Whittier parents at St. Bruno Catholi...

Whittier parents at St. Bruno Catholic School upset after not being told principal had a stalker

There are 819 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Nov 27, 2012, titled Whittier parents at St. Bruno Catholic School upset after not being told principal had a stalker. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

Ronald S. Martinez was arrested and convicted of stalking Catherine Carvalho, the principal at St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

Questioning

San Leandro, CA

#389 Feb 21, 2013
Several postings have stated that St Bruno is the safest school in Whittier. If that is true then answer one question...how did a huge, well over six feet tall, process server easily walk onto the school grounds to serve Reardon and Carvalho, wander freely around until he located them, and serve them? You consider that a safe school?
Questioning

San Leandro, CA

#390 Feb 21, 2013
I have a few more questions that really need to be answered...
Can the "Carvalho groupies" give concrete evidence of why they think she is a strong administrator? What has she actually done to improve the education of your children?
How can she be running the school when she spends most of her day in her office interrogating parents?
Does being a supportive parent mean following all rules blindly (cannot park on a public street) just because "she" said so? Hitler's followers had the same mentality and history has shown where that lead.
Can you name another school where the principal has a bodyguard and why does she need one?
Do all of you who Carvalho calls "her hero" really think you are the only one? She has a barnyard full of these jackasses.
Can Carvalho name and identify at least ten students in each grade level? It is evident she puts herself first before the welfare of the students at her school (expulsion of students for no cause supports this)
So many questions.... Her supporters keep mentioning the handbook, rules, and a strong administration but can only post in angry responses and no concrete evidence. She has given you supporters a little power (in your own minds) and you give your loyalty in return. I will give credit where credit is due. She is a master manipulator and has perfected her skills in that area, and all you who blindly follow are living proof!
OFFICIAL REPORT

Pasadena, CA

#391 Feb 21, 2013
Questioning wrote:
Several postings have stated that St Bruno is the safest school in Whittier. If that is true then answer one question...how did a huge, well over six feet tall, process server easily walk onto the school grounds to serve Reardon and Carvalho, wander freely around until he located them, and serve them? You consider that a safe school?
The process server did NOT wander onto school grounds. He was confronted by the school Security Advisor outside the school office and was directed to the public access Parish Center. But prior to the direction given, the Security Advisor contacted the Parish Center via the walkie talkie radio and notified them the process server was en route to the Parish Center.

Please stop posting falsities that creates a fearful environment for students, staff and parents. Why are you negative people continuing to post false information? PLEASE STOP! THANK YOU!
John Concern

Long Beach, CA

#392 Feb 21, 2013
OFFICIAL REPORT wrote:
<quoted text>
The process server did NOT wander onto school grounds. He was confronted by the school Security Advisor outside the school office and was directed to the public access Parish Center. But prior to the direction given, the Security Advisor contacted the Parish Center via the walkie talkie radio and notified them the process server was en route to the Parish Center.
Please stop posting falsities that creates a fearful environment for students, staff and parents. Why are you negative people continuing to post false information? PLEASE STOP! THANK YOU!
Please keep the principal body guard in front of the school; there are many processors on their way. We do not want the serving processors entering the school grounds prior to signing in and placing a name tag "Serving Processor". My child is safe I have seen the security patrol verbally assault three grandparents.
Not so sure about that

Portsmouth, VA

#393 Feb 21, 2013
John Concern wrote:
<quoted text>
Please keep the principal body guard in front of the school; there are many processors on their way. We do not want the serving processors entering the school grounds prior to signing in and placing a name tag "Serving Processor". My child is safe I have seen the security patrol verbally assault three grandparents.
John/Jane it is clear by your comments that you are not happy with the school any longer
That said what is your plan?
Is it to continue to try and reform the school to your personal image of what it should be even though you have no practical experience in running a school or is it to stay and continue trying to make everyone as miserable as you have become? Misery loves company i guess but what if the rest of us don't want to be miserable like you? Is it your plan to force your misery upon us? Sure seems like it
Get it right

San Leandro, CA

#394 Feb 21, 2013
Free from the negative wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Never did acknowledge that, but that is the trend in this blog especially with the "negative" GROUP attacking the school. Read into it anyway you want.
BUT, hey thanks for the explanation, Johnny? Janie? Get it whatever? Count the days? Anymore you can think of?
Truly sorry. Don't know who Johnny, Janie, etc., are. I'm a parishioner and past parent who can speak up and not have my children expelled from school! Unfortunately, many, and there are many, cannot speak up because of retaliation. Now that's very sad!
Free from the negative

Los Angeles, CA

#395 Feb 21, 2013
Get it right wrote:
<quoted text> Truly sorry. Don't know who Johnny, Janie, etc., are. I'm a parishioner and past parent who can speak up and not have my children expelled from school! Unfortunately, many, and there are many, cannot speak up because of retaliation. Now that's very sad!
You get it right. Parents were violating rules. Parents, because of their behavior, were told to leave after many attempts to reach out peacefully.
Not so sure about that

Portsmouth, VA

#396 Feb 21, 2013
Get it right wrote:
<quoted text> Truly sorry. Don't know who Johnny, Janie, etc., are. I'm a parishioner and past parent who can speak up and not have my children expelled from school! Unfortunately, many, and there are many, cannot speak up because of retaliation. Now that's very sad!
Your comment makes no sense at all. If there are parents who are unhappy and really think the school isn't being run properly wouldn't it be their responsibility to speak up and do something about it? Or at least take some action like making the decision to leave? If they don't they are irresponsible parents. Why would anyone stay if they don't believe in the changes being made? That is completely logical. If they continue to stay and be involved in a school they don't believe in they are Hippocrates and doing their children an injustice by making them stay in the school. Dont worry about the majority of us who believe in the changes. We will be fine
John Concern

Long Beach, CA

#397 Feb 21, 2013
Get it right wrote:
You are correct. The parents or children are not allowed to discuss anything with the current principal or VP without retaliation This administration is so confused and now busy with litigation that everyone's child will suffer. This principal is asking parents are you re em rolling next year. She would not have to ask that question if she was competent. Bruno has never had an issue with keeping families not this year. Thst is the question everyone should be asking and answering. WHY?
Free from the negative

Los Angeles, CA

#398 Feb 21, 2013
John Concern wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct. The parents or children are not allowed to discuss anything with the current principal or VP without retaliation This administration is so confused and now busy with litigation that everyone's child will suffer. This principal is asking parents are you re em rolling next year. She would not have to ask that question if she was competent. Bruno has never had an issue with keeping families not this year. Thst is the question everyone should be asking and answering. WHY?
I know the answer to this one.... Because of instigators like you!!!! Lol create fear and the sheep will follow!
Not so sure about that

Portsmouth, VA

#399 Feb 21, 2013
John Concern wrote:
<quoted text>
Best question youve asked yet
The answer is simple. You and others like you caused caused this John. You and your friends are to blame. Instead of dealing with all this like adults you choose to act like children and perpetuate what we're sime issues to resolve. But that didn't work for you and your small bad of malcontents. You made this Into what it has become. You did this dumb ass but you will never stand up to it will you!
Laughing

La Mirada, CA

#400 Feb 21, 2013
John Concern wrote:
<quoted text>
"re em rolling"?? Every time you post I get a good laugh!
Count the days

Apple Valley, CA

#401 Feb 21, 2013
Free from the negative wrote:
<quoted text>
You get it right. Parents were violating rules. Parents, because of their behavior, were told to leave after many attempts to reach out peacefully.
No peaceful attempts were made. Clueless why the parents are removing their children. If that is not a
"RED FLAG" not sure what is. You removed the children thinking they lead a group of parents that were manipulated. What you didn't understand is those families were respected for the time they put in and now the school will get a taste of their own medicine. Many more people leading the charge and your intel is not helping you save the school. You need a new advisor in that office. A "retention advisor" is much better suited at this point in time.
What is the count up too this week alone? Someone answer that. I think it's 12 this week and maybe 50-60 students by the end of the school year. Add my name to that list, departure from my family coming soon.
Everyone knows every move the admin. Is making. Check your sources and protect the moves you make.
It's not working in your favor.
Get it right

San Leandro, CA

#402 Feb 21, 2013
Not so sure about that wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer is simple. You and others like you caused caused this John. You and your friends are to blame. Instead of dealing with all this like adults you choose to act like children and perpetuate what we're sime issues to resolve. But that didn't work for you and your small bad of malcontents. You made this Into what it has become. You did this dumb ass but you will never stand up to it will you!
hey "not so sure about that" what's with the name calling!!!! I guess when your wrong, what else to do but lash out and call names. As another post quoted " nuf said!"
John Concern

Huntington Park, CA

#403 Feb 21, 2013
Not so sure about that wrote:
<quoted text>
Please resolve the issues. We agree with you RESOLVE THE ISSUES.
John Concern

Huntington Park, CA

#404 Feb 21, 2013
Get it right wrote:
<quoted text> hey "not so sure about that" what's with the name calling!!!! I guess when your wrong, what else to do but lash out and call names. As another post quoted " nuf said!"
Please don't give me any credit for the principals inability to lead. She did that on her own and you are following. You have allowed this fiasco as you sit and do nothing. The intellectuals of the parish and school are concerned with your behavior, the principal and vice principals lack of leadership and continued misconduct. FYI when the good follies leave your unresolved issues will remain. Before you take this personal and over react take a deep breathe and think. Many are waiting for your ramble as you have never answered any questions posed. We await for your enlightenment
Questioning

San Leandro, CA

#405 Feb 21, 2013
OFFICIAL REPORT wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is you who are giving false information. Why should anyone believe your version? You are just trying to create a nice scenario to make people think the school is safe. But I do find the title "School Security Advisor" very interesting. A better one would be "The Enforcer", or "The Terminator". Or perhaps "The pit bull". Let's try one more..."The P.P.B." or principal's personal bodyguard. Anyone got any others?
Free from the negative

Los Angeles, CA

#406 Feb 21, 2013
Count the days wrote:
<quoted text>
No peaceful attempts were made. Clueless why the parents are removing their children. If that is not a
"RED FLAG" not sure what is. You removed the children thinking they lead a group of parents that were manipulated. What you didn't understand is those families were respected for the time they put in and now the school will get a taste of their own medicine. Many more people leading the charge and your intel is not helping you save the school. You need a new advisor in that office. A "retention advisor" is much better suited at this point in time.
What is the count up too this week alone? Someone answer that. I think it's 12 this week and maybe 50-60 students by the end of the school year. Add my name to that list, departure from my family coming soon.
Everyone knows every move the admin. Is making. Check your sources and protect the moves you make.
It's not working in your favor.
Those parents were asked to leave because of their "BAD behavior", the children suffered because of the actions of the parents as is the case with anyone who can't follow directions of a private school.
There's a new sheriff in town....and it's not the parents, who think because they do volunteer work at the school, have any right to make or break policy. Have fun at your new school....you think you are hurting St. Bruno School and Church, but the families that can't follow and support the administration need to move on. The remaining parents, including our family, will not miss your negative words and actions.

Peace be with you on your journey. God help your children as they watch you abuse rules. That will come back and bite you.
Free from the negative

Los Angeles, CA

#407 Feb 21, 2013
John Concern wrote:
<quoted text>
Please resolve the issues. We agree with you RESOLVE THE ISSUES.
Johnny or Janie, you are a waste of space. How's the kid doing in school? behaving? If not, I know where he's learning it from...
Joe Parent

Whittier, CA

#408 Feb 21, 2013
Without rhetoric or name calling can anyone please answer this question.

Why does Ms. Carvalho have a bodyguard? I don't know if that is the real title of the position, but by personal observation I don't know what else the job description might be. I might have missed it in the school bulletin, if I did can you tell me what date it was announced?

Thanks in advance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Los Angeles has a new start-up in the Mid-City ... 19 min SOCIAL GIFT SHOP 1
Review: Financial Plus Investment (Jul '08) 20 min Robert 2,982
montebello council and commissioners 4 hr Reality 5
News Man fatally shot in San Leandro driveway identi... (Jul '10) 11 hr murder dosh 15
Couple Sues Chase Bank After $25k Savings Accou... 15 hr Harry 1
Montebello unprepared 15 hr Truth Squad 1
Clueless Delgado 20 hr Sad in Montebello 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Pasadena Mortgages