Whittier parents at St. Bruno Catholi...

Whittier parents at St. Bruno Catholic School upset after not being told principal had a stalker

There are 819 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Nov 27, 2012, titled Whittier parents at St. Bruno Catholic School upset after not being told principal had a stalker. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

Ronald S. Martinez was arrested and convicted of stalking Catherine Carvalho, the principal at St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

Bruno Failed You

Long Beach, CA

#635 Feb 24, 2013
The Gambler wrote:
Over / Under is 3
Families leaving St Bruno
Being kicked out is included in the total
Good Luck to All
I assume that is for the up coming week?

I will take 2 families out
no old school

Whittier, CA

#636 Feb 24, 2013
Catholic Dad wrote:
<quoted text>
This started with faculty, not being professional. Remember when that 1st grade teacher sent out an email to all the parents? That started this sticking mess. The teacher didn't want to work with the principal, but instead started hysteria in our community. There was NO reason to create fear in our community. She's been proven wrong by the judge. You can say that the judge doesn't know what he's doing, but my bet is on a judge, who deals with these issues all the time; NOT on people driven by fear, and have no critical thinking skills.

Your bet is on the judge? The judge that granted the first restraining order? The judge that granted renewing the restraining order? The judge that put him in jail for violating the restraining order? The judge that put the stalker on formal probation and added another victim to the restraining order? Actions speak louder then words!
St Bruno Parent

La Mirada, CA

#637 Feb 24, 2013
Twenty twenty wrote:
How do you stand everyone whispering behind your back at school? I can't imagine that you don't know what people think of you...maybe if you quit being an idiot, you'll be able to redeem yourself (although, the damage is really already done). PS: You look like you've gained some weight lately...stress related???
No stress in my life. I'm up to 125lbs. What are you pushing the scales at?
no old school

Whittier, CA

#638 Feb 24, 2013
Your pathetic wrote:
<quoted text> The principal did say she made a mistake not telling the parents, how many times do you want her to say she's sorry, maybe you should wash your ears. Oh I would hardly call 5ft 2 inches 125 lbs security advisor manly. Maybe you should clean your eyes as well. Don't you have anything better to do with yourself. Get a life.
The principal NEVER said she was sorry.
Catholic Mother

Los Angeles, CA

#639 Feb 24, 2013
Interested wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you have a secret? Who is it? Is it one of your secret friends you talk to in the dark or wheen you are lonely?
Are you continuing your Jr. High bullying mentality? Was the highlight of your life being the leader "popular" girls, so you could pick on others to make yourself feel better? Did you do this to get the attention of the bully football star?
You don't fit the name "Catholic Mother."
Never was a Bully nor was I Popular, but what I am today is the Voice of My Children!!! I can sleep at night knowing that I am a True Catholic with lots of Morals how about Ms. Interested? How many times do you change your name on the blogs putting down the parents & the Well Respected staff? Shame on You & Your ill speaking followers! Maybe you should try answering the questions you asked me and take a good look at Yourself!
Parishioner

Alhambra, CA

#640 Feb 24, 2013
Such glorious malarkey going on at St. Bruno. Methinks Pastor Reardon has a serious problem going on. Where is he again? Caspar Milqutoast walking around.
The Voice

San Leandro, CA

#641 Feb 24, 2013
Catholic Mother wrote:
<quoted text>
Never was a Bully nor was I Popular, but what I am today is the Voice of My Children!!! I can sleep at night knowing that I am a True Catholic with lots of Morals how about Ms. Interested? How many times do you change your name on the blogs putting down the parents & the Well Respected staff? Shame on You & Your ill speaking followers! Maybe you should try answering the questions you asked me and take a good look at Yourself!
you are far from a true catholic. It is you who changes your name with your daughters and or sister. We see through your bs crap you bring on this forum. The admin has lost all respect. You don't have children here, you only get secondhand info. All you spew is hate and never come up with any facts. You are not a part of this school so just go away!
Twenty twenty

Whittier, CA

#642 Feb 24, 2013
Hey, "Your Pathetic"! It's "YOU'RE Pathetic" you idiot! YOU'RE (a) Pathetic speller, YOU'RE (English is) Pathetic, and YOU'RE (a) Pathetic individual but...Jesus loves you and so do I!(Hee hee!)
Fact

United States

#643 Feb 24, 2013
no old school wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep in mind, the principal does not know who signed the petition. The families who were called into the office admitted signing the petition. The principal went after the families who spoke up at the meetings. There are families being called in that didn't sign but because they spoke up the principal is assuming they signed.
get your facts straight the school got a copy of the petition with the signatures.
Parents Matter

Whittier, CA

#644 Feb 24, 2013
no old school wrote:
<quoted text>
Your bet is on the judge? The judge that granted the first restraining order? The judge that granted renewing the restraining order? The judge that put him in jail for violating the restraining order? The judge that put the stalker on formal probation and added another victim to the restraining order? Actions speak louder then words!
Great post, lets stay away from unproductive name calling and finger pointing.

You are right! This stalker is mentally ill and unpredictable. A judge can only work the information he is provided. That's the role of the judge. However, the question is if this guy was no problem why does she continue to have a restraining order against him? That is the issue. The school has to be associated with this stalker while she continues to be on campus. I understand that this must be difficult for her but that's not what these families signed up for or ever imagined. The stalker has exhibited behaviors that indicate that he is unstable and obsessive. That's a fact and the principal has not disputed the details we have regarding his behaviors. That lack of acknowledgement on her part continues to be the issue. All these safety activities don't change the facts. All who support the principal, do you think it's normal to have a restraining order against an individual who is considered "harmless"? Do you think when our children are older they will be able to make sense of why a principal with a mentally ill individual following her around to their school was tolerated? How do you explain why families are removing their children after being there for years? That is what we need to ask ourselves. Please give some coherent, evidenced based responses that help other understand what makes this ok. The current information we have related to this stalker is troubling. Meanwhile, we need our kids to be getting the type of instruction to be ready for high school academically and spiritually. I am a product of a Catholic education all the way through and that is the purpose. That's the objective of this institution. It's to provide our children with the best education possible with the staff and community in concert. Thats what I felt was taking place before. All the recent public relations activities to keep this principal are taking away from that goal and sadly, instruction is not the focus. We need to stick to the issue that started this whole thing-the principal has a mentally ill individual who has been stalking her and has made contact with the school our children attend. This isn't about judging her it is about the fact that she has a stalker.
Fact

United States

#645 Feb 24, 2013
Parishioner wrote:
Such glorious malarkey going on at St. Bruno. Methinks Pastor Reardon has a serious problem going on. Where is he again? Caspar Milqutoast walking around.
No parishioner would show such respect to the pastor of his church. If you really are a parishioner I think you should change churches since you not getting God words here. Shame on you!
Bruno Failed You

Long Beach, CA

#646 Feb 24, 2013
According to the ex nun the stalker did not bother her while she updated Chorpus Christi security in Pacific Palisides. I think if she is concerned about her own safety should go to another coastal school. Apparently the stalker is not a beach guy but since he has family in Whittier and hacienda heights this shows that the ex nun continues to make poor decisions. Go west.
Fact

United States

#647 Feb 24, 2013
Fact wrote:
<quoted text> No parishioner would show such respect to the pastor of his church. If you really are a parishioner I think you should change churches since you not getting God words here. Shame on you!
I was thinking what respect I have for Fr. Readon not the Disrespect you have shown.
Bruno Failed You

Long Beach, CA

#648 Feb 24, 2013
Fact wrote:
<quoted text> No parishioner would show such respect to the pastor of his church. If you really are a parishioner I think you should change churches since you not getting God words here. Shame on you!
Pastors and Bishops make mistake and are very human. They need to show respect to receive respect. They need to stand up for what is right. Don't turn your head when little boys are being RAPED or when your administration is interrogating children then their parents. Wake up you are a sheep to shepherds that prey on children. PROTECT your children and make these people accountable
SB Parent

San Leandro, CA

#649 Feb 24, 2013
Bruno Failed You wrote:
<quoted text>
Pastors and Bishops make mistake and are very human. They need to show respect to receive respect. They need to stand up for what is right. Don't turn your head when little boys are being RAPED or when your administration is interrogating children then their parents. Wake up you are a sheep to shepherds that prey on children. PROTECT your children and make these people accountable
Well said!!
Catholic Dad

Los Angeles, CA

#650 Feb 24, 2013
Bruno Failed You wrote:
<quoted text>
blah, blah, blah, blah...
Stop the madness

Whittier, CA

#651 Feb 24, 2013
You rude, obnoxious parents call yourselves Christians? I find your words hurtful and extremely immature. Our job as parents is to help our children , not act like children ourselves. I am aware of the bullying going on at school and now I understand why...these kids are just acting like their parents. I am sickened by your behavior. It is you obnoxious parents that need to leave the school. Not the parents who genuinely care for the children and only want them to attend a school where they can learn and feel safe. Come on people...stop acting like children and be the role models they need us to be.
Catholic Mother

Los Angeles, CA

#652 Feb 24, 2013
The Voice wrote:
<quoted text> you are far from a true catholic. It is you who changes your name with your daughters and or sister. We see through your bs crap you bring on this forum. The admin has lost all respect. You don't have children here, you only get secondhand info. All you spew is hate and never come up with any facts. You are not a part of this school so just go away!
The best things in life are worth waiting for fighting for believing in, and just never letting go of
Get it right

Whittier, CA

#653 Feb 24, 2013
Catholic Dad wrote:
<quoted text>
blah, blah, blah, blah...
Wow! Blah blah blah??? Don't you realize that very attitude is why we are in the situation we are in today, not only at the school but the church also! Listen, THINK, and then respond. Your reacting does nothing for you or your cause; it only makes you look silly and childish!
edit

Los Angeles, CA

#655 Feb 24, 2013
Catholic Mother wrote:
<quoted text>
The best things in life are worth waiting for fighting for believing in, and just never letting go of
You need an education! This sentence doesn't make any sense! So, you didn't make it past Jr. High? There are adult education classes in Whittier!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 min LOLOLOLOL Pharte 34,211
New Walmart service delivers, puts away groceri... 4 hr Jane 1
News Immigrants in U.S. under DACA wary of returning... 7 hr spytheweb 2
News The leg end of Turnbull Canyon (Feb '08) 11 hr la china 197
Jimmy Kimmel I don't watch anymore 21 hr MilitiaMan 7
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Thu TheReal411 21,182
News The column where we blow up the myth that elect... Sep 17 Solarman 1

South Pasadena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Pasadena Mortgages