''Monsignor'' LaFerrera, the chickens...

''Monsignor'' LaFerrera, the chickens have come home to roost

Posted in the South Orange Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
lola

Shelbyville, IN

#1 Apr 17, 2011
Anyone who has ever worked with this guy knows what he's like. I wish the Church would learn to be more open and honest and oh, less evil.

When you cover up for a loser like this, just because he brings home a lot of money, you are hurting Christ.

When you allow someone like this to take vacations with DiMarzio or whoever, to abuse young boys, to destroy the careers of young priests who work in the church, to destroy the people who work near him because of his egomaniacal vanity - ask the priests who have worked with him, they know him.
lola

Shelbyville, IN

#2 Apr 17, 2011
when you allow this to happen, you are undoing the good and beauty the martyrs have done.

He should not be a priest, he should not be a monsignor, he should not be free - he should be in jail.
thank you lola

Newark, NJ

#3 Apr 18, 2011
as a victim of this dirty beast i have lost all faith in my catholic religion. imagine as a man in his early forties having to now deal with those events all over again. being ridiculed and not being believed. i am so happy that the good lord put you on this site to express your view knowing who this evil man is and the things that he has done that his daily parrishioners donot see. it happenned and wil continue to happen if they llet this animal continue to be around children.
The Chosen One

New York, NY

#4 Apr 19, 2011
lola wrote:
Anyone who has ever worked with this guy knows what he's like. I wish the Church would learn to be more open and honest and oh, less evil.
When you cover up for a loser like this, just because he brings home a lot of money, you are hurting Christ.
When you allow someone like this to take vacations with DiMarzio or whoever, to abuse young boys, to destroy the careers of young priests who work in the church, to destroy the people who work near him because of his egomaniacal vanity - ask the priests who have worked with him, they know him.
Lola,

I agree with all you are saying. We can work together on getting this pedophile priest out of the ministry. I am a victim and a plaintiff in the Law Suit against this monster. Please contact Bob Hoatson at Road to Recovery. He is a priest sex abuse advocate that has helped me through the healing process. Lets get him out...
Just wondering

New Vernon, NJ

#5 Apr 19, 2011
You will never get him out. This is definitely a conspiracy to get the arch bishop out too. Father John is a great man. He never would hurt anyone.
JUST WONDERING IS A LOSER

Clark, NJ

#6 Apr 20, 2011
HEY RETARD WHAT NOW YOU ON THIS SITE COMMENTING TOO. THERE WILL BE MORE PROTESTS YOU LOSER SO IF YOU GOT BOLITAS SHOW UP AND DEFEND THIS BEAST. HE WILL BE FOUND LIABLE YOU IDIOT BECAUSE IT DID HAPPEN AZZZHLOIO. AND BY THE WAY IM SURE THE THOUSANDS OF PAYOUTS AND CRIMINAL CASES WERE CONSPIRACYS TOO RIGHT YOU ANAL RETENTIVE PEDOPHILE LOVER. JUST BECAUSE HE HASNET HURT YOOU OR YOUR KIDS DOES NOT MEAN IT DIDNT HAPPEN TO OTHERS SMART AZZZZZ. GET YOU FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU START COMMENTING STUPIDITY YOU IMBECILE.
Just wondering

New Vernon, NJ

#7 Apr 20, 2011
Ok another thin I am wondering is if you were one of the people abused by father John did you tell your parents anything that you felt unconfortable with? I don't know exactly what age you were during the alledged abuse but say if you were 12 or 13 years old you probably would have known he was doing something harmful to you. I except sincere answer to this because I did not say anything bad. I just want facts about this.
OKAY THAN

Jersey City, NJ

#8 Apr 20, 2011
WHEN YOU ARE THAT AGE AND A MAN OF THE CLOTH IS MADE TO BE THE UTMOST HIGHEST PERSON IN THE CATHOLIC RELIGION AND YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO LOOK UP TO HIM THAN YOU DONT REALIZE THAT WHAT IS HAPPENNING IS NOT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN. WHEN YOU GROW UP IN A HOUSEHOLD THAT THE FATHER FIGURE IS NOT AN IDEAL PERSON THAN THAT PRIEST BECOMES THAT MUCH MORE IMPORTANT TO YOU AS A CHILD. ALL YOU WANT TO DO IS PLEASE THAT PERSON FOR FEAR OF BEING REPRIMANDED BY EVERYONE AROUND YOU AND OR RIDICULED. AS A GROWN MAN THIS IS WHAT IS HAPPENNING, BEING RIDICULED AND NOT BELIEVED, AND JUST IMAGINE AS A CHILD. YOU CANNOT TELL ME THAT AT 12 YEARS OLD YOU CAN EXPECT A CHILD TO REALIZE THAT THIS MAN WHO YOU HOLD IN SUCH HIGH REGARD SHOULD NOT BE DOING THESE THINGS. I AM TRYING SO HARD TO TRY AND MAKE PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT WE DIDNOT ASK FOR THIS TO HAPPEN. WE DIDNOT ASK FOR OUR ABUSE TO BE HIDDEN FOR SO MANY YEARS. ALL IM SAYING IS THAT JUST BECAUSE THOSE MEMORIES TOOK A BACK SEAT TO TRYING TO FUNCTION AS HUMAN BEINGS DOSENOT MEAN THAT IT DIDNOT HAPPEN. YOU MAY KNOW THIS MAN AS A GREAT PRIEST AND HUMAN BEING. BUT I KNOW HIM AS AN ABUSIVE PEDOPHILE. WHY CANT YOU HAVE SOME COMPASSION FOR THOSE THAT ARE ABUSED AND SAY TO YOURSELF LET ME KEEP AN OPEN MIND. WHAT IF ONE OF YOUR CHILDREN CAME TO YOU WITH THIS NEWS AFTER SO MANY YEARS? WOULD YOU DISMISS HIM OR HER JUST BECAUSE YOU CLAIM TO KNOW THIS PERSON? AS A GOOD PARENT OR GUARDIAN YOU WOULD NOT DISMISS IT.
Right on

South River, NJ

#9 Apr 21, 2011
Okay Than is Right on!
lola

East Orange, NJ

#10 Apr 30, 2011
la beesta is the biggest loser...he is an animal who vacationed with a bishop every february...he ogled everyone he could...he chased fr joe meagher out and fr mohammed out...he built the rectory to his liking, he wanted to go to calandra's for lunch and see his paisans in the retirement home...he lusted for power and money and everything he could get

his cronies enabled him every step of the way...

he doesn't have as much power in livingston, it was in caldwell and then they pushed the loser out
suzie

Bayville, NJ

#11 May 3, 2011
What's the implication behind the" vacationing with dimarzio" comment?
lola

Shelbyville, IN

#12 May 6, 2011
suzie wrote:
What's the implication behind the" vacationing with dimarzio" comment?
oh they probably made sand castles and held hands and ran around in mankinis

what do you think the ''implication'' is?!!!!
lola

Shelbyville, IN

#13 May 6, 2011
actually, it's not DiMarzio, he's over in Brooklyn i think

it's Marconi...he didn't ''have'' to retire at 75, even though he had to submit his resignation - it didn't have to be accepted! esp since he had another year until his 50th - and he's still around - what goes on there? does he have a mankini on underneath his robes?

http://www.rcan.org/news/070202pr.htm
taylor

Shelbyville, IN

#14 May 10, 2011
he's always wanted to be the bishop....
kevan

Shelbyville, IN

#15 Jun 8, 2011
now that his brother is going to be the pastor of OLBS, will they finally remove the loser the next town over?
One Eyed Jack

Bayonne, NJ

#16 Jun 10, 2011
Two more victims will be filing suit against Monsignor Reverend John J. Laferrera. That is a total of seven sexual abuse victims filing a civil lawsuit against this pedophile priest. The chickens are definitely coming home to roost. Nowhere to hide any longer. The lives that you have ruined are setting the bar for your removal from the priesthood. No more access to young boys. We all can not wait for you to wither away in obscurity.
parishoner

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Jul 3, 2011
thank you so much for framing it this way. I am a parishoner who only joined st phils 4 years ago. When I saw the men holding signs in front of the church this past spring I started investigating all of this. I am so saddened by what happened to you. I love my religion, my God, etc but I want the sex abusers gone. I support any effort to get rid of them. The unfortunate post from "just wondering is a loser (north arlington, nj)" will ruin this for all of you hard working victims. When you start using words like "retard" you lose all credibility so clean up your act if you want to be taken seriously.
Author

Westwood, NJ

#20 Jul 3, 2011
I was one of those men with the signs in front of your church. I must say that your response is very refreshing to say the least. So may parishioners at St. Philomena's and also at Our Lady of Mercy in Park Ridge (where we are seeking the removal of its pastor Father Charles Granstrand for abusing two first graders at OLM and raping a young mother at St. Mary's in Nutley) react like lemmings following the leader off the cliff. It is indeed sad that the church has so many abusers in its midst. What we all need to understand is that the religion is not the issue...faith is not the issue...bad men are the issue. Once the parishioners stop saying,"Not father John." "Not Father Charles." and look at the facts with an open mind the church will continue to be in the hands of predators who will lead it into extinction.
Voice for Justice

Ridgewood, NJ

#21 Jul 3, 2011
I believe that there are some priests who abuse their positions and are pedophiles. Just like their are teachers, doctors, lawyers, actors, bus drivers, garbage men, salesmen, landscapers, mechanics, and every other career in existence, that are pedophiles. Anyone can be a pedophile, but to accuse someone just because they are an easy target is unacceptable. Father John has the unique and special gift of being able to get along well with children. A person who can reach a child and speak their language should be thanked and respected not defamed. The church has, in the past, responded poorly to accusations of abuse. In doing so, they made it easy for greedy people who have no moral conscience to ruin the life of innocent people. Even when Father John is proven innocent, his reputation will be irrevocably tarnished. As a past parishioner of Father John I believe wholeheartedly in his innocence. I pray that those who falsely accuse others and set out to destroy lives just to bulk up their pockets get what they deserve.
Truth and Justice

Bayonne, NJ

#22 Jul 4, 2011
Father John has the unique and special gift of being able to get along well with children and touch them and do things to them sexually. That is a great man in the eyes of another pedophile. When he is found guilty of sexual assault on innocent children you will definitely swallow the words that you are writing on this forum.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Orange Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Big city 20,609
News Scott Leahy, 37, Avenel (Jul '07) Sep 21 bob 86
News Construction underway for Newark's new Military... (May '13) Sep 16 Bman 24
Unions Leaders Have Lost Sight Sep 16 RPI 1
News With Riverfront Park, Newark reacquaints itself... (Aug '13) Sep 15 Yunnel Escobar 39
News N.J. gay priest suspended after expressing supp... Sep 7 Topez 4
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Sep 3 Azad Hind 72,036

South Orange Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Orange Mortgages