State fair offers Krispy Kreme cheeseburger

Full story: The York Daily Record

The Machine Shed was serving the newest food craze at the Wisconsin State Fair, Krispy Kreme cheeseburgers.
Comments
21 - 40 of 53 Comments Last updated Aug 18, 2010
RussB

Sparks, NV

#24 Aug 17, 2010
I saw this burger on Man Vs Food. It sounded weird at first, but turned out to be awesome. I can't eat anywhere near the amount of food this guy consumes, but some of the menu items are great in reasonable sizes. Try also, chocolate covered fried bacon by itself. My daughter is a chef, and sends it to me as a Christmas treat. I don't want to eat it every day, but it's to die for...
RussB

Sparks, NV

#25 Aug 17, 2010
Geez, people relax. If you live a healthy life, exercise and eat well on a regular basis, you can splurge now and then. I am 53 years old, 5'10, weigh 180, run 8 miles per day and bench 325 lbs on a diet that does not include supplements of any kind. It's called being healthy.
Amaral

Greenville, SC

#26 Aug 17, 2010
That's nothing. Try the Friendly's Grilled Cheese Burger Melt. A big beef hamburger placed between 2 grilled cheese sandwiches. About 1400 calories. Makes the Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger look like diet food.
Cool Mon

Madison, WI

#27 Aug 17, 2010
People need to relax. Its taste great and you don't eat them everyday all day so I say enjoy. Come eat it early and walk around State Fair park and your good. I'm an athletic 6 foot 220lb man. One burger won't kill you. Geez people!
love it

New York, NY

#28 Aug 17, 2010
Would eat that in a sec. Forget about calories. Enjoy food! Just be watchful of fat and dairy intake in the bigger picture, for the sake of your gallgladder, etc. Food it not the enemy.
RussB

Sparks, NV

#29 Aug 17, 2010
Good comment! Nobody should eat this all the time, but once in a while won't kill ya. My Grandparents lived into their 90's, worked hard, drank whiskey. A lot of it is genetic. Life is to enjoy, don't piss it away worrying about what you can't control.
love it

New York, NY

#30 Aug 17, 2010
Would eat that in a sec. Forget about calories. Enjoy food! Just be watchful of fat and dairy intake in the bigger picture, for the sake of your gallgladder, etc. Food is not your enemy.
Ludi Kris

Orange City, FL

#31 Aug 17, 2010
Just what people need, another way to add on the pounds as if Americans aren't fat enough.
RussB

Sparks, NV

#32 Aug 17, 2010
Oh yeah, for those of you in PA, I have 4 seats from Three Rivers Stadium to sit in while I watch the Steelers play. LONG LIVE THE BLACK AND GOLD!!!!!!
Joey M

Brantford, Canada

#33 Aug 17, 2010
bill fritts wrote:
This idea has been been stolen from the show "The Boondocks" about 1000 times since it appeared about 5 years ago. It's called "The Luther" after Luther VanDrose.
I believe that this was before the Boondocks. It is the Luther Burger, though, and not some new concoction made up in Wisconsin. Even if the bacon is covered in chocolate, it's just a new touch to an old classic.
And to those that are getting oh so upset about this: If you don't want it, don't eat it! You don't want anybody you know eating it, tell them not to! But don't you dare sit there and tell me what is good or not good for me. This will not kill you. It's a bacon cheeseburger, just on a doughnut. If you had the doughnut for breakfast, the bacon cheeseburger for lunch, and some chocolate for a snack, you wouldn't be all up in arms. Here, they are just all together. It's the same food!!
People need to get a clue.
Larry

Philadelphia, PA

#34 Aug 17, 2010
Oh, I can see it coming. After all this is York County:

The Maple Donut Cheeseburger

Look for their stand at the York Fair!!!

It's coming!!
Im fat and unhappy

Brockton, MA

#35 Aug 17, 2010
It's certainly not immoral to eat that concoction, or criminal or whatever. It's just plain old sad- America in its death throes of blubberosity.
RussB

Sparks, NV

#36 Aug 17, 2010
EXACTLY!!! If you don't want it, don't eat it. I don't eat guts, grubs or beetles, and rarely ever sweets, but once in a while something just sounds good, such as an A&W root beer float or something out of the norm. Almost always, anything is better than one of dry gagging Kashi bars, eaten by the underweight, gray colored vegetarian crowd...
Im fat and unhappy

Brockton, MA

#37 Aug 17, 2010
RussB wrote:
Geez, people relax. If you live a healthy life, exercise and eat well on a regular basis, you can splurge now and then. I am 53 years old, 5'10, weigh 180, run 8 miles per day and bench 325 lbs on a diet that does not include supplements of any kind. It's called being healthy.
If you are doing all that you say to do you don't ever [b]want[/b] garbage like that.'Nuff said.
RussB

Sparks, NV

#38 Aug 17, 2010
I'm sorry for your situation. You have to eat, breath and MOVE. You'll feel much better. Good luck.
patrick

Phoenix, AZ

#39 Aug 17, 2010
anybody for deep fried twinkies for dessert??
RussB

Sparks, NV

#40 Aug 17, 2010
If you're fat and unhappy, it's up to you to do something about it.
RussB

Sparks, NV

#41 Aug 17, 2010
Saw that on Man vs Food too. Might be good...
David C

Milwaukee, WI

#42 Aug 17, 2010
I live in Wisco here and honestly the fair only happens once a year and last for a week in half. Some people who think it's gross you know what you don't have to eat it. I didn't eat it but to the other people who want to try let them it's a free country and it's not like you can get this everyday or something. What are we suppose to do regulate it???? I had a WI cream puff which has 660 calories and is awesome and delicious. I'm 5'9" 168 lbs and you know what I eat everything in moderation and that is the key here. I'm here to tell you well if you tax soda, candy which the state of IL does is not right. Do you realize juice, Chocolate milk while they have vitamins have as much sugar as the those items but are not taxed...I live in the USA and i'm proud of it the reason why we have problems is that the libs want to regulate everything and you can see it on some of the postings here. Trust there are a lot of things worse

http://www.acaloriecounter.com/fast-food-calo...

this would only be tied for 63rd and all the items on that link, but are available to the public everyday in every state...the point is don't do this everyday but if you want to spoil yourself every now and then why not....
Dan

Troy, IL

#43 Aug 17, 2010
This is old news! The Gateway Grizzlies minor league team has been doing this promotion for years. The burger has been featured on many shows and CBS had it as their headline for a few days.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/06/03/bro...

Oh and yes it its tasty! Especially when you can get the burger, chips, and a ticket in the first few rows for less that $10. Awesome fun!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Milwaukee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WI Who do you support for Governor in Wisconsin in... (Oct '10) 7 hr - -SPOONER- - 7,046
Oak Creek Army Ranger Justin Slaby to graduate ... Aug 30 mhirsh81 2
WI Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Wisconsin... (Oct '10) Aug 19 Pro People 2,234
Dumpster diving campaign hopes to raise awarene... Aug 18 StephDad 1
Health Fair Returns to South Milw Downtown Mark... Aug 17 The Living Legend 5
WI Wisconsin Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Jul '14 BOBBY 452
anabolic steroids (Apr '12) Jul '14 MELO 39
•••
•••
South Milwaukee Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

South Milwaukee Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••