left to care for her elderly mother, and before that is a Principal at La Mirada High School. They simply moved on.
The previous two principals were lousy as is Carvahlo. All hand picked by Reardon. The first had no experience as a principal, earned her masters and conveniently left the state. The second was a joke leaves the school mud year. Carval joins us mid year leaving her previous students and parent without a principal. We should be happy she cares for our children more than she cares for her previous children. I'm sure she cares for us more until she feels to take advantage of another community. We are dying from within; watch and learn.
John Concern

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

big sister wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea what you are talking about. Unless you know the truth, shut up: because God is stronger than your evil.
Please share where is the lie in the above statements. I have prayed to God and he has told me to stand strong and fight the evil at Bruno. He said big sis needs help and we should all pray for you. God loves you even though you are ignorant.
Time for change

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Does the school have any authority to legally prohibit me from parking on a public street? Since when does a school principal get to regulate a public street. I will park where I want to park. I will not be controlled by this woman and neither should anyone else. This is getting old people. We need to draw a line in the sand.
Long time Parent

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Time for change wrote:
Does the school have any authority to legally prohibit me from parking on a public street? Since when does a school principal get to regulate a public street. I will park where I want to park. I will not be controlled by this woman and neither should anyone else. This is getting old people. We need to draw a line in the sand.
You are absolutely correct! They have no jurisdiction on where I can park on a public street! I'm with you 100% we need to draw the line!
Current SBS Parent

Alhambra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Wow this is all so mind blowing. Let me start with the knucklehead who goes by the tag, "for the kids." Hey nimrod, a principal's job is to run a school, make sure teachers do their job, ensure safety of the school site, etc. It's not to increase enrollment; the fact that you think that a principal's job is increasing enrollment says you know absolutely nothing about education and running a school.

To the knucklehead complaining that our principal does not want teachers fraternizing with parents that is common practice at all professionally run schools. You are the same person who would sue the school if something happened to your child while hanging out with a teacher and their family. How about you let your child hang out with the teacher whose been seen drinking at a local bar with parents - that's good stuff.

To all you parents who are not happy and feel your child is unsafe, LEAVE!!! Get the heck out and let the rest of us move on. All your destructive crap is doing nothing for the betterment of our children's education. Get out!!! And by the way, you complainers are in the minority as most families are happy. We have a great principal that is a great educator.

You parents pay a few bucks in tuition and think you have the right to run the school? What a bunch of garbage. Sorry to tell you knuckleheads, but you are fighting a losing battle; our principal is going nowhere. You want to see people leave, then watch yourselves as the door gets shut behind you. You are violating our school’s handbook, which you signed by the way, and that is grounds for dismissal. Be careful knuckleheads. When the other shoe drops it’s going to drop hard then it will bounce up and kick you right in your collective behinds.

To Diana, you go girl.

To the person complaining about where they have to park, get your behind out of your car and walk a bit, it might do you some good – safety is the name of the game at a school site, not your lazy self complaining about a few extra steps.

To David, you are a twit. You were more than likely a big nerd growing up who feels a little secure now, gained a few cool friends that you could not get while growing up, have a somewhat decent career, and you're feeling your oats. Problem is anyone with half a brain can size you up in a heartbeat. Why don't you leave first and have your 20 or so follows step right behind you. SBS and parish would be a far better place without you and your knuckleheaded followers (I mean come on, if they're following the likes of you, what does that say about them!).
Handpicked 1

Charleston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Call me a Kool-Aid drinker, if you must, but I'll tell you like it is...my favorite flavor is "Bruno Berry," and I prefer drinking it from a red plastic cup. As one of the "lousy" last two principals, I advise you to stop a moment and consider all that has been said. If you are really set on conducting a witch hunt, why stop at the top? In your eyes Ms. Carvalho may be the most recent "doer of dastardly deeds," but St. Bruno has always been a quirky (occasionally pronounced sinister) little place. Don't get me wrong, the "quirky" is probably what has most endeared the school to me. Over the years SBS has had quite an issue with retaining principals. Part of the trouble is the propensity for the parents to want to dictate the rules and regulations, and since the employees had been given free rein for so many years, they were somewhat intractable, as well. However, the entire cast of characters is what makes St. Bruno School a strangely charming place to be. The parents are wonderful, and terrible, at the same time - "tough as nails" on any given day, but "good as gold" when you need them most. As to whether you should pull your children from the school, or consider enrolling your children in the future...that is obviously entirely up to you. Just keep in mind that thousands of children have graduated from St. Bruno, and done incredibly well in the outside world. They learned a lot about life at St. Bruno - how to act, and how not to act. They remember fondly the fun and friends, as do I. No one is perfect! So, for all of you tuned in to this highly addictive column, day in and day out, keep it all in perspective. And so as to end my diatribe on a high note - as Lent approaches I must tell you - the Fish Fry "is to die for." So go! Have a fish taco, or a clam chowder. Raise your (red) cup high, and toast to the future. Things will settle down eventually, despite the fact that a more-than-likely-disgruntled teacher decided to be a "whistle-blower," and put all of this nonsense into motion. Blessings to ya'll, "conveniently," from South Carolina.
for the kids

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Current SBS Parent wrote:
Wow this is all so mind blowing. Let me start with the knucklehead who goes by the tag, "for the kids." Hey nimrod, a principal's job is to run a school, make sure teachers do their job, ensure safety of the school site, etc. It's not to increase enrollment; the fact that you think that a principal's job is increasing enrollment says you know absolutely nothing about education and running a school.
To the knucklehead complaining that our principal does not want teachers fraternizing with parents that is common practice at all professionally run schools. You are the same person who would sue the school if something happened to your child while hanging out with a teacher and their family. How about you let your child hang out with the teacher whose been seen drinking at a local bar with parents - that's good stuff.
To all you parents who are not happy and feel your child is unsafe, LEAVE!!! Get the heck out and let the rest of us move on. All your destructive crap is doing nothing for the betterment of our children's education. Get out!!! And by the way, you complainers are in the minority as most families are happy. We have a great principal that is a great educator.
You parents pay a few bucks in tuition and think you have the right to run the school? What a bunch of garbage. Sorry to tell you knuckleheads, but you are fighting a losing battle; our principal is going nowhere. You want to see people leave, then watch yourselves as the door gets shut behind you. You are violating our school’s handbook, which you signed by the way, and that is grounds for dismissal. Be careful knuckleheads. When the other shoe drops it’s going to drop hard then it will bounce up and kick you right in your collective behinds.
To Diana, you go girl.
To the person complaining about where they have to park, get your behind out of your car and walk a bit, it might do you some good – safety is the name of the game at a school site, not your lazy self complaining about a few extra steps.
To David, you are a twit. You were more than likely a big nerd growing up who feels a little secure now, gained a few cool friends that you could not get while growing up, have a somewhat decent career, and you're feeling your oats. Problem is anyone with half a brain can size you up in a heartbeat. Why don't you leave first and have your 20 or so follows step right behind you. SBS and parish would be a far better place without you and your knuckleheaded followers (I mean come on, if they're following the likes of you, what does that say about them!).
Thank you for being another wonderful example of what we are dealing with.
Current SBS Parent

Alhambra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

You're welcome "for the kids." For the kids, what a crock! More like "for myself." Perhaps if you had something going on in your life you'd stop with your silly, fruitless movement. Just because you pay a few bucks in tuition does not give you the right to try and run the school. A college degree and teaching credential gives you the ability and right to teach; and an administrative credential, in addition to the aforementioned, gives you the right and ability to run a school.

Do people other than your boss tell you how to do your job? Do people off the street tell you how to do your job? Let's say you work at Wal-Mart as a stocker, not stalker, stocker (see that was pretty good right?), and you are busy one Sunday afternoon stocking the shelves while everyone else is at mass or home watching football and some dude comes up to you and starts telling you how to stock the shelves. How would that work out? After all, you've been trained by the best stocker in La Habra on how to stock shelves; heck you even have a certificate from the 5-hour training you attended and all be darned if this guy is going to tell you how to stock shelves right? Well, take that point and multiply it 20-fold. We are talking about an educated woman who is well trained to do a job, let her do it!!!! After all, she does it really well. But, I’m sure you'd prefer a principal who will let you run the school even though you have no training on how to do so - my advice; stick to stocking shelves.
Maria Perez - eyes open

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

I tried this before, but it seems my post is floating in cyberspace…
No need for name calling and belittling, folks. The truth is, Catherine Carvalho has had a stalker for several decades. While serving as principal at Corpus Christi, nobody there knew. At St. Bruno, she set about implementing numerous security measures, had the staff be on the look-out for the stalker, etc. What she failed to do is notify the parents. They had a right to know. The truth is he was on campus several times for a variety of reasons. At the November meeting, it would have been so much simpler for Ms. Carvalho, Fr. Reardon, and the Archdiocese representative to simply state, right at the onset of the meeting, that they made a mistake in not notifying the parents. This would have lessened the hostility in the room. Instead, they insisted Ron Martinez is not a danger. This truly insulted the parents’ intelligence. There is absolutely nobody who knows what Ron Martinez is capable of doing. Not even that judge. It is impossible to state that he is not a danger. Also, they tried to divert attention away from the subject of the stalker, and their poor decision of not informing the parents, by stating that the original email notification came from a “disgruntled former teacher”. The truth is, what was stated in the email was factual. After the November meeting, one would think Ms. Carvalho would want to lay-low to put the whole thing behind her. Instead, she has created even more hostility as she told teachers they are not allowed to speak amongst themselves, intimidated parents by questioning them, threatening to kick their children out of the school, and demanded to know who the person was who brought the story to the media. Quite some bullying for a 100 pound woman! The truth remains, that the parents had a right to know. If Ron Martinez is not a danger, why does Ms. Carvalho have a personal body guard? Probably, the best thing for everyone would be for the Archdiocese to place Ms. Carvalho in an office job.
Lastly, do your research on stalkers. They are known to lay-low for a while…and then heaven forbid! Really not a good situation!
Crazy

Chowchilla, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Handpicked 1 wrote:
Call me a Kool-Aid drinker, if you must, but I'll tell you like it is...my favorite flavor is "Bruno Berry," and I prefer drinking it from a red plastic cup. As one of the "lousy" last two principals, I advise you to stop a moment and consider all that has been said. If you are really set on conducting a witch hunt, why stop at the top? In your eyes Ms. Carvalho may be the most recent "doer of dastardly deeds," but St. Bruno has always been a quirky (occasionally pronounced sinister) little place. Don't get me wrong, the "quirky" is probably what has most endeared the school to me. Over the years SBS has had quite an issue with retaining principals. Part of the trouble is the propensity for the parents to want to dictate the rules and regulations, and since the employees had been given free rein for so many years, they were somewhat intractable, as well. However, the entire cast of characters is what makes St. Bruno School a strangely charming place to be. The parents are wonderful, and terrible, at the same time - "tough as nails" on any given day, but "good as gold" when you need them most. As to whether you should pull your children from the school, or consider enrolling your children in the future...that is obviously entirely up to you. Just keep in mind that thousands of children have graduated from St. Bruno, and done incredibly well in the outside world. They learned a lot about life at St. Bruno - how to act, and how not to act. They remember fondly the fun and friends, as do I. No one is perfect! So, for all of you tuned in to this highly addictive column, day in and day out, keep it all in perspective. And so as to end my diatribe on a high note - as Lent approaches I must tell you - the Fish Fry "is to die for." So go! Have a fish taco, or a clam chowder. Raise your (red) cup high, and toast to the future. Things will settle down eventually, despite the fact that a more-than-likely-disgruntled teacher decided to be a "whistle-blower," and put all of this nonsense into motion. Blessings to ya'll, "conveniently," from South Carolina.
The last of the red cup people are gone. So no more "Secret Society". Most parent at the school were not apart of pushing out any princlpals from the past, so people need to stop blaming current parents.
You got to be kidding

Paramount, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

I can't believe you are upset about not parking on Citrustree St. Give me a break, maybe if you read the school handbook that you signed you would see that you are supposed to pick up your child at the area by the parking lot NOT in front of school. You're not talking about taking more time, it's for the safety of your child, plus it will give you much needed exercise. I'm sure the few people who are so upset are the ones causing all the problems. It would be terrible if a child is hit by a car crossing the street. People think!!!
You got to be kidding

Paramount, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Ready for Lifetime Movie wrote:
Lets see.....
Ex Carmelite Nun
Boob Job - it's quite obvious
Stalker
Who is the biggest loser here....
Flame this all you want, she has issues, way way prior and beyond what she brought to St. Brunos
. You are a hateful person!! You should leave St Bruno you obviously not a Christian person. What right do you have to write what you wrote. I will pray for your soul because now it in the DEVIL'S hand. Grow up or get out!!
KarmaIsaBitch

Orange, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

OMG, this is HILARIOUS!!! Wait wait wait... I gotta go pop some more popcorn. Don't do anything until I get back. An ex-Carmelite nun with a boob job! LMAO, too much!
Stop being clueless

Irvine, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

You got to be kidding wrote:
I can't believe you are upset about not parking on Citrustree St. Give me a break, maybe if you read the school handbook that you signed you would see that you are supposed to pick up your child at the area by the parking lot NOT in front of school. You're not talking about taking more time, it's for the safety of your child, plus it will give you much needed exercise. I'm sure the few people who are so upset are the ones causing all the problems. It would be terrible if a child is hit by a car crossing the street. People think!!!
No ones been hurt by crossing the street in front of the school. We're all adults and have CA Drivers Licenses plus insurance. We know how to park legally on a public street. Don't need some volunteer telling us how to park. Please use common sense when trying to provide a safer school. This is about someone wanting to control and micro manage the street. Leave that to the city not the staff. Go back and find another solution cause the ones your coming up with are ridiculous.
Stop being clueless

Costa Mesa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

KarmaIsaBitch wrote:
OMG, this is HILARIOUS!!! Wait wait wait... I gotta go pop some more popcorn. Don't do anything until I get back. An ex-Carmelite nun with a boob job! LMAO, too much!
If it annoys you so much then stop replying and your problems will be over. All your doing is string the pot. Please use your words and not acronyms. I don't understand lmao or omg. You youth of today are very lazy!
You got to be kidding

Paramount, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Stop being clueless wrote:
<quoted text> No ones been hurt by crossing the street in front of the school. We're all adults and have CA Drivers Licenses plus insurance. We know how to park legally on a public street. Don't need some volunteer telling us how to park. Please use common sense when trying to provide a safer school. This is about someone wanting to control and micro manage the street. Leave that to the city not the staff. Go back and find another solution cause the ones your coming up with are ridiculous.
You're right I guess we have to wait till a child is hurt or killed to stop parking on the street. I heard about a parent who was approached to not park on the street of course he knew better, after he picked up his child he was so mad he floored his car up the street, not caring about any other child. When are you people going to grow up!!!
John Concern

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

The school is safe, the school has always been safe. Ms Carvahlo unfortunately introduced our school to an unsafe person. She and the archdiocese hid it from us and her previous school. That is the definition of not caring for our children or her previous, bail mid year, children.
Again safety is not the issue. Bruno is now Fort Knox it is safe

The issue is ms. Carvalho lies and covers up. She has lost the respect of her staff And the school is suffering. Teachers are not teaching students are not learning. Bruno is the laughing stock of all LA / OC Diocese schools. Let Carvahlo stay so the archdiocese and Reardon feel as though they did the right thing. Your school is failing and will fail. Be honest with yourselves. If you witnessed this from another school you would say. They are in trouble. Good luck Bruno. Your teachers will do a good job at their next school. Turnover
Stop being clueless

Chowchilla, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

You got to be kidding wrote:
<quoted text> You're right I guess we have to wait till a child is hurt or killed to stop parking on the street. I heard about a parent who was approached to not park on the street of course he knew better, after he picked up his child he was so mad he floored his car up the street, not caring about any other child. When are you people going to grow up!!!
Why don't you take your own advise. Parking or driving down the street is not nor has ever been an issue. So now you're telling me a parent is trying to run over kids? Get a clue and stop trying to mask this parking issue with the big picture. The current administration is showing they haven't got a clue what to do or keep kids safe. They have done nothing but cause turmoil. Coming up with ridiculous ideas. I pray common sense will fill their minds.
KarmaIsaBitch

Orange, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Stop being clueless wrote:
<quoted text> If it annoys you so much then stop replying and your problems will be over. All your doing is string the pot. Please use your words and not acronyms. I don't understand lmao or omg. You youth of today are very lazy!
Well GRANDMA, perhaps you should learn how to spell before you criticize someone for using two of the most popular acronyms on the planet. For what it's worth, you don't "string" the pot, you STIR the pot. The correct usage in this case should have been "stirring the pot". Honestly, I can't understand senior citizens today. Perhaps they should stay off the Internet and stick to playing bingo with the other Depends wearing blue-hairs in hall at St. Bruno's.

By the way, GRANNY, there's a brand new thing called GOOGLE that you can use to figure out what OMG and LMAO mean. Ask your grandkids how to use it. Better yet, ask them what OMG and LMAO mean. I'm sure they could use a good laugh.
Who are you

Chowchilla, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Handpicked 1 wrote:
Call me a Kool-Aid drinker, if you must, but I'll tell you like it is...my favorite flavor is "Bruno Berry," and I prefer drinking it from a red plastic cup. As one of the "lousy" last two principals, I advise you to stop a moment and consider all that has been said. If you are really set on conducting a witch hunt, why stop at the top? In your eyes Ms. Carvalho may be the most recent "doer of dastardly deeds," but St. Bruno has always been a quirky (occasionally pronounced sinister) little place. Don't get me wrong, the "quirky" is probably what has most endeared the school to me. Over the years SBS has had quite an issue with retaining principals. Part of the trouble is the propensity for the parents to want to dictate the rules and regulations, and since the employees had been given free rein for so many years, they were somewhat intractable, as well. However, the entire cast of characters is what makes St. Bruno School a strangely charming place to be. The parents are wonderful, and terrible, at the same time - "tough as nails" on any given day, but "good as gold" when you need them most. As to whether you should pull your children from the school, or consider enrolling your children in the future...that is obviously entirely up to you. Just keep in mind that thousands of children have graduated from St. Bruno, and done incredibly well in the outside world. They learned a lot about life at St. Bruno - how to act, and how not to act. They remember fondly the fun and friends, as do I. No one is perfect! So, for all of you tuned in t
this highly addictive column, day in and day out, keep it all in perspective. And so as to end my diatribe on a high note - as Lent approaches I must tell you - the Fish Fry "is to die for." So go! Have a fish taco, or a clam chowder. Raise your (red) cup high, and toast to the future. Things will settle down eventually, despite the fact that a more-than-likely-disgruntled teacher decided to be a "whistle-blower," and put all of this nonsense into motion. Blessings to ya'll, "conveniently," from South Carolina.
Those of us who are newer parents don't know who you are but you seem to be holding grudges against the parents and staff at St Bruno. Whatever they did to you has no bearing on what is happening now. We were very upset that you called our current situation "nonsense." How dare you! You are not living this nightmare. You think it is fine for a principal to have a stalker and keep that secret from us? These are OUR children and you do not get to decide a crazy man is safe! Sounds like you are part of the "Archdiocese cover up squad" and think it is just find to keep important facts from parents. Interesting that you are so sure the "whistle blower" was wrong and "disgruntled." Typical Archdiocese cover up mentality. If someone brings the truth out in the open you think they are a trouble maker. Well our Church and Catholic schools would a lot safer if we had more of those "trouble makers" to keep things honest and transparent. So stay out of our business. The current principal is way over the top in lying, intimidation tactics, and manipulation and Father is right there with her. So sad and troubling. So in the future we would appreciate you keeping your "cotton pickin' comments" to yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 100 of817
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

South Pasadena News Video

•••
•••

South Pasadena Jobs

•••
•••
•••

South Pasadena People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••