Water Main Break: South Milwaukee wat...

Water Main Break: South Milwaukee water main breaks, residents ...

There are 41 comments on the Fox6 story from Feb 5, 2010, titled Water Main Break: South Milwaukee water main breaks, residents .... In it, Fox6 reports that:

South Milwaukee residents and businesses are asked to conserve water after a water main broke near the water tower.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox6.

Celia

Milwaukee, WI

#23 Feb 5, 2010
For those that cannot read... this only affects the CITY OF SOUTH MILWAUKEE!
Angelina

Waukesha, WI

#24 Feb 5, 2010
I hope the results are negative tomorrow everyone,this is scary for a worry wart mom lol. God Bless!
Joanne

Milwaukee, WI

#25 Feb 5, 2010
No, this is only for South Milwaukee. Oak Creek's water is safe.
JLM

Milwaukee, WI

#26 Feb 5, 2010
Does anyone really drink the water in So. Milwaukee anyways? I know there's NO WAY I would. We live near the park and if we dont clean the window sill in our shower once a week, there's a pink slime that forms.
There is NO WAY I'd drink that water. I feel filthy just using it to bathe
Jordan

Milwaukee, WI

#27 Feb 5, 2010
Yes, they should have made it, absolutely, clear that it is only affecting South Milwaukee. But they did not. Indeed, they mention South Milwaukee several times but, with instances such as these, I think they could have gone the extra step to make sure that noone felt uninformed. I am appalled that the city was not calling its residents and it reflects poorly on the established order in that part of the city. Remember this come election time folks and let's all hope noone dies.
Meghan Christie

Milwaukee, WI

#28 Feb 6, 2010
I have been a resident of South Milwaukee for fourteen years. I was rather upset this morning as there was no answer at the Water Utilty plant. I left an upset message with the City Treasurer in my frustration. I never anticipated that Karen Skronski would return my call on a Saturday. She completely renewed my faith in that the situation was being immediately addresssed. I am waiting for this mornings' press conference to air. Kudos to Karen in her always responsive demeanor! She is truly an asset to the City of South Milwaukee. I can now plan and enjoy my weekend. We do take for grant it how blessed we are in this country.

“I'm a Conservative Liberal”

Since: Mar 08

Milwaukee

#29 Feb 6, 2010
Judging by some of the comments here, I can definitely see why some people fear Western Civilization is doomed.

At the very worst, some sediment got into the water line where it broke. That's it. No dangerous bacteria, no harmful alien lifeforms, no communists and this was NOT caused by Obama. It's not like that Cryto thing years ago.

IF it were really a danger to health of the community, they can turn it off.

The sky is not falling.
Chris

South Milwaukee, WI

#30 Feb 6, 2010
South Milwaukee has one of the oldest water main piping systems. Hey Doyle, instead of wasting stimulas money on high speed rail, how about putting it to good use and send some of it over this way to better our water pipes and treatment facilities. Health and well being is worth more than luxury.
Lisa

Milwaukee, WI

#31 Feb 6, 2010
OMG....this is for SOUTH MILWAUKEE only...and the ban has been lifted as of 10:30 this morning. The water is now safe for use and consumption
MMF

Oak Creek, WI

#32 Feb 6, 2010
Meghan Christie wrote:
I have been a resident of South Milwaukee for fourteen years. I was rather upset this morning as there was no answer at the Water Utilty plant. I left an upset message with the City Treasurer in my frustration. I never anticipated that Karen Skronski would return my call on a Saturday. She completely renewed my faith in that the situation was being immediately addresssed. I am waiting for this mornings' press conference to air. Kudos to Karen in her always responsive demeanor! She is truly an asset to the City of South Milwaukee. I can now plan and enjoy my weekend. We do take for grant it how blessed we are in this country.
Glad you got a call back from a city official but cut the Water Utility a little slack. They are fixing the major break as well as other breaks that occurred during the night. The water utility staff has been working just about non-stop since yesterday morning on restoring water service in addition to trying to answer non-stop phone calls. Perhaps thanking them for their hard work rather than assuming they just didn't answer the phone would have been a more appropriate post.
tlc53172

Milwaukee, WI

#33 Feb 6, 2010
I just want to say I am very proud to be a South Milwaukee resident,its times like this that remind me why I moved into this community.The City and the Schools handled this situation in a way that let us know the severity but at the same time didnt freak us out.The schools were able to teach our kids that very same way to handle a situation like this with out getting scared. I want to say THANK YOU SOUTH MILWAUKEE... IM SO PROUD.
Olivia

Waterford, WI

#34 Feb 6, 2010
Finaly we get to drink are tap water. But boo we still have to go to school.
LOL

Menomonee Falls, WI

#35 Feb 6, 2010
JAF wrote:
They said 20 inch pipe , not 20 foot pipe on TV. Inch sounds more likely for our little town.
Sorry my friend ut a water main in any city would not be 20 ft. Sorry to disapoint you. The twenty inch line is a substancial size line for any city. If you read or listend it was connected to the plant so it was bigger than most in South Milwaukee. Not just you but there are alot of really stupid questions and comments in this blog. It is a water main and happens all the time.
LOL

Menomonee Falls, WI

#36 Feb 6, 2010
tlc53172 wrote:
I just want to say I am very proud to be a South Milwaukee resident,its times like this that remind me why I moved into this community.The City and the Schools handled this situation in a way that let us know the severity but at the same time didnt freak us out.The schools were able to teach our kids that very same way to handle a situation like this with out getting scared. I want to say THANK YOU SOUTH MILWAUKEE... IM SO PROUD.
Well to get things straight it wasnt that severe. This great nation of ours has water main breaks almost every day. Its not that big of a deal.
carole

United States

#37 Feb 6, 2010
Is It safe to drink the water if you have a filter on the tap?
Jimmy

Milwaukee, WI

#38 Feb 6, 2010
windsavage wrote:
Judging by some of the comments here, I can definitely see why some people fear Western Civilization is doomed.
At the very worst, some sediment got into the water line where it broke. That's it. No dangerous bacteria, no harmful alien lifeforms, no communists and this was NOT caused by Obama. It's not like that Cryto thing years ago.
IF it were really a danger to health of the community, they can turn it off.
The sky is not falling.
Actually it GWB and Halliburton's fault ...
State of what

Sussex, WI

#39 Feb 7, 2010
This morning I read on the news as it scrolled across the bottom that a state of emergency was declared after it happened. Anyone else hear/see that or were my eyeballs not awake yet.. and is a state of emergency necessary on something like this?
youreanidiot

Milwaukee, WI

#40 Feb 7, 2010
Former Resident wrote:
They NEED to call people, I just called my Mom from 200 miles away to tell her, she had NO IDEA.. The city needs to send out phone calls already..
Really ? You expecct the city to call all 22,000 residents ? as well as somehow track down your clueless mother 200 miles away ? Whats wrong with you ?
youreanidiot

Milwaukee, WI

#41 Feb 7, 2010
JLM wrote:
Does anyone really drink the water in So. Milwaukee anyways? I know there's NO WAY I would. We live near the park and if we dont clean the window sill in our shower once a week, there's a pink slime that forms.
There is NO WAY I'd drink that water. I feel filthy just using it to bathe
Idiot. You registered yourself as living in Oak Creek.You ever wonder why you have no friends?
who is the idiot now

Sussex, WI

#42 Feb 7, 2010
youreanidiot wrote:
<quoted text> Idiot. You registered yourself as living in Oak Creek.You ever wonder why you have no friends?
Its the ISP address you idiot. Learn how this works before you spout your idiot self off

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Milwaukee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Franklin, WI (Mar '17) Jul '17 DESTINY P 9
News Anti-Gay Church Protests Brookfield 'Mega Church' (Jul '12) Jul '17 fuuny 21
News Weird 39 mins ago 6:33 a.m.Brazen cheese heists... Jun '17 AmPieJam UncleSam 9
News Iron worker gearing up to challenge Ryan Jun '17 WelbyMD 1
Katherine Torres Jun '17 Just Saying 1
Cudahy Music Forum (Nov '12) May '17 Musikologist 15
Jen's Sweet Treats May '17 Little_Teacup 2

South Milwaukee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Milwaukee Mortgages