anon to be

Ojai, CA

#666 Aug 29, 2011
that totally sucks ... so where is the art etc?? I heard the guy bought a bunch of stuff, paintings etc ... whats wrong with this picture?? find the credit card bills and cancelled checks, yourself, read the statements yourself .. where are the cars, etc??
anon to be

Ojai, CA

#667 Aug 29, 2011
so one of the folks living high on the hog for years got the money ... WOW
anon to be

United States

#668 Sep 16, 2011
so what happened in court today, or was it yesterday???
anon to be

United States

#669 Sep 18, 2011
when and where is trial date, anybody know???
Voice of Reason

United States

#670 Sep 20, 2011
It was the 14th. The Judge has yet to make a decision......
There may be another court date before he decides.
retrack your steps

United States

#671 Sep 24, 2011
any news? how do you track this case online? have a link ?
retrack your steps

United States

#672 Sep 28, 2011
no decision by the judge yet??? update please
Voice of Reason

United States

#673 Sep 29, 2011
Next court date 10/4/11 . No decision made yet. I don't know of anyway to track online.
retrack your steps

United States

#674 Oct 1, 2011
hope when he gets out he doesn't start up again posting threats etc beyond the financial stuff, is he a real danger to anyone??
Voice of Reason

United States

#675 Oct 1, 2011
Who knows! Hopefully he will have a sufficent distaste for the slammer that he will have learned his lesson.
I just hope he can be educated in a new profession while in there - clearly can't be a financial planner etc again. Certainly as a felon he will face problems finding a job.
I also think he will be held accountable to repay some of the stolen monies.....tho that would take the rest of his life.
retrack your steps

United States

#676 Oct 1, 2011
well good, hope you are right ... of course we all know he was never certified as a financial planner, he was just a con artist, to my knowledge the only actual license he ever had was an insurance one ..
OMG

United States

#677 Oct 5, 2011
how come none of the rest of the victims got anything .. anybody get that?
Voice of Reason

United States

#678 Oct 6, 2011
Well the judge decided - he was sentenced to 7 yrs in State Prison - will likely serve 3 1/2. There is a restitution hearing coming up soon where he will be held accountable to pay back whatever he can when he gets out.
There may be a trickle of money coming back thru the forced bankruptcy which the Arrobio's (victims)put into action. It depends on what is left after all the associated court/atty/acct fees are paid.
As I said previously Gussin signed a deal to give the proceeds from the sale of his house to ONE of the victims. There is nothing that can be done about that since it was done 90 days prior to the onset of the forced bankruptcy. The rest of the money Gussin stole was spent on himself and his sons. It's gone.
OMG

United States

#679 Oct 7, 2011
good to know he will stay in prison ... I assume notification will be given to victims when he gets out?? hope so. what happened to stuff he bought with the money, furniture, art, etc? thats the part I do not get about this. he had a bunch of wine, where did that go?
La Crescenta Larry

Carson, CA

#680 Oct 7, 2011
OMG wrote:
good to know he will stay in prison ... I assume notification will be given to victims when he gets out?? hope so. what happened to stuff he bought with the money, furniture, art, etc? thats the part I do not get about this. he had a bunch of wine, where did that go?
He changed his name from Gussinyan to Gussin. I wonder why?
OMG

United States

#681 Oct 7, 2011
when did he change his name?
OMG

United States

#682 Oct 8, 2011
we should check under any other names for assets he held then, also why not trace stuff he was buying art etc that does not belong to just one victim .. its not fair that just one person who was probably benefitting if they were involved emotionally with him from a lavish lifestyle gets everything. not fair
Voice of reason

La Mirada, CA

#683 Oct 9, 2011
The wine was confiscated by police and sold, those funds were added to the total recovered by the forced bankruptcy. Again, after all legal people are paid there may be a little tiny bit left for all us victims. Gussin already got rid of all his other belongings.- art etc. Prob sold to friends or given to family and not recoverable. It all sucks - but now the wondering is over at least. Some justice is being served. And he didn't escape to some other country thankfully. He has to live with the knowledge that his sons and his dead mother realize(d) he's a scum of the earth!
Here's the difference between Gussin and decent human beings..... Although there are now many of us whom the end of working is out of sight and retirement is out of the question - we will go forward a day at a time. That last thing any of us would do is steal from innocent, ill l or dying people. We wouldnt ruin others lives for our own benefit as Gussin has.
OMG

Long Beach, CA

#684 Oct 10, 2011
ABSOLUTELY -- some people are just born without a conscience, born to be scum and he is one of them. will he stay in the same jail, or go to another one?
what goes around comes around ...
Voice of reason

Broomfield, CO

#685 Oct 10, 2011
Moved from smaller Santa clarita facility to State Prison. That ought to be fun..... Meant to say earlier, Gussin was into gambling just like his ex wife's husband - his good buddy. Apparently some of the money was lost that way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: First Henry Baptist Church of South Los... 7 min SOUTH LA CHURCH 18
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 51 min jersey city 21,022
News Car engulfs in flames in Arcadia, driver arrested 1 hr Defiant 1
los angeles suxxx 13 hr tuna boat bathroo... 4
Lost confidence in Molinari 13 hr Truth matters 5
Review: sites for threesomes 14 hr ellenT69 1
City Of Montebello's Notice Of Change In Genera... 14 hr Truth matters 2

South Pasadena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Pasadena Mortgages