UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel say...

UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

There are 35072 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Sep 13, 2010, titled UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

Trojan

Whittier, CA

#19539 Mar 31, 2013
Interesting...

Once UCLA failed to land Virginia Commonwealth Coach Shaka Smart and Butler's Brad Stevens, Athletic Director Dan Guerrero talked to Phil Jackson's representative.

Guerrero didn't want Jackson as coach, but rather to have him lead the search for a new UCLA basketball coach.

Jackson was agreeable.

Guerrero talked to Jackson's agent about having a news conference to announce Jackson was onboard.

Jackson's agent told Guerrero what it would cost to hire him as consultant. As part of the discussion, UCLA hoped to count on Jackson meeting with recruits later to help the new coach in his work.

Guerrero told Jackson's agent he would take the holiday weekend before putting the deal together.

And don't we all know what happens when Jackson's name is mentioned and folks wait the weekend before finalizing anything?

Guerrero never got back to Jackson's agent and on Saturday hired Steve Alford.
Bruin For Life

North Hollywood, CA

#19540 Mar 31, 2013
Trojan wrote:
Interesting...
Once UCLA failed to land Virginia Commonwealth Coach Shaka Smart and Butler's Brad Stevens, Athletic Director Dan Guerrero talked to Phil Jackson's representative.
Guerrero didn't want Jackson as coach, but rather to have him lead the search for a new UCLA basketball coach.
Jackson was agreeable.
Guerrero talked to Jackson's agent about having a news conference to announce Jackson was onboard.
Jackson's agent told Guerrero what it would cost to hire him as consultant. As part of the discussion, UCLA hoped to count on Jackson meeting with recruits later to help the new coach in his work.
Guerrero told Jackson's agent he would take the holiday weekend before putting the deal together.
And don't we all know what happens when Jackson's name is mentioned and folks wait the weekend before finalizing anything?
Guerrero never got back to Jackson's agent and on Saturday hired Steve Alford.
The Hiring of Alford has to be an April fools joke, there's no way my Bruins could make such a low brow hire. There's high school coaches that make more sense than this....Trojan I apologize for my juvenile ways yes you are smarter than me and USC is a much better school than my beloved UCLA....Go Bruins
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#19541 Mar 31, 2013
BTW, I should have credited the post immediately preceding this one to T.J.
Fight On

Van Nuys, CA

#19542 Mar 31, 2013
Trojan wrote:
BTW, I should have credited the post immediately preceding this one to T.J.
Oh Trojan, with my looks, and your brains, we could go places. Happy Easter, whattaya say if we color each other's "huevos" (eggs for you gringos), and we have our own Easter egg hunt at Motel 6 ;) wouldn't that be so much fun?
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#19543 Mar 31, 2013
Fight On wrote:
<quoted text>Oh Trojan, with my looks, and your brains, we could go places. Happy Easter, whattaya say if we color each other's "huevos" (eggs for you gringos), and we have our own Easter egg hunt at Motel 6 ;) wouldn't that be so much fun?
Rob, have a great Easter. Same to everyone else.

Hope everyone is enjoying History Channel's "The Bible" as much as I am. Gonna have to get the DVD's, since I've missed the second half of many episodes. Though I may have to watch tonight's finale in its entirety.
Bruin Nation

North Hollywood, CA

#19544 Mar 31, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>
The Hiring of Alford has to be an April fools joke, there's no way my Bruins could make such a low brow hire. There's high school coaches that make more sense than this....Trojan I apologize for my juvenile ways yes you are smarter than me and USC is a much better school than my beloved UCLA....Go Bruins
Ya Rob I agree this is just horrible. I'm so embarrassed that I'm wearing my El Camino College sweats round my hood. Wore my Bruins cap yesterday only to be laughed at. My only hope is Alford has Ben's players he should do well next year kind of like Bartow inheriting Wooden's players cept he messed up with them...Oh how dreary life is now that we are the laughing stocks of College Basketball......Go Bruins!

Since: Jun 09

San Fernando Valley

#19545 Mar 31, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
So when is SUC hiring a coach? I heard Cheryl Miller turned them down.
How about Reggie Miller? SUC would take Bruin pedigree in second if there was interest!

Too bad Reggie would turn their ahsss down in a second! I think they caught Bibby back when he was having financial problems, otherwise..........

If they were smart (not Shaka) maybe they could try to lure in Paul Westphal. He is an ex-Trojan and would probably be the biggest name they possibly could get.
Inland emperor Trojan

Fontana, CA

#19546 Mar 31, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, idiot, because you're a masachist and love to feel pain, so obviously you keep coming back for more.
Maybe you're a massageonist....thats a guy who likes to get massages from masseur Dudes!!,LMAO

Since: Jun 09

San Fernando Valley

#19547 Mar 31, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Rob, have a great Easter. Same to everyone else.
Hope everyone is enjoying History Channel's "The Bible" as much as I am. Gonna have to get the DVD's, since I've missed the second half of many episodes. Though I may have to watch tonight's finale in its entirety.
Look around on the History Channel at late night, early morning for reruns. I think they are repeating all the episodes here and there.

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE (yes, even the El Monte troll. He NEEDS a resurrection more than anyone)!
Inland emperor Trojan

Fontana, CA

#19548 Mar 31, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>Oh!!!! Lew Alcidor - Kareem Abdul Jabbar "Mr. Personality"? he has the personality of a door knob, he thinks just because he is Kareem, he would be able to coach, he wouldn't be able to rectuit if his l.ife depended on it.
Some grattitude on your part for a guy who put your school on the map!....Yoy think Wooden was gonna keep dominating the Nation with dominative shrimps like Goodrich and Hazzard?!
Bruin For Life

North Hollywood, CA

#19549 Mar 31, 2013
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>How about Reggie Miller? SUC would take Bruin pedigree in second if there was interest!
Too bad Reggie would turn their ahsss down in a second! I think they caught Bibby back when he was having financial problems, otherwise..........
If they were smart (not Shaka) maybe they could try to lure in Paul Westphal. He is an ex-Trojan and would probably be the biggest name they possibly could get.
Yeah I agree Brewmeister but the TrOJan job is not a big time gig so who cares even though whoever they hire will be better than Steve Alford...I never thought I would live to see the day when my Bruins would be rejected by every decent coach in the land. Maybe they can have free seating during the Alford regime to lure a real big time coach by the time we fire him which should be next year....Don't laugh so hard at us sports world Alford did win a NCAA title as a player at Indiana.....Go Bruins!
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#19550 Mar 31, 2013
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>Look around on the History Channel at late night, early morning for reruns. I think they are repeating all the episodes here and there.
HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE (yes, even the El Monte troll. He NEEDS a resurrection more than anyone)!
Yeah, I caught some parts yesterday, thanks! Probably catch a few more parts I missed while spending Easter with the family.

Kind of neat that a show about scripture is the #1 rated cable show right now. I don't pretend to walk the walk anywhere near as well as I should. But reminders such as this show at least get me think about getting back on the path. Certain "buddies" of mine make it difficult sometimes.:-)

But even to him and those like him, I wish nothing but peace on this holiest of days.

Be safe out there!! Watch out for those who gave up the sauce for Lent and whose tolerance may have dropped a bit during those 43 days! LOL!!
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#19551 Mar 31, 2013
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>How about Reggie Miller? SUC would take Bruin pedigree in second if there was interest!
I had kicked that name around, but Trojans I know don't want him. They want someone younger, who's still in the game and hasn't been sitting on the sidelines for the past couple of years.

FYI, just as with being a U.S. marine, you're never an "ex-Trojan".
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#19552 Mar 31, 2013
Inland emperor Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>Some grattitude on your part for a guy who put your school on the map!
And yet he TRIES to claim Bruins are loyal. LOL!!

Real Bruins may be, but not many of their "fans".
Fight On

Van Nuys, CA

#19553 Mar 31, 2013
<quoted text>Maybe you're a massageonist....thats a guy who likes to get massages from masseur Dudes!!,LMAO
this coming from a Guy who has posted such crap as this: "if Shabazz Muhammad gets drafted I will bow him" and if UCLA makes it to the tournament I will blow you" and constantly posting about "Pearl necklaces" and now you're disclosing to be an expert in 'massageonism" LMFAO
Bruin For Life

North Hollywood, CA

#19554 Mar 31, 2013
So letís get this straight Ö Even though I am not :)

The Bruins replaced a coach who hasnít been to the Sweet 16 in five years with a coach who hasnít been to the Sweet 16 this century Ö

They hired a guy whose mentor, Bob Knight, is the most outspoken critic of John Wooden Ö

They hired a guy who is a Hoosier hero but was passed over for the Indiana job once twice three times Ö

They hired a guy who pledged his commitment to New Mexico, then proceeded to break that commitment 10 days later Ö

They hired a guy who just lost to Harvard in the round of 64 Ö

All of which makes Steve Alford-to-UCLA a surprising hire, an interesting hire, a wait-and-see hire Ö a bad hire.

Fight On

Van Nuys, CA

#19555 Mar 31, 2013
<quoted text>Maybe you're a massageonist....thats a guy who likes to get massages from masseur Dudes!!,LMAO
how 'bout you me and Trojan get together and we all get a massage from your favorite massage dude.
Bruin For Life

North Hollywood, CA

#19556 Mar 31, 2013
Fight On wrote:
<quoted text>how 'bout you me and Trojan get together and we all get a massage from your favorite massage dude.
That would be me sweetie, and what time would you three like your rub down? In honor of Steve Alford's hiring we have a special on the "Bruin Pickle Massage"....Go Bruins!
Fight On

Van Nuys, CA

#19557 Mar 31, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I caught some parts yesterday, thanks! Probably catch a few more parts I missed while spending Easter with the family.
Kind of neat that a show about scripture is the #1 rated cable show right now. I don't pretend to walk the walk anywhere near as well as I should. But reminders such as this show at least get me think about getting back on the path. Certain "buddies" of mine make it difficult sometimes.:-)
But even to him and those like him, I wish nothing but peace on this holiest of days.
Be safe out there!! Watch out for those who gave up the sauce for Lent and whose tolerance may have dropped a bit during those 43 days! LOL!!
now, now, fellow Trojan, we Trojans do not blame others for our religious shortcomings, you remember when Lifer posted a similar post and you blasted him? We can not let Bruins have so much control over us.
Fight On

Van Nuys, CA

#19558 Mar 31, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be me sweetie, and what time would you three like your rub down? In honor of Steve Alford's hiring we have a special on the "Bruin Pickle Massage"....Go Bruins!
in an hour baby I hear Bruins have studly hands...hmmm I can't wait ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Montebello CM back in the news 23 min Wonder Why 12
good job montebello 42 min Montebello is a mess 4
With all the wildfires, why would anyone want t... 55 min Floridian 1
DACA is banning Mexicans from US 2 hr figgypops 9
Brad Perrin has a Tantrum 2 hr Linda The Liar 9
Montebello Pension Reform (May '11) 2 hr Truth Squad 309
Brad Perrin is Montebello's wolf in sheep's clo... 2 hr Linda The Liar 39

South Pasadena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance