UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl. Full Story

Since: Jun 09

San Fernando Valley

#20911 Jun 25, 2013
U - C - L - A
B - R - U - I - N - S

Your 2013 College Baseball National Champions!!!

Undefeated in the entire CWS playoffs with a decisive 8-0 victory over Miss. St tonight to win it all!

UCLA has now extended their Nation-leading National Championships to 109!!!

GO BRUINS! THE COUNTRY'S MOST SUCCESSFUL OVERALL ATHLETIC PROGRAM HAS NOW CONQUERED BASEBALL TOO!!!!!!!!!!
Trojan

Pico Rivera, CA

#20912 Jun 25, 2013
Congrats, to the Bruins.
Bruin For Life

Whittier, CA

#20913 Jun 25, 2013
Brew In wrote:
U - C - L - A
B - R - U - I - N - S
Undefeated in the entire CWS playoffs with a decisive 8-0 victory over Miss. St tonight to win it all!
GO BRUINS! THE COUNTRY'S MOST SUCCESSFUL OVERALL ATHLETIC PROGRAM HAS NOW CONQUERED BASEBALL TOO!!!!!!!!!!
I am so dadgum proud of these kids...they were focused on the task at hand from the very first pitch at Omaha. I believe UCLA is now 1 of 4 schools to have won a National Championship in all 3 major sports. And making 3 trips to Omaha in 4 years, playing for the title twice and winning it all, I feel very cofortable that UCLA has become a powerhouse in Baseball...with Football around the corner and the high expectations, if we deliver, it will be safe to say our football program is back, and even though we have not won a title in 18 years in basketball, it's also safe to say or Basketball program is among the best in the nation with the talent we have and the new kids coming in this season in Zach Levine...it's a great day!! and it's a great time to be a Bruin!!!

Go Bruins!!!

University of Champions Los Angeles
Bruin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

#20914 Jun 25, 2013
Trojan wrote:
Congrats, to the Bruins.
thank you!

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#20915 Jun 25, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>I am so dadgum proud of these kids...they were focused on the task at hand from the very first pitch and catch session to doing it all, I feel very cofortable that UCLA has become a powderhouse of blue in ball playing...with kids around every corner and the high expectations, if we deliver, it will be safe to say our man-boy program is back, and even though we have not scored with young kids in 18 years in horseplay, it's also safe to say our youth program is among the best in the nation with the enthusiasm we have and the new kids coming in to receive our fast balls...it's a great day!! and it's a great time to be an alternative Bruin!!!
Go Bruins!!!
University of Changing Lifestyles Los Angeles
Oh Lifer, Oh Brewski, no fair, you have a head start on whipping out the ecstasy tonight :/

You know on those rare occasion when we get the job done, we Bruins promised to indulge in brash behavior together :/

So I am setting up the rave party for Friday at MBD's pad. The theme will be wearing nothing but baseball gloves and cleats. And make sure you bring your hard bats and balls :)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Gooooooooooooooo Bruins!

West Hollywood, CA

#20916 Jun 25, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
You clean? Can't afford a house keeper?
Why Miss Wolfie, what fun is that, when Jonathan and I regularly "play house" anyway ;)

Go Bruins, Go Housework, Go "cleaning" up messy things!

“Long Season Ahead”

Since: Nov 08

Kailua, HI

#20917 Jun 26, 2013
Brew In wrote:
U - C - L - A
B - R - U - I - N - S
So happy for UCLA!

“USC=Greatest team of BCS era!”

Since: Aug 08

Burn, baby, burn!

#20918 Jun 26, 2013
Congrats to the Bruin baseball team.

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#20919 Jun 26, 2013
CPEM wrote:
Congrats to the Bruin baseball team.
:-)

West Hollywood, CA

#20920 Jun 26, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Nation, you might be smiling now, but you'll be grinning ear to ear come Friday night ;)

Don't forget, gloves and cleats only attire at the special hot tub party. Lifer and Brewski will be bringing special pairs of speedos. Lifer will be wearing ones that say "I am the Catcher" on the back, and Brewski's says "Pitch Here" on his back. Oh how I love baseball themes right now ;)

Oh we Bruins so deserve this, after continually coming up short in the major men's sports for many decades :)

Go Bruins, Go batting balls, Go hot tubs!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#20921 Jun 26, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bruins played damn good ball!!!!! CHAMPS ALL THE WAY!!!

“Long Season Ahead”

Since: Nov 08

Kailua, HI

#20922 Jun 26, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Bet you're smiling!!!
Trojan

Encino, CA

#20923 Jun 27, 2013
Ducks get slammed the way the Trojans did.

But Miami? Nothing. What a joke!

Since: Jun 09

San Fernando Valley

#20925 Jun 27, 2013
I see Oregon football is getting probation, but wisely (and timely) Chip Kelly followed the path of Pete Carroll and joined the NFL Witness Protection Program.........

“Media Darling USC! BRAAHAHAHA!”

Since: Jan 07

I'm Blessed to Live In DIXIE!

#20927 Jun 27, 2013
Brew In wrote:
U - C - L - A
B - R - U - I - N - S
> Congrats BI, on UCLA's Baseball National Championship. Well earned! Oh, and kudos on your Bruin's other 108 NC's they got in badminton, shuffleboard, dominoes, tiddlywinks, lawn-darts, croquet, ping-pong, paddleball, lagging for quarters, marbles, jacks, hop-scotch, jump-rope, lawn bowling, foosball, and dodge ball. <<Just Kidding!>> Hey, what's next for the Bruins ... a run at the College Football Championship game maybe?
>:)

“Media Darling USC! BRAAHAHAHA!”

Since: Jan 07

I'm Blessed to Live In DIXIE!

#20929 Jun 27, 2013
Goober Hull wrote:
<quoted text>The Bruins played damn good ball!!!!! CHAMPS ALL THE WAY!!!
> Goober! Have you and ole Poon Tang Wayne come down from Eagle's Still up on Hoot 'N Holler Hill yet? Sober up now ... ya hear me boy?

Yours truly,
Artie the Revenuer (Chasing those mean ole Moonshiners through the Alabama piney woods' hills and hollows)

West Hollywood, CA

#20930 Jun 27, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>. I concur fellow Bruin. Although it must be said that our Bruins are the innovator of that move. Yes our beloved Coach Wooden mysteriously stepped down against his will luckily for him the NCAA put the blame on first year coach Larry Brown for those infractions........Go Bruins!
Please Lifer, can't you see Brewski was doing his duty by trying to deflect our own dark past away towards other programs :/

Lifer, you really need to contact another Bruin Topix Consultant (one of us) before you go off and say something harsh like this :/

It makes me feel like I am watching a rerun of Law & Order and they re-open a case and match the bullet to the murder weapon :(

Go Bruins, play fair! QUIETLY play fair!

West Hollywood, CA

#20931 Jun 27, 2013
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> Congrats BI, on UCLA's Baseball National Championship. Well earned! Oh, and kudos on your Bruin's other 108 NC's they got in badminton, shuffleboard, dominoes, tiddlywinks, lawn-darts, croquet, ping-pong, paddleball, lagging for quarters, marbles, jacks, hop-scotch, jump-rope, lawn bowling, foosball, and dodge ball. <<Just Kidding!>> Hey, what's next for the Bruins ... a run at the College Football Championship game maybe?
Well come now Coach, let's not get carried away here. We Bruins remain steadfast in our reliance of all our titles in those wide range of categories you mentioned ;)

To be honest here as me being the Bruin Voice of Reason, I don't think football and basketball are really in the cards for us Coach :(

But maybe with the Oregon Ducks now on probation, we can get past defaulting our way into the Pacific 12 Title Game not having to play them. Sort of like our extraordinary claim to the Pacific 12 2011 South Title because USC was not eligible despite having a better record than us. But letís keep that between us friends ;)

Go Bruins, Go Tigers! Since we are talking maybes, maybe we can make a run to the pizza hut during halftime!

West Hollywood, CA

#20932 Jun 27, 2013
Brew In wrote:
I see Oregon football is getting probation, but wisely (and timely) Chip Kelly followed the path of Pete Carroll and joined the NFL Witness Protection Program.........
Brewski, you really need to have a talk with Lifer. Just when we think we are "pulling it over" on other members of the Topix community, inadvertently or not, Lifer keeps undermining our efforts :/

Go Bruins! So we hope...

West Hollywood, CA

#20933 Jun 27, 2013
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> Goober! Have you and ole Poon Tang Wayne come down from Eagle's Still up on Hoot 'N Holler Hill yet? Sober up now ... ya hear me boy?
Yours truly,
Artie the Revenuer (Chasing those mean ole Moonshiners through the Alabama piney woods' hills and hollows)
Oh Coach, you need to mellow out and let those boys have their fun ;)

Go Bruins, Pacific 12 and Greygoose vodka fizz', Go Tigers, SEC and Ole Smoky Moonshine

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mtb Hill Proposal "...does not have a positive ... 4 hr Wonder Why 13
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 13 hr Bently 19,568
FBI suspects serial bank robber Gregory Cross i... Wed Jason 1
Montebello councilwomana s husband sentenced to... (May '14) Wed Wonder Why 46
Ukiah police and fire log: Wednesday, Dec. 24, ... Wed Here Is One 3
Faking it the green way: Artificial grass looks... (May '09) Dec 17 Fyi 18
Night Stalker case led to changes in courts and... (Jun '13) Nov 25 If You Want Blood 2

South Pasadena News Video

South Pasadena Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

South Pasadena People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

South Pasadena News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in South Pasadena

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:22 pm PST