UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl. Full Story
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

#19397 Mar 28, 2013
Inland emperor Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>IDN , what did he mean?....like the way they were hanging or something?.....kinda like a ucla twin Ball-Sack!.....It was probably UCLA's CR Roberts who made the comment/observation!,lmao
Ya I agree, I once ran in to Chris Roberts at the Rose Bowl parking lot, I asked him if I can give him a "twin ball suck" he said "you have to see it to believe it"....Go Bruins!

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#19398 Mar 28, 2013
<quoted text>He didn't graduate already?!!....what was he doing while he was there??!
he went pro as a Junior, read the darn artical before commenting dude

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#19399 Mar 28, 2013
<quoted text>IDN , what did he mean?....like the way they were hanging or something?.....kinda like a ucla twin Ball-Sack!.....It was probably UCLA's CR Roberts who made the comment/observation!,lmao
Once again read the artical before commenting, you can read can't you?

“TRADITION RICH!”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#19400 Mar 28, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
Poor baby demanded to be traded now liv with it!
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--sources--ca...
Here let me me search second-rate Yahoo for a hate slanted article about one of your (B)ruins QBs in the NFL.....wait.......there isnt any to even write about!!! HaHa

“TRADITION RICH!”

San Marino, CA

#19401 Mar 28, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
From an article on USA today on Barkleys pro day;
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013...
"Woods, a potential first-round pick, said Barkley's balls looked "great." "
Really ????
LOL
Really!!!! Apparently the same observation made by quite a few NFL personnel there too!

“TRADITION RICH!”

San Marino, CA

#19402 Mar 28, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
Despite being a (B)ruin, I have always liked Jones-Drew. Reminds me of the nursey rhymme about the little engine that could?!
USA TDAY DELUSIONAL FANS

Los Angeles, CA

#19403 Mar 28, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again read the artical before commenting, you can read can't you?
Former Tennessee Volunteers head coach Bruce Pearl . There have been rumors lately that Pearl was to be interviewed by the UCLA Bruins who recently fired head coach Ben Howland. Those rumors were dispelled as he blasted the entire UCLA basketball program on ESPN radio.
“If they had fans, if they actually had people that would fill up Pauley Pavilion and fight the traffic in Westwood and care about their basketball team,” Pearl stated when asked about the school with the most delusional fan base.“They are talking about the fact that their coaches can’t live up to John Wooden. The fan base at UCLA can’t live up to the fan base that John Wooden had. They’re watching the Lakers and watching the Clippers. To think that they’re going to bring in a better coach right now is unrealistic. They just won the Pac-12; they had the No. 2 recruiting class; they think they’re going to go Final Fours in a row every year? I think that’s delusional. I don’t think that’s realistic.”
Pearl also continued on to say that UCLA was crazy for believing that they could get a coach like Shaka Smart (from VCU) because no one wants to coach for a team whose best players are one and done year after year.
However, as harsh as it may seem, there may be some truth behind Pearl’s words. The Bruins may be living in the Wooden era and not looking at their current, realistic situation as a basketball program. One thing is for sure – whoever inherits the UCLA coaching job will have a lot of work to do. With a rabid delusional liberal flamboyant fanbase.

“TRADITION RICH!”

San Marino, CA

#19404 Mar 28, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, CT, you must be hungover. I know you're not this slow.
I'm OK with acknowledging the banners w/o mentioning the improprieties. But idiots in Westwood shouldn't rag on USC for its improprieties, if they're going to try and deny their own. For the little bitches who cry, "There wasn't a finding in JW's case", they're just showing what morons they are. The NCAA's compliance department of the 60's can't possibly be compared to the compliance of the 2000's...primarily due to technology.
Everyone with a brain knows they had professional players up & down that Bruin roster. In fact, one dumbass even set the standard when referring to USC football players...if a Trojan says players are being paid, they must be. So, since Walton has admitted it, it must have also been the csse when JW was the coach.
It's either one way or the other for BOTH. But not this way for one and that way for the other. Only an IDIOT would try to use one set of rules for USC and another set of rules for the Bruin.
Neither hungover or slow. Sometimes I wonder how many times you and Rob can call eachother morons. I much rather hear you discuss USC athletics then jousting matches with and anger issue (B)ruins that we know will never have resolve...
Trojan

Encino, CA

#19405 Mar 28, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Neither hungover or slow. Sometimes I wonder how many times you and Rob can call eachother morons. I much rather hear you discuss USC athletics then jousting matches with and anger issue (B)ruins that we know will never have resolve...
LOL!! You're one to talk. You seldom allow him to get away with posting bullshit without responding.

My point was simple...I can ignore the paid players on JW's teams if they can refrain from looking like fools for calling us cheaters. We've both done things we shouldn't have.
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

#19406 Mar 28, 2013
USA TDAY DELUSIONAL FANS wrote:
<quoted text>
Former Tennessee Volunteers head coach Bruce Pearl . There have been rumors lately that Pearl was to be interviewed by the UCLA Bruins who recently fired head coach Ben Howland. Those rumors were dispelled as he blasted the entire UCLA basketball program on ESPN radio.
“If they had fans, if they actually had people that would fill up Pauley Pavilion and fight the traffic in Westwood and care about their basketball team,” Pearl stated when asked about the school with the most delusional fan base.“They are talking about the fact that their coaches can’t live up to John Wooden. The fan base at UCLA can’t live up to the fan base that John Wooden had. They’re watching the Lakers and watching the Clippers. To think that they’re going to bring in a better coach right now is unrealistic. They just won the Pac-12; they had the No. 2 recruiting class; they think they’re going to go Final Fours in a row every year? I think that’s delusional. I don’t think that’s realistic.”
Pearl also continued on to say that UCLA was crazy for believing that they could get a coach like Shaka Smart (from VCU) because no one wants to coach for a team whose best players are one and done year after year.
However, as harsh as it may seem, there may be some truth behind Pearl’s words. The Bruins may be living in the Wooden era and not looking at their current, realistic situation as a basketball program. One thing is for sure – whoever inherits the UCLA coaching job will have a lot of work to do. With a rabid delusional liberal flamboyant fanbase.
Ya I agree, this is very embarrassing for our Bruins to be talked about like this. Sad but true we are delusional. We will never land an elite coach Mark Gottfried might even turn us down maybe Tim Floyd can rescue us.....Go Bruins!
Bruin For Life

Compton, CA

#19407 Mar 28, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU are the moron and in denial. You are the exact type of idiot to which I was referring.(Not surprised...too stupid to know what sour grapes means, typing the words "more stupider", the idiot who claimed if players stated it, it must be true, UNLESS IT'S A BRUIN WHO SAYS IT ABOUT JW!! LOL!!!!)
You are still and will always be the BIGGEST IDIOT on Topix. As Bill Engvall would say, here's your sign. ROTFLMAO!!!
We've already beat beat this dead horse, but let's do it one more time...I AGREED WITH YOU BEFORE, YES, IF THE PLAYER SAYS IT IS TRUE...HOWEVER, SAM GILBERT WAS NOT PART OF UCLA, HE WAS AS JW REFERRED TO HIM AS AN "OVER ZEALOUS" UCLA fan, whom JW tried to keep away from his players. OF COURSE Mr. delusional A S S H O L E you will ignore this post and keep bringing up again in the future...Marc Tyler said USC broke bread for their players, DURING his playing days - so, it's true!!! Joe McKnight said Pete Carroll and Reggie Bush got on a 3-way call with him - THAT IS AGAINST THE RULES, MORON!! before he signed his LOI to assure him USC would not get on probation while he played at USC because USC had done nothing wrong - Joe said it, so yes it is true...the difference?? Pete Carroll is a coach = VIOLATION.

Bill Walton said he got gifts, attended parties thrown by Sam Gilbert, so it's true! differene? NCAA found NO wrong doing by UCLA and JW, therefore UCLA was cleared! just as USC would be cleared of YOU or Bite On iviting USC players for parties, drinking, and giving them gift cards without the knowledge of USC or their staff - as it is clear in the case of UCLA basketball in the late '60s and early '70s...SO, EAT SHYT, MOTHER EFFER.
Bruin For Life

Compton, CA

#19408 Mar 28, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Neither hungover or slow. Sometimes I wonder how many times you and Rob can call eachother morons. I much rather hear you discuss USC athletics then jousting matches with and anger issue (B)ruins that we know will never have resolve...
He's an effing retard that enjoys beating a dead horse, he apparently is retarded or suffers from alzheimer's decease. see my above post.
Bruin For Life

Compton, CA

#19409 Mar 28, 2013
As if any Bruin fan is going to read any posts coming from El Monte. LMAO what a retard.

“USC=Greatest team of BCS era!”

Since: Aug 08

Burn, baby, burn!

#19410 Mar 28, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
Poor baby demanded to be traded now liv with it!
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--sources--ca...
In reading the article, I noticed that he's already restructured his contract twice, as requested by the Raiders. So how many more times should he continue to let the Raiders lower his salary? It seems to me that he's compromised in good faith, and has set $13 million as the salary he expects to receive to continue to play for the Raiders in their current configuration, which he probably anticipates won't achieve much next season. He would probably also take less than $13 million to play for a contending team. The rest of that article is conjecture and "close sources."
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

#19411 Mar 28, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>We've already beat beat this dead horse, but let's do it one more time...I AGREED WITH YOU BEFORE, YES, IF THE PLAYER SAYS IT IS TRUE...HOWEVER, SAM GILBERT WAS NOT PART OF UCLA, HE WAS AS JW REFERRED TO HIM AS AN "OVER ZEALOUS" UCLA fan, whom JW tried to keep away from his players. OF COURSE Mr. delusional A S S H O L E you will ignore this post and keep bringing up again in the future...Marc Tyler said USC broke bread for their players, DURING his playing days - so, it's true!!! Joe McKnight said Pete Carroll and Reggie Bush got on a 3-way call with him - THAT IS AGAINST THE RULES, MORON!! before he signed his LOI to assure him USC would not get on probation while he played at USC because USC had done nothing wrong - Joe said it, so yes it is true...the difference?? Pete Carroll is a coach = VIOLATION.
Bill Walton said he got gifts, attended parties thrown by Sam Gilbert, so it's true! differene? NCAA found NO wrong doing by UCLA and JW, therefore UCLA was cleared! just as USC would be cleared of YOU or Bite On iviting USC players for parties, drinking, and giving them gift cards without the knowledge of USC or their staff - as it is clear in the case of UCLA basketball in the late '60s and early '70s...SO, EAT SHYT, MOTHER EFFER.
Ya I agree. Calling Sam Gilbert an over zealous fan is like calling Barack Obama a frequent visitor to the White House.....Go Bruins!
Trojan

Encino, CA

#19412 Mar 28, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>We've already beat beat this dead horse, but let's do it one more time...
No thanks. Didn't bother with the rest of your bullshit.

You can't comprehend the simplest facts. You've proven it over & over again. You're a hypocritical jackass.
Trojan

Encino, CA

#19413 Mar 28, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
As if any Bruin fan is going to read any posts coming from El Monte. LMAO what a retard.
Only idiot who "beats a dead horse" is you. Hell, look at your post above, you idiot!

“TRADITION RICH!”

San Marino, CA

#19414 Mar 28, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!! You're one to talk. You seldom allow him to get away with posting bullshit without responding.
True, but I rarely engage three pages of back and forth dialogue with him on one subject - LOL

But you would be right if you said myself and that LSU fool Art Deco Man... I guess we all have our agitators whose stupidly gets under our skin… HaHa
Trojan

Encino, CA

#19415 Mar 28, 2013
Ooos...replied to the wrong post. But I will say that the posts coming from El Monte are no worse than yours.

“TRADITION RICH!”

San Marino, CA

#19416 Mar 28, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>He's an effing retard that enjoys beating a dead horse, he apparently is retarded or suffers from alzheimer's decease. see my above post.
Remember, it takes two to dance.......... well maybe not always. That is why some of us love our mirrors... HaHa

So since you always like to call me out for making bold predictions, care to make one as to your new coach? Unlike USC who will most likely benefit by our coaching choice regardless,
(B)ruin basketball has way more on the line to try to bring in the right guy hoping to stave off your 18 years of underachievement.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Financial Plus Investment (Jul '08) 16 min El Modelos Maxim 2,434
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr Bently 19,559
Poisoned Drinking Water Supply 16 hr Cancer Alert 1
Manhattan Beach to vote on FAA airspace plan (Oct '10) 22 hr Voter 23
Teens left Westside park when gang members show... (Apr '10) Sat homeless person 430
Faking it the green way: Artificial grass looks... (May '09) Dec 17 Fyi 18
Night Stalker case led to changes in courts and... (Jun '13) Nov 25 If You Want Blood 2

Beach Hazards Statement for Los Angeles County was issued at December 21 at 10:50AM PST

South Pasadena News Video

South Pasadena Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

South Pasadena People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

South Pasadena News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in South Pasadena

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:55 pm PST