Ray Manzarek, 1939-2013: A Tribute Playlist

May 22, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: RollingStone

The Doors' organist Ray Manzarek , who died on May 20th at 74, remembered the day his band was born this way, in his 1998 memoir, Light My Fire: My Life With the Doors .

Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Jun 5, 2013
Brandt Hardin

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Ray's playing was a staple of The Doors. He'll certainly be missed after such a long and fruitful career helping to create such haunting music. The Doors' songs opened my mind to other realms of possibilities and cleansed my perception. I paid tribute to Ray when I heard of his passing by creating a new portrait of him and some melting doors which you can see on my artist's blog at http://dregstudiosart.blogspot.com/2013/05/in... Drop by and let me know how The Doors influenced you too.
SocratesTheNeoBe atnik

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

I loved Ray:( well no more Ray Rob & John:(

from my book "The Poetic Dialectic Mini Books 1-3 by T. Erik Rager A Dissertation on Neo Beat Poetry

"It may be the right thing man

It may be the right thing babe.

For you man Helter Skelter.

Revolution Underwaterfall

The Softcore Revolt

A Generation w/ no ambitions

We need Led Steatlh AKA Of Perception the next generation of The doors

To Cleanse the doors for the masses

oh yet again

The Freedom they took

Shall be regained

My life is over

Time to start my cosmic movie."

the end
Vardans

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Ray was a dopehead who milked 4 years of success into 40 years of doing nothing new.
SocratesTheNeoBe atnik

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2013

If Raymond Daniel Manzarek was truly dead it would have been on the National News.... What Jim Morrison taught me was not to lie to every reporter I come in contact with.... John Densmore warned me they were competing with the Beatles I would rather compete with Black Sabbath and the Rolling Stones..... anyways Ray is dead Yes indeed he's a dead head just like Paul McCartney is Dead.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Los Angeles County was issued at August 22 at 2:15AM PDT

•••

South Pasadena News Video

•••
•••

South Pasadena Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

South Pasadena People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••