South Pasadena farmers' market vendor...

South Pasadena farmers' market vendors upset about fee increase

There are 4 comments on the Pasadena Star-News story from Jun 24, 2010, titled South Pasadena farmers' market vendors upset about fee increase. In it, Pasadena Star-News reports that:

Vendors at the South Pasadena Farmers' Market are upset about a recent fee increase, saying it will make it difficult or impossible to continue doing business.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pasadena Star-News.

W_T_F

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Jun 24, 2010
No wonder the fees were increased. The market is now run by the organization that promotes BUSINESS interests, the chamber of commerce, so it's only natural they would get GREEDY. If the market were run by a community interest group, there wouldn't be this GREED problem.
Libertarian

Alhambra, CA

#2 Jun 25, 2010
Typical government action, stealing from productive members of society. What management? Sounds like bureaucracy. I don't know why they are renting lights. They typically close down by nightfall. If you want it to expand have it go down East down El Centro.

Since: Mar 10

United States

#3 Jun 25, 2010
I've been going to the South Pasadena Market for years and really don't think that losing a few vendors will change the high quality of the market. It's not a dumpy flea market like the one in Monrovia and I believe that if these 5 renegade vendors don't like being there they should leave. My family doesn't need to be accosted every week by vendors waving nasty flyers in our faces spewing venom of their dispute. If the popcorn vendor only does $200.00 in sales he's foolish to even show up. We buy his popcorn every week and he certainly looks like he does 5 times the $200.00 he says he reports in sales. A good businessman would say $200.00 isn't worth my time. Whatever, people lie and real numbers don't. We like taking the family to the market every week and look forward to the new improvements coming. It's a great place to shop, eat and enjoy with the family.
Raymond Rsatch

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Jun 25, 2010
Longtime Pasadena wrote:
I've been going to the South Pasadena Market for years and really don't think that losing a few vendors will change the high quality of the market. It's not a dumpy flea market like the one in Monrovia and I believe that if these 5 renegade vendors don't like being there they should leave. My family doesn't need to be accosted every week by vendors waving nasty flyers in our faces spewing venom of their dispute. If the popcorn vendor only does $200.00 in sales he's foolish to even show up. We buy his popcorn every week and he certainly looks like he does 5 times the $200.00 he says he reports in sales. A good businessman would say $200.00 isn't worth my time. Whatever, people lie and real numbers don't. We like taking the family to the market every week and look forward to the new improvements coming. It's a great place to shop, eat and enjoy with the family.
I saw you working in the Chamber of Commerce office. You're one of those greedy business people that is trying to get the vendors to engage in price gouging with the community.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Leash your dog David Armenta! (Mar '10) 22 min I know You David ... 13
News Clinton campaign hits Trump for seeing Brexit a... 1 hr Chilli J 56
RON Calderon will plead GUILTY Friday! 3 hr Truth Squad 3
Councilwoman Vanessa Delgado Attempted to Extor... 6 hr Truth Squad 7
Montebello unprepared 6 hr Reality 3
Montebello City Council 6 hr Reality 9
Poll Did God Intend For The Races To Be Separate? (Sep '12) 7 hr Jls 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Pasadena Mortgages