San Pedro: Downsized plan for Ponte Vista housing development debuts

Nov 8, 2012 Full story: The Daily Breeze 6

A new development plan has been rolled out for the Ponte Vista property, foreground, in San Pedro.

Full Story
Pedroman

Westminster, CA

#1 Nov 9, 2012
Don't beleive what Ponte Vista's new developer tells you. The only thing "NEW" is the developer, I saved the original project plans and public meeting hearings with documentaion from Ponte Vistas conception. The unit numbers are the same from the last go around, when the developer says the number of units has decreased, they really mean that they changed the numbers of each individual concept ie single family structures vs. flat (one level ) condo's vs. two story condo's vs. 55+ housing vs. three - four story "Luxury" apartments. Ultimately waht they took away from one concept was added to " Luxury" apartments. As far as the grounds, there is no significant change, the density is just that very "Dense". The developer is trying to tie the concept to the current "Gardens" development next door, don't be fooled, it in no way comes close to the similarity of the Gardens.
Morris the Cat

Long Beach, CA

#2 Nov 14, 2012
Pedroman wrote:
Don't beleive what Ponte Vista's new developer tells you. The only thing "NEW" is the developer, I saved the original project plans and public meeting hearings with documentaion from Ponte Vistas conception. The unit numbers are the same from the last go around, when the developer says the number of units has decreased, they really mean that they changed the numbers of each individual concept ie single family structures vs. flat (one level ) condo's vs. two story condo's vs. 55+ housing vs. three - four story "Luxury" apartments. Ultimately waht they took away from one concept was added to " Luxury" apartments. As far as the grounds, there is no significant change, the density is just that very "Dense". The developer is trying to tie the concept to the current "Gardens" development next door, don't be fooled, it in no way comes close to the similarity of the Gardens.
Do you think they will put another "Y" there? Or how about Sec 8 housing? Just asking...
Pedroman

Westminster, CA

#3 Nov 15, 2012
Morris the Cat wrote:
<quoted text> Do you think they will put another "Y" there? Or how about Sec 8 housing? Just asking...
If we stop it, we won't have to worry about it !! just saying ...
Morris the Cat

Long Beach, CA

#4 Nov 15, 2012
Pedroman wrote:
<quoted text>
If we stop it, we won't have to worry about it !! just saying ...
I would not mind a retail venue. We could put a "White Castle" burger joint there and another "Fresh and Easy". Tax revenue and jobs would result. My two cents...
Pedroman

Westminster, CA

#5 Nov 17, 2012
I just hope Janice Hahn doesn't put her two cents of stupidity into the project. Some how she just keeps reapearing in Pedro . . .
Morris the Cat

Long Beach, CA

#6 Nov 17, 2012
Pedroman wrote:
I just hope Janice Hahn doesn't put her two cents of stupidity into the project. Some how she just keeps reapearing in Pedro ...
Unfortunately, this chick keeps getting elected. She just throws around her family's name.:(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Bruin For Life 28,384
Teens left Westside park when gang members show... (Apr '10) 4 hr homeless person 430
Is Pico Rivera really this bad? (Feb '10) 6 hr Who 30
Montebello Music Thread (Feb '14) 16 hr Musikologist 3
Faking it the green way: Artificial grass looks... (May '09) Dec 17 Fyi 18
Night Stalker case led to changes in courts and... (Jun '13) Nov 25 If You Want Blood 2
Police: 2 South Pasadena Students Planned High ... Aug '14 MIKETOUHY 3

South Pasadena News Video

South Pasadena Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

South Pasadena People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

South Pasadena News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in South Pasadena

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:23 am PST