UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl. Full Story

“Media Darling USC! BRAAHAHAHA!”

Since: Jan 07

I'm Blessed to Live In DIXIE!

#16969 Jan 2, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
The ref in the Outback is sure trying to help Michigan.
Calling that 1st down when the ball clearly hadn't gotten to the stick was way too obvious.
> Yeah, no matter who you are pulling for in a game, you want the refereeing to be honest and fair. What a travesty that measurement was! Talk about making yourself look completely foolish, and inept on national TV. The head ref was way out of order with his call. All the television angles on the measurement showed the ball was at least two chain links short of a 1st down. Even some of the other officials were telling him the ball was short of the mark. He didn't want to hear any comments that his 1st down call was incorrect, evidently. Bad referees like that, who are so obvious in going over the line of fairness to tilt the game in the favor of one team, should be evaluated by the NCAA and given probation. They are like bad truck drivers on the roads of America, who have no regard for the safety of others on the road. Weed 'em out, and make the playing field even for both teams. Fair is fair!
>:|

“Media Darling USC! BRAAHAHAHA!”

Since: Jan 07

I'm Blessed to Live In DIXIE!

#16970 Jan 2, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
What a game!!! I was pulling for the Tigers from LSU but Clemson wanted it more. Sorry for the loss, coach Artie.
> Great game! But, once again inept coaching on the offensive side of the ball kept LSU from winning. Hats off to Clemson ... they played a hell of a game!
>:)

“Media Darling USC! BRAAHAHAHA!”

Since: Jan 07

I'm Blessed to Live In DIXIE!

#16971 Jan 2, 2013
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Artie, you just have to loving that non-gallant effort put forth by the University of Spoiled Children today. The pompous A-holes thought the Sun Bowl game was beneath their 7-5 (now 7-6) record. Heh heh heh heh heh heh heh
Once CT the Chronic Trembler gets back from his banana boat tour, please make sure you welcome him back appropriately!!!
Great job Georgia Tech, way to earn some recognition by respecting the bowl game that you were accepted to!!!
> What's the deal with USC not showing up for the dinner that was thrown for both teams? Out of respect for the Sun Bowl who invited USC to the game, show up and be cordial about your invitation. It's also called respect, and being appreciative for being recognized by the bowl organizers.
>:/

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#16972 Jan 2, 2013
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> Great game! But, once again inept coaching on the offensive side of the ball kept LSU from winning. Hats off to Clemson ... they played a hell of a game!
>:)
Class

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#16973 Jan 2, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Class
Rooooooooooll Tide

“USC=Greatest team of BCS era!”

Since: Aug 08

Burn, baby, burn!

#16974 Jan 2, 2013
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> What's the deal with USC not showing up for the dinner that was thrown for both teams? Out of respect for the Sun Bowl who invited USC to the game, show up and be cordial about your invitation. It's also called respect, and being appreciative for being recognized by the bowl organizers.
>:/
They showed up, but they were 30 minutes late. Their flight was late, causing practice to start and end late, causing them to be late to the dinner. Sun Bowl reps were aware as they were with them all day since their arrival, and none of them mentioned anything to the team. This was all southern-fried media-generated, looking to create controversy and paint USC and Kiffin in a bad light. We did a good enough job of stepping on our own dycks this post-season, we don't need any help from the media and the haters.

GT was scheduled to arrive 15 minutes earlier than USC, according to the official itinerary. They showed up 30 minutes earlier than their scheduled time and USC was 30 minutes late to their scheduled time (despite starting practice 45 minutes late), thus the large gap in time between both teams: https://twitter.com/LindseyThiry/status/28435...

Also, even the Sun Bowl reps say it was no big deal:
https://twitter.com/HyundaiSunBowl/status/284...
https://twitter.com/HyundaiSunBowl/status/284...
https://twitter.com/HyundaiSunBowl/status/284...

But y'all are going to hate anyways, because it's USC.
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

#16975 Jan 2, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Class
Happy New Year Gumba! Howz it hanging?...wait a minute I know the answer to that question already...:)...Roll Tyde!...Go Bruins!
Trojan

Encino, CA

#16976 Jan 2, 2013
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
They showed up, but they were 30 minutes late. Their flight was late, causing practice to start and end late, causing them to be late to the dinner. Sun Bowl reps were aware as they were with them all day since their arrival, and none of them mentioned anything to the team. This was all southern-fried media-generated, looking to create controversy and paint USC and Kiffin in a bad light. We did a good enough job of stepping on our own dycks this post-season, we don't need any help from the media and the haters.
GT was scheduled to arrive 15 minutes earlier than USC, according to the official itinerary. They showed up 30 minutes earlier than their scheduled time and USC was 30 minutes late to their scheduled time (despite starting practice 45 minutes late), thus the large gap in time between both teams: https://twitter.com/LindseyThiry/status/28435...
Also, even the Sun Bowl reps say it was no big deal:
https://twitter.com/HyundaiSunBowl/status/284...
https://twitter.com/HyundaiSunBowl/status/284...
https://twitter.com/HyundaiSunBowl/status/284...
But y'all are going to hate anyways, because it's USC.
If it hadn'tbeen for the rude tweets, it may not have been such a big deal. But when you layer that on top of it...it looks bad.

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#16977 Jan 2, 2013
fight on the Bigot Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy New Year Gumba! Howz it hanging?...wait a minute I know the answer to that question already...:)...Roll Tyde!...Go Bruins!
Once a homophobic Bigot always a homophobic Bigot

Since: Jun 09

San Fernando Valley

#16978 Jan 2, 2013
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
They showed up, but they were 30 minutes late. Their flight was late, causing practice to start and end late, causing them to be late to the dinner. Sun Bowl reps were aware as they were with them all day since their arrival, and none of them mentioned anything to the team. This was all southern-fried media-generated, looking to create controversy and paint USC and Kiffin in a bad light. We did a good enough job of stepping on our own dycks this post-season, we don't need any help from the media and the haters.
GT was scheduled to arrive 15 minutes earlier than USC, according to the official itinerary. They showed up 30 minutes earlier than their scheduled time and USC was 30 minutes late to their scheduled time (despite starting practice 45 minutes late), thus the large gap in time between both teams: https://twitter.com/LindseyThiry/status/28435...
Also, even the Sun Bowl reps say it was no big deal:
https://twitter.com/HyundaiSunBowl/status/284...
https://twitter.com/HyundaiSunBowl/status/284...
https://twitter.com/HyundaiSunBowl/status/284...
But y'all are going to hate anyways, because it's USC.
Well Pemmie, whatever you may want to call it I guess it was par for the misguided USC course this season. Their tweety performance off the field was equally as unenthusiastic as their on field appearance in the bowl game!!!

The Trojans should be proud by their bowl week demeanor. It helped Woods make his decision to get the hell outta Figueroa and head straight for the NFL! But heck, I think I wittek of done the same thing! Heh heh heh heh...

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#16979 Jan 2, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
If it hadn'tbeen for the rude tweets, it may not have been such a big deal. But when you layer that on top of it...it looks bad.
agree with ya,
But I love how many of the trojan faithful cover for Lane Kiffin, Blind love, the guys a cancer, and I hope SC offers him a 5 year extension.
Can't wait for Oregon/K state game, could be the best of the bowl season.

Since: Jun 09

San Fernando Valley

#16980 Jan 2, 2013
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> Great game! But, once again inept coaching on the offensive side of the ball kept LSU from winning. Hats off to Clemson ... they played a hell of a game!
>:)
Sorry for your loss, but as both our teams found out, when a team is playing hot or wants it bad enough, no bowl game is a sure thing!
Bruin For Life

Monterey Park, CA

#16981 Jan 2, 2013
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
They showed up, but they were 30 minutes late. Their flight was late, causing practice to start and end late, causing them to be late to the dinner. Sun Bowl reps were aware as they were with them all day since their arrival, and none of them mentioned anything to the team. This was all southern-fried media-generated, looking to create controversy and paint USC and Kiffin in a bad light. We did a good enough job of stepping on our own dycks this post-season, we don't need any help from the media and the haters.
GT was scheduled to arrive 15 minutes earlier than USC, according to the official itinerary. They showed up 30 minutes earlier than their scheduled time and USC was 30 minutes late to their scheduled time (despite starting practice 45 minutes late), thus the large gap in time between both teams: https://twitter.com/LindseyThiry/status/28435...
Also, even the Sun Bowl reps say it was no big deal:
https://twitter.com/HyundaiSunBowl/status/284...
https://twitter.com/HyundaiSunBowl/status/284...
https://twitter.com/HyundaiSunBowl/status/284...
But y'all are going to hate anyways, because it's USC.
Quit making excuses for them, the truth is they didn't want to be there and they didn't care who knew it, as evidenced by the players' tweets, and their play...so being late was perfectly normal, for USC.
Bruin For Life

Monterey Park, CA

#16982 Jan 2, 2013
By The way, USC lost ANOTHER recruit today a 5-star WR who decommitted today, so their Recruiting Ranking took another dive today, they are now just one spot ahead of USC.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z...
Bruin For Life

Monterey Park, CA

#16983 Jan 2, 2013
^^^^ shyt, they are now one spot ahead of UCLA.

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Columbus, OH

#16984 Jan 2, 2013
Someone on ESPN gathered these facts, history really does repeat itself. Check this out:

This history:

In 1987, ND beat Michigan State at home, scoring 31 points.
In 2011, ND beat Michigan State at home, scoring 31 points.

In 1987, ND finished the season with 8 wins.
In 2011, ND finished the season with 8 wins.

In 1987, ND lost their bowl game, a game they led early on.
In 2011, ND lost their bowl game, a game they led early on.

In 1987, ND lost their all-time leading receiver, Tim Brown, to graduation.
In 2011, ND lost their all-time leading receiver, Michael Floyd, to graduation.

In 1988, the ND QB was Tony Rice, who was from South Carolina . He started his 3rd career game against Michigan State in East Lansing . ND beat Michigan State by a score of 20-3. The star of the game was Notre Dame's defense, which held the Spartans to 89 yards rushing for the game. Defensive captain Michael Stonebreaker intercepted a pass in the 4th quarter to seal the win.
In 2012, the ND QB is Everett Golson, who is from South Carolina . He started his 3rd career game against Michigan State in East Lansing . ND beat Michigan State by a score of 20-3. The star of the game was Notre Dame's defense, which held the Spartans to 78 yards rushing for the game. Defensive captain Manti Te'o intercepted a pass in the 4th quarter to seal the win.

In 1988, Lou Holtz suspended his starting running back for the last game of the season, the farthest road game of the year.
In 2012, Brian Kelly suspended his starting running back for the first game of the season, the farthest road game of the year.

In 1988, Notre Dame defeated their highest ranked road opponent (USC) by 17 points (27-10).
In 2012, Notre Dame defeated their highest ranked road opponent ( Oklahoma ) by 17 points (30-13).

Only two coaches in the history of Notre Dame have recorded 12-0 records ó Lou Holtz in 1988 and Brian Kelly in 2012.

In 1988, Lou Holtz was in his third season.
In 2012, Brian Kelly is in his third season.

In 1988, Lou Holtz won his second Coach of the Year award.
In 2012, Brian Kelly won his second Coach of the Year award.

Notre Dame won the 1988 National Championship game at Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe, Arizona .
Notre Dame will play the 2012 BCS Championship game at Sun Life Stadium in Miami, Florida .

There are exactly 5 letters in the city names and 7 letters in the state names of those two locations.

In 1988, Miami was the defending national champion, winner of two national titles in the past five years.
In 2012, Alabama is the defending national champion, winner of two national titles in the past five years.

Miami was 37-5 in the 42 games played before meeting Notre Dame.
Alabama is 37-5 in the 42 games played before meeting Notre Dame.

In 1988, Jimmy Johnsonís winning percentage at Miami was .843 (43-8) before playing Notre Dame. After losing to Notre Dame, it was .827.
In 2012, Nick Sabanís winning percentage at Alabama is .837 (67-13) before playing Notre Dame. If Notre Dame wins, his winning percentage will be .827.

Brian Kelly and Lou Holtz were born 24 years apart.
Their first seasons at Notre Dame were exactly 24 years apart.

It's been exactly 24 years since Notre Dame won their last National Championship.
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

#16985 Jan 2, 2013
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry for your loss, but as both our teams found out, when a team is playing hot or wants it bad enough, no bowl game is a sure thing!
Ya I agree, we ran in to a buzz saw with Baylor no way we could compete with a team like that we were doomed from the outset...Speaking of hot, for dress down Friday I'm wearing my gold speedos and a cut off blue Bruin tank top to work, hows that for Bruin loyalty.... Go Bruins!
Bruin For Life

United States

#16986 Jan 2, 2013
Matt from Columbus wrote:
Someone on ESPN gathered these facts, history really does repeat itself. Check this out:
This history:
In 1987, ND beat Michigan State at home, scoring 31 points.
In 2011, ND beat Michigan State at home, scoring 31 points.
In 1987, ND finished the season with 8 wins.
In 2011, ND finished the season with 8 wins.
In 1987, ND lost their bowl game, a game they led early on.
In 2011, ND lost their bowl game, a game they led early on.
In 1987, ND lost their all-time leading receiver, Tim Brown, to graduation.
In 2011, ND lost their all-time leading receiver, Michael Floyd, to graduation.
In 1988, the ND QB was Tony Rice, who was from South Carolina . He started his 3rd career game against Michigan State in East Lansing . ND beat Michigan State by a score of 20-3. The star of the game was Notre Dame's defense, which held the Spartans to 89 yards rushing for the game. Defensive captain Michael Stonebreaker intercepted a pass in the 4th quarter to seal the win.
In 2012, the ND QB is Everett Golson, who is from South Carolina . He started his 3rd career game against Michigan State in East Lansing . ND beat Michigan State by a score of 20-3. The star of the game was Notre Dame's defense, which held the Spartans to 78 yards rushing for the game. Defensive captain Manti Te'o intercepted a pass in the 4th quarter to seal the win.
In 1988, Lou Holtz suspended his starting running back for the last game of the season, the farthest road game of the year.
In 2012, Brian Kelly suspended his starting running back for the first game of the season, the farthest road game of the year.
In 1988, Notre Dame defeated their highest ranked road opponent (USC) by 17 points (27-10).
In 2012, Notre Dame defeated their highest ranked road opponent ( Oklahoma ) by 17 points (30-13).
Only two coaches in the history of Notre Dame have recorded 12-0 records ó Lou Holtz in 1988 and Brian Kelly in 2012.
In 1988, Lou Holtz was in his third season.
In 2012, Brian Kelly is in his third season.
In 1988, Lou Holtz won his second Coach of the Year award.
In 2012, Brian Kelly won his second Coach of the Year award.
Notre Dame won the 1988 National Championship game at Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe, Arizona .
Notre Dame will play the 2012 BCS Championship game at Sun Life Stadium in Miami, Florida .
There are exactly 5 letters in the city names and 7 letters in the state names of those two locations.
In 1988, Miami was the defending national champion, winner of two national titles in the past five years.
In 2012, Alabama is the defending national champion, winner of two national titles in the past five years.
Miami was 37-5 in the 42 games played before meeting Notre Dame.
Alabama is 37-5 in the 42 games played before meeting Notre Dame.
In 1988, Jimmy Johnsonís winning percentage at Miami was .843 (43-8) before playing Notre Dame. After losing to Notre Dame, it was .827.
In 2012, Nick Sabanís winning percentage at Alabama is .837 (67-13) before playing Notre Dame. If Notre Dame wins, his winning percentage will be .827.
Brian Kelly and Lou Holtz were born 24 years apart.
Their first seasons at Notre Dame were exactly 24 years apart.
It's been exactly 24 years since Notre Dame won their last National Championship.
TWILIGHT ZONE

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#16987 Jan 3, 2013
fight o the Bigot troll wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya I agree, we ran in to a buzz saw with Baylor no way we could compete with a team like that we were doomed from the outset...Speaking of hot, for dress down Friday I'm wearing my gold speedos and a cut off blue Bruin tank top to work, hows that for Bruin loyalty.... Go Bruins!
still hanging on to your homophobia Troll?

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#16988 Jan 3, 2013
Artie Manhattan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya I agree, we ran in to a buzz saw with Baylor no way we could compete with a team like that we were doomed from the outset...Speaking of hot, for dress down Friday I'm wearing my gold speedos and a cut off blue Bruin tank top to work, hows that for Bruin loyalty.... Go Bruins!
That is hot Artie :)

I am still trying to get Brewski and Nation to wear color coordinated speedos but they are just still too angry about our disappointing end to the Bruin football season :(

Go Bruins, despite the 3 losses in a row, hot tub night continues!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 hr truth told 19,572
Review: Financial Plus Investment (Jul '08) 9 hr El Modelos Maxim 2,439
Faking it the green way: Artificial grass looks... (May '09) Dec 17 Fyi 18
Night Stalker case led to changes in courts and... (Jun '13) Nov '14 If You Want Blood 2
Police: 2 South Pasadena Students Planned High ... Aug '14 MIKETOUHY 3
South Pasadena to issue first emergency notific... Jul '14 Thomasjacob 1
Bristol is leaving as South Pasadena schools' c... (Jun '09) Jul '14 Broken 9

South Pasadena News Video

South Pasadena Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

South Pasadena People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

South Pasadena News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in South Pasadena

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:43 am PST