Rape trial begins for ex-UTEP football player John Harvey

There are 12 comments on the Jul 26, 2008, El Paso Times story titled Rape trial begins for ex-UTEP football player John Harvey. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

A jury began hearing prosecution testimony Friday involving ex-UTEP and former NFL running back John Harvey who has been charged with raping a 12-year-old girl six times in Spring Valley, NY, according to The ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Carlos

El Paso, TX

#1 Jul 26, 2008
12 year old girl. The guy should receive the death penalty, but he won't because the law has pity on pedophiles.
gueroloco

El Paso, TX

#2 Jul 26, 2008
Another one in the long line of felons that have come out of "SecondChance U". A great running back without a single brain cell functioning at any given time. Typical.

12 year old? Get ready, John. Big Bubba White Boy is waiting for your black A$@!
tommyboywannabe

El Paso, TX

#3 Jul 26, 2008
She'd better not be a white girl NI@GAH!
mike

El Paso, TX

#4 Jul 26, 2008
tommyboywannabe wrote:
She'd better not be a white girl NI@GAH!
doeS it ReaLLY maTtER wat Color She Was DUMb A$$!

Since: May 08

Skokie, IL

#5 Jul 26, 2008
mike wrote:
<quoted text>
doeS it ReaLLY maTtER wat Color She Was DUMb ****!
in this case yes, could make the difference between life in the big house or a slap in the wrist
My Dixie Wrecked

El Paso, TX

#6 Jul 26, 2008
Let the justice system work. He may be innocent. I know a guy that was accused of sexually molesting a child. After the DA and lawyers went though a lot of questioning, it was discovered that the mother put the child up to the accusations because she had a beef with the family. In the US, we are innocent until proven guilty. Remember that.

Since: May 08

Chicago, IL

#7 Jul 29, 2008
My Dixie Wrecked wrote:
Let the justice system work. He may be innocent. I know a guy that was accused of sexually molesting a child. After the DA and lawyers went though a lot of questioning, it was discovered that the mother put the child up to the accusations because she had a beef with the family. In the US, we are innocent until proven guilty. Remember that.
plead GUILTY best piece hes gonahave in a long time untill he becomes the piece awwe that hurts
meeee

El Paso, TX

#8 Oct 2, 2008
what a crazy dude i mean the girl probably dont even have breast yet what a perve
Wendy

Boca Raton, FL

#9 Sep 7, 2011
My Dixie Wrecked wrote:
Let the justice system work. He may be innocent. I know a guy that was accused of sexually molesting a child. After the DA and lawyers went though a lot of questioning, it was discovered that the mother put the child up to the accusations because she had a beef with the family. In the US, we are innocent until proven guilty. Remember that.
I must agree with you.Not only do I beieve in what you say but I went to school with John Harvy and was friends with him back in the day of him playing High School Ball--All men/women are innocent until proven guilty by their peers.From what I have been reading I am seeing it as people are sayingabout "color"without all the factsthat is playing a huge issue in all of this.I would hate to think that John would have done something so horrible-but again,innocent until proven guilty.Man is not sentenced because of color

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#10 Sep 12, 2011
Wendy wrote:
<quoted text>I must agree with you.Not only do I beieve in what you say but I went to school with John Harvy and was friends with him back in the day of him playing High School Ball--All men/women are innocent until proven guilty by their peers.From what I have been reading I am seeing it as people are sayingabout "color"without all the factsthat is playing a huge issue in all of this.I would hate to think that John would have done something so horrible-but again,innocent until proven guilty.Man is not sentenced because of color
I agree with you Wendy. I played ball with John back in HS. I went to a different HS, but knew him none the less. Always found him to be a good guy. I just hope he's innocent and the justice system prevails either way.
grich

El Paso, TX

#11 Oct 18, 2011
does anyone know what prison he is in?
bigpappa

Richmond, VA

#12 Dec 9, 2013
grich wrote:
does anyone know what prison he is in?
yea the 1 they send u 2 4 rape

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Nyack Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Hudson North LLC (Nov '08) Apr 22 Important revew 98
News Gregg Brie released without bail on charges of ... (Mar '08) Apr 17 released 67
News What is the best measure of depression severity... Apr 17 JoshFlynn 3
Brandreth Pill Factory Demolition Apr 15 Anonymous 1
become a millionaire with this! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Donte Zirkind 1
News FDNY hero in 9/11, Deutsch Bank fire takes his ... (May '11) Jul '12 ladyrain 7
News Editorial: Time to get answers on Tappan Zee Br... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Arcilla 1
More from around the web

South Nyack People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]