UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel say...

UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

There are 32590 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Sep 13, 2010, titled UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

Trojan

Whittier, CA

#16479 Dec 9, 2012
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
So at 147 million, and say he wins 20 games per season (he won't) for the 6 yrs. that $1.1 million victory.... crazy
Yeah, he made $13.5 last year. Don't know why they felt the need to go to $24.5!

Would have thought 6 years for $100M ($16.7/yr) would have been enough to grab him.

Oh well...good for Zack!
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#16480 Dec 9, 2012
Apparently, the Rangers were offering $20.0M/yr.
Bruin Gal

Van Nuys, CA

#16481 Dec 9, 2012
Why are y'all still talking about KP on here? We have a new prince in L.A. his name is Brett Hundley. Hundly will own the ToeJams over the next 3 years and a Heisman is in his future. UCLA owns USC now, we're panting this town Bruin blue. Go Bruins.
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#16482 Dec 9, 2012
BFL has a new identity! LOL!!

You'd think Bruin fans would wait to win at least 3 in a 5 year span before claiming to "own LA". If they can do that, I will admit they have caught back up to the Trojans.(Even Mora is smart enough to know this.) I can admit right now that they are off to a good start!

Whatever happens over the next 2-3 years will be affected by the scholarship reductions. A Bruin friend of mine was smart and said he wasn't going to be thrilled about beating USC until they have a full roster. "It's great not to have lost again. But the win, not that big of a deal." (Gotta love a Bruin who's real! But as I've stated, most people who actually graduated from each of the two schools usually are.)

Fight On! BEAT THE YELLOW JACKETS!!

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#16483 Dec 9, 2012
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
your right, 12 in a row......Oh My
Standing corrected and shouting Oh My! DabNabIt, all us Bruins are starting to sound the same :/

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#16484 Dec 9, 2012
Bruin Gal wrote:
Why are y'all still talking about KP on here? We have a new prince in L.A. his name is Brett Hundley. Hundly will own the ToeJams over the next 3 years and a Heisman is in his future. UCLA owns USC now, we're panting this town Bruin blue. Go Bruins.
Gal you are speaking my language :)

Just make sure you use the True Blue and not the Baby Blue when out tagging the town ;)

Go Bruins, we have to get this team color thing down though!

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#16485 Dec 9, 2012
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry disagree Manti should have gotten the Heisman.
I guess you would have been in that minority voting then Nation. But hey, I say we have another vote. Next Bruin hot tub party at:

WESTWOOD CAMPUS
MBD'S PLACE
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#16486 Dec 9, 2012
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, he made $13.5 last year. Don't know why they felt the need to go to $24.5!
Would have thought 6 years for $100M ($16.7/yr) would have been enough to grab him.
Oh well...good for Zack!
Dang! Kershaw was at %7.5M in 2012. Shouldn't make a difference. A contract is a contract. But you know how many pro athletes are!!
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#16487 Dec 9, 2012
Nice game winner for Kai Forbath today!

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#16488 Dec 9, 2012
Trojan wrote:
Nice game winner for Kai Forbath today!
Ya good to see him get a shot in the NFL

“UCLA - CHAMPIONS MADE HERE!”

Since: Aug 09

USC - WHERE CATFISH GRADUATE

#16489 Dec 9, 2012
Bruin Gal wrote:
Why are y'all still talking about KP on here? We have a new prince in L.A. his name is Brett Hundley. Hundly will own the ToeJams over the next 3 years and a Heisman is in his future. UCLA owns USC now, we're panting this town Bruin blue. Go Bruins.
careful Bruin Gal, around here you already have one strike when you identify yourself as a female, and two strikes when you refer to USC other than Trojans...heaven forbid you get into an argument with "someone" here...take heed.
Bruin BLUE

Hampton, VA

#16490 Dec 10, 2012
Please USC, give Kiffin a lifetime contract!!!

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#16492 Dec 10, 2012
Bruin BLUE wrote:
Please USC, give Kiffin a lifetime contract!!!
That is an attempt at funny B Blue, but let's remember that Kiffin still has a winning record every year he has been at USC :/

We certainly could not say the same for Coach Ricky when all those Trojans were wanting him to stay forever, and Coach Jimmy has only been with us for one year :/

But I like your fight ;)

Go Bruins, for once we feel like saying fight on!

“Love El Monte & my trojans”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#16493 Dec 10, 2012
PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>That is an attempt at funny B Blue, but let's remember that Kiffin still has a winning record every year he has been at USC :/
We certainly could not say the same for Coach Ricky when all those Trojans were wanting him to stay forever, and Coach Jimmy has only been with us for one year :/
But I like your fight ;)
Go Bruins, for once we feel like saying fight on!
I'm getting a crush on you sweetie
fight on back at ya.

“TROJANS HAVE RESTORED ORDER”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#16494 Dec 10, 2012
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for sharing. UCLA is gonna have some SICK teams in the next 3 years...I was looking at the roster of who's returning, who red shirted this year, who's coming back from injuries, and all I can say is, I can't wait for the next season to start.
I think your outlook is a bit of a stretch. Here is a more realisitic possibility. Franklin and Fauria we know are gone! So are your pair of underperforming backup QBs and both senior cornerbacks. Plus the (B)ruins have several draft-eligible juniors and redshirt sophomores who could opt to go pro. Shaquelle Evans, Eric Kendricks, Jordan Zumwalt, Odighizuwa, Tevin McDonald and Cassius Marsh are among that group. Sophomore Xavier Su'a-Filo is also draft eligible. So what great nucleus did you say is coming back?

“UCLA - CHAMPIONS MADE HERE!”

Since: Aug 09

USC - WHERE CATFISH GRADUATE

#16495 Dec 10, 2012
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>I think your outlook is a bit of a stretch. Here is a more realisitic possibility. Franklin and Fauria we know are gone! So are your pair of underperforming backup QBs and both senior cornerbacks. Plus the (B)ruins have several draft-eligible juniors and redshirt sophomores who could opt to go pro. Shaquelle Evans, Eric Kendricks, Jordan Zumwalt, Odighizuwa, Tevin McDonald and Cassius Marsh are among that group. Sophomore Xavier Su'a-Filo is also draft eligible. So what great nucleus did you say is coming back?
The entire OLine is coming back except for Baca the RG...Franklin, Fauria, and Baca are the only ones not returning...Evans, Fuller, Lucien, Hundley, Torian White, Xavier Sua Filo, Jake Brendal, and Simon Goines...another player that started several games is Steven Manfro who got injured, he was very effective on offense, jut not too great at Punt Returns.

On Defense, gone are Andrew Abbot, Aaron Hester and Sheldon Price, as well as Damien Holmes and Datone Jones...of those mentioned Aaron Hester and Sheldon Price hurt the team more than helped, with so many penalties (i.e. McDonald for USC). Replacing them will be two lights out corners by the name of Marcus Rios and Randall Goforth, whom any thought should have been the starters...replacing Holmes won't be hard either, Aaron Wallace, Nate Iese(monster) or Jeremy Castro. Anthony Barr and Zumwalt ain't going nowhere, and taking over for Jones there are several options, ever heard of Ellis McCarthy? Should anything happen with Brett Hundley we have two QBs that are pure passers in Neuheisel and Millweard...and also Devin Fuller can play QB, the kid is so athletic that he was switched to WR just so his talent wouldn't be wasted on the bench. I'm telling you our team is set for the future.

Recruiting rankings are way over rated I think that if a teams fills those areas in which they lack depth, that class is more successful than stacking with a bunch of 5-star class made of QBs and WR and RB...UCLA is stacked up in the OLine with the current class, we have 8 OLinemen, and anyone what has paid any attention the OLine had been our weakest area, hence 3 freshmen starting this year and one sophomore...BTW, right now UCLA has the #10 recruiting class.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/fo...

“UCLA - CHAMPIONS MADE HERE!”

Since: Aug 09

USC - WHERE CATFISH GRADUATE

#16496 Dec 10, 2012
We also have the #10 Class on scout.com

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z...

“UCLA - CHAMPIONS MADE HERE!”

Since: Aug 09

USC - WHERE CATFISH GRADUATE

#16497 Dec 10, 2012
USC is no secret that they have depth issues at the OLine, yet only have 2 OLinemen in this class and combined with the classes of 2012 and 2011 only have 11 OLinemen, and anyone that has played football or knows anything anything about football knows that in order to have an effective passing game you need a good OLine, and by the same token you need a good OLine to have a successful running game...so if I'm a USC fan, I would very scared of USC's fate.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z...

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#16498 Dec 10, 2012
Bruin For Life wrote:
USC is no secret that they have depth issues at the OLine, yet only have 2 OLinemen in this class and combined with the classes of 2012 and 2011 only have 11 OLinemen, and anyone that has played football or knows anything anything about football knows that in order to have an effective passing game you need a good OLine, and by the same token you need a good OLine to have a successful running game...so if I'm a USC fan, I would very scared of USC's fate.
http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z...
based on the judging slither on and his skitzo self ppprick don't agree with you, LMFAO

“TROJANS HAVE RESTORED ORDER”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#16499 Dec 10, 2012
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
based on the judging slither on and his skitzo self ppprick don't agree with you, LMFAO
I love how there is a brilliant bulb and a clueless bulb right next to eachother. The judging feature is definitely one that Topix could do away with. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Commerce Casino are the card shufflers rigged? (Dec '13) 1 hr Blunt 21
News Wanted man fatally shoots himself during stando... (Jan '10) 2 hr Your Momma 78
Montebello City Council Meeting NOV 30 3 hr truth squad 3
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 15 hr coon dogs 20,695
News Man convicted in bizarre South El Monte home br... Sat Christsharian Col... 1
News The 30-year metal reign of Tom Araya and Slayer (Aug '12) Sat T Rump 4
Pasadena Mugshots and Criminal Arrest Records Sep '16 Rick 2

South Pasadena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Pasadena Mortgages