Get ready for trout season

Get ready for trout season

There are 45 comments on the WTAE-TV Pittsburgh story from Apr 11, 2014, titled Get ready for trout season. In it, WTAE-TV Pittsburgh reports that:

GRAB YOUR HOOK AND A BOX OF NIGHT CRAWLERS. TROUT SEASON STARTS TOMORROW, 8:00 A.M. FOR PITTSBURGH.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTAE-TV Pittsburgh.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Clinton is a Liar, Period!”

Since: Jan 07

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Apr 12, 2014
Where can you fish for trout in Pittsburgh?
Yo Nor-side homey

Mc Keesport, PA

#2 Apr 12, 2014
I wouldn't eat fish from rivers in da' Burgh until you fools stop polluting the rivers!

“Comfort the afflicted”

Since: May 13

Afflict the comfortable

#3 Apr 12, 2014
Old Cynic wrote:
Where can you fish for trout in Pittsburgh?
You're allowed to leave the trailer park and travel to other places. Lots of people do it. You can learn about things that way. I know you're scared of almost everything not old, white and wearing camo from an Army Surplus store, but I promise no one will hurt you. Also, and although you may not be able to see them from the trailer park, there are rivers in Pittsburgh. I swear. The city is even referred to as "the River City." No shit. Not making it up. They even have books that will tell you this. Books are a bunch of pieces of paper put in order. Again, not making it up.

Pittsburgh, PA

#4 Apr 13, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
You're allowed to leave the trailer park and travel to other places. Lots of people do it. You can learn about things that way. I know you're scared of almost everything not old, white and wearing camo from an Army Surplus store, but I promise no one will hurt you. Also, and although you may not be able to see them from the trailer park, there are rivers in Pittsburgh. I swear. The city is even referred to as "the River City." No shit. Not making it up. They even have books that will tell you this. Books are a bunch of pieces of paper put in order. Again, not making it up.
No trailers in Perry Hilltop, YET! But our negroes are destroying the houses at pretty fast clip so I imagine it wont be long until your WVA life style shows up in our negro neighborhoods. We keep getting more and more empty lots. Surely you don't consider the three rivers trout streams? There's some fishing there, but not trout. Trout are not progressive, they don't live in section 8 neighborhoods, you need to get very far from the "city" to find trout in either the Mon or the Allegheny.

So as a user of the three rivers since the 1950's, I ask again, where can you trout fish in Pittsburgh. The sportsman show sets up a plastic tank once in a while, but that's not in town now.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#5 Apr 13, 2014
Old Cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
No trailers in Perry Hilltop, YET! But our negroes are destroying the houses at pretty fast clip so I imagine it wont be long until your WVA life style shows up in our negro neighborhoods. We keep getting more and more empty lots. Surely you don't consider the three rivers trout streams? There's some fishing there, but not trout. Trout are not progressive, they don't live in section 8 neighborhoods, you need to get very far from the "city" to find trout in either the Mon or the Allegheny.
So as a user of the three rivers since the 1950's, I ask again, where can you trout fish in Pittsburgh. The sportsman show sets up a plastic tank once in a while, but that's not in town now.
http://www.post-gazette.com/local/south/2014/...
Tony

Mckeesport, PA

#6 Apr 13, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people don't fish our rivers for trout let alone eat anything out of there dips hit. You would know that if you ever left your liittle white hillbilly town.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#7 Apr 13, 2014
Tony wrote:
<quoted text> Most people don't fish our rivers for trout let alone eat anything out of there dips hit. You would know that if you ever left your liittle white hillbilly town.
I see someone let their child play on the computer again. There are several lakes and streams that are fished for trout. And I live in Pittsburgh.

Another child left behind.
bacon hater lies

Mc Keesport, PA

#8 Apr 14, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
I see someone let their child play on the computer again. There are several lakes and streams that are fished for trout. And I live in Pittsburgh.
You've claimed to be a Baltimoron who lives in WVA, and works in Pgh.; get your story straight, sonny!

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#9 Apr 14, 2014
bacon hater lies wrote:
<quoted text>
You've claimed to be a Baltimoron who lives in WVA, and works in Pgh.; get your story straight, sonny!
Never said a word about Baltimore. Maybe you should get some sleep. Ravenswood is my hometown. I work in Morgantown/Pittsburgh and maintain a residence in Pittsburgh. This isn't that complicated. Not everyone can just post up in a trailer park for life.

Pittsburgh, PA

#10 Apr 14, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, there are no trout waters in the City of Pittsburgh. There are maps that show where Pittsburgh boundaries are, you should look them up. And if you lived in the city you would know, your taxes would reflect 80 years of Democratic rule. All of the waters mentioned in your suggested link are outside of the city, at least as it is now. Billy and Fitz will change that in a couple of years. They covet your schools and your tax base. There a comin'. Get used to Democratic section 8. Hope you have a strong stomach.
No spin

Garden City, MI

#11 Apr 14, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
What area of Pittsburgh do you live in?
Tony

Mckeesport, PA

#12 Apr 14, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
No shit. The argument was you suggesting trout fishing the rivers. And who the hell calls Pittsburgh the "River City"?

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#13 Apr 15, 2014
Tony wrote:
<quoted text> No shit. The argument was you suggesting trout fishing the rivers. And who the hell calls Pittsburgh the "River City"?
I didn't suggest anything, but the article referenced did, as well as smaller bodies.

And there are about six dozen businesses and organizations that call themselves "River City (Inn, for example)" in Pittsburgh.

You guys really should get out more.
Tony

Mckeesport, PA

#14 Apr 15, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't suggest anything, but the article referenced did, as well as smaller bodies.
And there are about six dozen businesses and organizations that call themselves "River City (Inn, for example)" in Pittsburgh.
You guys really should get out more.
He asked for suggestions for trout fishing areas and your response was "there are rivers in Pittsburgh". I would say that is your suggestion and nowhere in that post did you reference an article. Steel City, City of Bridges,City of Champions yes. River City? Nope not so much boy. You should refrain from making up nicknames for cities your not from. Its a little weird.
Tony

Mckeesport, PA

#15 Apr 15, 2014
No spin wrote:
<quoted text> What area of Pittsburgh do you live in?
He's not from Pittsburgh he's for West Virginia ("The Waffle House State"). The reason its called that is because West Virginia is home to about 6 dozen Waffle Houses.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#16 Apr 15, 2014
Tony wrote:
<quoted text> He asked for suggestions for trout fishing areas and your response was "there are rivers in Pittsburgh". I would say that is your suggestion and nowhere in that post did you reference an article. Steel City, City of Bridges,City of Champions yes. River City? Nope not so much boy. You should refrain from making up nicknames for cities your not from. Its a little weird.
The article is referenced the thread title. Perhaps you should have another cup of coffee before powering up dad's computer. And again, there are a number of businesses native to Pittsburgh that reference themselves as River City (whatever). You might speak with them about your nickname rule.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#17 Apr 15, 2014
Tony wrote:
<quoted text> He's not from Pittsburgh he's for West Virginia ("The Waffle House State"). The reason its called that is because West Virginia is home to about 6 dozen Waffle Houses.
Pennsyltucky residents don't get to make fun of other states. I live there, and I would never do it. And there are far more Waffle Houses in Pennsylvania than in West Virginia. Keep trying though. Idiots like you only get funnier as you get more things wrong.
pork

Jackson, MO

#18 Apr 15, 2014
It may difficult differentiating you from the others in Philly using that same name. You say there are plenty of businesses, but you seem to stutter rather than mention them.

Yep, mom needs the puter and I gotta get to school too. bye
Tony

Mckeesport, PA

#19 Apr 15, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Pennsyltucky residents don't get to make fun of other states. I live there, and I would never do it. And there are far more Waffle Houses in Pennsylvania than in West Virginia. Keep trying though. Idiots like you only get funnier as you get more things wrong.
Where area in Pittsburgh do you live again?
Truth be told

Mckeesport, PA

#20 Apr 15, 2014
I have lived in Pittsburgh for over 40 years and while many have named establishments to boast our rivers I have never heard anybody refer to Pittsburgh as the River City.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Should chickens be allowed to roost in Monongah... 21 hr coop_er 1
Are Your Female Family Members Safe 22 hr hacked and regret 2
News 24 Charged In Pittsburgh-Area Mortgage Fraud; T... (Feb '08) Sun Doc U R a Joke 427
"Bikers" don't know squat Sun Pink Flamingo 8
Trump and Sanders Sat Paris 4
Transgender Males and Women Selective Service May 21 aciremA 2
News Crafton police officer charged in hit-and-run (Jul '09) May 21 Pgh Five O 7,617
More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Park Mortgages