Whittier parents at St. Bruno Catholic School upset after not being told principal had a stalker

Nov 27, 2012 Full story: Whittier Daily News 817

Ronald S. Martinez was arrested and convicted of stalking Catherine Carvalho, the principal at St.

Full Story
big sister

Los Angeles, CA

#62 Jan 28, 2013
SBS Alum - Former Parent wrote:
In a school with young children, transparency is a MUST. This has been handled with an appalling lack of honesty and information. If there is NO problem - welcome the questions and concerns. If there is no danger, lay all the info out for all to see. It's been my experience, that where there is deception, there is a NEED to hide things. I have a long history with this school and church, and have been told that there is so much more info being hidden, all of which, makes it abundantly clear, that this stalker is not "harmless". So sad that this school and parish has come to such a dark place. So sad, that despite a policy of secrecy that led to untold child molestations - that the Church has not learned it's lesson. The children entrusted to you matter MORE than your agenda, or maintaining your authority.
What could be hidden? The darkness comes from parents....The judge ruled on this case, and it's over. Now stop feeding into these sick ideas.
big sister

Los Angeles, CA

#63 Jan 28, 2013
KarmaIsaBitch wrote:
<quoted text>
David, our kids are NOT being stalked. They were NEVER being stalked. Our kids have never been in danger and never will be in danger just because some jackazzz is infatuated with the principal. Stop overreacting and get on with your life.
Geee....I wonder who David is????? David be very careful, slander will come back to bite you.
big sister

Los Angeles, CA

#65 Jan 28, 2013
John Concern wrote:
I agree. Carvahlo left her previous school in the middle if the school year. I am sure that was good for her students to have their leader leave.(Sarcasm). She left because she doesn't care about anyone's children But her own interest, which is fine but don't lie and tell people you care about the children. Why are the children at Bruno special vs the children she left at her previous school?( more sarcasm). Carvahlo is a self centered manipulator. She must go for the well being of the children of Bruno
You have no idea what you are talking about. Unless you know the truth, shut up: because God is stronger than your evil.
SAFETY ANGEL

Santa Ana, CA

#66 Jan 28, 2013
PARENT PRO SAINT BRUNO wrote:
This school is out of control !!!! It's Amazing how one person can single-handedly bring our school down ! It's absolutely tragic !!! Even all you Pro Principal people have to admit our school is a MESS!! People are at each others throats . Our poor kids and teachers are so distracted . Worried about lock down drills , and unreasonable dismissal policies . Ridicules colored badges that really who can keep track? By the way Virtus Trained means what ? You went to a class and saw a movie about molestation ? You could be a child predator and have a Virtus certificate . We have an ex police office in charge of security who has all kinds of rumors floating around about her .I'm sure the school hasn't checked into these rumors . Administration has no right to force their parenting skills on us. We have a right to raise our children the way we see fit . I understand that in school our children need to obey the rules set out for them , but after school is my business . Also Father is being prideful and I frankly find it insulting that emails are being sent out supposedly from him when we all know he didn't write it. Honestly it's all smoke and mirrors , trying to make us forget that the bottom line is Ms. C lied and continues to lie straight to our faces . She tries to sugar coat everything . I don't care how many meetings you have that's not going to change anything in fact I feel they make everything worse. She has brought nothing but problems to our school. We should be more concerned about our children's education then worrying about cameras , buzzers and gates. If your stalker is just a " Nuisance " then why even have a restraining order ? I don't want ANY family to leave . I hope that we all survive this. My family has been attending St. Bruno since 1980 and this is THE WORST it has ever been . They are even telling us that we can't park on the street after school ?The administration is trying to Micro Manage us. The Principal has even gone as far as telling teachers and staff that they aren't allowed to socialize with any parents even if their kids go to the school they aren't allowed to have kids over their house in their cars or even go to any birthday parties . Some of these teachers/ staff have been at St.Bruno for years and are friends with many families outside of school. If I was looking for a school now I would NOT consider St . Bruno !!! If you are rating this school with a 5 star you aren't fooling anyone. None of us are Happy :(
It is so unfortunate how you and so many other have stooped so low as to attack people who have done nothing but try to make the school safer for your children. I wonder when you last seeked God's guidance in your daily life. It's such a shame that you have lost your way as a Christian and setting such horrible example for your children, who are supposed to be attending St. Bruno to receive a faith based education. What happened to your faith? Your actions are clearly tempted by the devil. Do you believe in our God?

May God help you!
big sister

Los Angeles, CA

#67 Jan 28, 2013
SAFETY ANGEL wrote:
<quoted text>
It is so unfortunate how you and so many other have stooped so low as to attack people who have done nothing but try to make the school safer for your children. I wonder when you last seeked God's guidance in your daily life. It's such a shame that you have lost your way as a Christian and setting such horrible example for your children, who are supposed to be attending St. Bruno to receive a faith based education. What happened to your faith? Your actions are clearly tempted by the devil. Do you believe in our God?
May God help you!
Safety Angel...thank you for your input. We must fight by posting truth. Evil is spreading by just a few parents who have very big egos. Pray for their souls!
Diana

Los Angeles, CA

#68 Jan 28, 2013
I'm the mother of the police officer who is being slandered. My daughter was a police officer for 23 years the last 7 as a Sergant. She retired as a Sergant with full pension. It surprised me that people who claim to be Christians and are sending the child to a catholic school to learn Christians values can be so hate
ful and and vindictive. If you are so fearful for your child's safety and have NO respect for Fr. Readon maybe you should find another parish and school to send your child too, or do you just like causing so much drama. I'll sure I'll get hateful comment but don't worry I'll just consider the source. My daughter has been voluntary her time to make your school a better place for your child. SHAME ON YOU !!!!
big sister

Los Angeles, CA

#69 Jan 28, 2013
Diana wrote:
I'm the mother of the police officer who is being slandered. My daughter was a police officer for 23 years the last 7 as a Sergant. She retired as a Sergant with full pension. It surprised me that people who claim to be Christians and are sending the child to a catholic school to learn Christians values can be so hate
ful and and vindictive. If you are so fearful for your child's safety and have NO respect for Fr. Readon maybe you should find another parish and school to send your child too, or do you just like causing so much drama. I'll sure I'll get hateful comment but don't worry I'll just consider the source.
Thank you, Diana! The name Diana, means strength and wisdom. I am so sorry that some very bad parents are slandering your daughter. Together we can fight this evil with the truth and God will win over this evil group of parents. Bless you!
SAFETY ANGEL

Santa Ana, CA

#70 Jan 28, 2013
big sister wrote:
<quoted text>
Safety Angel...thank you for your input. We must fight by posting truth. Evil is spreading by just a few parents who have very big egos. Pray for their souls!
Of course "Big Sister". I want to thank you for your truthful comments as well and recognizing such bad behavior by a few parents. I have never seen such hate by people who have such a vendetta to hurt anyone who stands up for what is truly right in the name of God. I am praying for their souls.

I am also praying for the very wonderful Principal Catherine Carvalho. She was a gift from God and has done nothing but put her heart and soul into making St. Bruno better, putting our Catholic faith first in everything she does. She is a wonderful person and a exemplary principal. The Safety Angel will be watching over her and her St. Bruno children always!!!!
Common Sense

Whittier, CA

#71 Jan 28, 2013
PARENT PRO SAINT BRUNO wrote:
This school is out of control !!!! It's Amazing how one person can single-handedly bring our school down ! It's absolutely tragic !!! Even all you Pro Principal people have to admit our school is a MESS!! People are at each others throats . Our poor kids and teachers are so distracted . Worried about lock down drills , and unreasonable dismissal policies . Ridicules colored badges that really who can keep track ? By the way Virtus Trained means what ? You went to a class and saw a movie about molestation ? You could be a child predator and have a Virtus certificate . We have an ex police office in charge of security who has all kinds of rumors floating around about her .I'm sure the school hasn't checked into these rumors . Administration has no right to force their parenting skills on us. We have a right to raise our children the way we see fit . I understand that in school our children need to obey the rules set out for them , but after school is my business . Also Father is being prideful and I frankly find it insulting that emails are being sent out supposedly from him when we all know he didn't write it. Honestly it's all smoke and mirrors , trying to make us forget that the bottom line is Ms. C lied and continues to lie straight to our faces . She tries to sugar coat everything . I don't care how many meetings you have that's not going to change anything in fact I feel they make everything worse. She has brought nothing but problems to our school. We should be more concerned about our children's education then worrying about cameras , buzzers and gates. If your stalker is just a " Nuisance " then why even have a restraining order ? I don't want ANY family to leave . I hope that we all survive this. My family has been attending St. Bruno since 1980 and this is THE WORST it has ever been . They are even telling us that we can't park on the street after school ?The administration is trying to Micro Manage us. The Principal has even gone as far as telling teachers and staff that they aren't allowed to socialize with any parents even if their kids go to the school they aren't allowed to have kids over their house in their cars or even go to any birthday parties . Some of these teachers/ staff have been at St.Bruno for years and are friends with many families outside of school. If I was looking for a school now I would NOT consider St . Bruno !!! If you are rating this school with a 5 star you aren't fooling anyone. None of us are Happy :(
It has been common practice for years for all schools to restrict outside socializing between teachers and students. It is called LIABILITY. Try running your complaint regarding the restriction of teachers/students socializaing past any school administrator and they will laugh at you.
Common Sense

Whittier, CA

#72 Jan 28, 2013
David wrote:
We need help...
The archdiocese continues to protect the principle and the lies
I don't understand how this one person is more important then all the kids
She is a liability.
I have never heard of a friendly stalker
You also need to turn on your spell checker or get a dictionary. The correct spelling is principal.
SBS Alum - Former Parent

Whittier, CA

#76 Jan 28, 2013
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Freedom of speech works both ways friend. You can't expect to spew trash and not have people respond.
Responding is fine, people should be able to discuss issues. Threatening is NOT fine, and the only peope "spewing" seem to be the ones that are threatening others. Unnecessary and unproductive.
Longtime parent

Whittier, CA

#78 Jan 28, 2013
Carvahlo must go! Now we can't even park on a public street....... Get the hint you are ruining our community
Longtime parent

Whittier, CA

#79 Jan 28, 2013
Someone needs to put a restraining order on this BIG SISTER lady ! I'm more afraid of her than the stalker........ Creepy lady
Big Sister

Los Angeles, CA

#80 Jan 29, 2013
Longtime parent wrote:
Someone needs to put a restraining order on this BIG SISTER lady ! I'm more afraid of her than the stalker........ Creepy lady
Hahaha you scare easily.
Boohoo a little taste of your own hurts diesn't it? Do you think you can threaten the principal to leave a school? this is bullying and not tolerated. Be careful.
Big Sister

Los Angeles, CA

#81 Jan 29, 2013
<quoted text> Ummmm...who ARE you Big Sister, and why are you threatening people on this forum?
I think your confusing threat with good advice. Big Sisters give advice to siblings who are acting badly.
big sister

Los Angeles, CA

#83 Jan 29, 2013
<quoted text> Responding is fine, people should be able to discuss issues. Threatening is NOT fine, and the only peope "spewing" seem to be the ones that are threatening others. Unnecessary and unproductive.
I'm glad you recognize that you are threatening a principal to leave a school. So take your own advice and stop threatening Ms. Carvalho, because that is unnecessary and unproductive.
Common Sense

Whittier, CA

#85 Jan 29, 2013
People please stop these negative postings. They are not productive but rantings that only hurt the children of St. Bruno. You claim to care for the children then do the right thing and stop this!
Diana

Los Angeles, CA

#86 Jan 29, 2013
It's amazing you have no problem using my daughter name yet never use your name. If you really believe what you write why don't you use your name, maybe it's because you just want to cause drama and uproar. It's so sad that you say your doing this for the school but in reality you're only hurting you child. I only hope that you will eventually start acting as Christians and stop this behavior.
for the kids

Whittier, CA

#87 Jan 29, 2013
big sister wrote:
<quoted text>
You must know that you are out of your mind. If families want to leave because they are leaving in a state of fear. Please do. St. Bruno will be better off without you. Truth is; you are not a Christian with empathy. Get a life and stop your negative interactions in the world; especially at St. Bruno. Bye!
It's so sad that you would want a once wonderful community to be broken up and ask families to leave. You must be a new staff member and not have been part of our community when it thrived. Since you are such an advocate of a Christian environment shouldn't you want the community to heal? This situation is so bad it has begun to hurt not only the school but the parish and civic community. You can tell me that I'm out of mind but that doesn't change the fact that there are real problems at our school and it is a toxic environment. If the leadership was doing their job it would not have come to this. A principal’s job is to promote enrollment so you are not helping her by asking families to leave. Don't kid yourself in thinking its a few parents. Just look how many responses you felt compelled to write. Look at all the private meetings you have witnessed. How many parents have you witnessed crying? How many parents have you seen being confronted by the two volunteers on Citrustree road? We should all be asking for prayer and healing not adding to the problem by insulting others. Thank you for being an example and proving my point. Hiding behind God does not make it okay to insult others.
Amazed

Modesto, CA

#88 Jan 29, 2013
big sister wrote:
<quoted text>
Geee....I wonder who David is????? David be very careful, slander will come back to bite you.
obvious friend of Carvalho ( the VP perhaps?)

So it is obvious Big Sister has a big mouth and thinks it is fine to add flippant comments to everyone's postings. Everyone, even you Big Sis honey, have the right to comment. However, Big Sis thinks she can diminish the real concerns of parents by thinly veiled intimidation. There is a major problem at the school with the administration and no matter how many silly remarks she adds to the comments of other, the problem is not resolved. Big Sis is a "Carvalho groupie" for whatever reason....so her comments actually carry no credibility at all. And Big Sis you really should do some legal research and get a clear definition of what constitutes slander before you go around using that threat so freely. Bottom line...Big Sis is nothing but a BIG bag of hot air!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Koyal Group Discounts Blog Tips: Rädda jorden o... 56 min skylarbin 1
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr Lord stuart XXX 19,197
Revised EIR on Montebello Hills Proposal Still ... 3 hr 42 yr North Mtb r... 1
Violinist is hitting all the right notes (Oct '10) 3 hr frang 2
Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 4 hr Downtown News 2,264
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 5 hr Just saying 15,988
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr Trojan 27,333
•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Los Angeles County was issued at September 14 at 9:12PM PDT

•••

South Pasadena News Video

•••
•••

South Pasadena Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

South Pasadena People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE