UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

Full story: Whittier Daily News

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.
Comments
16,781 - 16,800 of 27,068 Comments Last updated 17 hrs ago
Trojan

Encino, CA

#17701 Feb 7, 2013
202 days to USC football!

Fight On!!

“Taking theTopix summer off!”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#17702 Feb 7, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>wait a minute, what??? when women reporters are around you can't walk around naked if you want??? F them!! get them the hell out!!
Look at you Robbie, flying high over something that may or may not come to fruition. The only real thing that you (B)ruins can say about your season is yes you FINALLY beat us after only one other success for the day in the last 12 years, and yes you FINALLY had a better season record then us since the 1990s. I know you and your coming-out-liberated (B)ruin posse which includes (I now feel tough because we beat you) BN and (basher) Bruise In are just gushing like elementary students who finally got the teachers approval on a book report. USC still has the most 5 star players in the nation and have as good of a chance as any Pac12 team to take that title back next year despite any sanction B.S. that still lingers.

USC - WE FIGHT ON

San Marino, CA

#17703 Feb 7, 2013
Inland emperor Trojan wrote:
But to answer your question more directly ,BFL , He actually looks like a turkey or something when he runs...have you noticed that?...goofy looking dude ,that Shabazz!
(B)ruin fans should worry more about their basketball team and Coach Howling (YELLING at them all the time) instead of whimsical hopes that a bunch of 4 star athletes will make them national contenders. Their fans had better hope their (B)ruin signing day of mid-level players translates to success because just the way they mock USC having thoroughbred 5 star players that cant win, they conveniently overlook that what they are saying EXACTLY correlates to their current basketball team of prima donnas... HaHa

FIGHT ON

San Marino, CA

#17704 Feb 7, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Your an Idiot CT.
I know you dont believe that BN. Maybe an outspoken dick, I can relate to that, but I take pride in my team AND the real success we have had over many, many seasons. You cant deny that... can you? If so, then that would be someone labeled an idiot... Whats that Rob? HaHa No, even Rob is not an idiot. He just gets as overzealous as I do sometimes. His is from hopeful anticipation, mine is from past expectations!!!

“112 National Titles”

Since: Aug 09

AND COUNTING!!!

#17705 Feb 7, 2013
Inland emperor Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>Really!!?, J Franklin of SDS had a field day with Shabazz guarding him , he couldn't guard anybody on ASU ; I couldn't watch the SC game , but I checked the game log and saw he missed the last 2 shots taken by the Bruins in OT ,( I believe)...and he came up with nothing at ASU when they needed it....nice try , but in all seriousness , for all the ballyhooing , he might be the most overated collage player I've ever seen!
I completely disagree, I think maybe the expectations were so high that most people thought they were gonna be seeing the next Lebron James or something. He reminds me of OJ Mayo.

“112 National Titles”

AND COUNTING!!!

#17706 Feb 7, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>USC still has the most 5 star players in the nation and have as good of a chance as any Pac12 team to take that title back next year despite any sanction B.S. that still lingers.
You still don't get it, do you? regarding the 5-star players you got. Not wating my time trying to educate you. scout.com UCLA #5 USC #18 rivals.com UCLA #11 USC #13 espn.com UCLA #12 USC #14 UCLA 38-USC-28 this is ALL you need to understand.

“112 National Titles”

AND COUNTING!!!

#17707 Feb 7, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>(B)ruin fans should worry more about their basketball team and Coach Howling (YELLING at them all the time) instead of whimsical hopes that a bunch of 4 star athletes will make them national contenders. Their fans had better hope their (B)ruin signing day of mid-level players translates to success because just the way they mock USC having thoroughbred 5 star players that cant win, they conveniently overlook that what they are saying EXACTLY correlates to their current basketball team of prima donnas... HaHa
FIGHT ON
yah, you wish buddy...UCLA is on cloud-nine, kicking ass and not even delusional trojies like you can knock us off. Basketball team will be fine, and even better when we get a new coach. UCLA fans have already accepted that as long as BH is here, we will be sitting on the fence...BH best at preparting NBA talent, worst at using players talent to win while at UCLA. That's all wrapped in that statement...CASE CLOSED. Let's get back to football recruiting, UCLA kicked your AAAAAAASSES!!! buahahahahahaha

“112 National Titles”

AND COUNTING!!!

#17708 Feb 7, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>I know you dont believe that BN. Maybe an outspoken dick, I can relate to that, but I take pride in my team AND the real success we have had over many, many seasons. You cant deny that... can you? If so, then that would be someone labeled an idiot... Whats that Rob? HaHa No, even Rob is not an idiot. He just gets as overzealous as I do sometimes. His is from hopeful anticipation, mine is from past expectations!!!
Success?? yes...."tainted" success...just like Barry Bonds Homeruns "tainted" all that success means absolutely nothing to the rest of the country, it only means something to trojan fans like yourself, that don't know squat about football, that think getting 5-star players is more important than a 4-star player that can actuall fill a void and increase depth in an are needed.

You don't know shit about football, CT, the sooner you admit this, the sooner we will all know why you're the most ignorant "football poster" on here. I emphasize ignorany "football poster" because I know you're a smart person - in other areas - just not football. It's okay CT, scientists are have the most brilliant minds, but I bet wouldn't even be able to change the oil in their cars.

“FIGHT ON!!!”

Since: Aug 08

Welcome back, Sark!!!

#17709 Feb 7, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
You feel different stripping down with people who have the POTENTIAL of looking at you in a sexual way.
In demanding that every athlete be OK with being having them in the locker room, they are forcing their own comfort level down other peoples' throats. That's not right either.
It's a difficult subject, with no easy answer.
I can understand that sentiment, but I don't think that's the message here. The message here is that they should be accepted as teammates as Pee Wee Reese accepted Jackie Robinson, and that it will take open acceptance on behalf of the athletes in order to affect any sort of real change in the perception of homosexuals in our society and in our athletics. As evidenced by the near unending string of homophobic posts on these boards, we are still a long ways from true acceptance.
Trojan

Encino, CA

#17710 Feb 7, 2013
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
I can understand that sentiment, but I don't think that's the message here. The message here is that they should be accepted as teammates as Pee Wee Reese accepted Jackie Robinson, and that it will take open acceptance on behalf of the athletes in order to affect any sort of real change in the perception of homosexuals in our society and in our athletics. As evidenced by the near unending string of homophobic posts on these boards, we are still a long ways from true acceptance.
I'm OK with people not accepting it. But I do agree STRONGLY with those "coexist" stickers. We need to find a better way of doing that.

We're all just trying to do the best we can for our loved ones. Let's let the stuff that doesn't matter go!

San Marino, CA

#17711 Feb 7, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>You still don't get it, do you? regarding the 5-star players you got. Not wating my time trying to educate you. scout.com UCLA #5 USC #18 rivals.com UCLA #11 USC #13 espn.com UCLA #12 USC #14 UCLA 38-USC-28 this is ALL you need to understand.
I do get it Robbie, but what you DONT get is your apples and oranges. If you say 5 star players dont always amount to anything (as when you attempt to bash USC and our top recruits), then the rankings of teams does not necessarily mean much either... What does mean something is history and tradition. The (B)ruins have only had 2 (count them TWO) good seasons in the last 12 years... HaHa - Now THAT is simple education!!!

San Marino, CA

#17712 Feb 7, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>Success?? yes...."tainted" success...just like Barry Bonds Homeruns "tainted" all that success means absolutely nothing to the rest of the country, it only means something to trojan fans like yourself, that don't know squat about football, that think getting 5-star players is more important than a 4-star player that can actuall fill a void and increase depth in an are needed.
You don't know shit about football, CT, the sooner you admit this, the sooner we will all know why you're the most ignorant "football poster" on here. I emphasize ignorany "football poster" because I know you're a smart person - in other areas - just not football. It's okay CT, scientists are have the most brilliant minds, but I bet wouldn't even be able to change the oil in their cars.
Well then if thats the way you feel Robbie, change the oil in my Porsche and make it snappy!!! HaHa

San Marino, CA

#17713 Feb 7, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm OK with people not accepting it. But I do agree STRONGLY with those "coexist" stickers. We need to find a better way of doing that.
We're all just trying to do the best we can for our loved ones. Let's let the stuff that doesn't matter go!
"Coexist"? You mean like Trojans and (B)ruins...the haves and the have-nots mingling, dogs and cats living together...Not on my watch! LOL

Since: Jun 09

San Fernando Valley

#17714 Feb 7, 2013
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> Two plates of Filet Mignon minus the bacon! Like all those 5-star USC studs who fell flat on their star-studded faces this past CFB season (closely resembling Manti Z'ro in the BCS NC game). As all the knowledgeable CFB fans around the country (led by yours truly, Coach Artie) were asking about the USC Trajons... "Where's the Beef?"
And God shouted down from Heaven...
"At McDonalds"
>:)
Heh heh heh heh heh! Athletes that become TrOJans (people like Reggie Bush, Joe McKnight, and Mark Sanchez) feel they have an automatic sense of entitlement!

San Fernando Valley

#17715 Feb 7, 2013
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
Pemmie, let me be the first to say that I apologize if I said anything personally to upset you and your homosexuality!

San Fernando Valley

#17716 Feb 7, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Well then if thats the way you feel Robbie, change the oil in my Porsche and make it snappy!!! HaHa
Be careful there BFL, make sure if you change his oil because he is too lame to even go to a self service station, that he pays you in cash.

He might have already overextended the limit on his parent's credit card allowance! Heh heh heh heh heh

San Fernando Valley

#17717 Feb 7, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>I know you dont believe that BN. Maybe an outspoken dick, I can relate to that!!!
Okay you can stop right there, that works!

San Fernando Valley

#17718 Feb 7, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Look at you Robbie, flying high over something that may or may not come to fruition.
I guess you got him CT. Nothing like your outlandish TrOJan National Championship and Barkley/Heisman declarations at the beginning of the season, right?!

I think TrOJans should really lay low on this forum for awhile. It is definitely their OFF season! Heh heh heh heh heh

San Marino, CA

#17719 Feb 7, 2013
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>Be careful there BFL, make sure if you change his oil because he is too lame to even go to a self service station, that he pays you in cash.
He might have already overextended the limit on his parent's credit card allowance! Heh heh heh heh heh
So funny Bruise In. Nice of you to show up? I guess your got your Pinto running enough to drive over to the Canoga Park library so you could use their public computer. I guess after the (B)ruins lose to Washington tonight we will AGAIN have the pleasure of not hearing from you for awhile... HaHa

San Marino, CA

#17720 Feb 7, 2013
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>Okay you can stop right there, that works!
Okay you can stop period, like in not showing up for another 3 months again...loser!!!

USC - WIN FOREVER
UCLA - FINALLY WON FOR ONE YEAR

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Financial Plus Investment (Jul '08) 1 hr Serpico 2,368
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr RiccardoFire 200,577
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr Duh 18,857
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 2 hr Macko mono 5,000
cheap pain meds for sale contact info@klenpharm... 7 hr sponderklen88 1
Serial Rapist Arrested In LA; 2 Victims in Chicago (Sep '07) 8 hr So scary 89
Axis Capital group - Heavy Equipment Firms Eye ... 8 hr kennethkkradley 1
•••

South Pasadena News Video

•••
South Pasadena Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

South Pasadena Jobs

•••