UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl. Full Story

“TRADITION RICH!”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#17721 Feb 7, 2013
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>Heh heh heh heh heh! Athletes that become TrOJans (people like Reggie Bush, Joe McKnight, and Mark Sanchez) feel they have an automatic sense of entitlement!
If that is not a stereotyped, blanket statement, I dont know what is! That would be like me saying athletes that become (B)ruins feel lucky to be able to stay in Los Angeles after the Trojans rejected them! Hmmmm, stratch that comparison. I guess that is too much of a true statement! HaHa

Since: Jun 09

San Fernando Valley

#17722 Feb 7, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>USC - WIN FOREVER
You mean like winning 7 out of 13 games? Even Hollywood Carroll would be rolling over in his own book on that one! Heh heh heh heh heh heh

“TRADITION RICH!”

San Marino, CA

#17723 Feb 7, 2013
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>You mean like winning 7 out of 13 games? Even Hollywood Carroll would be rolling over in his own book on that one! Heh heh heh heh heh heh
Hey from my calculations that still beats only winning 69 out of 140 games like your hapless (B)ruins have in the last 10 years... HaHa

“TRADITION RICH!”

San Marino, CA

#17725 Feb 7, 2013
All you cocky (B)ruin fans should still be kissing the feet of Anthony Barr. If it wasnt for him knocking MB7 out of the USC/UCLA game, we would have scored the go ahead TD and your boys would have crumbled. As it was, after we spotted you the 24-0 lead, we outscored you 28-7 and were driving as you were shaking in your baby blues. Yup, suck Anthony Barrs toes while you are at it. He allowed you losers to finally win one against us. Come to think of it, you should have suited up Barr on your basketball squad. He might of had a chance to blindside one of our players in hopes to dismantle the fact USC basketball BEAT UCLA basketball... HaHa

USC FOOTBALL - 2013 THE TITLE WILL COME BACK WHERE IT BELONGS

“TRADITION RICH!”

San Marino, CA

#17726 Feb 7, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>Success??
Exactly Robbie. You dont know what that means. You only had an appetizer taste of it. You have to go back 7 or 8 years in football and basketball to remember some form of that beyond a year here and a year there... HaHa

“UCLA112 Natties ClownCollege98”

Since: Aug 09

UCLA 35 - Clown College 14

#17727 Feb 7, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Well then if thats the way you feel Robbie, change the oil in my Porsche and make it snappy!!! HaHa
I don't even change my own oil, not that I'm not capable of it, but every time I've tried it I get full of grease and/or oil, and you would swear that I just gave my engine an overhaul...so I simply gave that that up. I would rather pay $30.00 and havet them do it in 15 minutes, if I do it I'll ruin anything that I'm wearing, and for saving $10.00 I end up paying $100.00.

Anyhoo, change your own oil...you effing lazy ass!!

#17728 Feb 7, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
All you cocky (B)ruin fans should still be kissing the feet of Anthony Barr. If it wasnt for him knocking MB7 out of the USC/UCLA game, we would have scored the go ahead TD and your boys would have crumbled. As it was, after we spotted you the 24-0 lead, we outscored you 28-7 and were driving as you were shaking in your baby blues. Yup, suck Anthony Barrs toes while you are at it. He allowed you losers to finally win one against us. Come to think of it, you should have suited up Barr on your basketball squad. He might of had a chance to blindside one of our players in hopes to dismantle the fact USC basketball BEAT UCLA basketball... HaHa
USC FOOTBALL - 2013 THE TITLE WILL COME BACK WHERE IT BELONGS
If if if if if your grandma had testicles she would have been your grandpa. Eat crow beyatch!!!

#17729 Feb 7, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly Robbie. You dont know what that means. You only had an appetizer taste of it. You have to go back 7 or 8 years in football and basketball to remember some form of that beyond a year here and a year there... HaHa
Don't bite you tongue bud, I've looked back in the past 7 or 8 years and I found not titles for the supposedly "successful" football program.

USC - National Champions of 5-star recruits...and ZERO NCs.
UCLA - We...just...in...on the field....and on the recruiting trails.

EAT CROW, BEYATCH!!!

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#17730 Feb 7, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly Robbie. You dont know what that means. You only had an appetizer taste of it. You have to go back 7 or 8 years in football and basketball to remember some form of that beyond a year here and a year there... HaHa
thirty eight to twenty eight

38 to 28

38 to 28

38 to 28
WWJD

Los Angeles, CA

#17731 Feb 7, 2013
Stop the hate
Bruin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

#17732 Feb 7, 2013
BTW IE Trojan, Shabazz leads all freshmen in scoring at over 18 points.
Bruin Bob

Los Angeles, CA

#17733 Feb 7, 2013
Chalk up another win for our team! That's right another Bruin comes out of the closet. Brendon Ayanbadejo now joins the likes of Hall of FLamers: The lovely and ravishing Bruin Nation, tantalizing Tony From ELA, Busty Bruin For Life, and that well hung fella Just Me Wolffie....Go Bruins!
Inland emperor Trojan

Fontana, CA

#17734 Feb 8, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>Success?? yes...."tainted" success...just like Barry Bonds Homeruns "tainted" all that success means absolutely nothing to the rest of the country, it only means something to trojan fans like yourself, that don't know squat about football, that think getting 5-star players is more important than a 4-star player that can actuall fill a void and increase depth in an are needed.
You don't know shit about football, CT, the sooner you admit this, the sooner we will all know why you're the most ignorant "football poster" on here. I emphasize ignorany "football poster" because I know you're a smart person - in other areas - just not football. It's okay CT, scientists are have the most brilliant minds, but I bet wouldn't even be able to change the oil in their cars.
How bout the tainted success of UCLA and John Woooden!, nobody likes to talk about that, as though its to sacred.
Trust me,there has never been a bigger officiating bias anywhere ,than when John Wooden coached at ucla ,you had to be about 20pts better than UCLA ,to over come it!
Inland emperor Trojan

Fontana, CA

#17735 Feb 8, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
BTW IE Trojan, Shabazz leads all freshmen in scoring at over 18 points.
Really,he also leads all freshman in throwing a conniption fit-clapping his hands together and trying to get the ball out of the hands of the guy who made the game winner!,pfft,what a Turkey,Shabazz ....then he wasn't even happy Drew won the game for them , because he wanted to be the glory hound!
I wish I knew how to cut and past those game highlights on here--if somebody can do that with the last shot ,that would be great,or just go see the highlights on ESPN , and just watch Shabazz the whole time ,as Drew sets himself up to make the game winner....its hilarious!!
Inland emperor Trojan

Fontana, CA

#17736 Feb 8, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>yah,.BH best at preparting NBA talent, worst at using players talent to win while at UCLA.
I disagree with that assessment , Westbrook had to learn the game all over again when he got to OKC , he made so many turnovers and blunders it was ridiculous-and he couldn't shoot ,and Love was no real instant success either , I remember everytime he tried to shoot over Odom , Odom would reject his shot, like KL was Billy Barty!...and who are the other guys in the league?--Mahbe Muhte and a few other journey men?!
I LOVE THE HATE

Tujunga, CA

#17737 Feb 8, 2013
You gotta love it!
Inland emperor Trojan

Fontana, CA

#17738 Feb 8, 2013
I LOVE THE HATE wrote:
You gotta love it!
Hate is good , like greed ,sometimes ,lol....

#17739 Feb 8, 2013
Inland emperor Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>How bout the tainted success of UCLA and John Woooden!, nobody likes to talk about that, as though its to sacred.
Trust me,there has never been a bigger officiating bias anywhere ,than when John Wooden coached at ucla ,you had to be about 20pts better than UCLA ,to over come it!
Tainted? reeeeeeeeeally? The John Wooden teams were never on placed on probation.

The NCAA investigated, and according to them they either found nothing, or nothing warranting sanctions. The USC football program WAS found guilty of violations in those years win which they seemed unbeatable...I know you're going to ask, "how did that make Reggie a better player? it's not like he took steroids" - me response would be,'USC knew about the infractions, and did nothing, winning became more iportant'.

Do you remember DeShawn Foster? he showed up to school one day in a brand new SUV - what did UCLA do? the dismissed him from the team, EVEN IF he was the star of the program, playing by the rules, and protecting the integrity of the UCLA program became more important...something that apparently is not as important at USC.

Am I saying the UCLA players never received gifts from Sam Gilbert? no I am not saying that at all. But what I conted is, the severity or degree of those "infranctions" may not have been to the degree of other programs that got major sanctions. How many of us that tail gate at the Rose Bowl or Trojan fans at the Coliseum, are guilty of offerig food to the players once the game is over and they are making their way to find friends, family, or simply wating for the bus to depart to their destination albeit, Hotel, Airport, or back to the campus, the players always accept food or a soda after the games, shouldn't this also be an infraction? but why isn't being inforced? probably because it's so minute, and petty the NCAA ignores it.

Being a Trojan fan, I'm sure you are aware of Marv Goux, he was funneling money to the USC players from the Alumni and Boosters in the late '60s and 70's, the NCAA found USC guilty and were placed on probation...receiving $$$ and cars is very different from dinners, and small stuff. Unless you can post something on here that says UCLA/Wooeden were found found guilty of anything, I will dismiss your allegation as "hear-say".

#17740 Feb 8, 2013
<quoted text>Really,he also leads all freshman in throwing a conniption fit-clapping his hands together and trying to get the ball out of the hands of the guy who made the game winner!,pfft,what a Turkey,Shabazz ....then he wasn't even happy Drew won the game for them , because he wanted to be the glory hound!
I wish I knew how to cut and past those game highlights on here--if somebody can do that with the last shot ,that would be great,or just go see the highlights on ESPN , and just watch Shabazz the whole time ,as Drew sets himself up to make the game winner....its hilarious!!
Okay, I get it, you don't like Shabazz...but he sorta does look a little like a turkey though, I will give you that much.

#17741 Feb 8, 2013
<quoted text>I disagree with that assessment , Westbrook had to learn the game all over again when he got to OKC , he made so many turnovers and blunders it was ridiculous-and he couldn't shoot ,and Love was no real instant success either , I remember everytime he tried to shoot over Odom , Odom would reject his shot, like KL was Billy Barty!...and who are the other guys in the league?--Mahbe Muhte and a few other journey men?!
I disagree with THIS assessment. Westbrook, played this style of basketball before coming to UCLA in High School, that style is what got him a scholarship...but his style of play, was temporatily changed while at UCLA, he did become a better overall team player, and a better defender though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 53 min melody colombus 19,556
Poisoned Drinking Water Supply 1 hr Cancer Alert 1
Manhattan Beach to vote on FAA airspace plan (Oct '10) 8 hr Voter 23
Teens left Westside park when gang members show... (Apr '10) 16 hr homeless person 430
Is Pico Rivera really this bad? (Feb '10) 18 hr Who 30
Faking it the green way: Artificial grass looks... (May '09) Dec 17 Fyi 18
Night Stalker case led to changes in courts and... (Jun '13) Nov 25 If You Want Blood 2

South Pasadena News Video

South Pasadena Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

South Pasadena People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

South Pasadena News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in South Pasadena

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:16 pm PST