I-80, 50 Closed As Storm Causes Sierr...

I-80, 50 Closed As Storm Causes Sierra Traffic Troubles

There are 2 comments on the KXTV-TV News 10 story from Mar 31, 2006, titled I-80, 50 Closed As Storm Causes Sierra Traffic Troubles. In it, KXTV-TV News 10 reports that:

Written for the web by Jason Kobely , Internet News Producer Traffic along parts of Interstate 80 and Highway 50 was closed late Friday night as weather conditions caused slowdowns, spinouts and other accidents ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KXTV-TV News 10.

ELizabeth

United States

#1 Apr 1, 2006
We were stuck on I-80 just past Twin Bridges from around 7pm until sometime after 11pm. They were not allowing anyone to be able to go back towards Sacramento until sometime after 10pm. They told us that they were trying to open the roads again asap and ended up detouring everyone back to Colfax. We searched for motels from Colfax until Sacramento and couldn't find anything, by this time it was around 2am. Luckily we found a family's house we can stay at in Vacaville, ca. All this was due to 3 majpr accidents on I-80. CHP told us that a Safeway big rig fliped over when the idiot missed his exit and tried to still take it. Well, we took some cars with him when he fish tailed out of control and turned over. THey said there were 25 cars that were in accidents on I-80. What an experience.
igs

Alameda, CA

#2 Apr 1, 2006
We were stuck on Hwy 50 from a bit before 9pm until well past 12.30am, when a CHP car drove by telling of an avalanche that would take 3-6 more hours to clear. Although we were barely 30 miles from the south shore, we turned around and drove home.

Caltrans should do something about their radio transmissions on 1670 AM. They are impossible to receive all along Hwy 50. If the radio had said something and we had been able to receive it, it could have saved us 4 hours of wait.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Lake Tahoe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
heroin (Feb '15) Jan 8 Xxyy 24
News North Lake Tahoe recreation update (Sep '08) Nov '16 Sierra_Girl 5
Legion Hall dances (May '06) Aug '16 Jesse J Ingraham 249
News LAPD, family both trying to find man missing 4 ... (Oct '09) Jun '16 MDSM 6
News Doctors report Kris Jackson was shot in the bac... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Low profile 2
News Family speaks out in deadly South Lake Tahoe of... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Let us be real 3
News Report: FBI links suspect in Dublin robbery to ... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Aspirin Between M... 2

South Lake Tahoe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Lake Tahoe Mortgages