bad weather forcasting
X-WEATHER WACHER

Blairsville, PA

#1 Nov 28, 2013
This pertains to the weather forcast on November 27th. I could not believe how WRONG this forcast was. One the evening on the 26th it started. The first 15 minutes of the news was all weather. The weatherman pretty much guaranteeing in my location, 4 inches throughout the night and an additional 4-8 the next day. I got nothing. "NOTHING". What a scare they put people in. Weather warnings, forced closings and delays of schools, saying things like don't go out unless you have too. This whole thing is getting ridiculous, and this is only the beginning. I suggest lay off the Hollywood Production method and stick to something more normal, and if you were wrong, admit it. I've never seen a weatherman admit he made a mistake. I probably never will.
Truth

Verona, PA

#2 Nov 28, 2013
Agreed! At the very least, they could appear just a wee bit chagrinned the next day.

Well, as you can't expect a news reader to be a journalist, neither can a weather reader be expected to be a meteorologist!
Walleye Cocks

Carnegie, PA

#3 Nov 28, 2013
WPXI is shite since the chi'gger beotch from Atlanta started the news. Same for KDKA with the chi'gger beotch from Cleveland. Same for WTAE since the chi'gger sports/news loser. Note to advertisers: when I see a black on TV, I change the channel.
landlord_2

Waynesburg, PA

#4 Nov 29, 2013
Hey. Unless its a tornado or severe flood warning for people in very low lying areas. I say go outside....look up. Then look down. You then have instant weather reading. If your not personally able send your child or grandchild outside. Then when they report back in a few min. you still have a more reliable weather report. Sometimes I cant help but think the TV stations are tied in with merchants who just need to unload overstocked items such as bread,milk and toiletpaper. The last forecast filled carts and cleared the shelves. Go look up..look down. Make do with what you have. And watch the TV weather for pastime. Keep your money for when You need it. jmo
X-WEATHR WATCHER

Blairsville, PA

#5 Dec 1, 2013
I am glad to see at least two people agree. One other thing that makes me laugh, the 14 day forcast. Like I am going to make plans according to the weather 14 days from now. They have people kinda like brain washed thinking, "I have to watch the weather, I have to watch the weather". I usually flick on the weather channel, watch the radar for a few seconds, then I know what its going to do for awhile.
Truth

Verona, PA

#6 Dec 2, 2013
X-WEATHR WATCHER wrote:
One other thing that makes me laugh, the 14 day forcast..
Then I would offer you the various long-range winter forecasts for an absolute laugh fest!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump and Russia 1 hr Trump 2028 74
Real news 5 hr Gangstalker Gary 13
Mystery of "The Space Acorn" (Sep '14) 14 hr Kecksburg 2
WTAE Weekend News - Appreciation Thread (Dec '13) Sun T SWIZZLE 392
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Pittsburgh (Nov '13) Apr 20 ibarra 134
Starbucks Reparations Apr 19 Jango 1
Yinz vs Y’all Apr 19 Fat Abbott 3

South Park Jobs

Personal Finance

South Park Mortgages