UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl. Full Story

Since: Jun 09

San Fernando Valley

#16086 Nov 26, 2012
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>We all wanted our Bruins to come out and play the way they did vs. SUC, but the reality is the game was meaningless to UCLA and completely meaningful to Stanford...I by no means think what TJ Simers thinks, that UCLA purposely tanked to avoid Oregon, but I do feel the play calling was not that of a coach doing everything it takes to win the game. They tried their best, not doubt, but they ran maybe 10 different plays the whole game. I do believe that Stanford is a better match up for UCLA, and we will see a different type of game this Friday and UCLA will prevail and play in the Rose Bowl, and I will be kicking myself in the ass for not laying a $50 bet on UCLA to win the Pac-12 that might have netted me I believe $1500??
Yeah I did not see any display of passing downfield at all. Very conservative all around. But I must say, Stanford has one tough-ass D!

But you are right, we should see a totally different Bruin team Friday.
Go Bruins!!!

“UCLA112 Natties ClownCollege98”

Since: Aug 09

UCLA 35 - Clown College 14

#16087 Nov 26, 2012
What is hilarious is that USC will most likely end up playing in the Fight Hunger Bowl, which is the only Bowl they know in the last 4 years - the same Bowl they made fun of us for playing in - can you say TOUCHE!!!???

CHOSEN TRAVELER: "USC, will go unbeaten and win the National Title, and Barkley will win the Heisman Trophy" huh, NO...NO...and NO.

UCLA - we just win.
USC - you just whine.

#16088 Nov 26, 2012
Also, Fight On has decided to leave Topix after his team got their asses handed by UCLA and Notre Dame...ya big pus sie!!! are you and Chose Traveler now rubbing each other's "Pee-Pees"?

#16090 Nov 26, 2012
Fight On wrote:
<quoted text>
Most Dangerous Campuses List: Business Insider 2012 UCLA #1 on that list!!!.......No wonder you and Rob want to beat me up, it's The Bruin way...LMFAO!
Bullshyt story by the Business Insider...here are the real facts. http://newsroom.ucla.edu/portal/ucla/ucla-a-d...

“Long Season Ahead”

Since: Nov 08

Hemet, CA

#16091 Nov 26, 2012
Bruin For Life wrote:
Also, Fight On has decided to leave Topix after his team got their asses handed by UCLA and Notre Dame...ya big pus sie!!! are you and Chose Traveler now rubbing each other's "Pee-Pees"?
They can dish it, but they can't take the heat. Poor sports. Hate those kind of fans.
Trojan

La Habra, CA

#16092 Nov 26, 2012
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>Any fool could see the game was a scratch once it became 7-7. Besides the original proposed bet was two team bet - Stanford and USC had to win. Besides, what is to you? 4 posters on here private messaged me that the bet should be a scratch...ha ha you WISH I would be gone, sorry, I'm still here. BTW how do you feel about the epic melt-down of your trOJans? losing 4 of 5 to end the year, OUCH!! that's gotta hurt!!
LOL! Because a few people IM'd you, you're going to wuss out and not be a man of your word. Hilarious!! That is so weak. If I cared enough, I'd go back, but I thought he took Stanford and you took UCLA.

As for us, I'm not going to lie. It sucked. But I'm not exactly miserable. It happens. Heck, UCLA just suffered their worse upset in school history. But they'll move past it, as will the Trojans.

We'll do the best we can over the next two years and bounce back as soon as the scholarship reductions are behind us. But let's face it. After that goal line play calling, it's more than just the scholarships.
Trojan

La Habra, CA

#16093 Nov 26, 2012
worst

#16094 Nov 26, 2012
Trojan wrote:
worst
I've had just about enough of Ben Howland, the mami is a horrible coach!! E goes and gets all these great athletic players and all he does is hold them back...freaking fat Dan should be fired at the same time and make Rick Neuheisel the new.A.D. I think any if his assistants would do a much better job using the talent UCLA has right now....just like 50-0 was the best thing that has happened ti UCLA football (it gave us Mora), this Cal Poly loss will finally rid UCLA from the worse coach UCLA has ever had - great recruiter, like Kiffin, lousy coach just like Kiffin.

#16095 Nov 26, 2012
*** the man NOT the mami (although Bite On might call him mami)
Trojan

La Habra, CA

#16096 Nov 26, 2012
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>I've had just about enough of Ben Howland, the mami is a horrible coach!! E goes and gets all these great athletic players and all he does is hold them back...freaking fat Dan should be fired at the same time and make Rick Neuheisel the new.A.D. I think any if his assistants would do a much better job using the talent UCLA has right now....just like 50-0 was the best thing that has happened ti UCLA football (it gave us Mora), this Cal Poly loss will finally rid UCLA from the worse coach UCLA has ever had - great recruiter, like Kiffin, lousy coach just like Kiffin.
You really think they'll do what the Lakers did and can him this early in the season?

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#16097 Nov 26, 2012
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>I've had just about enough of Ben Howland, the mami is a horrible coach!! E goes and gets all these great athletic players and all he does is hold them back...freaking fat Dan should be fired at the same time and make Rick Neuheisel the new.A.D. I think any if his assistants would do a much better job using the talent UCLA has right now....just like 50-0 was the best thing that has happened ti UCLA football (it gave us Mora), this Cal Poly loss will finally rid UCLA from the worse coach UCLA has ever had - great recruiter, like Kiffin, lousy coach just like Kiffin.
Said it last year I'll say it again, good recruiter, bad coach, word has it he doesn't work on team chemistry, and is never is with the team Off the court.
Like the Idea of Rick taking over as AD

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#16098 Nov 26, 2012
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Because a few people IM'd you, you're going to wuss out and not be a man of your word. Hilarious!! That is so weak. If I cared enough, I'd go back, but I thought he took Stanford and you took UCLA.
As for us, I'm not going to lie. It sucked. But I'm not exactly miserable. It happens. Heck, UCLA just suffered their worse upset in school history. But they'll move past it, as will the Trojans.
We'll do the best we can over the next two years and bounce back as soon as the scholarship reductions are behind us. But let's face it. After that goal line play calling, it's more than just the scholarships.
Your Trojans will be fine,
Although I am surprised with the 5 losses
the New QB may be better than MB, got a howitzer for an arm.

#16099 Nov 26, 2012
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
You really think they'll do what the Lakers did and can him this early in the season?
I don't know, but the big donors are calling for Howland's head. They are effing pissed! They were promised a high octane fast tempo offense to compliment the players they got and it's the same boring offense they had last yea... las night in the last 10 minutes not even one inside the paint basket...they were outrebounded by a smaller weaker less athletic team...these guys don't box out!! Howland had no timeouts left to regroup the playersp

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#16100 Nov 26, 2012
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>Any fool could see the game was a scratch once it became 7-7. Besides the original proposed bet was two team bet - Stanford and USC had to win. Besides, what is to you? 4 posters on here private messaged me that the bet should be a scratch...ha ha you WISH I would be gone, sorry, I'm still here. BTW how do you feel about the epic melt-down of your trOJans? losing 4 of 5 to end the year, OUCH!! that's gotta hurt!!
I do not recall sending you a private message Lifer, but I second the motion that we need you here on Topix :/

Without you and Brewski carelessly firing wild words of anti-sentiment all around, I would be stuck only with Nation and his general butt-licking of everything Trojan &#61516;

I can understand him feeling safe going with the school that Fight’s On, but Coach Jimmy should have made Nation more relaxed this year to finally let us Bruins not be covering our heads in the sand like we do every other November :/

West Hollywood, CA

#16101 Nov 26, 2012
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Naton please, if you want to stroke the Trojans, set up a private massage :/

Go Bruins, we are those other guys, remember?

West Hollywood, CA

#16102 Nov 26, 2012
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Said it last year I'll say it again, good recruiter, bad coach, word has it he doesn't work on team chemistry, and is never is with the team Off the court.
Like the Idea of Rick taking over as AD
Hooray for the idea of Ricky returning. I like his name so saying AD Ricky sounds cute too!

Go Bruins, Go Ricky!

West Hollywood, CA

#16103 Nov 26, 2012
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know, but the big donors are calling for Howland's head. They are effing pissed!
I guess what Coach Benny is doing with all that great talent is much worse than what Kiffin came up against for USC football :/

I too, am very disappointed with our Bruins underachieving on Coach Johnny's sacred court. The Pacific 12 is laughing at us right now :(
Trojan

La Habra, CA

#16104 Nov 26, 2012
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, and even though he's a little bigger than MB, he's better on his feet.

West Hollywood, CA

#16105 Nov 26, 2012
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, and even though he's a little bigger than MB, he's better on his feet.
That talk sort of reminds me of Lifer, they say he is better on his knees ;)

Go Bruins, wear knee protection!

West Hollywood, CA

#16106 Nov 26, 2012
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>Nor can you even privately say Go TrOJans, Fight On, V pump in the air, or any of those other SUC displays of arrogance!
Troll On PP!
Heh heh heh heh heh heh
Yeah Brewski i hear you. It seems like at the end of most of our games with the Trojans we see that darn V for Victory salute :/

You know what is scary here Brew, if we lose for a second time to Stanford (like we did twice to Oregon in 2011), then the reality of a visit to another California bowl game again will make this season hauntingly similar to last season :(

Go Bruins, let's avoid 2011 and 2012 ending the same way!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr DoNotUnderstandMo... 19,576
1963 Pontiac Tempest LeMans - "Oh, This Old Thi... (Apr '08) 5 hr DUAL QUADS 40
The 30-year metal reign of Tom Araya and Slayer (Aug '12) 7 hr from 3
Review: Financial Plus Investment (Jul '08) Sat El Modelos Maxim 2,439
Faking it the green way: Artificial grass looks... (May '09) Dec 17 Fyi 18
Night Stalker case led to changes in courts and... (Jun '13) Nov '14 If You Want Blood 2
Police: 2 South Pasadena Students Planned High ... Aug '14 MIKETOUHY 3

Winter Storm Watch for Los Angeles County was issued at December 28 at 1:27PM PST

South Pasadena News Video

South Pasadena Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

South Pasadena People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

South Pasadena News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in South Pasadena

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:16 pm PST