Glen Ridge teacher files wrongful ter...

Glen Ridge teacher files wrongful termination lawsuit

There are 3 comments on the Jersey Journal story from Oct 25, 2007, titled Glen Ridge teacher files wrongful termination lawsuit. In it, Jersey Journal reports that:

“Our position is that...he's just a normal human being who has been threatened and reacted in the normal way a human being would act when threatened”

An English teacher at Glen Ridge High School has filed a wrongful-termination lawsuit against the district, asserting he wasn't taken seriously when he reported a student's threat scribbled on a returned ... via Jersey Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Jersey Journal.

John J Kulidas

United States

#1 Oct 30, 2007
This seems like the mistakes of 1989 all over again. A students is being protected as the teacher is trashed by both the school and parents. With so much learning going in the town you would think the good people of Glen Ridge would be able to to see that history could be repeating its self.
Unknown

Piscataway, NJ

#2 Feb 2, 2008
This "teacher" was not a even worthy of working in the district and took over a month and a half to view it as a threat. I am not saying this was an appropriate thing to say but that history did not repeat. As a member of the community we dont want to live in the past. What happened in 1989 had to do with the all star athletes of Glen Ridge (which sadly still do exist), not the rest of us that are in this school district to learn and move on with our lives. Every where you go in life you will find messed up people its just that our town is criticized more because of what happened in 1989, which caused this threat that was viewed as a joke from the student who wrote it to be viewed more severe.
student

East Orange, NJ

#3 May 14, 2008
I had Mr. Townsend and knew him personally, and I knew the student as well. Great guy, but should've only taught shakespeare, you could tell he was bored with the curriculum. his bordem made him assign busy work which he rarly checked seriously. the kid got fed up and wrote stupid crap in his work book.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Orange Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Aug 19 Leftovers 21,051
Jeanine tighe (Jan '14) Aug 16 Greg martino 6
News Newark pediatrician gets 3-year prison sentence... Aug 14 Candace 1
Question about special pickup Aug 13 Familyman 1
Giant football in cranford Aug 13 Football man 1
prostitution (sex for sale) in Springfield Cent... (May '09) Aug 12 Undercover33 10
Missing black cat Aug 9 Nobile one 1

South Orange Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Orange Mortgages