Can councilwoman Cortez clean up MTB?

Posted in the South Pasadena Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Happy

Van Nuys, CA

#1 Dec 14, 2012
Before she attempts to clean up MTB, she needs to work on herself.
Trying to get off from parking cites by asking ”do you know who I am?”
Or threatening the citing officer by ”bringing it up at council meetings”.
And now her husband is using the same line ”do you know who my wife is?” When caught drinking at grant rea park.
He needs to keep it clean if he's going to work with kids. And go home to his wife instead of spending time with the mistress at the Indians clubhouse at grant rea. Clean it up Cortez, then maybe we can take you seriously.
concerned resident

La Mesa, CA

#2 Dec 21, 2012
Happy wrote:
Before she attempts to clean up MTB, she needs to work on herself.
Trying to get off from parking cites by asking ”do you know who I am?”
Or threatening the citing officer by ”bringing it up at council meetings”.
And now her husband is using the same line ”do you know who my wife is?” When caught drinking at grant rea park.
He needs to keep it clean if he's going to work with kids. And go home to his wife instead of spending time with the mistress at the Indians clubhouse at grant rea. Clean it up Cortez, then maybe we can take you seriously.
More info?
Happy

Downey, CA

#3 Dec 24, 2012
Just did...

“Hilltop Park Above All”

Since: Sep 08

Montebello, CA

#4 Dec 27, 2012
Is there some other blog where local Montebello stuff is being discussed? Topix appears to be dead.
concerned resident

La Mesa, CA

#5 Dec 28, 2012
I was thinking the same
Thing
concerned resident

La Mesa, CA

#6 Dec 28, 2012
Does anyone else
Have any information on miss Cortez and her desire to clean up Montebello? And what is this they were saying about her husband?

I would bet she's not the cleanest member on dais anyway.
Happy

Downey, CA

#7 Dec 28, 2012
Her husband spend his nights drinking with his buddies at grant rea park. Sometimes hes not drinking cause hes inside the meeting at grant rea with some woman.....but i guess he can get away with it because he is married to the mayor
Happy

Downey, CA

#8 Dec 28, 2012
Her husband spends his nights drinking with his buddies at grant rea park. Sometimes hes not drinking because hes busy inside the meeting room at grant rea with some woman.....but i guess he can get away with it because he is married to the mayor

“Hilltop Park Above All”

Montebello, CA

#9 Dec 28, 2012
concerned resident wrote:
Does anyone else
Have any information on miss Cortez and her desire to clean up Montebello? And what is this they were saying about her husband?
I would bet she's not the cleanest member on dais anyway.
Aren't most married women called Mrs.?

“Hilltop Park Above All”

Montebello, CA

#10 Dec 28, 2012
Is Christina Cortez' husband the focus of your criticism because she has done nothing you can criticize?

I would not like to be judged by some of my relatives, myself, but by what I actually do.

Other than the Mayor's swearing in ceremony, I haven't even seen him at any meeting, nor have I heard anyone referring to him concerning city business.

Does the term 'Red Herring' apply here?
concerned resident

La Mesa, CA

#11 Dec 28, 2012
I'm asking about her because she was in the media a lot bashing everyone under the sun and having investigations and audits done that cost the city money but uncovered nothing
concerned resident

La Mesa, CA

#12 Dec 28, 2012
I don't think she has done anything wrong or shady other than the usual politics. Her husband isnt her, but I always hear bad things about her and her vote no attitude but don't know any facts.

So what has she done? What are HER faults?

Any info would be appreciated

“Hilltop Park Above All”

Montebello, CA

#13 Dec 29, 2012
I'm asking about her because she was in the media a lot bashing everyone under the sun and having investigations and audits done that cost the city money but uncovered nothing
On the contrary, the audits uncovered many errors, flaws in reporting and recordkeeping, and many technical violations of the law. They appear to have caused the city to completely change the way that it does business, keep records, and maintain a new level of public transparency. What they did not uncover was prosecutable violations by any individuals.

“Hilltop Park Above All”

Montebello, CA

#14 Dec 29, 2012
I don't think she has done anything wrong or shady other than the usual politics. Her husband isnt her, but I always hear bad things about her and her vote no attitude but don't know any facts.
So what has she done? What are HER faults?
Any info would be appreciated
According to what I have heard other councilmembers say about her, there is nothing usual about her politics. She isn't willing to make it a habit to vote with the majority just for the perception of unity. She usually states exactly why she is voting against a measure that the other 4 councilmembers support, and isn't shy about defending her viewpoint.

She has also called public attention to problems with the city's past and current behavior and history, sometimes very zealously.

She has stated that 'The Hills are Sacred.', and ran on a platform opposing the current development proposal for them.

As for her faults, I'll let others discuss them. I don't consider them serious enough to warrant much serious discussion.
concerned resident

La Mesa, CA

#15 Dec 29, 2012
42 yr North Mtb resident wrote:
<quoted text>According to what I have heard other councilmembers say about her, there is nothing usual about her politics. She isn't willing to make it a habit to vote with the majority just for the perception of unity. She usually states exactly why she is voting against a measure that the other 4 councilmembers support, and isn't shy about defending her viewpoint.

She has also called public attention to problems with the city's past and current behavior and history, sometimes very zealously.

She has stated that 'The Hills are Sacred.', and ran on a platform opposing the current development proposal for them.

As for her faults, I'll let others discuss them. I don't consider them serious enough to warrant much serious discussion.
We all know the hills is all political. If the majority of the residents were in favor for it, then all council would be. Sorry to say, but council
Knows the hills development is the fiscally responsible thing to do but they are spineless and are intimidated by the sAve the hills group. I don't live there anymore so my opinion doesn't matter, and I'm neutral on the idea of development. I don't buy all the crap about being unsafe, etc. I just
Don't, but I don't care if they develop either way. If I was. Resident or employee of the city I would be in favor of it for the financial assistance the city would get.

I think deep down inside all
Members of council including "the hills are sacred " cortez know they would vote for it if they were forced to do so to save the city financially.

Anyway, thanks for the info on ms Cortez, I don't care for her or her attitude and I'm betting dollars to
Donuts you like her because of her "sacred" comment , but I respect you And all the posts you have left here.

You are a good resident and a good source here. We can disagree on the hills but please don't attack me, I don't live in the city so I'm neutral on the idea.

Thanks!

“Hilltop Park Above All”

Montebello, CA

#16 Dec 29, 2012
<quoted text>
We all know the hills is all political. If the majority of the residents were in favor for it, then all council would be. Sorry to say, but council
Knows the hills development is the fiscally responsible thing to do but they are spineless and are intimidated by the sAve the hills group. I don't live there anymore so my opinion doesn't matter, and I'm neutral on the idea of development. I don't buy all the crap about being unsafe, etc. I just
Don't, but I don't care if they develop either way. If I was. Resident or employee of the city I would be in favor of it for the financial assistance the city would get.
I think deep down inside all
Members of council including "the hills are sacred " cortez know they would vote for it if they were forced to do so to save the city financially.
Anyway, thanks for the info on ms Cortez, I don't care for her or her attitude and I'm betting dollars to
Donuts you like her because of her "sacred" comment , but I respect you And all the posts you have left here.
You are a good resident and a good source here. We can disagree on the hills but please don't attack me, I don't live in the city so I'm neutral on the idea.
Thanks!
Check out the excerpts from the 5,000+ page Draft Environmental Impact Report that have been publicized by the Montgebello residents that form the Save the Montebello Hills Task Force at saveourmontebellohills.com .

I am not aware of ANY political objections to the proposed condo development. All the objections I am aware of are fiscal, physical , and natural dangers this uniquely dangerous project poses.

I have to go somewhere now, but all the unique problems this project poses are outlined there, using mainly the proposed developer's own words.
concerned resident

Moreno Valley, CA

#17 Dec 29, 2012
42 yr North Mtb resident wrote:
<quoted text>Check out the excerpts from the 5,000+ page Draft Environmental Impact Report that have been publicized by the Montgebello residents that form the Save the Montebello Hills Task Force at saveourmontebellohills.com .
I am not aware of ANY political objections to the proposed condo development. All the objections I am aware of are fiscal, physical , and natural dangers this uniquely dangerous project poses.
I have to go somewhere now, but all the unique problems this project poses are outlined there, using mainly the proposed developer's own words.
thanks for all the info.. that is very helpful and informative... a bit too much to read, but im getting into it
unbiased observer

United States

#18 Jan 7, 2013
I can agree with both Happy and 42 yr North Mtb resident
Ms. Cortez may or may not be "dirty" but she has the appearance of being so.
He choice of Campaign managers affiliated and even employed by a developer with business with the City (and even suing the City) raises unanswered questions and conflicts of interest as conflicts of interest by close associates, "friends" and campaign managers become those of the office holder.

Her other campaign "consultant" and campaign manager on her first campaign has numerous "consulting" contracts with parties with business interests with the City.

Ms Cortez needs to publicly identify all of these conflicts of interests and purge herself and until purged recuse herself from attendance of any discussions relating to these parties.

Ms. Cortez does not need the baggage to be successful and in fact will not be successful unless she sheds them.

“Hilltop Park Above All”

Montebello, CA

#19 Jan 7, 2013
unbiased observer wrote:
I can agree with both Happy and 42 yr North Mtb resident
Ms. Cortez may or may not be "dirty" but she has the appearance of being so.
He choice of Campaign managers affiliated and even employed by a developer with business with the City (and even suing the City) raises unanswered questions and conflicts of interest as conflicts of interest by close associates, "friends" and campaign managers become those of the office holder.
Her other campaign "consultant" and campaign manager on her first campaign has numerous "consulting" contracts with parties with business interests with the City.
Ms Cortez needs to publicly identify all of these conflicts of interests and purge herself and until purged recuse herself from attendance of any discussions relating to these parties.
Ms. Cortez does not need the baggage to be successful and in fact will not be successful unless she sheds them.
Montebello is a medium sized city (about the 200th largest in the USA). It is not large enough that a campaign manager can work for one campaign, or even one candidate, and be gainfully employed. A Montebello (and most surrounding cities) campaign manager MUST have other clients or other jobs to be fully employed.

It seems to me that many people have sued the city. That is hardly basis for calling someone unsubstantiated names.

Merely knowing someone is NOT a conflict of interest. Perhaps some researcher or lawyer other than myself can expand on that topic. It is too peripheral in this case for me to spend any significant amount of time on it.

I have said before, and I say again, I wouldn't like to be judged by some of my relatives and friends, and I will extend to all others the same consideration.
trash talk

United States

#20 Jan 8, 2013
It appears that unbiased was referring more to Billie Martinez than Chris Robles
Bilile was the one working for Danny Ku who is the one suing the City.
Christina has been an outspoken supporter of Ku
Much more than "merely knowing" someone

Christina Cortez tried to get her unqualified campaign manager Billy Martinez hired by the City
www.topix.com/forum/city/montebello-ca/TMRA2H...

Gallarzo and Christina Cortez, who share a campaign manager,...WDN

Chris Robles does have numerous "consulting" contracts...
He can have as many consulting contracts- to the victor go the spoils- however it is Christina who must disclose her campaign managers numerous conflicts of interest and act accordingly

He (Chris Robles)is the mentor of Christina Cortez in Montebello and together they are planning on running a slate of ... New campaign manager was Billy Martinez who was/ is ..

www.topix.com/forum/city/montebello-ca/&#...

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/montebello-ca...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News San Pedro drive-by shooting appears to be gang-... (May '09) 4 min Vote Right 208
Review: Financial Plus Investment (Jul '08) 2 hr Robert 3,183
Funnyman Patton Oswalt Murdered Wife? 10 hr Peter 8
News Unfounded fears of shooting at LAX create panic... 10 hr typical LA softies 1
Trump 12 hr Never 1
Possible coyote in South Pasadena (Jun '08) May '16 ggg 32
News Auditors question South El Montea s relationshi... (Sep '15) Sep '15 concern citizen 1

South Pasadena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Pasadena Mortgages