Whittier parents at St. Bruno Catholic School upset after not being told principal had a stalker

Nov 27, 2012 Full story: Whittier Daily News 817

Ronald S. Martinez was arrested and convicted of stalking Catherine Carvalho, the principal at St.

Full Story
St Bruno Parishioner

Modesto, CA

#266 Feb 12, 2013
Vincent de Paul wrote:
As a long time St. Bruno parishioner, I would like to say that the behavior of the school parents is quite disgraceful. Your lack of spirituality is quite evident. St. Bruno is a parish that just so happens to have a school. The parishioners of St. Bruno contribute to that school. The tuition the school parents pay does not cover the expenses to run the school. A generous stipend given to the school from the contributions of the people sitting in the pews each and every Sunday keeps that school open. Do you ever think about how your behavior impacts the parish community? I say close the school down. Then we could use the annual stipend given to school to make improvements that will benefit the church community. Your attempts to disgrace and shame the school hurt the St. Bruno parish community. The very same community that supports your school. Stop and think about the church community and not your needs.
I am a long-time parishioner also and am amazed that u find the actions of the parents quite disgraceful and not the actions of Fr. and the new principal!! They should be ashamed also!!
Jane Concern

United States

#267 Feb 12, 2013
John Concern wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no hatred. Just facts of poor choices and continued bullying from the principal and pastor. The principal is a poor decision maker and a bully Real simple
John is absolutely correct. There is no hatred, just facts. Go back and read the posts. Those in defense of the principal's extremely poor decisions (really bordering on insanity) are posting the hatred, name calling, and belittling.
Vincent de Paul

Whittier, CA

#268 Feb 12, 2013
Stop and think about the church community. The church owns the school and parishioners generously support the school through a subsidy from our weekly contributions. The parishioners support our head pastor. We do not need a school to thrive as a parish community!
Facts

Los Angeles, CA

#269 Feb 12, 2013
harrybolas wrote:
<quoted text>
How ironic, the church would rather expel children, but not pedophile priests.
the school did not expel children they expel there parents, their poor kids are the causality of their parents unchristian behavior. Mary Margaret was given a new position to make room for a vice principal, she choose not to take it, I agree she is a wonderful person. Mrs. Saldana resigned her position she was not fired. Get your story straight.
John Concern

La Habra, CA

#270 Feb 12, 2013
St Bruno Parishioner wrote:
<quoted text> I am a long-time parishioner also and am amazed that u find the actions of the parents quite disgraceful and not the actions of Fr. and the new principal!! They should be ashamed also!!
Very true the principal has destroyed this year. The kinder children and parents are in shock and stunned. She has totally abolished eighth graduation tradition. The principal needs to be expelled as she had expelled parent and children
Fools

Modesto, CA

#271 Feb 12, 2013
Facts wrote:
<quoted text> the school did not expel children they expel there parents, their poor kids are the causality of their parents unchristian behavior. Mary Margaret was given a new position to make room for a vice principal, she choose not to take it, I agree she is a wonderful person. Mrs. Saldana resigned her position she was not fired. Get your story straight.
Mrs. Saldana resigned BECAUSE of Ms. Carvahlos deceitful little lies! Not because she was ready to retire and move to Florida! Mary Margaret was asked to take another position? And what was that position? How many hours was that position going to give her? Same salary she was making working her 40 hours?? Hmmmm.. Yeah... That's what I thought!
Omg

Santa Ana, CA

#272 Feb 12, 2013
John, are you seriously that ignorant or are you just a habitual liar? You know as well as everyone, the graduation was changed last year before she arrived because the Fire Chief said we were over capacity and to properly fit everyone we needed a bigger venue. Why be so melodramatic? The Kinders are fine. Are you seriously speaking for 30 five year olds now. What next.. Is global warming the Principles and Fathers fault too. Just shut up already!!!
St Bruno Parishioner

Downey, CA

#273 Feb 12, 2013
Vincent de Paul wrote:
Stop and think about the church community. The church owns the school and parishioners generously support the school through a subsidy from our weekly contributions. The parishioners support our head pastor. We do not need a school to thrive as a parish community!
Please do not speak for all the parishioners . I know many who do not agree with you and we do sit in the pews every Sunday and donate to the church.
Jim Jones

Downey, CA

#274 Feb 12, 2013
Sorry wrote:
<quoted text> I feel very sorry for you children, I only hope you tell them how sorry YOU are for causing this. You finally wrote your name on the blog to bad you didn't use your name when your were writing such hateful and disrespectful things.
Your are CLUELESS keep drinking the KoolAid
Holy Cow

Modesto, CA

#275 Feb 13, 2013
Omg wrote:
John, are you seriously that ignorant or are you just a habitual liar? You know as well as everyone, the graduation was changed last year before she arrived because the Fire Chief said we were over capacity and to properly fit everyone we needed a bigger venue. Why be so melodramatic? The Kinders are fine. Are you seriously speaking for 30 five year olds now. What next.. Is global warming the Principles and Fathers fault too. Just shut up already!!!
Your facts are distorted. You "drunk" Burge sisters need to realize your free ride will be over. Bingo money won't help. You'll be surprises how many people don't support supplementing your tuition with their hard earned money. Start paying your own way. Everyone knows why your supporting the evil dictator. I guess the old sayings true "You can't bite the hand that feeds you". Www.thefreerideisover.com
Enter promo code: the gig is up freeloaders

Nice try with the "OMG" you gave yourself away.
John Concern

La Habra, CA

#276 Feb 13, 2013
Omg wrote:
OMG. what are talking about? The fire chief does not have anything to do with graduation. Regroup young lady and let's think before one speaks. Once again stay focused and on topic.
Facts

Los Angeles, CA

#277 Feb 13, 2013
Holy Cow wrote:
<quoted text>
Your facts are distorted. You "drunk" Burge sisters need to realize your free ride will be over. Bingo money won't help. You'll be surprises how many people don't support supplementing your tuition with their hard earned money. Start paying your own way. Everyone knows why your supporting the evil dictator. I guess the old sayings true "You can't bite the hand that feeds you". Www.thefreerideisover.com
Enter promo code: the gig is up freeloaders
By the way how is her tuition supplemented. SHE Doesn't pay tuition, her kids have all graduated, that how ignorant you are!!!!
Facts

Los Angeles, CA

#278 Feb 13, 2013
Holy Cow wrote:
<quoted text>
Enter promo code: the gig is up freloaders
Who are you, are you so ignorant that you think the tuition is paid from you taxes. I don't know if there tuition is supplemented and I don't care since its none of anybody business. NOW you people think you can dictate tuition. Why don't you take your miserable self and leave, you obviously don't like anything about SB, it would please a lot people. Take care of yourself and LEAVE people alone!!!!! Get a life!
Handpicked 1

Charleston, SC

#279 Feb 13, 2013
John Concern wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG. what are talking about? The fire chief does not have anything to do with graduation. Regroup young lady and let's think before one speaks. Once again stay focused and on topic.
The fire chief has EVERYTHING to say about the capacity of the church hall, and that's where the graduation brunch used to be.
My apologies

Pico Rivera, CA

#280 Feb 13, 2013
Vincent de Paul wrote:
Vincent de Paul I want to apologize to you and the other nonparent members of this parish. If I , a st Bruno parent, am disgusted, frustrated, and angry with these disrespectful parents who continue to publically scandalize our parish and school, I can only imagine how you parishioners must feel. Please be aware that this drama is created by a minority of parents and have comfort in knowing that they will more than likely be leaving the school by the end of the school year. In the meantime, on behalf of myself, and other parents who share my feelings, we ask for your forgiveness, patience, and prayers for peace.
John Concern

La Habra, CA

#281 Feb 13, 2013
Handpicked 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The fire chief has EVERYTHING to say about the capacity of the church hall, and that's where the graduation brunch used to be.
I never mentioned brunch. Please read the post. Graduation The hall issue is two years ago that issue has been resolved the brunch Is off campus.
Refocus on our principals misrepresentation of facts and bullying. Her inability to do the right thing and her inability to manage a school
John Concern

La Habra, CA

#282 Feb 13, 2013
My apologies wrote:
<quoted text>
Vincent de Paul I want to apologize to you and the other nonparent members of this parish. If I , a st Bruno parent, am disgusted, frustrated, and angry with these disrespectful parents who continue to publically scandalize our parish and school, I can only imagine how you parishioners must feel. Please be aware that this drama is created by a minority of parents and have comfort in knowing that they will more than likely be leaving the school by the end of the school year. In the meantime, on behalf of myself, and other parents who share my feelings, we ask for your forgiveness, patience, and prayers for peace.
I'm sure Vincent de Paul feels better now. Really
St Bruno Parishioner

Modesto, CA

#283 Feb 13, 2013
My apologies wrote:
<quoted text>
Forgiveness,, patience, and prayers should be asked for all, majority and minority. Each have acted poorly! Have comfort in knowing families will be asked to leave the school??? WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN!!! I'm sorry; there's no comfort in hurting children like this. We are so very lost!
Joe Parent

Whittier, CA

#284 Feb 13, 2013
We have a volatile mix of impassioned parents and a principal out of her depth. To top it off our pastor just doesn't have the ability or compassion to be the leader that we need. The school families chose to send their children to Saint Bruno and are paying for a Catholic and Christian education. They speak out because they are passionate about everything Saint Bruno CATHOLIC School is supposed to provide for the children in leadership as well as their secular and religious studies.

The pastor and the principal, who used to be a Carmelite nun, are showing us that they consider their personal agendas and powers more important than treating the children in the Christian manner that they espouse. Whether a stalker, critical parents or the media their actions show us that they do not put the children first.

In all likelihood our children will not be attending Saint Bruno School next year. They deserve a pastor and a principal who prove in action as well as word that they are Christian.

Shame on you Father Michael Reardon and Ms. Catherine Carvalho. Your horrible and un-Christian leadership is destroying our community.

Pray for the children that they learn not from our examples. Pray for the teachers that they have strength and relief through this ordeal. Pray that the Holy Spirit enters all of us to find our way back to community in God's Grace.
Past Parent

Whittier, CA

#285 Feb 13, 2013
Wow, what a terrible place Bruno's has become. The Church and the School. My heart aches for the parents whose children were asked to leave. My heart aches for Mary-Margret, Mrs. Saldana and all the staff pre Catherine C. KL went to St Marianne. PV...aka-kool aid drinker left to follow her husband whose job took him to South Carolina, AI left due to family issues.
Unfortunately all the ranting and raving on this site is not going to end up with any positive results.
The best way to get yourself heard by the church and the school is through the wallet.$$ talks and the lack of it will speak volumes. When the Sunday donations drastically decrease you will get Michael Reardons attention, Bishop Solis will take note and so will the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. By the way, the "jar of marbles" was classic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr Bruin For Life 28,455
Mtb Hill Proposal "...does not have a positive ... 12 hr Wonder Why 13
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 21 hr Bently 19,568
FBI suspects serial bank robber Gregory Cross i... Wed Jason 1
Montebello councilwomana s husband sentenced to... (May '14) Wed Wonder Why 46
Ukiah police and fire log: Wednesday, Dec. 24, ... Wed Here Is One 3
Faking it the green way: Artificial grass looks... (May '09) Dec 17 Fyi 18

South Pasadena News Video

South Pasadena Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

South Pasadena People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

South Pasadena News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in South Pasadena