Dougie

Fairfield, CA

#61 Jun 28, 2008
PDyckman Queen L Soap wrote:
None of you are for real! I was the Drummer for "Queen Lily Soap" We opened for all the groups @ "The Sanctuary" We traveled with "The Chambers Bros" to Fillmore West: and we opened for them there! Call Me! Paul Dyckman. Gary Rafennelli can cosign for me. I worked with him in 1974. Monan Skarin..where are you??? I still love you!pdyckman@comcast.net
Hey,I remember you guys well.And will never forget the time in 1968 when one of your band members got chased around the ballroom by a couple of crazy super patriots who objected to him wearing the American flag on the backseat of his pants!
It was quite a sight to see.
John Hardy

Reno, NV

#62 Jul 22, 2008
Wow man. Was googling the funhouse and the sanctuary to try and recall the bands that played there and came upon this thread full of legends. And the Pinecone in Sahara. All I can say is wow!
Shelley Nielsen

Reedley, CA

#63 Aug 15, 2008
Hi...I LIVED for the S.L.T. American Legion Dances...my parents had a fruit stand just south of the American Legion (across from the Red Hut.) I would stop by the fruit stand...and take enough money out of the cash register for my friends to get into the dance. I was young...14 so it was pretty much my initiation into the freedom of being a teenager.
When ever I watch the movie "Dirty Dancing" I kind of flash back to the American Legion and...smile! Jim Burgett was the best!!! My favorite recording was "Scene of the Crime". Thanks Jim for contributing to my "life memories".
Shelley in CA
p.s. I am in myspace... search for: lechezz or shelleychez
Shelley Nielsen

Reedley, CA

#64 Aug 15, 2008
Me here again...Sure would like to find some of my old friends, the Chacon family (Charlotte), the Long family, Dennis M.? Jim MacDonald,
Roger Langlois (Langloyce.)
I am in myspace... search for: lechezz or shelleychez.
Shelley
Eddie Loebs

Roseville, CA

#65 Aug 27, 2008
Hello old friends,it's been a good year...i've got in touch with some other old friends from tahoe i haven't seen for around 30 years...Tommy wilson [drummer-Rock Creek] Eric Almeroth [guitar-Cedar Grove] BJ Ed Bjorem [Boogie piano/guitar-steve walker]are a few...had a great time playing SLT '73 class reunion.[Joe & cindy where there Jim]and the yolo county fair was great also.until next time,peace,love and rock n roll!!
Gary B

AOL

#66 Dec 15, 2008
Not sure anyone still reading this post, but I too remember Jim @ the Legion. I graduated from Lodi High. Everyone went to Tahoe to party. Great times, great girls, and a fight or two.
In 65, my girlfriend and several girls from Lodi worked in Tahoe and lived on a house on Modesto Ave.I remember the Sheriffs Substation was @ the end of the block...don't ask me why I remembered that.
I remember the Chief and the last Burgett dance for me. There was a fight...or something. And someone threw a bottle of mustard against the stage curtain. It's sort of fuzzy...it was a night of Red Mountain and Coors.
Anyone else remember that?? Garybsac@aol.com
Paul Edward Dyckmaqn

Pleasanton, CA

#67 Mar 22, 2009
To Eddie from Paul your message is well taken had so much fun that year I think it had the better of me on the day that I entered my message to this site.....Yes, I am talking about M. Skarin, we had such a real romance Many days (or nites) I crashed at her house on San Francisco Ave. we had an unspoken truth between us Our group "Queen Lily Soap" (which I will be be first to say wasn't very good!) well, we became fast friends with "The Chambers Brothers" and they took us down to San Francisco with them to open @ Fillmore West....that was August 1968 (Bill Graham treated us so badly) Nothing could compare to those times.....I have like 2 million stories! Anyway, if anyone responds to this.....I would appreciate it. Also, if Gary Rafanelli reads this.....let me know if you happen to need another player in your show. Love to All
Paul Edward Dyckman

Pleasanton, CA

#68 Mar 22, 2009
Here is the way to spell my name Paul Edward Dyckman
Davis

Hesperia, CA

#69 Mar 30, 2009
Jim, Glad to see you're still kickin'.i Remember the the old American Legion very well{'66-'67}. Before the roof caved in! And all the fun people. Rich Mueller, the Brummett twins, Dennis Pimley, Jack Harrison, Glen Wilson,and many more. I was in the Maltesemen Car and Motorcycle Club.And that was our favorite fun spot. Great times.
Rich Davis

Hesperia, CA

#70 Mar 31, 2009
Jim, I could go on, and on about those days. A few more people I would like to mention: Bill Chacon, Larry Townsend, Bobby Lehman, Rick Lallement, and the night Bob Boemler got into a fist fight with Deputy Sheriff Brown. The Sanctuary was fun too {'68-'69}. Alot of good bands; Chuck Berry, IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY, Etc. That's all for now. And oh yeah, went to your home one time on Fairway Drive with the MacConnelly's. Take Care!
EDDIE LOEBS

Citrus Heights, CA

#71 Apr 26, 2009
I just found an old flier from the Fun House advertising AUM & Jim Burgett.....really cool,these are pretty rare i would think....i may have even been to this show as i saw AUM a few times there...eddieloebs@yahoo.com
Laura Marinangeli

Ketchum, ID

#72 Apr 30, 2009
What a stroll down memory lane! I left Tahoe in 1970, but had the good fortune to spend my early youth there...age 7 thru 15. I'm glad to know that other people remember how amazing the mid sixties were at The Lake, and that it was not just a figment of my imagination. I'm sure everyone I've known since then is bored to death hearing over and over about El Dorado Beach... the bands who played the Sanctuary/Funhouse... my friends and I hitchiking up and down Hiway 50 and all the crazy parties, but I never get tired of remembering it. Very special times. Eddie, I don't know if you remember me, but we were classmates since about 6th grade... I'm glad to hear you are doing well pursuing music... it's a wonderfully satisfying art form. Thanks for the memories {:-)
Cindy Burgett McGowan

Elk Grove, CA

#73 Jun 8, 2009
It's great to hear that people remember the Legion Hall and Funhouse dances at the lake. Our family has many fond memories of the 60's and 70's there. As some of you may know, Jim has been living in Vegas but on July 3rd, 2009, will return to the Tahoe area for a party thrown by his family to celebrate his birthday. I don't know who lives in the area anymore but if you're around and would like talk about old times and wish Jim Happy BDay, come by Round Hill Pines Beach after 7:30.
EDDIE LOEBS

Citrus Heights, CA

#74 Jun 8, 2009
Laura Marinangeli wrote:
What a stroll down memory lane! I left Tahoe in 1970, but had the good fortune to spend my early youth there...age 7 thru 15. I'm glad to know that other people remember how amazing the mid sixties were at The Lake, and that it was not just a figment of my imagination. I'm sure everyone I've known since then is bored to death hearing over and over about El Dorado Beach... the bands who played the Sanctuary/Funhouse... my friends and I hitchiking up and down Hiway 50 and all the crazy parties, but I never get tired of remembering it. Very special times. Eddie, I don't know if you remember me, but we were classmates since about 6th grade... I'm glad to hear you are doing well pursuing music... it's a wonderfully satisfying art form. Thanks for the memories {:-)
Hi Laura....i'm sure i would remember you if i saw your face...if you want to email me my address is eddieloebs@yahoo.com...email me and say hi.....Cindy..it was nice to see your post here..i come here every few months when it comes to mind...i hope to see you and Joe in Round Hill in July....sorry my band couldn't play,but i will have my guitar and amp with me ready for anything....love to all and to all a good night..Eddie.
Sam Gerard

Minden, NV

#75 Jun 18, 2009
Jim Burgetts birthday party is going to be at round hill pines in lake tahoe July 3, 2009 7:30pm ALL ARE INVITED! it is going to be a lot of fun. email SammyGerard@live.com if you want to reply. just like the dances everyone is invited.:D
EDDIE LOEBS

Citrus Heights, CA

#76 Jun 25, 2009
WOW....Micheal Jackson died today...didn't expect that one...He was a great artist. R.I.P.Michael.
Peter

Shelton, WA

#77 Jun 28, 2009
You all have better memories than me. What was the name of the rock hall on Highway 50 at Bijou in a little grocery store building? I saw Chuck Berry there in about 1971-- though I'd love to pin down the actual year. If anyone remembers that show, or who backed Chuck Berry, or when it was, I'd love to know.
Peter

Shelton, WA

#78 Jun 28, 2009
PDyckman Queen L Soap wrote:
I know everyone connected to "The Sanctuary"! Our people funded it and we opened for "Sly & The Family Stone".."Santana "... everyone.!
PDyckman-- did you now a drummer named Stevo? He was in a band that opened for Sly at The Sanctuary.
EDDIE LOEBS

Citrus Heights, CA

#79 Jul 3, 2009
I Remember being at a Chuck Berry show for a very short time,and i don't remember who was with him.I was a little underage and got let in often by a friend,i was kicked out at some point during the show,not always though....Peter,i thought maybe you were looking for "The Fun House",until you mentioned "The Sanctuary,but i guess not....i can't think of any other "concert halls" in bijou besides that...There was the American legon hall.....
Peter

Tacoma, WA

#80 Jul 3, 2009
EDDIE LOEBS wrote:
Peter,i thought maybe you were looking for "The Fun House",until you mentioned "The Sanctuary,
Eddie-- I don't really know what it was called. It was the place in a little grocery store building.(Later Baskin Robbins!) And no age limit that I recall-- I was only about 15 at the time, and couldn't have fooled anyone. Peter

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Lake Tahoe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Assured Security Locksmith (Nov '14) Feb '15 Shawn rewell 3
heroin Feb '15 bootz 1
News Opinion: Placerville Stop Lights Need to GO (Aug '13) Feb '15 Carol McGraw 3
Review: Ashes To Ashes-Dust To Dust Jan '15 Brian J 1
MEX-TEX-CA DRUGS to YOU! (Nov '14) Nov '14 ILLEGALS - DRUGS ... 1
News North Lake Tahoe recreation update (Sep '08) Oct '14 mountainlakes 3
News Bayonets, grenade launchers given to local law ... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Password Plus 209
More from around the web

South Lake Tahoe People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]