NYPD: 1,500 Pedestrians and Cyclists Injured, 17 Killed in Traffic in December

There are 4 comments on the Streetsblog story from Jan 25, 2013, titled NYPD: 1,500 Pedestrians and Cyclists Injured, 17 Killed in Traffic in December. In it, Streetsblog reports that:

Twenty-nine people were killed in New York City traffic in December, and 4,529 were injured, according to the latest NYPD crash data report [ PDF ]. Citywide, at least 16 pedestrians and one cyclist were fatally struck by drivers: three pedestrians in Manhattan; two pedestrians in the Bronx; four pedestrians in Brooklyn; and seven pedestrians and ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Streetsblog.

Just Saying

Mineola, NY

#1 Jan 25, 2013
How many of those pedestrians were texting when they crossed the street against a red light? Also, how many of the cyclists were likewise disobeying traffic laws when they were injured?
Also Saying

Wellsboro, PA

#2 Jan 25, 2013
How many of them were shot by firearms, thus causing the accident. The NRA won't let us know.
Plotts

Saint James, NY

#3 Jan 26, 2013
There should be a law...know one should be allowed to own more that seven bicycles...or recieve mor that seven text messages a day...problems solved...
throbbing pedophile

Wellsboro, PA

#4 Jan 26, 2013
Oh it says "1500 Pedestrians" I was worried my homeboys got injured.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South-Ozone-Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NYPD officer shooting suspect arraigned, office... 40 min RustyS 2
Anya Briggs Prostitution and Fraud (Jul '14) 45 min Douglas M 6
Message For Nyc, Ny Police Dept , Why Was Cop... 7 hr American_Guns 3
pn. readiness 7 hr annieharr6 1
News New Yorkers rally to show support for Baltimore... 11 hr realist 10
News NYPD officer shot; search continues for suspects 13 hr mike 2
TS Allanah Starr tested positive for HIV.BEWARE! Fri manchelseaboy 1
More from around the web

South-Ozone-Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE