Burrito Mama

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2007

This afternoon Robert Cross, Camino President, & Rosa Zorilla, HR Vernon, held a meeting with all the employees in Lancaster, PA to inform them that the plant is permanently closing displacing approximately 135 employees. This closure is taking place immediately. The employees were shocked to hear the bad news & were disgusted at how unprofessionally the closing was handled. There was no compassion shown by the Vernon, CA management team for the hard-working employees during this meeting. Also, there were no questions taken by Robert or Rosa from the employees. Just the instructions to pick up a packet on the way out & read about the next steps. VERY POORLY HANDLED!! I'm surprised they didn't tell them "DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU ON THE WAY OUT!!
We were told the closing is due to poor & lost sales. Robert said the company can't afford to operate both locations.
It's too bad the sales force of 1 person didn't realize how critical the situation was & hit the pavement sooner. It's misfortunate that corporate in Vernon, CA didn't give the Lancaster location the tools it needed to be successful. The company runs by the definition of insanity which is "to keep doing the things you've been doing & expect the results to change".
CAMINO REAL FOODS LAN

Hillsborough, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2007

Robert Cross is a dumb ass and Rosa Zorilla is just some one who cant even do her damn job right smiling while saying you are losing your jobs all i got to say to the management in CA is FU
Former Burrito Fan

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2007

Geez! I hate it when management turns out to be incompetent jerks. Ditto the executives at home base. They had a good thing going with a product that sold well, and they blew it. I just lost my appetite for Tina's Burritos. Just another sad story about the heartless behavior of so many American business enterprises. The focus on the bottom line blots out everything else including basic decency toward all.
GOT_OUT_OF_CFR_I NTIME

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2007

I left this outfit just before Nissan sold it. Good thing. This location was using 15 year old technology that had not been updated. The workforce was as good as any, but management simply had NO desire to spend ANY capital for ANY thing. (Our carton taping machines required major attention throughout the week, but management would not cut the cash loose to even buy new ones. NOWHERE in my career have I see such a focus on keeping the cash in the company.) The workers were expected to make things work, regardless. The guys I worked with were as good as anywhere else in Central PA, and I often wondered what kept them working there. (What's not stated in the above note is that the largest majority of 135 'employees' were daily hires from the temp agency. Only about 25 (by my count) were actually CRF employees.)
laurasenemy

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2007

I had worked there in 2000, just before the attacks on 9/11. I had a wonderful boss when I started, he gave me all his furniture when he left and asked for nothing in return. He was replaced with one of the most wonderful men I met, Jeff. I started as a temp doing data entry, so basically I was a "nobody". I was given much more responsibility when Jeff started. He looked out for me (single mother on assistance)so much, he made me permanant and gave me a raise, medical, and the gift of stability. It was unfortunate for me his superiors could've cared less and they mislead me to believe I would take over the parts dept. Didn't happen, they dismissed me instead when I was scheduled for Jury duty and my son was ill. Furthermore, all the maliciousness conveniently took place AFTER I implemented a system for what they claimed as their parts room. I never got U/C because I simply could not afford to fight them after 1 1/2 years. Oh well, I am attending college now and doing very well dispite all the greed and less than moral behavior of a company and it's affiliates. Moral of my story...EVERYONE must answer to a higher power than me one day...and I guess those who did me wrong GOT THEIRS IN THE END.
laurasenemy

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2007

GOT_OUT_OF_CFR_INTIME wrote:
I left this outfit just before Nissan sold it. Good thing. This location was using 15 year old technology that had not been updated. The workforce was as good as any, but management simply had NO desire to spend ANY capital for ANY thing.(Our carton taping machines required major attention throughout the week, but management would not cut the cash loose to even buy new ones. NOWHERE in my career have I see such a focus on keeping the cash in the company.) The workers were expected to make things work, regardless. The guys I worked with were as good as anywhere else in Central PA, and I often wondered what kept them working there.(What's not stated in the above note is that the largest majority of 135 'employees' were daily hires from the temp agency. Only about 25 (by my count) were actually CRF employees.)
I am looking for Mr. Patzer ....can you help?
RE laurasenemy

Millersville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2010

Are you still looking for him ?
Ex burrito lover

Orange, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2011

They're now doing the same in Vernon. Nothing has changed and the same idiots are making the same decisions. Won't be long before they go under or blow up the plant. Someone should get state and local inspectors in there.
Nissin_Temp

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

What is not being said here is that the plant in Lancaster, PA was shut down by the FDA because of the dilapidated and unsanitary conditions within the plant. I have been inside the plant myself and was truly disgusted with how it was left. It's no wonder sales went down so rapidly. I wouldn't buy anything that was made, packaged, or shipped from a place of such nasty conditions.
Previous employee

Lancaster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Nissin_Temp wrote:
What is not being said here is that the plant in Lancaster, PA was shut down by the FDA because of the dilapidated and unsanitary conditions within the plant. I have been inside the plant myself and was truly disgusted with how it was left. It's no wonder sales went down so rapidly. I wouldn't buy anything that was made, packaged, or shipped from a place of such nasty conditions.
Stop trolling. It did not get closed down because of that. There was an USDA inspector on staff every day doing inspections that would not let us run if there was an issues with unsanitary conditions. It got closed down because the people that brought the whole company didn't want to spend the money to upgrade the plant. It was easier for them to close this plant sell the building back to nissin and focus on the plant in CA.
Smitty-on Maui

Waipahu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

I worked at the plant in Vernon California I was hired to do particular maintenance tasks and write reports that were designed to improve maintenance functions which is what I was asked to do. My reports were not heeded and maintenance never ipproved, they continued to spend time ridiculas amounts of money unnecessarily and that made no sense. Soon after my hire, more than half the maintenance staff wanted to do a sick out and asked me to advise them on what to do. They were sick of dealing with the incompetent maintenance supervisor and asked managment to replace him with me. I was tired of dealing with him after the first week, in all my years of running maintenance teams I had never met a more foolish and unqualified person who had no clue how to get things done.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

South Pasadena News Video

•••
•••

South Pasadena Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

South Pasadena People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••