Whittier parents at St. Bruno Catholic School upset after not being told principal had a stalker

Nov 27, 2012 Full story: Whittier Daily News 817

Ronald S. Martinez was arrested and convicted of stalking Catherine Carvalho, the principal at St.

Full Story
St Bruno Parent

Chatsworth, CA

#615 Feb 23, 2013
Wally wrote:
Why is it that Father Michael is so hellbent on saving this ex-nun principal? Is it because that he's embarrassed that St. Bruno's has gone through a myriad of principals in the last several years and doesn't want to go through the hiring procedure once again? Or is it really because he doesn't want to be told what to do because his unsubstantiated ego can't handle it??? And what's the deal with the principal herself? Where is the "I'm sorry" for all this trouble? What happened to humility? You know, the stuff that Catholics are supposed to be so familiar with? And why has she hired a manly female bodyguard to follow her every move? Is it to scare the stalker away? From the looks of things, it just may work!
This has been discussed over and over and over again on this thread for the last few weeks. Go back and read it.
Whistle blower

Whittier, CA

#616 Feb 23, 2013
Get ready people! More info about this principal is about to be revealed. Fr. Reardon is not going to be pleased with this one...
St Bruno Parent

Chatsworth, CA

#617 Feb 23, 2013
Whistle blower wrote:
Get ready people! More info about this principal is about to be revealed. Fr. Reardon is not going to be pleased with this one...
We are waiting on pins and needles for more of our lies.
Twenty twenty

Whittier, CA

#618 Feb 23, 2013
Hey St.Bruno Parent:
You spend a lot of time on this website. Everyone seems to laugh at what you're saying therefore, proving your opinion null and void. You're never going to change people's opinion about the principal--she's cooked her own goose and there's nothing you can do about it. Why aggravate yourself?
All the parents at school know who you are anyway...
St Bruno Parent

Chatsworth, CA

#619 Feb 23, 2013
Twenty twenty wrote:
Hey St.Bruno Parent:
You spend a lot of time on this website. Everyone seems to laugh at what you're saying therefore, proving your opinion null and void. You're never going to change people's opinion about the principal--she's cooked her own goose and there's nothing you can do about it. Why aggravate yourself?
All the parents at school know who you are anyway...
I spend way less time than you do on this site and could care less about what you think. Not aggravated just amused.
Twenty twenty

Whittier, CA

#620 Feb 24, 2013
How do you stand everyone whispering behind your back at school? I can't imagine that you don't know what people think of you...maybe if you quit being an idiot, you'll be able to redeem yourself (although, the damage is really already done). PS: You look like you've gained some weight lately...stress related???
Edit

Los Angeles, CA

#621 Feb 24, 2013
St Bruno Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Your full of crap! Best fish fry ever!
"you're" not your...whose got a 3rd grade education?
Edit

Los Angeles, CA

#622 Feb 24, 2013
Bruno Failed You wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow a high school education at work with this guy statement. Scary conclusion
A proper way to write this: Wow! A high school education is at work with this guy. His conclusion is scary.

This is a 3rd grade education for "Bruno Failed You."

The conclusion is scary to "Bruno Failed You" because of the level of education and critical thinking that stopped about 25 years ago. Go back to school because you are illiterate.
Interested

Los Angeles, CA

#623 Feb 24, 2013
Catholic Mother wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because the one responding is guess Who?Just one of t(her)e names on the posts!!
Sounds like you have a secret? Who is it? Is it one of your secret friends you talk to in the dark or when you are lonely?
Are you continuing your Jr. High bullying mentality? Was the highlight of your life being the leader "popular" girls, so you could pick on others to make yourself feel better? Did you do this to get the attention of the bully football star?
You don't fit the name "Catholic Mother."
Your pathetic

Los Angeles, CA

#624 Feb 24, 2013
Wally wrote:
Why is it that Father Michael is so hellbent on saving this ex-nun principal? Is it because that he's embarrassed that St. Bruno's has gone through a myriad of principals in the last several years and doesn't want to go through the hiring procedure once again? Or is it really because he doesn't want to be told what to do because his unsubstantiated ego can't handle it??? And what's the deal with the principal herself? Where is the "I'm sorry" for all this trouble? What happened to humility? You know, the stuff that Catholics are supposed to be so familiar with? And why has she hired a manly female bodyguard to follow her every move? Is it to scare the stalker away? From the looks of things, it just may work!
The principal did say she made a mistake not telling the parents, how many times do you want her to say she's sorry, maybe you should wash your ears. Oh I would hardly call 5ft 2 inches 125 lbs security advisor manly. Maybe you should clean your eyes as well. Don't you have anything better to do with yourself. Get a life.
Like to know

Los Angeles, CA

#625 Feb 24, 2013
Hey Monique, I just have one question, if the only reason you were told you had to leave SB was because you signed the petition, why weren't all the families who signed it not told they would have to leave. Just another one of your many lies.
I GOT A JOB

United States

#626 Feb 24, 2013
Anybody want to mud wrestle?
MONIQUE MAUK

Whittier, CA

#627 Feb 24, 2013
Like to know wrote:
Hey Monique, I just have one question, if the only reason you were told you had to leave SB was because you signed the petition, why weren't all the families who signed it not told they would have to leave. Just another one of your many lies.
Since you seem to know everything except your name why don't you tell me? I would love to know. What exactly am I lying about? If you really believe in the cause you are fighting for then use your name what are you afraid of? Gerry Burge contacted me yesterday and we agree that people on this sight are being so mean and nasty and are totally out of control. She and I have been friends for a long time and we still are. Friends can agree to disagree. We both know that we aren't liars and we are both passionate about the things we believe in. Don and I are still waiting for the letter we asked for that says exactly why our kids were expelled. Letís just say I wonít hold my breath. I spoke to Bishop Solis and asked him to please stop anymore expulsions because it was the children that were being hurt. People that are unhappy are leaving on their own terms now. Our family had already made arrangements for our children for next year, because we were unhappy with the direction the school was going. Iím not sure where you get your information from? We followed all the rules. There were no attempts to reach a peaceful agreement, only ultimatums. Calling my son into the office for being disrespectful, forcing him to apologize really? He was not disrespectful he only answered a question. Telling him, tell us what your parents tell you to do and we will tell you what to do. I hadn't stepped foot on campus since honestly I don't know when. I dropped my kids off and picked them up at the library. Iíve havenít even had a conversation with Ms. Carvalho or father this school year. All this blog is doing is bringing out the worst in most people, name calling and bringing up people's past personal information, people pointing fingers at each other. It's terrible! Who among us has not sinned? We all have things in our past that we'd like to keep there. We make mistakes and hopefully we learn from them. I don't understand why people need to be so mean. No matter what side you are on this whole situation is extremely sad. I have always supported the school and St. Bruno church. I have no regrets I love the long time teachers and feel that they have no voice. The children are all affected by all of this madness! Look in the mirror and hopefully you like who you see if you donít do something about it.ďDonít tell GOD how big your storm isÖ Tell the storm how big your GOD is.Ē
Bruno Failed You

La Habra, CA

#628 Feb 24, 2013
Be weary of Gerry
Bruno Failed You

La Habra, CA

#629 Feb 24, 2013
Bruno Failed You wrote:
Be weary of Gerry
I am officially the 600th comment. We still have the poorest administration in the LA Diocese. We need change. Keep hope alive
no old school

Whittier, CA

#630 Feb 24, 2013
Like to know wrote:
Keep in mind, the principal does not know who signed the petition. The families who were called into the office admitted signing the petition. The principal went after the families who spoke up at the meetings. There are families being called in that didn't sign but because they spoke up the principal is assuming they signed.
Great Post Monique

Whittier, CA

#631 Feb 24, 2013
MONIQUE MAUK wrote:
<quoted text>Since you seem to know everything except your name why don't you tell me? I would love to know. What exactly am I lying about? If you really believe in the cause you are fighting for then use your name what are you afraid of? Gerry Burge contacted me yesterday and we agree that people on this sight are being so mean and nasty and are totally out of control. She and I have been friends for a long time and we still are. Friends can agree to disagree. We both know that we aren't liars and we are both passionate about the things we believe in. Don and I are still waiting for the letter we asked for that says exactly why our kids were expelled. Letís just say I wonít hold my breath. I spoke to Bishop Solis and asked him to please stop anymore expulsions because it was the children that were being hurt. People that are unhappy are leaving on their own terms now. Our family had already made arrangements for our children for next year, because we were unhappy with the direction the school was going. Iím not sure where you get your information from? We followed all the rules. There were no attempts to reach a peaceful agreement, only ultimatums. Calling my son into the office for being disrespectful, forcing him to apologize really? He was not disrespectful he only answered a question. Telling him, tell us what your parents tell you to do and we will tell you what to do. I hadn't stepped foot on campus since honestly I don't know when. I dropped my kids off and picked them up at the library. Iíve havenít even had a conversation with Ms. Carvalho or father this school year. All this blog is doing is bringing out the worst in most people, name calling and bringing up people's past personal information, people pointing fingers at each other. It's terrible! Who among us has not sinned? We all have things in our past that we'd like to keep there. We make mistakes and hopefully we learn from them. I don't understand why people need to be so mean. No matter what side you are on this whole situation is extremely sad. I have always supported the school and St. Bruno church. I have no regrets I love the long time teachers and feel that they have no voice. The children are all affected by all of this madness! Look in the mirror and hopefully you like who you see if you donít do something about it.ďDonít tell GOD how big your storm isÖ Tell the storm how big your GOD is.Ē
Monique you brought up many great points in your post, your staying true to yourself and your family. Props to you especially for putting yourself out there and putting your name to back up your passion. I hope others will learn from the many things you said today, this has gone on long enough on this board. I have read things, frankly that I had long forgotten being drug in the mud. Let's get back to the facts of why this mess started, and concentrate on the stonewalling, and deceit and the way this school & parish handles themselves. The name calling and "old news" that is being brought to the table here is meaningless. Get back to the facts of the parents & parishioners have been mislead & lied to, people lost their jobs & insurance over this mess - why for DOING THE RIGHT THING, don't bash them or discredit them for this. Parents made choices for their families that I am sure they are agonizing over still, but they DID THE RIGHT THING for their family dynamic. Let the rest of this play out as the leaders of St.Bruno's will continue to bury themselves and their minions that have attached themselves to them continue to look like puppets in this crazy drama they have created in their own minds to feel important Monday thru Friday. And to the long standing teachers of St. Bruno's - many of you old school teachers that my family has always loved and admired, I for one think of you often, this must a trainwreck for you on a daily basis. It hurts to know that you have to endure this & play their games.
Bruno Failed You

La Habra, CA

#632 Feb 24, 2013
no old school wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep in mind, the principal does not know who signed the petition. The families who were called into the office admitted signing the petition. The principal went after the families who spoke up at the meetings. There are families being called in that didn't sign but because they spoke up the principal is assuming they signed.
Instead of worrying about a petition the ex nun needs to worry about her budget. She has destroyed the budget with her added expenses: security advisor/bouncer, cameras, buzzer, new shiny Schleg locks, new play friend aka VP and the voice system to relay messages to our homes. By the way a message should be coming soon. Brunoland needs leadership and now financial assistance
Say What

La Habra, CA

#633 Feb 24, 2013
Your pathetic wrote:
<quoted text> The principal did say she made a mistake not telling the parents, how many times do you want her to say she's sorry, maybe you should wash your ears. Oh I would hardly call 5ft 2 inches 125 lbs security advisor manly. Maybe you should clean your eyes as well. Don't you have anything better to do with yourself. Get a life.
The principal never apologized. Reardon conceded his error after the Whittier PD Captain told him he was WRONG. 125 lbs calibrate that scale
The Gambler

La Habra, CA

#634 Feb 24, 2013
Over / Under is 3

Families leaving St Bruno
Being kicked out is included in the total

Good Luck to All

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 26 min Samuel-6g-Jackson 19,288
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 hr Bruin For Life 27,607
Voto Latino: African Americans and Latinos Unit... (Mar '12) 5 hr gulf 897
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 7 hr Misty Me 7,968
SF gay pride event celebrates 40th anniversary (Jun '10) 7 hr OK Mr macho 100
L.A., Glendale seek injunction against Toonervi... (Nov '08) 8 hr oso 119
Council rejects Kare offer (Sep '08) 9 hr Madonna 250

Fire Warning for Los Angeles County was issued at October 01 at 8:19PM PDT

South Pasadena News Video

South Pasadena Dating
Find my Match

South Pasadena Jobs

South Pasadena People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE